Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 70 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
B&T Parts USA Shop Sale today.  7% off with code LABORDAY2022.
Free shipping over $100.  
https://bt-parts.com/
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By triode:
B&T Parts USA Shop Sale today.  7% off with code LABORDAY2022.
Free shipping over $100.  
https://bt-parts.com/
View Quote

Perfect timing, was in the process of nabbing a TP9 stock from secondary market, and the discount and current availability make it a bit more palatable.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Decided I wanted to burn even more ammo so I bought a binary for my APC9K.  Anyone have any experience running a binary on these?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Decided I wanted to burn even more ammo so I bought a binary for my APC9K.  Anyone have any experience running a binary on these?
View Quote

The one review I watched of the gun in general the guy had a binary in one and it did not run great. Ymmv
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:39:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: peachy] [#5]
Originally Posted By glocktalk:

The one review I watched of the gun in general the guy had a binary in one and it did not run great. Ymmv
View Quote

I saw a few like that when I was briefly interested in a binary. You can’t work the trigger as fast as possible or the hammer will follow the bolt down. It appeared you had to learn the max possible speed for reliable cycling and slow yourself down to stay below that speed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
In case anyone wants the NSN number for a UID label for their SCW clone...here is the info:

https://www.lqlite.com/LQ_FLIS.aspx?NSN=1005-01-679-7146
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 12:47:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#7]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
In case anyone wants the NSN number for a UID label for their SCW clone...here is the info:

View Quote

Thanks for sharing.  I've been looking out for a rapid order SKU/stock number for a standard configuration including sights, etc.  I still haven't seen one which indicates all the orders are being pieced together by the procuring agencies.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:

Thanks for sharing.  I've been looking out for a rapid order SKU/stock number for a standard configuration including sights, etc.  I still haven't seen one which indicates all the orders are being pieced together by the procuring agencies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

PSDs have a decent latitude on how they kit their guns out...so not sure there is a standard config loadout per say...I don't believe B&T provides the "kits" just the APC9Ks per the solicitation...I think all the add ons are whatever is in the NSN system...
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Will probably change optics but honestly it’s not bad
Might go with a mod button for the light but the pressure switch on the vfg works just fine.

Overall pretty fun little package. The boxes behind the gun are subs in anticipation of my suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127639/2BA869B1-90C2-42B9-8F2E-8AF37E591AB3_jpe-2523828.JPG

Will probably change optics but honestly it’s not bad
Might go with a mod button for the light but the pressure switch on the vfg works just fine.

Overall pretty fun little package. The boxes behind the gun are subs in anticipation of my suppressor.
View Quote

What can did you purchase?
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

What can did you purchase?
View Quote

A rugged obsidian 9

The tri lug on my sbr is from rugged as well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there a compiled list of compatible triggers yet for the APC9? I searched...found nothing...just random this and that...
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]
geisele used to make one but saying discontinued??
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m looking to switch lowers.  I have one that takes Glock mags that is like new with the B&T mag well.  Anyone have a Glock lower for sale or would be willing to trade.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:08:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#15]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]
@steve0 I have a Glock lower up for grabs...I think that is your question! https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/APC9-PRO-GHM9-Glock-Complete-Lower-TAN-with-Glock-33rd-Tan-Mags/180-2288815/
View Quote

Thanks.  Unfortunately I’m looking for a black lower.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By steve0:

Thanks.  Unfortunately I’m looking for a black lower.
View Quote

@steve0 just Rite Dye it black … easy fix … I’ve done it to a lot of tan polymer stuff …

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:37:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#18]
………..
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#19]
Since we are taking lowers…  just picked up the B&T Machined lower for my APC9 pro.  Extremely well done B&T! The machined lower has selector stops and a decent flared magwell.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Since we are taking lowers…  just picked up the B&T Machined lower for my APC9 pro.  Extremely well done B&T! The machined lower has selector stops and a decent flared magwell.
View Quote

Very nice.  I also like the look of the grooves in front of the magwell.  What inspired you to pickup the aluminum lower?  What is the weight difference?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Very nice.  I also like the look of the grooves in front of the magwell.  What inspired you to pickup the aluminum lower?  What is the weight difference?  Thanks.
View Quote

Sorry for the late replay.  No reason in particular, just wanted something different.  The weight difference isn’t really noticeable while on the gun itself. But measured on the scale the factory lower with bT Grip measures 12.4 oz while the machined aluminum lower with Magpul Grip 18.0 oz. I will say the machined lower in combination with the upper gives the gun a more premium feel if that makes any sense at all.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Sorry for the late replay.  No reason in particular, just wanted something different.  The weight difference isn’t really noticeable while on the gun itself. But measured on the scale the factory lower with bT Grip measures 12.4 oz while the machined aluminum lower with Magpul Grip 18.0 oz. I will say the machined lower in combination with the upper gives the gun a more premium feel if that makes any sense at all.
View Quote

Oof.

I'm not sure how you get anymore premium on a B&T firearm.  I would be hesitant to add another six ounces to the gun though.  These PCC's are already kind of heavy for their size.  Granted, they're light weight compared to the MP5 but they're not exactly featherweights.  Still, the lower looks really good.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#23]
does the machined lower come in glock mags?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#24]
does the machined lower come in glock mags?
View Quote

Not that I have seen on bt parts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Added the "Medium" length M-Lok handguard to my SD.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By joesrcool:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179240/20220929_150647_jpg-2544180.JPG
View Quote

Looks great; any M-Lok accessories planned?  I wish they made a version of these available for the Gen1 APC9SD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Looks great; any M-Lok accessories planned?  I wish they made a version of these available for the Gen1 APC9SD.
View Quote

I had a vertical grip in mind, but I may run this one slick. It's quite a bit more comfortable than the original handguard. I installed the little handstop only to check suppressor clearance at the dealer since the can is still in jail. Plenty of room for the M-Lok hardware, and I may leave the little handstop there. Only other thing I need to add is a light. I stepped out of the NV game for the time being, so no need for an IR laser currently. That was my biggest complaint with the originally handguard, is that the plastic pic rails would flex when the can got hot and the IR laser would drift.

Here was the original setup...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By joesrcool:
View Quote

Love it!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:33:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kp01] [#29]
Any good deals on the apc9 pro?

I think I need one. Don't have a PCC, been drooling over everyone's setup for months now. Already got a Wolfman waiting. . . .

*EDIT.

Found an acp9 pro with sb brace for $2150 at armsunlimited.com. Ordered one! :)
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Had an opportunity to shoot a SPC9 today and lets just say I'm glad I didn't buy one.  I wanted one to accompany my APC9K, but I'll have to pass.  The recoil felt the same as the APC (MAYBE 5% lighter).  The front charging handle is so stiff you're pretty much forced to run the rear AR handle, but that wasn't the biggest issue.  I put my R9 on it and I've never been gassed out like that.  After 10 rounds my right eye was on fire, to the point where I thought I was going to go blind.  I have never been gassed out like that by any suppressed gun.  It comes with a BCM charging handle, but looks like a gas busting handle (PRI, Radian, whatever) is an absolute must if you shoot suppressed.  The R9 is a bit gassy so I'll give it one more try with my Obsidian, but I was not impressed at all.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Had an opportunity to shoot a SPC9 today and lets just say I'm glad I didn't buy one.  I wanted one to accompany my APC9K, but I'll have to pass.  The recoil felt the same as the APC (MAYBE 5% lighter).  The front charging handle is so stiff you're pretty much forced to run the rear AR handle, but that wasn't the biggest issue.  I put my R9 on it and I've never been gassed out like that.  After 10 rounds my right eye was on fire, to the point where I thought I was going to go blind.  I have never been gassed out like that by any suppressed gun.  It comes with a BCM charging handle, but looks like a gas busting handle (PRI, Radian, whatever) is an absolute must if you shoot suppressed.  The R9 is a bit gassy so I'll give it one more try with my Obsidian, but I was not impressed at all.
View Quote

Yep.  That's why I don't like subguns with AR-style charging handles.  I'd much rather they shit out the side.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Had to grind down the tops of the charging handles in order for the CTF2 to fit, but I think it's a good fit for this gun.

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TheRat:
Had to grind down the tops of the charging handles in order for the CTF2 to fit, but I think it's a good fit for this gun.

https://i.imgur.com/DP9OL39.jpg
View Quote

More pictures please.

How's the button activation with the relatively tall top rail height on the APC?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone use the Kriss/Glock 40 round magazines in their Glock lowers?  Wondering if they would fit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Question for all who's running the Telescopic Stock. Since no LGS near me has one to see/handle, is there any looseness or wobble when it's retracted in either of the 3 positions or even when it's not retracted?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By emwen:
Question for all who's running the Telescopic Stock. Since no LGS near me has one to see/handle, is there any looseness or wobble when it's retracted in either of the 3 positions or even when it's not retracted?
View Quote

Yeah there is some looseness but nooo where near what a MP5 Type F does…
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

To me the SPC9 does nothing special for me and this just confirms it. Lol.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Yep.  Had another chance to shoot my friend's SPC9 and I don't see any reason to get it over the APC9.  Don't listen to the hype, the recoil is exactly the same, except the SPC is gassy as hell while the APC isn't.  You can probably fix most of the gas issue with a different charging handle, but I don't see why anyone would go with the SPC over the APC.  It's not a bad gun, but it serves no purpose.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Yep.  Had another chance to shoot my friend's SPC9 and I don't see any reason to get it over the APC9.  Don't listen to the hype, the recoil is exactly the same, except the SPC is gassy as hell while the APC isn't.  You can probably fix most of the gas issue with a different charging handle, but I don't see why anyone would go with the SPC over the APC.  It's not a bad gun, but it serves no purpose.
View Quote

I understand the SPC"s existence.

Having said that.  I don't understand why anyone would want one.  Its an overall larger package than the APC and at the end of the day, it doesn't do anything better.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

It's sole purpose is to please the AR crowd...that is all...
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Right, wasn’t it designed as a AR platform trainer for a European agency?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

That's what I understand, and if that works for them, great, but I have zero interest in a suppressed sub gun with a rear-facing charging handle. I've been absolutely punished by Sig MPX and MCX guns. Not a fan.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

That's what I understand, and if that works for them, great, but I have zero interest in a suppressed sub gun with a rear-facing charging handle. I've been absolutely punished by Sig MPX and MCX guns. Not a fan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

MPX and MCX dumps gas worse than a DI gun…

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I was interested in the SPC engineering and build quality.  I wonder if it was designed and tested with their RBS suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#45]

MPX and MCX dumps gas worse than a DI gun…

View Quote

I have reduced size gas ports/plugs on my MPX. Zero issues with blowback.  I think we can all agree though that a giant hole in the back of the upper receiver is never a good thing when you throw a can on there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:44:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kp01] [#46]
Thread needs more images...

Not it's final form. Optic is temp, an old aimpoint H1 on a larue mount.

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#50]
B&T offering limited-release SBR config APC9s, in standard and K lengths, with the new MBT Folding/telescoping stock, MLOK handguard, and an all-new aluminum lower, with ambi controls, flared mag well, and and flat-faced Elftmann Tactical trigger system:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/11/18/bt-usa-apc9-aluminum-lowers/

https://bt-usa.com/product-category/apc9-limited/
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 70 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top