Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 72 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Curious, but why so many weapons on here with the B&T mags?  I would think a glock lower/mags would be massively better in all areas.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheSadPatriot:
Curious, but why so many weapons on here with the B&T mags?  I would think a glock lower/mags would be massively better in all areas.
View Quote

I am a Glock guy so it was a no brainer for me

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#3]
View Quote

For me, I don't really care for 33 round Glock magazines.  They work and they work really well but they feel obscenely long.  I also didn't really care for the magazine insertion angle.  Under night vision, it's not as intuitive as a straight insert magazine.  At least, for me.  I tried running the 27 round Magpul magazines but with a suppressed gun, they gunk up really quick and start failing way too quickly.

The B&T factory magazines are trash.  They have sharp feed lips and they crack really easily.  The KCI magazines are working marvelously and solve both of those aforementioned issues.  Without the KCI magazines, i'd still probably be running my Glock lowers.  To each their own.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

2 reasons, because proper dual feed mags should be better than single feed mags and because we played the chumps in thinking a company like B&T wouldn't put out such a crappy product.

Not only do the mags suck, but both the APC and GHM have numerous feed and mag dropping issues with them. So much so that I gave up on them fixing my APC and I bought a Glock lower at my expense. I lost count how many times they tried to fix my GHM, they even managed to induce new issues with their fixes, like failure to lock back on empty. When they supposedly fixed everything, I briefly tested it and sold that POS as fast as I could.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Glock mags are not designed to be really PCC mags.

That said. BT makes a great Glock lower that WORKS good.

Traditional BT mags are what purist like myself will go with. It’s a proven design. It works. It’s BT.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer Glock mags because I have 7 Glocks and 3 carbines that take Glock mags.

I really like using 17 round mags with the +5 extension in my APC.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
I prefer Glock mags because I have 7 Glocks and 3 carbines that take Glock mags.

I really like using 17 round mags with the +5 extension in my APC.
View Quote

Yup. I’d run a Glock mag too in your case.

However a MUST is Custom Smith MFG magwell for the Glock lower…a MUST!
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

If you have Glocks, the Glock lower seems like a no brainer.  Even if you don't, it may be a good option.  Glock mags are robust, inexpensive, and available in many sizes and colors from multiple suppliers.  I have heard they are less reliable than the B&T mags, but I don't have first hand experience there.  I have a spare Glock lower, which I picked up on sale, but haven't used it.

B&T mags give you compatibility with other B&T products, and may be more reliable, but at a higher cost for a mag that is clearly less rugged.  KCI seems to have addressed both those issues, at least to some extent, but their mags are only available in 30rd sizes.  I suspect a big driver for folks who go with the B&T mags is that they look cool and the APC looks like a soup sandwich with a 33rd Glock mag.  That's clearly subjective, but I've heard it more than once...and many of these things are used as range toys.

I've also considered picking up the P320 lower and trying it out, since I have several P320s and quite a few mags, but I haven't seen much info about its reliability.  It's clearly the least popular option.  I'm surprised the Army didn't go that way.  I believe they went with the B&T lower.
View Quote

i havent cleaned my APC9k or any of the 33rnd glock mags in over 500 rounds now and have had zero issues with it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Yup. I’d run a Glock mag too in your case.

However a MUST is Custom Smith MFG magwell for the Glock lower…a MUST!
View Quote

If it wasn't sold out it would be on my gun already.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

If it wasn't sold out it would be on my gun already.
View Quote

Can it be backordered?
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I sold my APC9 recently but the mags were kinda meh. If (when) I buy an APC9 again I will probably get a Scorpion mag lower just for the plethora of awesome mag options
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dblazevich:
I sold my APC9 recently but the mags were kinda meh. If (when) I buy an APC9 again I will probably get a Scorpion mag lower just for the plethora of awesome mag options
View Quote

How were they "meh" ... I find the BT mags to be plenty capable ...and the BT lower ergos are spot on with it ...
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I had feeding issues with my my Glock mag lower and hollow-point bullets but B&T couldn’t replicate the problem. It looked like the center-feeding from the Glock mag ran the hollow point right into the middle divider of the dual feed ramp.  It runs fine with FMJ.

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Before i post to the EE, i've got 6 of the B&T mag rubber bumpers im wanting to sell. I like them, but they make them too wide to fit in my preferred mag pouches and still easily draw them. Its unique to how im doing (probably wrong...) but I know people want these things and they can be hard to find.

Feel free to email or IM me. I'll put them on the EE in a few days if nobody here has interest.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By glocktalk:

i havent cleaned my APC9k or any of the 33rnd glock mags in over 500 rounds now and have had zero issues with it.
View Quote

If you have to clean a magazine after 500 rounds, your magazine sucks.

Magazines should go thousands upon thousands of rounds without cleaning.

My Magpul Glock magazines became so fouled so quickly that they ended up as baby rattles.  The followers simply seized.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#18]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

If you have to clean a magazine after 500 rounds, your magazine sucks.

Magazines should go thousands upon thousands of rounds without cleaning.

My Magpul Glock magazines became so fouled so quickly that they ended up as baby rattles.  The followers simply seized.
View Quote

Foolish neglect and mentality of not cleaning your gear because of some mythical magical saying like your magazines should go thousands upon thousands of rounds without cleaning is just stupid…and irresponsible…why would you chance increasing your mags possibility of inducing a malfunction…

Come on now…where do people come up with these statements…
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#19]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Foolish neglect and mentality of not cleaning your gear because of some mythical magical saying like your magazines should go thousands upon thousands of rounds without cleaning is just stupid…and irresponsible…why would you chance increasing your mags possibility of inducing a malfunction…

Come on now…where do people come up with these statements…
View Quote

Neglect is a completely different concept from understanding what your equipment is capable of.  Lumping them together is disingenuous.

Why are you using the same magazines in training that you would run for self defense or duty purposes?  Vet a set of magazines for duty/carry and run those.  Train with a separate set.

I choose to vet my duty magazines, verify that they are sound and then put them into a carry rotation.  I do not take them apart or clean them as I put them into a duty rotation in the last condition that they were in, ie working a state.  My earlier statement is not a magical, mythical statement.  I have outlined my practices above and have had great success with them.  I have a set of five Glock 17 magazines with over 100k rounds through them that i've been training with since 2018 or 2019.  These magazines have never been cleaned and I am not experiencing malfunctions that are related to the magazines.  I would say that given the amount of cycles on these mags, it's probably time to replace the springs but they continue to function so I haven't spent the money.

In the case of my B&T Glock lower.  My Magpul magazines gummed up and became inoperable way too quickly for my liking.  I haven't experienced these same issue with my B&T brand high volume training magazines.  To me, those Magpul magazines aren't worth the price of admission.

I've seen more issues from people monkeying with stuff than anything else.  Sticking to an age old doctrine handed down from the military for purposes of "cause I said so" is stupid and and irresponsible.  Cleaning a gun and keeping up with maintenance schedules is one thing.  Cleaning because you believe the gun wont function unless you do that is stacking the odds against yourself.  To each their own.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Magpul Glock mags suck!
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:03:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#21]
Does anyone know a place I can get a extra set of charging handle retaining pins for the apc9?
I didn’t know they could fall out during disassembly. I almost lost one the 2nd time I cleaned mine so I’d like to have a extra set.

Didnt see them on MGW or the B&T USA website.

Already emailed B&T about it.

To be more clear, I’m talking about the solid pins that are about the same size as a AR15 gas tube roll pin.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Neglect is a completely different concept from understanding what your equipment is capable of.  Lumping them together is disingenuous.

Why are you using the same magazines in training that you would run for self defense or duty purposes?  Vet a set of magazines for duty/carry and run those.  Train with a separate set.

I choose to vet my duty magazines, verify that they are sound and then put them into a carry rotation.  I do not take them apart or clean them as I put them into a duty rotation in the last condition that they were in, ie working a state.  My earlier statement is not a magical, mythical statement.  I have outlined my practices above and have had great success with them.  I have a set of five Glock 17 magazines with over 100k rounds through them that i've been training with since 2018 or 2019.  These magazines have never been cleaned and I am not experiencing malfunctions that are related to the magazines.  I would say that given the amount of cycles on these mags, it's probably time to replace the springs but they continue to function so I haven't spent the money.

In the case of my B&T Glock lower.  My Magpul magazines gummed up and became inoperable way too quickly for my liking.  I haven't experienced these same issue with my B&T brand high volume training magazines.  To me, those Magpul magazines aren't worth the price of admission.

I've seen more issues from people monkeying with stuff than anything else.  Sticking to an age old doctrine handed down from the military for purposes of "cause I said so" is stupid and and irresponsible.  Cleaning a gun and keeping up with maintenance schedules is one thing.  Cleaning because you believe the gun wont function unless you do that is stacking the odds against yourself.  To each their own.
View Quote

Yeah the feed angle alone with Glock mags on PCCs make me not run them ... B&T mags solid.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:25:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: branflake12] [#23]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:09:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#24]
Bumpers don't last long...they usually go out of stock fast.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Despite the durability issues, decided to try the MBT stock as this isn't a hard-use gun.  Haven't shot it yet, but it feels good LARPing around the house.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Lipstick rounds are the best rounds!
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Just put my APC9K for sale in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I am testing my magazines (All B&T) on the APC9 Pro and I have one that is giving me an FTF and double feed constantly. The other mag, same ammunition fed without issue. B&T warranty?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
I am testing my magazines (All B&T) on the APC9 Pro and I have one that is giving me an FTF and double feed constantly. The other mag, same ammunition fed without issue. B&T warranty?
View Quote

B&T has been good about sending me new mags when I have identified a specific issue (such as a cracked lip). Did you try swapping the follower and spring from the working one to the failing one?  If the problem still persists with the good follower/spring combo, it should give you good justification for a replacement.  If the problem doesn't occur, you can keep limiting it down to the spring or follower to identify a specific replacement part.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Despite the durability issues, decided to try the MBT stock as this isn't a hard-use gun.  Haven't shot it yet, but it feels good LARPing around the house.

https://i.imgur.com/4kkvHSe.jpg
View Quote

durability issues?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:

durability issues?
View Quote

Someone on reddit posted he broke the latch on his stock that allows the stock body to move in and out ...

Upon looking at the pics ... I truly believe he tried to mortar the stock while it was open and broke the "teeth" ...

If you must mortar to clear a malfunction ... collapse the MBT like an M4 stock as it has a reinforced pocket ...
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I finally ordered a stock conversion kit, and I found out they changed the stock to add QD sockets.

I was hoping to get the old style, and was sent the new one.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bkultra] [#34]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
I finally ordered a stock conversion kit, and I found out they changed the stock to add QD sockets.

I was hoping to get the old style, and was sent the new one.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58648/20230608_173707-2844343.jpg
View Quote

I just ordered the buttplate this past weekend and received the older version two days ago from bt-parts.

https://bt-parts.com/bt-20482-buttplate/
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:45:47 AM EDT
[#35]
In terms of resale value, what's generally accepted as better? A B&G mag lower or a glock lower?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BoatingAccident:
In terms of resale value, what's generally accepted as better? A B&G mag lower or a glock lower?
View Quote

Overwhelmingly Glock.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BoatingAccident:
View Quote

Authentic B&T mags will eventually bring more value as a collector ...

For most ... the Glock mag lower makes a lot of sense ...
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Having to buy a pricey new buffer to get the MBT is annoying. In the end, I couldn't justify the added cost for my infrequent use schedule.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:13:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Can't you just swap buffers to the new hinge piece?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#40]
you can, just tap out the roll pin and either tap it back in or use set screws if the new one has them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:49:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#41]
posted in wrong thread
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Been running the APC9K hard lately. Added the BT RQD can which sounds amazing.

I used to think wow this thing is so easy to clean. Using the can really changes that...
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Looking to SBR my APC9. Anyone running a picatinny stock adapter with an aftermarket stock?

The Sig Minimalist Plus looks like a good option. Would cost ~$400 if I bought everything new.

Could go with the B&T telescopic for not much more. I like the idea of no adjustment, just folded/unfolded.

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By isullivan:
Looking to SBR my APC9. Anyone running a picatinny stock adapter with an aftermarket stock?

The Sig Minimalist Plus looks like a good option. Would cost ~$400 if I bought everything new.

Could go with the B&T telescopic for not much more. I like the idea of no adjustment, just folded/unfolded.

View Quote

I was in the same boat trying to decide on a stock. I wound up with the HK UMP stock. It's $90 and fits great in the APC's native hardware. It's not nearly as cool as the telescopic stock or even the Sig one, but it's way cheaper and works great.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By hfrog355:

I was in the same boat trying to decide on a stock. I wound up with the HK UMP stock. It's $90 and fits great in the APC's native hardware. It's not nearly as cool as the telescopic stock or even the Sig one, but it's way cheaper and works great.
View Quote

All I need is the stock and pin? Wouldn’t need any other adapters right?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Hrm.

When did the APC feature an mlok six o'clock mounting pattern on the handguard?

I saw a video recently and I was like...ok, that's cool.

Is that one particular model?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#47]

All I need is the stock and pin? Wouldn’t need any other adapters right?
View Quote

Yep. You don't even need another pin. The one holding the block in place as it comes from the factory works for the folding stock too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: isullivan] [#48]
I plan on filing a Form 1 this weekend. Think I’m gonna go with the UMP stock to start.

Still needs a weapon light and a can. Any suggestions? Thinking a scout mini or a pistol light with pressure switch. I have my eye on an Omega 9k.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#49]
I plan on filing a Form 1 this weekend. Think I’m gonna go with the UMP stock to start.

Still needs a weapon light and a can. Any suggestions? Thinking a scout mini or a pistol light with pressure switch. I have my eye on an Omega 9k.
View Quote

Mini Scout Light Pro (UE tailcap) with a Modbutton Lite is a good combo. The Surefire pressure switch is a bit long on the APC where the Modbutton can be strategically placed.  The 9K is good (I use one with my APC9K).  I'm using the B&T RBS SQD Compact with the SPC9.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redgineer] [#50]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222631/IMG_0887_jpeg-2998803.JPG
View Quote

Omega 9k is the correct answer.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 72 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top