BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 29 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the only other photo of the new production KH9 that I have:
Attachment Attached File

As far as I know there's no restrictions on barrel length or OAL in Switzerland.
The employee I talked to (who was very cool) said that the other B&T store had a carbine version of the APC9 on the rack. He assumed it was being produced for export.
I asked about the P26, but he said they wont be making any more (I guess because of Beretta now using the design)
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 1:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Carbine
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:48:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Top_Secret] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I'm guessing they are trying to replace full-size MP5s for LE agencies?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

I'm guessing they are trying to replace full-size MP5s for LE agencies?
View Quote
Makes complete sense.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the look of that. Nice proportions. The longer barrel means I can move my left hand further forward while shooting. But, by the time I get a can on there, even a K can, it'll be pretty darn long.

Are they bringing these to the states?

I think my ideal config would have an SD forearm, but a standard, 6" barrel with a three lug for a BYOC.  They probably won't do this, as you'd be unable to shoot it without a can.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 2:55:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dushan] [#6]
That is the "patrol" version

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-apc9apc45/bt-semiautomatic-carbine-apc9-p-cal-9-x-19-mm

I've previously asked BT if they were planning on bring them over; they said they had no hard plans.

That may have changed though, maybe somebody can ask them at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Interesting!!! Looks like the receiver has relief cuts to allow the use of the SUOMI drum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get an adapter from TechSmithmfg.com to use a Kriss Vector stock.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Different options already avalible for the GHM9- TP9- KH9-and the P26...
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TechSmithMFG:
Different options already avalible for the GHM9- TP9- KH9-and the P26... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_N01YlZit8
View Quote
Only team members can embed, which I'll go ahead and do for you.

Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you- how do I become a team member?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TechSmithMFG:
Thank you- how do I become a team member?
View Quote
Buy a membership in the site store
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#13]
What positions did you all get your APC guns engraved?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By roughrider94:
What positions did you all get your APC guns engraved?
View Quote
On the upper, up forward on the bottom where it says b n t Tampa FL. I put it just behind those words on the same surface.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Any ideas what lies ahead for us B&T fanboys at SHOT this year? APC300/308/9SD are the obvious ones, but I'm also hoping for a 10.5-12.5" or 16" apc223 announcement as well as well as a 'partnership' effort between the tailhook braces manuf and B&T for the US commercial market.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully a TP380 and a GHM9 Compact are being unveiled along with the APC9-SD
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Any ideas what lies ahead for us B&T fanboys at SHOT this year? APC300/308/9SD are the obvious ones, but I'm also hoping for a 10.5-12.5" or 16" apc223 announcement as well as well as a 'partnership' effort between the tailhook braces manuf and B&T for the US commercial market.
View Quote
B&T has a pretty close relationship with Sphinx, Aimpoint, Inforce and HK.  I would love to see another collaboration of sorts that is basically a USW shrunken down to a concealable package.  Maybe more sphinx'ish or more HK VP9ish.  Integrated Aimpoint optic and Inforce light would be pretty cool.  A proper Swiss Roland Special....
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By fourxfour:

B&T has a pretty close relationship with Sphinx, Aimpoint, Inforce and HK.  I would love to see another collaboration of sorts that is basically a USW shrunken down to a concealable package.  Maybe more sphinx'ish or more HK VP9ish.  Integrated Aimpoint optic and Inforce light would be pretty cool.  A proper Swiss Roland Special....
View Quote
They are making the USW compact based on the Sphinx SDP Subcompact frame:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/10/new-bt-uswa1-compact/
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

They are making the USW compact based on the Sphinx SDP Subcompact frame:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/10/new-bt-uswa1-compact/
View Quote
That is pretty cool!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Tar Heel State Firearms has 30rd APC9 mags for $45.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone have the B+T labeled Inforce lights for sale in the US?
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:30:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#22]
I haven't seen them anywhere. I got mine the hard way, connected to a USW. I was skeptical of it at first, being a SureFire fan, but I actually really like it now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#23]
My APC9,
http://i66.tinypic.com/2elclcp.jpg
Still waiting on my extra mags from Dakota Tactical
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice set up. Per an email I got from Joe at Dakota Tactical yesterday, they will have the magazines Monday 1/22. I'm waiting for a hand full as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:07:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: arndog123] [#25]
Cool.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:Does anyone have the B+T labeled Inforce lights for sale in the US?
View Quote
Do you have a pic? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

View Quote
*Not my pic

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#28]
There isn't a P26 section so I guess I'll ask here.  This may have already been asked and answered, but I've not seen it specifically for the P26.  Is the P26 one of the B&T guns that has the issue with feeding hollow points?  I ask because mine won't feed HP for shit.  Runs ball all day long, but if I put in some HST it jams every time.  My APC9 will run the HST just fine as well as other HP ammo.  Have I read correctly somewhere that B&T will fix the HP feeding issue if you contact them?

My fun B&T day at the range yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:47:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pogmothoin] [#29]

finally got my stamp  back  this is apc gl06 stock  folding and adjustable
shooting sight apc trigger  with hbi reduced safety springs.   That front gas block gets hot so had to put some rail covers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By pjomalley:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132869/20180120_102133_1_-426129.jpg

finally got my stamp  back  this is apc gl06 stock  folding and adjustable
shooting sight apc trigger  with hbi reduced safety springs
View Quote
Which suppressor are you running on that?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#31]
sico saker 556 k
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Can someone clarify the difference between the APC9 and the GHM9? On paper the guns are so close I can't figure out why someone would buy the APC9 over the GHM9 because of the large difference in price. Is the APC9 more advanced in terms of its buffer system? I want to buy one of these 2 guns but can figure out the main differences between them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#33]
This was just asked, see here... https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/APC9-or-GHM9-/48-485871/
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Can someone clarify the difference between the APC9 and the GHM9? On paper the guns are so close I can't figure out why someone would buy the APC9 over the GHM9 because of the large difference in price. Is the APC9 more advanced in terms of its buffer system? I want to buy one of these 2 guns but can figure out the main differences between them.

Thanks
View Quote
They both use the same lower so there's that.

The upper on the APC9 is about two inches shorter than the GHM9 (15"/17"), the bolt on the APC9 looks taller and shorter than the bolt on the GHM9.  The buffer is attached to the bolt on the GHM9 instead of the endcap of the receiver.  Other than that it looks like cosmetic changes.  I'm not sure how those differences constitute an extra $1K in price for the APC9.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#35]
In case anyone is interested, there are a couple of P26's available on gunbroker for what I think are reasonable prices since they supposedly aren't being made or imported anymore.  I just purchased one for $980 shipped.  It should compliment my APC45 nicely.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cedjunior:I'm not sure how those differences constitute an extra $1K in price for the APC9.
View Quote
It's not. Mine was less than $500 difference. Did you see the link I posted above yours?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FADALdude:Does anyone have the B+T labeled Inforce lights for sale in the US?
Sorry, I just saw this, if you mean a picture of the B&T labeled light, here's mine. I never used Inforce before but it's a solid light

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#38]
I mistook the previous conversation for a B&T labeled smg light with the angled switch, not the pistol light. Regardless, I appreciate the help. Also, I love your ppc collection!
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bestiller:

Sorry, I just saw this, if you mean a picture of the B&T labeled light, here's mine. I never used Inforce before but it's a solid light

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/IMG_1253-431433.JPG
View Quote
That picture just sold me on it....
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone try the Double Tap trigger for the APC9? Debating between this or waiting for franklin armory to release theirs. Any opinions on this trigger system?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GunCollector12:
Anyone try the Double Tap trigger for the APC9? Debating between this or waiting for franklin armory to release theirs. Any opinions on this trigger system?
View Quote
I was really excited for the franklin armory one because it has safety/single/binary, but I kind of lost interest when they said there's hammer follow malfunctions with the trigger. The Double Tap trigger, as far as I know, has hammer follow as well as the inability to set the trigger in single fire mode. So you're stuck with either safety/binary on the Double Tap.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#42]

I was really excited for the franklin armory one because it has safety/single/binary, but I kind of lost interest when they said there's hammer follow malfunctions with the trigger. The Double Tap trigger, as far as I know, has hammer follow as well as the inability to set the trigger in single fire mode. So you're stuck with either safety/binary on the Double Tap.
View Quote
I have their BF3 on an AR with no hammer follow issues so I am hoping the same for the B&T. Double Tap is supposed to come out with a 3 position trigger system similar to BF3 and Echo.... all the videos I have seen of the DT Trigger show ALOT of hammer follow and then there is no ability to single shot. The price is definitely right though but I feel like is should stick with what I know works and is quality.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know if a threaded barrel is available for the APC? I wish this gun had a thread/3 lug configuration like the GHM 9 does.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone know if a threaded barrel is available for the APC? I wish this gun had a thread/3 lug configuration like the GHM 9 does.
View Quote
I read a statement from B&T that they feel a threaded barrel would leave the APC9 susceptible to damage if it was dropped on the muzzle. Given that the APC9 is designed for Military and police duty, B&T did not plan on offering a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By michealj:
I read a statement from B&T that they feel a threaded barrel would leave the APC9 susceptible to damage if it was dropped on the muzzle. Given that the APC9 is designed for Military and police duty, B&T did not plan on offering a threaded barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michealj:
Makes sense, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#46]
I asked via instagram and that is the response i got. someone out there makes a 3lug to threaded adapater, but by the time you add it and a can, the thing gets really long.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#47]
For those running an MRO on yours.  What mount are you using?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyharriett] [#48]
Originally Posted By BS68280:
For those running an MRO on yours.  What mount are you using?
View Quote
I am currently running MROs on all of my B&Ts APC series firearms... (APC9, APC45 and APC223). I am currently using the Trijicon factory low mount that can be purchased with the MRO itself. I am however thinking of switching to a Larue Trijicon MRO Cantilevered QD Mount LT849. The reason for the switch would be issues when using hearing protection while using the B&T telescopic stock. The telescopic stock butt plate has an unusual T shaped design instead of the usual L shape and sticks up higher than most stocks of similar design.

I have a hard time getting my sight line low enough to easily see through the MRO when wearing normal shooting ear muffs because my muffs hit the T design butt plate that is sticking up. I don't have this issue with the regular B&T folding stock but I prefer the looks and operation of the telescopic stock. The reason why I have not switched yet is because I keep spending practically every penny I can muster on more B&T firearms. I have to say I think B&T firearms are more addictive than crack cocaine.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

I am currently running MROs on all of my B&Ts APC series firearms... (APC9, APC45 and APC223). I am currently using the Trijicon factory low mount that can be purchased with the MRO itself. I am however thinking of switching to a Larue Trijicon MRO Cantilevered QD Mount LT849. The reason for the switch would be issues when using hearing protection while using the B&T telescopic stock. The telescopic stock butt plate has an unusual T shaped design instead of the usual L shape and sticks up higher than most stocks of similar design.

I have a hard time getting my sight line low enough to easily see through the MRO when wearing normal shooting ear muffs because my muffs hit the T design butt plate that is sticking up. I don't have this issue with the regular B&T folding stock but I prefer the looks and operation of the telescopic stock. The reason why I have not switched yet is because I keep spending practically every penny I can muster on more B&T firearms. I have to say I think B&T firearms are more addictive than crack cocaine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_APC_9_45_223-438676.jpg
View Quote
its... its.. glorious. How do you like the 556? whats the closest modern rifle you'd compare it to?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JonnieHammaStix:

its... its.. glorious. How do you like the 556? whats the closest modern rifle you'd compare it to?
View Quote
The closest modern rifles IMHO are the FN SCAR 16 and the CZ Bren 805. I've owned the Bren 805 and held the SCAR 16 many times. I prefer the B&T APC223 over both of them. I prefer the telescopic stock of the APC223 over any of the stock options of the Bren or SCAR. I also like the way the APC223's front barrel assembly has the flash hider just past the end of the forend while both the Bren and the SCAR extend out farther... especially the Bren 805. This causes the suppressor to stick out even further which makes for a longer OAL and is much less attractive. I am amazed by how small the APC223 is with the suppressor off and the stock collapsed. IMHO there is not a higher quality... more ergonomically sound and compact state of the art 5.56 weapon system available in the marketplace.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 29 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top