BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 35 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By goloud:
I metered the APC9 with the Omega 9K at the ear and MIL STD. Need a few days to get it written up.
View Quote
That’s my setup. Waiting for the write up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^ Mine too, with a legacy 3 lug.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Live now. Let me know your thoughts.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/07/mp5sd-versus-apc9/
View Quote
Intrusting numbers, thanks for the testing. I would have thought the mp5SD would be lower, and I wonder if the APC9 with a longer can like that surefire might also lower the numbers?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting. I'm in the market for suppressors for my B&T's. For no other reason than continuity and known quality I am/was leaning B&T 3 lug (P26, KH9, APC9) and B&T Impulse (for the USW). Price and serviceability make me hesitant to jump in feet first with these. The TP9 suppressor is a must have due to the proprietary 3 lug, and I already have the traditional 3 lug adapter for it.
I have to admit the Omega 9k is definitely on my radar, I'm surprised at how it performed against the MP5SD. The Ryder 9Ti's performance got my attention as well. Nice write up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
Thanks for posting. I'm in the market for suppressors for my B&T's. For no other reason than continuity and known quality I am/was leaning B&T 3 lug (P26, KH9, APC9) and B&T Impulse (for the USW). Price and serviceability make me hesitant to jump in feet first with these. The TP9 suppressor is a must have due to the proprietary 3 lug, and I already have the traditional 3 lug adapter for it.
I have to admit the Omega 9k is definitely on my radar, I'm surprised at how it performed against the MP5SD. The Ryder 9Ti's performance got my attention as well. Nice write up.
View Quote
A word of caution: anyone who takes my data as gospel is a fool. I’m just a guy with observations.

Not that I think you are, I just want to be clear with everyone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol....Point taken
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]
So the APC was quieter and less expensive.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:23:17 AM EDT
[#9]
FWIW... I’ve decided to sell my APC9 on the EE. Turns out I’m not going to have enough time to compete with it this or next year and it came down to sell it or stamp it. Chose to sell and replace later.

I firmly believe the APC9 is the finest PCC on the market, hands down. I’m a little bummed to let it go, but I’ll be back!
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By new21022:
FWIW... I’ve decided to sell my APC9 on the EE. Turns out I’m not going to have enough time to compete with it this or next year and it came down to sell it or stamp it. Chose to sell and replace later.

I firmly believe the APC9 is the finest PCC on the market, hands down. I’m a little bummed to let it go, but I’ll be back!
View Quote
cool, but this thread isn't for advertisement
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
So both stamps got approved this week.

Obsidian 9 went pending 12/28/17
SBR went pending 03/23/18

Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Very Nice setup! I love the APC9, I have TP9 suppressor and Octane 9 in NFA jail right now that I can't get soon enough.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#13]
awesome setup!

My Surefire Mp5 can for my B&T 3 lugs went pending March, so that's motivating
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BS68280:
So both stamps got approved this week.

Obsidian 9 went pending 12/28/17
SBR went pending 03/23/18

https://i.imgur.com/OFb8avi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sk0bvUX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bsGgPAH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r582Kyy.jpg
View Quote
Looks great, I have an Obsidian 45 in jail right now.

What is the LOA with the stock fully collapsed and the suppressor in the K configuration?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#15]
just got the form 1 back. a little less than 5 mos.

edit: i looked at this picture and noticed the magazine is damaged. one of the little clips on the floor plate broke. i do remember dropping it loaded on the carpet a few days ago...

Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#16]
How does it run and sound with the obsidian 9 in either config? Mine is still in jail and Ive probably got 7 months left...
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By branflake12:
How does it run and sound with the obsidian 9 in either config? Mine is still in jail and Ive probably got 7 months left...
View Quote
Hoping to shoot it this weekend will let you know then.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome, thank you! Hope its everything you want it to be!
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 2:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamadog35] [#19]
View Quote
I just shot my APC9 this morning with an Obsidian 9 I just got out of jail.  I shot it in short config back to back with an Octane 45.  Of course the much longer Octane was quieter, but the short Obsidian wasn't unpleasant at all.  Certainly hearing safe.  The short Obsidian also did well on my MP5.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Chill bro. Not advertising. Just saying that I wish I had more time to compete with the APC9, it's just not happening. I can't keep it right now, but I'll be back I think.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I apologize if this has been covered before but ..... Those of you that have the collapsible stock, it appears to partially cover the ejection port when retracted. Is this the case, or can the APC cycle reliably with the stock retracted? Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Chill bro. Not advertising. Just saying that I wish I had more time to compete with the APC9, it's just not happening. I can't keep it right now, but I'll be back I think.
View Quote
Calm down crazy, your post was just a shill for the fact you have an ad in the EE. It's just annoying AF
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#23]
TP9 Silencer on both the TP9-N and APC9. You guys are getting the first data.

147gr  Ranger JHP

82 78% Humidity

B&T TP9 N

MILSTD Muzzle

130+

130+
127.5 bolt hold open

Rt Ear

130+

Lt Ear

APC9

MILSTD Muzzle

130+
130+

Rt Ear

130+

Lt Ear

Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:43:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#24]
Added a G trigger and some HB Industries parts.
-safety selector delete
-reduced weight selector springs
-charging handle
-SF M300 light mount
-slim forend grip panel

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
I just shot my APC9 this morning with an Obsidian 9 I just got out of jail.  I shot it in short config back to back with an Octane 45.  Of course the much longer Octane was quieter, but the short Obsidian wasn't unpleasant at all.  Certainly hearing safe.  The short Obsidian also did well on my MP5.
View Quote
Awesome, thats great to hear. 3 lug mount up work as expected? I've never had 3 lug gun before this one.

If you ever shoot it long, feel free to update!
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
Added a G trigger and some HB Industries parts.
-safety selector delete
-reduced weight selector springs
-charging handle
-SF M300 light mount
-slim forend grip panel

https://i.imgur.com/6G5g6wY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hNAY7lP.jpg
View Quote
Very nice. How are the panels and charging handle? noticeably better than stock?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Very nice. How are the panels and charging handle? noticeably better than stock?
View Quote
The panels, selector delete and the light selector springs are definitely better than stock.
The M300 panel pulls the light in real close. The only negative is you need to use a mag well grip to activate the light. Losing the pic rails gets rid of the chunky forearm.
The CH is knurled unlike the stock CH but I wouldn’t say it’s noticeably better.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#28]
So the APC was quieter and less expensive.
View Quote
I'd like to see the two compared with the same aamo.  124 gn VS 147 gn isnt exactly a fair comparison, at least not to me.  I am not saying this test sucks either.  I found the results to be very interesting but I am wondering why the different ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:

I'd like to see the two compared with the same aamo.  124 gn VS 147 gn isnt exactly a fair comparison, at least not to me.  I am not saying this test sucks either.  I found the results to be very interesting but I am wondering why the different ammo.
View Quote
It’s a good point. I will be re-running the tests.

With the barrel porting, there’s no real reason to run subsonic ammo, especially with the SD locking piece.

I’ll post updated results.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#30]
TP9 Silencer on both the TP9-N and APC9. You guys are getting the first data.
View Quote
How similar and different did the sound?

Was @ear testing approximate to where you'd have the TP9 if it had a stock or was it pushed out further?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Can any one with g trigger confirm this?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Geissele-BandT-APC9-Trigger-No-Bueno/48-491094/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Steviesegal:
Can any one with g trigger confirm this?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Geissele-BandT-APC9-Trigger-No-Bueno/48-491094/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
View Quote
The guy that posted that isn’t wrong but he hasn’t shot his APC with it yet. I have the G trigger with the 2.75 lb spring installed. I shot it today and I like it better than the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought a folding charging handle from THSF, it showed up today. Great product from B&T (and great service from THSF as always), great feel and you hardly notice it when it's collapsed. Easy to grab and open when it's collapsed and B&T claims it closes when the bolt is dropped, mine goes about 3/4 of the way but I'm sure when it's fired it closes all the way. It'll also get a bit looser when it's been used a few hundred times. I didn't like the stock charging handle so as soon as I saw this I jumped on it. To me the stock one sticks out too far and is uncomfortable to use.

Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Does it rub the receiver folded? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Does it rub the receiver folded? Thanks!
View Quote
Nope! It uses the detent that is on the recoil spring to prevent it from spinning or sliding out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Pretty slick

Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#37]
That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Neat. Didnt know this was a thing.

But but...how will you brace with your thumb for an elite tier 0 operator super quiet suppressed shot? You gonna die.

...likley going to order one today.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Also, do we  have a line for spare parts yet? I'd like a backup firing pin, extractor, maybe a bolt and its bits, feedramps, etc.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Not super uptodate on B&T stuff. What is the word on the glock magazine lowers for the APC 9? Is this still happening as a standalone product or factory configuration? That might put me over the edge to get one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#41]
B&T just posted info/video of the APC9 Pro on their Instagram!! It has the non reciprocating charging handle. A redesigned lower that takes AR pistol grips and I believe I heard it can take Glock mags along with the standard APC mags.

Looks sweet!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:06:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#42]
Originally Posted By Chisel:
B&T just posted info/video of the APC9 Pro on their Instagram!! It has the non reciprocating charging handle. A redesigned lower that takes AR pistol grips and I believe I heard it can take Glock mags along with the standard APC mags.

Looks sweet!
View Quote
Talked to B&T last week and if I understood him correctly, there will be two different lowers available, a B&T compatible mag lower and a Glock compatible lower.  The Glock lower will only work on the new APC9 Pro and Gen 2 GHM9s as both the receiver and bolt require a couple of mods to make the Glock mags work.  In both cases, the new APC9 Pro & GHM9 with those mods still work with the B&T mag lower.  He was not sure if the Glock lowers were going to be interchangeable between the two pistols.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Went shooting with my dealer the other day, very quiet in long and still pretty quiet in short when using 147 grain subsonics. I’d say it’s hearing safe even in short when using subsonic ammo. I honestly prefer it in the long configuration since it has maximum suppression and I don’t really notice the weight difference. 3.5 months down, hopefully only a few more to go!
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Who sells the collapsible stock for the lowest price? I may dump more money into my money pit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#45]
damn, that's badass. How does the stock feel when shooting?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#46]
damn, that's badass. How does the stock feel when shooting?
View Quote
In reference to the telescoping stock, not bad for me. It doesn’t feel like a pillow like an AR’s SOPMOD stock but if you got a little bit of meat on your cheeks it’s great. The length of pull is also shorter than the other stocks or brace. Measured today, with suppressor off and stock collapsed, it’s 16”. Doesn’t get much better for a compact carbine I don’t think.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Who sells the collapsible stock for the lowest price? I may dump more money into my money pit.
View Quote
When I was looking for one I found that there really isn’t a place that will beat the price enough over another competitor. I got mine from Tar Heel State Firearms which is where I get most of my B&T stuff. Grade A+ company.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Do we know if the PRO will come with an increase in price?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By m6z:
View Quote
I’d be willing to bet if the standard model remains in production, the PRO models will most definitely have higher MSRPs. If I hadn’t jumped on the B&T PCC train from the beginning, I’d most definitely be on the PRO, but I’m 6 B&T 9mm’s in and redundancy in my safe is an understatement. Not enough change there to lure $2k+ out of me. The GHM45 is another story.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I’d be willing to bet if the standard model remains in production, the PRO models will most definitely have higher MSRPs. If I hadn’t jumped on the B&T PCC train from the beginning, I’d most definitely be on the PRO, but I’m 6 B&T 9mm’s in and redundancy in my safe is an understatement. Not enough change there to lure $2k+ out of me. The GHM45 is another story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m6z:
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 35 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top