Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 38 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:51:24 AM EDT
[#1]
So a few months ago I did something I never do and made an impulse buy off a YouTube video. After watching MAC’s video on the TP9 and suppressor I went and picked up both the next day without doing the endless amounts of research I usually do before a big purchase. This was before I knew the apc9sd existed and I’m having some buyers remorse as I’ve always wanted an integrally suppressed sub-gun. I wish I could own both but it’s just not in the cards right now. So I’m thinking about selling the TP9 and withdrawing the Form 4 on the can to fund the apc9sd but have a couple questions before I commit.

After a quick google search it looks like THSF is the only place with them in stock to a mere civilian like myself. Arms-unlimited has them for sale but only to LE/MIL. Am I missing something or are they just not that widely available yet?

About the can, is the apc9sd another gun that has a proprietary can like the tp9 or are there other cans that work with it? I came across these TPM suppressors in another thread but weren’t sure if they’re compatible with the apc9sd. Anyone ran one next to the B&t sd can?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 3:16:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#2]
The B&T SD suppressor is compatible with both the APC9SD and MP5SD. The thread pitch is M18x1
There’s is talk that the next generation of APC9SD’s will possibly have proprietary suppressors. B&T supposedly altered the design of the original APC9SD to make it compatible with MP5SD suppressors but the proprietary design is reported to be quieter. The TPM SD suppressor is compatible as well. Coincidentally, I am waiting on Stamps for each.
The TP9 suppressed and SBR’d is an awesome platform, I’d be torn between them too
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Honestly, I’d keep the TP9 and TP9 Silencer and save up for the APC9SD.

My suppressed TP9 is currently my favorite 9mm gun. And I own an MP5SD from TPM and an APC9.

I’d love an APC9SD, but I’m going to save up for a Glock Mag version.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
So a few months ago I did something I never do and made an impulse buy off a YouTube video. After watching MAC’s video on the TP9 and suppressor I went and picked up both the next day without doing the endless amounts of research I usually do before a big purchase. This was before I knew the apc9sd existed and I’m having some buyers remorse as I’ve always wanted an integrally suppressed sub-gun. I wish I could own both but it’s just not in the cards right now. So I’m thinking about selling the TP9 and withdrawing the Form 4 on the can to fund the apc9sd but have a couple questions before I commit.

After a quick google search it looks like THSF is the only place with them in stock to a mere civilian like myself. Arms-unlimited has them for sale but only to LE/MIL. Am I missing something or are they just not that widely available yet?

About the can, is the apc9sd another gun that has a proprietary can like the tp9 or are there other cans that work with it? I came across these TPM suppressors in another thread but weren’t sure if they’re compatible with the apc9sd. Anyone ran one next to the B&t sd can?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Shooting Surplus might have the APC9sd in stock, or they did at one point. They seem to get a lot of the more boutique stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: westford86] [#5]
I just got my APC9 back from engraving at Tar Heel State Firearms, I highly recommend them for anyone need their B&T engraved.

Before I put it on a Form 1 it was one of my all time favorite firearms, and in SBR configuration it's only better!  I need to get a good 45 degree offset mount for the light to open up grip space on the forend.  And incase anyone is wondering, the 22mm Spuhr mount is a great height for the APC platform.

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: razARback] [#6]
Originally Posted By westford86:
...I need to get a good 45 degree offset mount for the light to open up grip space on the forend.
View Quote
Let me know what you figure out on this. I was thinking the same thing.

ETA: Maybe an IWC Thorntail 1913 Offset Light Mount? It looks compact and can be configured a number of different ways.

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my APC9 back from engraving at Tar Heel State Firearms, I highly recommend them for anyone need their B&T engraved.

Before I put it on a Form 1 it was one of my all time favorite firearms, and in SBR configuration it's only better!  I need to get a good 45 degree offset mount for the light to open up grip space on the forend.  And incase anyone is wondering, the 22mm Spuhr mount is a great height for the APC platform.

http://www.westford86.com/BT_APC9/BH8_3902.jpg
http://www.westford86.com/BT_APC9/BH8_3910.jpg
http://www.westford86.com/BT_APC9/BH8_3915.jpg
http://www.westford86.com/BT_APC9/BH8_3917.jpg
View Quote
Congrats man... great setup.... amazing pics!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:13:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: westford86] [#8]
Originally Posted By JohnLWare:

ETA: Maybe an IWC Thorntail 1913 Offset Light Mount? It looks compact and can be configured a number of different ways.

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/static/cache/55/5a/555a122da2b4c3ad39f7037e991b30fd.jpg
View Quote
What sucks is that I got rid of a thorntail I had a while back, and now I have a need for it... When I had one the screws for mounting to the rail on the firearm did mark the hell out of it; since the rails on the APC are plastic it probably wouldn't be an issue.  I do like the minimal real estate it takes up, and that I can get the light really far forward for less suppressor shadow.

What I would love to find is a mount that is the same in concept as this Amazon airsoft special, but well made - https://www.amazon.com/WOLTIS-Picatinny-Profile-Adapter-Attachment/dp/B01EADV6BE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1546740407&sr=8-5&keywords=offset+rail   I just like the idea of having the space freed up for my fingers again.
There are several companies selling basically the same thing, and because the APC rails are plastic, I don't feel bad about the idea of securing an offset mount with a set screw that will without doubt dig in a little.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think KAC has a similar mounting system for their offset BUIS.

I think the GG&G offset rail might not be a bad option as well - https://www.opticsplanet.com/gg-g-45-degree-offset-red-dot-rail-mount.html It is relatively low profile.

At the end of the day, the Thortail is probably the best option and worth the little extra, after all we're spending B&T money, so what's another $50 rail section...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#9]
i am right handed i had the thorntail and an inforce light on the left side. i have a vertical foregrip that i use as a handstop (thumb up instead of wrapped around grip) and the thorntail made it easier to work the light. when i had the inforce mounted directly on the rail, the angle my thumb had to be in was uncomfortable. the thorntail also allows me to mount the light forward a bit so it does affect my grip on the gun. i have removed the thorntail and light but only because i do not use the gun for defense.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By humahuma:
i am right handed i had the thorntail and an inforce light on the left side. i have a vertical foregrip that i use as a handstop (thumb up instead of wrapped around grip) and the thorntail made it easier to work the light. when i had the inforce mounted directly on the rail, the angle my thumb had to be in was uncomfortable. the thorntail also allows me to mount the light forward a bit so it does affect my grip on the gun. i have removed the thorntail and light but only because i do not use the gun for defense.
View Quote
Any pics of the set up? I am not usually into having a VFG, but I am tempted to try a stubby one on the APC.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:58:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#11]

Any pics of the set up? I am not usually into having a VFG, but I am tempted to try a stubby one on the APC.
View Quote
none with the thorntail and light but here it is with a magpul VFG.

ive changed a few things after i posted my last picture. it took me a long time to finally order the handle because of the price. im glad i did though. easier to charge, out of the way and looks better. mine does not close when releasing the bolt but does after first shot.

i swapped out a aimpoint micro for the leupold delta point pro. not as sexy but i feel like i have a better view and can aim faster. low light settings are not as good. prob not as durable but more robust than i thought it would be.

the mag bumper pads are not cheap at $12 per and IMO do not look very good. they are thick and seem like they will do a great job of protecting the floor plate. i bought some as insurance.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By goloud:

My suppressed TP9 is currently my favorite 9mm gun. And I own an MP5SD from TPM and an APC9.
View Quote
man, that gun keeps calling my name. if there was an option with a normal 3-lug id have it by now. i hear the after market trigger is not bad.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Honestly, I’d keep the TP9 and TP9 Silencer and save up for the APC9SD.

I’d love an APC9SD, but I’m going to save up for a Glock Mag version.
View Quote
Why do you prefer the suppressed tp9 over the sd?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Why do you prefer the suppressed tp9 over the sd?
View Quote
It’s awesome and a classic, but it probably weighs twice as much as the TP9 setup. An the TP9 is very compact.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#15]

It’s awesome and a classic, but it probably weighs twice as much as the TP9 setup. An the TP9 is very compact.
View Quote
Touché. The weight and size are what’s making me want to keep it. Nothing beats it in those areas. Possibly a mp7 but those are unobtainium. I was blown away at how light the tp9 can was when I first held it. Now as I type this you’re making me want tp pull my ad. Anyone need a kidney?

Would it be blasphemous to put anything other than the B&t SD can on an apc9sd? I feel like I want to keep it all in the same family but the TPM is $400+ cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Touché. The weight and size are what’s making me want to keep it. Nothing beats it in those areas. Possibly a mp7 but those are unobtainium. I was blown away at how light the tp9 can was when I first held it. Now as I type this you’re making me want tp pull my ad. Anyone need a kidney?
View Quote
how much do you want for it and does it make stones?

if anyone knows of an online retailer selling 20 or 25 rnd mags for less than $70, please let me know!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: westford86] [#17]

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/static/cache/55/5a/555a122da2b4c3ad39f7037e991b30fd.jpg
View Quote
I wound up getting the IWC mount.  As expected, it is very well made and installs without issue, it opened up enough space on the rail for a comfortable grip.  I do wish it got the light a little higher up.  Shooting at night at around 10-20 meters you have plenty of light in the target area and you don't even notice the shadow of the can, but with how long my Mystic X suppressor is I feel like it would be good to get the light a little further up.  If I had a can with a larger outside diameter I think it might cause an issue.  I could always mount it on the top rail to achieve this, but then it would be hard to manipulate the switch with my index finger, and I am too cheap to invest in a remote toggle.

Next time I'm out plinking at night I'll have to record some video. With 150gn S&B subs it's paintball gun quiet.

(Crappy cell phone pics)

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:35:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#18]
Question for the SD crowd. I’m looking to get the process going on a sd can once/if the shutdown ends but I’m torn between the tpm and B&t. I like that the tpm breakers down for easy cleaning. The B&t doesn’t so how is everyone cleaning theirs? From what I understand you can’t put an aluminum suppressor in an ultrasonic cleaner either but not 100% on that. I’d rather get the B&t to keep it all in the same family but the price and it not being user serviceable is what’s holding me back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the same question as well. I'm also looking at the SD and the TPM shorty 8in SD suppressor, but wanted to know if there was any real advantage in getting the B&T suppressor or Silencerco Omega 9 SD. Both don't appear to serviceable and the SD seems to require a bit more cleaning. As a result, I was also curious how the B&T version is supposed to be cleaned or maintained.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Whatever came of the Glock mag lowers? I haven't heard anything from SHOT either.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GranBlanco:
Whatever came of the Glock mag lowers? I haven't heard anything from SHOT either.
View Quote
They are at Shot Show. I did not ask on availability.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
This, i'm just waiting on these to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
See this video at the 39:00 mark.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#24]
glad to see the standard mag with AR grip lower at 38:10. hope the price is not too much.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#25]
One more question for folks with SD version...I'm getting close to purchasing one. I'm still going back and forth between the SD 9mm or APC45. There appears to be an option to use a fake SD suppressor while your real one is being approved. Has anyone tried a fake suppressor on their SD so they can at least use it?

For reference, RTG parts has one for $89.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:08:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#26]
Originally Posted By Hokie2000:
One more question for folks with SD version...I'm getting close to purchasing one. I'm still going back and forth between the SD 9mm or APC45. There appears to be an option to use a fake SD suppressor while your real one is being approved. Has anyone tried a fake suppressor on their SD so they can at least use it?

Thanks!
View Quote
This is my current situation, it’s certainly an exercise in patience I’m waiting on B&T SD and TPM SD suppressors. I am aware of the faux suppressor from RTG, I’m just going to wait it out for the real things to come in.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 2:51:33 AM EDT
[#27]
any word on when the APC9 PRO will be coming out? or a price on it?

about to grab an APC9 from tombstone but if i can get a non recip CH by waiting a little bit then ill hold off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I wish I stocked up on the G18 33 round OEM mags before they got so $$$. They are inching  close to B&T prices at $45/shipped.

Anyone have B&T magazines less than $45/shipped?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#29]
https://www.manventureoutpost.com/BT-Magazine-9MM-30Rd-Fits-TP9APC9GHM9-Clear-Finish-BT-30183_p_8466.html

Manventure Outpost has them on sale for $36.47
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:54:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:
any word on when the APC9 PRO will be coming out? or a price on it?

about to grab an APC9 from tombstone but if i can get a non recip CH by waiting a little bit then ill hold off.
View Quote
http://www.gandrtactical.com/BampT-APC45-PRO-Pistol_p_1239.html?fbclid=IwAR0UxhXgM25iSvcA6lPMF32OupmCiwzNJw69iikpohrcOY69NSE4O3DuaPQ
http://www.gandrtactical.com/BampT-APC9K-PRO-Pistol_p_1238.html?fbclid=IwAR1jaghloj0t2YYE55gSL0-S1MfJkY5hS0Uo99qRD-UrQpY_19WST-tipQk

These are the two links I know of.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I see a bunch of stuff I was unaware of. Am I just out of the loop?!?

APC”K” pistol, skeleton folder for APC series, Sig 320 magazine compatible Pro lowers (alternative to B&T and Glock mag Pro lowers).
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:39:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VelveteenMole] [#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Wasn't there something about g and r taking people's money and not shipping orders and not refunding? Or am I thinking of someone else, or they did something else. Dont remember
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:44:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#34]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpU4VmgKVlI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:04:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#35]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
THAT would need some serious patience!

This is my current situation, it’s certainly an exercise in patience I’m waiting on B&T SD and TPM SD suppressors. I am aware of the faux suppressor from RTG, I’m just going to wait it out for the real things to come in.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/1B6AFE8B-9000-4389-AA2E-594E36E05D65_jpeg-823443.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bestiller:
Originally Posted By Hokie2000:

Thanks!
THAT would need some serious patience!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/1B6AFE8B-9000-4389-AA2E-594E36E05D65_jpeg-823443.JPG
B&T sold a faux Rotex for the TP9 for a while. Wolverine Supplies sold them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#36]
My form 1 finally came back approved for the APC9.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not waiting on the PRO, after shooting it some I'm not a fan of the reciprocating charging handle at all, but I'll live with it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
My form 1 finally came back approved for the APC9.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not waiting on the PRO, after shooting it some I'm not a fan of the reciprocating charging handle at all, but I'll live with it.
View Quote
There will always be something new...  At the end of the day very little of the iterative changes companies constantly roll out to keep us buying shit make any difference for the end user.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#38]

There will always be something new...  At the end of the day very little of the iterative changes companies constantly roll out to keep us buying shit make any difference for the end user.
View Quote
I agree with all of that, I don't care about Glock magazines, or the AR grip.  I am however, finding that with the short forend on the APC9, the reciprocating charging handle is a bigger PITA than I though it would be.  But since I'm not operating operationally, oh well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like you need one of their QD short vert grips ;)
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#40]
What stocks do you guys tend to like for your APC9? I'm probably going to pick up one of the APC9 Pros when they release and SBR it, I was thinking of the folding adjustable stock.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I like the telescoping stock on mine. I have the folding stock on my SP5K and its nice as well. Just depends on what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#42]
The telescoping stock is easily the most compact, which is the purpose of a folding/telescoping stock to begin with. Super slender and doesn’t add much front to back. The folders just move all of the mass of the stock to the side, although they have much better cheekweld. I went telescoping.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: razARback] [#43]
Holy cow - the APC9 telescoping stock is $625?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Holy cow - the APC9 telescoping stock is $625?
View Quote
When these first hit the market in late 2015 these were unobtanium and selling for around $800 so count your blessings that you can now get them for $625. The quality of these stocks are  unmatched and you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Would it be blasphemous to put anything other than the B&t SD can on an apc9sd? I feel like I want to keep it all in the same family but the TPM is $400+ cheaper.
View Quote
I'm a little late in seeing this post, but I use an AAC can on my APC9.  I can be pretty particular about making things "matchey-match", but I've never even thought about this.

Maybe I'm part of the unwashed, but I don't really understand the utility in the SD functionality.  147s in a separate mag are magical in the APC9.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I got both the collapsible, and basic side folding stocks.  As stated above, different uses for each.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#47]
@DCV_117

Whatever happened with your F5 drum?  Did you get one that worked, or did they take the second broken one back?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
@DCV_117

Whatever happened with your F5 drum?  Did you get one that worked, or did they take the second broken one back?
View Quote
I never sent it back the second time, I asked for shipping information and never received any. I think it is an easy fix personally, I just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Attachment Attached File

The back cap is what holds the piece on, and it's just glued in there. Personally I don't think anodized aluminum is a very good bonding surface, I may try to roughen it up with some sand paper or drill some holes in it so the glue can get a better hold on there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

When these first hit the market in late 2015 these were unobtanium and selling for around $800 so count your blessings that you can now get them for $625. The quality of these stocks are  unmatched and you get what you pay for.
View Quote
Wow, I will count my blessings and my money and stick with the folder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I just took it apart to have a look at what I’m dealing with and one of the inside followers came apart too. It appears these ones are not even glued on. I don’t think the lack of glue on these is an issue because there is not enough room for them to come off unless the magazine is taken apart. The problem is top one.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 38 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top