B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 71 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 5:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emwen] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
B&T offering limited-release SBR config APC9s, in standard and K lengths, with the new MBT Folding/telescoping stock, MLOK handguard, and an all-new aluminum lower, with ambi controls, flared mag well, and and flat-faced Elftmann Tactical trigger system:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/11/18/bt-usa-apc9-aluminum-lowers/

https://bt-usa.com/product-category/apc9-limited/
View Quote

Nice

Wish they would sell them stock less so we could form 1 versus 6+mos in jail on a form 4
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know if the MBT stock will work on the APC10?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Was able to get some reps in today at the farm.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tactical_dude:
Anyone know if the MBT stock will work on the APC10?

Thanks!
View Quote

APC9 and APC45 stocks are interchangeable.  I would assume the APC10 would be as well.  You might need to swap out buffer assemblies.

The APC 223/300/308 stocks are slightly different, however
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Took me a couple days to decide but I believe I made my mind up on the K model because its a little smaller than a mp5k and the full size apc9 is the same size as a 8in 300bo AR so that doesnt really make sense for me.

I still would like to know how you all decided which one to get though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:40:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#7]
Originally Posted By FloridaMan11b:
Took me a couple days to decide but I believe I made my mind up on the K model because its a little smaller than a mp5k and the full size apc9 is the same size as a 8in 300bo AR so that doesnt really make sense for me.

View Quote

I went non-K since I wanted the added room for a vfg and my support hand.  I knew I wanted a three lug, so not having to deal with the adapter was also a plus for me. It is still fairly portable when collapsed, since, unlike that AR, there is no buffer tube.

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks good. What optic is that?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tactical_T:
Looks good. What optic is that?
View Quote

ACRO P-2 on a B&T 30mm mount.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:31:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#10]
Finally got a Elftmann Tactical AR9 trigger into the aluminum lower.

I had the Pro-Lock version of the Pro Match trigger but the hammer would not move in the aluminum lower. Comparing the 2 lowers the aluminum lower has a smaller cutout for the hammer. So the hammer would hit the bottom of the cutout. You can see where the hammer was hitting the lower.

Looking at B&T marketing material, they use the Elftmann triggers that uses regular trigger pins and the not the Pro-Lock which uses Allen screws. So I purchased the regular AR9 trigger and got it to work. Hammer still had a little bit of binding but it would move unlike the Pro-Lock trigger. I had to work the hammer up and down several times for it move freely.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stimr2:
I had the Pro-Lock version of the Pro Match trigger but the hammer would not move in the aluminum lower. Comparing the 2 lowers the aluminum lower has a smaller cutout for the hammer. So the hammer would hit the bottom of the cutout. You can see where the hammer was hitting the lower.
View Quote

Damn that's annoying. I have both the Al lower and the Elfman ProLock trigger, but haven't tried the installation yet. Can't understand why they didn't take the time to test the lower with their most commonly installed aftermarket trigger.

Is the interference small enough that it could be easily trimmed down with a dremel tool?
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#12]
Only a little bit of material needs to be removed for the hammer to clear. Maybe using a flat blade screwdriver or a chisel can be used to scrap off material since the aluminum is softer than tool steel. I also had difficulty lining up the trigger screw holes to the lower because the hammer was hitting the lower. Another thing I noticed was that the pin model had more play for the holes to line up compared to PRO-LOCK.

Sucks I had to get another trigger but I also have a GHM9 so the PRO-LOCK trigger is in it now. Don't know why B&T didn't make the hammer cutout the same. They even sell a APC9 Limited model which has the aluminum lower with the Elftmann trigger. Both my triggers are the curved models while the Limited has the flat. Maybe they have different hammers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

The full size APC is actually a pretty small gun.  Especially with a folding or collapsible stock/brace.  You're going to be hard pressed to get an AR that short even with a folding stock adapter.  Granted, the slightly larger 300 BLK has way more capability than the APC9.

If you plan on ever mounting an IR device to the gun I would strongly recommend the full size APC.  That extra top rail space is really useful.  Granted, there are a bunch of diving board options now that can work on much shorter guns so that's something to consider as well.  Either way, you can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Only a little bit of material needs to be removed for the hammer to clear. Maybe using a flat blade screwdriver or a chisel can be used to scrap off material since the aluminum is softer than tool steel. I also had difficulty lining up the trigger screw holes to the lower because the hammer was hitting the lower. Another thing I noticed was that the pin model had more play for the holes to line up compared to PRO-LOCK.

Sucks I had to get another trigger but I also have a GHM9 so the PRO-LOCK trigger is in it now. Don't know why B&T didn't make the hammer cutout the same. They even sell a APC9 Limited model which has the aluminum lower with the Elftmann trigger. Both my triggers are the curved models while the Limited has the flat. Maybe they have different hammers.
View Quote

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult, but man I hate having to do manual fitting on what is otherwise such a precisely machined part. I have the flat version, so I'll see if there's a difference, but my guess is no.

Otherwise, the aluminum lower is excellent. Love the clean lines, the integrated magwell, the bit of extra space it gives up front, and how it moves the CG of the gun backwards a bit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 6:28:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#15]
B&T APC40 Select Fire w/ Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:13:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#16]
New trigger.  Swapped straight trigger bow Elftmann match pro-lock with curved version.

Nothing wrong with straight version, but I missed the curve.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone know the bit size needed for the pistol grip screw?  Whatever it is, I don’t have one.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Any new mag options or is it just the clear b&t mags and Glock mags?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:31:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#19]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Any new mag options or is it just the clear b&t mags and Glock mags?
View Quote

KCI.  Steel reinforced feed lips and less expensive than the B&T mags, but only available in 30rd.

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CenterMass0:
Anyone know the bit size needed for the pistol grip screw?  Whatever it is, I don’t have one.  
View Quote

If I remember correctly I think it's a torx T30.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tactical_dude:

If I remember correctly I think it's a torx T30.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 7:31:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#22]
Has anyone figured out how to do something about the safety selector?
Its pretty bad for left handed shooters besides being a little stiff it wears on your knuckle pretty good.

Anyone try this one?
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/bt-modular-safety-selector-kit-apc-ghm-spc/
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone figured out how to do something about the safety selector?
Its pretty bad for left handed shooters besides being a little stiff it wears on your knuckle pretty good.

Anyone try this one?
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/bt-modular-safety-selector-kit-apc-ghm-spc/
View Quote

Check pg 70, I have it and so do many others. Can provide more pics in a week when I'm home if you want.

I also added the Reduced Weight Selector Springs...

It's g2g!

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:27:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#24]
Originally Posted By kp01:

Check pg 70, I have it and so do many others. Can provide more pics in a week when I'm home if you want.

I also added the Reduced Weight Selector Springs...

It's g2g!

View Quote

Thanks! Got them both on the way.

More pics are always nice to see in this thread.
I will try to remember to take some outdoors next time I shoot it.
These things are awesome.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 8:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kp01] [#25]
Sorry it took me so long to post these...

HB Industries Modular Safety Selector Kit & Reduced Weight Selector Springs

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:33:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: themao] [#26]

I went non-K since I wanted the added room for a vfg and my support hand.  I knew I wanted a three lug, so not having to deal with the adapter was also a plus for me. It is still fairly portable when collapsed, since, unlike that AR, there is no buffer tube.

https://i.imgur.com/4or1vAm.jpg
View Quote

+1 I wanted something similar to the SP5 (ahem, MP5) in profile for running suppressed. I also want enough real estate to allow for a VFG or at least for my support hand. Last but not least, I wanted to use it for PCC matches, where I have no reason to run a K type SBR.

The K model made no sense for me, as I don't need to conceal carry a MP5K style SBR since it doesn't have a happy switch.

Regardless, buy both!
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Finally got a Elftmann Tactical AR9 trigger into the aluminum lower.
https://i.imgur.com/bQZNLTl.jpeg
I had the Pro-Lock version of the Pro Match trigger but the hammer would not move in the aluminum lower. Comparing the 2 lowers the aluminum lower has a smaller cutout for the hammer. So the hammer would hit the bottom of the cutout. You can see where the hammer was hitting the lower.https://i.imgur.com/MkNGySi.jpeg

Looking at B&T marketing material, they use the Elftmann triggers that uses regular trigger pins and the not the Pro-Lock which uses Allen screws. So I purchased the regular AR9 trigger and got it to work. Hammer still had a little bit of binding but it would move unlike the Pro-Lock trigger. I had to work the hammer up and down several times for it move freely.
View Quote

So despite being "slimmer", the Al lower won't work with standard AR-15 triggers eh? I really wish B&T would redesign the APC line around AR-15 triggers, as theirs is not drastically different. It would really help with 922R compliance. I am not a fan of the Elftmann triggers I have tried. I prefer the two stage Geissele, and I am fortunately enough to own a Geissele B&T trigger before they stopped making them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#28]
It's been a while since anyone's posted.

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Truegrave:
It's been a while since anyone's posted.

https://i.postimg.cc/P59NSdFs/BBE987-E7-AC9-C-4-DA4-9999-37-A701-AA86-B6.jpg
View Quote

How has the Geissele trigger been for you?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

How has the Geissele trigger been for you?
View Quote
It's been great. I was on the fence because I had to dremel the hammer block on the lower receiver. I'm glad I did; It turned out great.

Even though the stock B&T trigger is very decent, the SD3G takes it to another level.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bigbooper:

Damn that's annoying. I have both the Al lower and the Elfman ProLock trigger, but haven't tried the installation yet. Can't understand why they didn't take the time to test the lower with their most commonly installed aftermarket trigger.

Is the interference small enough that it could be easily trimmed down with a dremel tool?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigbooper:

I had the same issue..came down to too much torque on the screws...so...I just use 5 in/lbs with the lock washers...did the trick...they don't need to be too tight...
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#32]
@truegrave ... what vertical grip setup is that?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
@truegrave ... what vertical grip setup is that?
View Quote
Railscales LDAG
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:34:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#34]
Nice setup true
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:50:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NewCo32] [#35]
Finally broke down (now I'm broke) and adopted a B&T APC9 Pro from my LGS Saturday. She comes home tomorrow.  

I scored some B&T mags from B&T's site yesterday. When I added them to cart I noticed they were discounted to $33 which surprised me.  BUT only a max of 5 got the discount. You can certainly order more but the discount stops at 5 unless you place another/separate order.

So If anyone is interested in discounted B&T mags, go to their site, add to cart and THEN you'll see the discount.

When in doubt, add to cart!!!  

If this is already known or a dupe I apologize.  I haven't read the full thread yet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:24:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#36]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Definitely keep an eye out for KCI mags (mentioned above).  They only offer 30rd right now, but they have steel reinforced feed lips and are even less expensive.  I have seen them as low as $20, although $30 is more typical now given that vendors have no trouble selling them when they come into stock.  And I have had zero issues with them at the range.  Big fan.
View Quote

Will do!  Thank you! I figured $33 was good for the B&T ones. I like the idea of steel feed lips. I'll keep an eye out and scoop some up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Also, this ETS mag loader works with both, and makes life so much easier.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-C-A-M-Loader-p/etscam-rifle.htm

I've tried the one-piece loaders from B&T and the guy on reddit who 3D prints them, and there is no comparison.  Don't waste your cash on those.
View Quote

Absolute money!  Thanks bro!  

Looks like you sent the link for the rifle one.  I suppose that one works on the B&T mags AND my AR15 mags as well?  The description looks as though it does.  I'm just verifying with you before I purchase it.

Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Also, this ETS mag loader works with both, and makes life so much easier.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-C-A-M-Loader-p/etscam-rifle.htm

I've tried the one-piece loaders from B&T and the guy on reddit who 3D prints them, and there is no comparison.  Don't waste your cash on those.
View Quote

Never heard anyone use the C.A.M. on B&T mags so I nabbed one of the 3D printed ones, though it works pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 6:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#41]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:57:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joesrcool] [#42]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice.  I wish we could get some of the new forearm options for the Gen1 APC9SD.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:
Nice.  I wish we could get some of the new forearm options for the Gen1 APC9SD.

https://i.imgur.com/V1lAYSY.jpg
View Quote

...and I wish I could use MP5-SD cans. I kinda dig the Gen 1 handguard. It sure beeas the crappy Gen 2 handguard before the mlok ones were available.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:16:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#45]
Does anyone know when the next batch of APC’s is coming in?

ETA: Disregard. I am seeing them in stock.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#46]
How are people feeling about the new MBT stock?  I have a K with the telescoping stock and I'm thinking about picking up the MBT to run the gun in a few matches.  The skeleton folder looks better, but I heard the tiny buttpad is uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:18:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#47]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#48]
What I didn't like about the MBT is that it friction locks like the ACR...you shake it and it opens up...

I prefer the original PDW stock or the original fixed folders for BTs...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the feedback on the MBT.  I didn't think B&T would miss that badly with it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Thanks for the feedback on the MBT.  I didn't think B&T would miss that badly with it.
View Quote

Yeah I wish they would have integrated an actual lock like the original folding stocks...for example on the APC9...it locks into a notch in the receiver...on the ACP556/308...they put a locking tab in the lower receiver...

The comfort of the MBT is undeniable  though ...

There is no free lunch so ... we have to decide what function matters the most ...
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 71 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top