BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 23 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:44:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michealj] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By STXDobie:
For those of you with factory SBR's or those that have SBR'd a pistol APC9/45, which stock do you prefer? The collapsible looks like the ticket but at $600+ it's a steep entry fee. Is the side folder the perfect length or do you find it too short or too long? I am considering buy a factory SBR with the collapsible but I want to be sure that stock isn't a turd first.

Also, is the safety selector compatible with AR safety levers? I can't stand where the thing hits the webbing on my right hand, super painful over time. I'd like to run a short arm on that side.
View Quote
I didn't mind the telescoping stock, but I choke up pretty close to the gun and with the extra width I had to cock my head over a little or apply more pressure than was comfortable compared to the folder. The LOP felt the same to me.
My friend has the telescoping stoke and loves it but the folder feels and looks better to me. I am glad I got to try one before I bought it.

I like the Magpul and TangoDown vfg's. Brownells or gun broker for magazines.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What about a trip-lug to threaded adapter like 1/2-28, is anyone making one or have one in the works? I'd much rather buy an adapter than the $200 Triad piston for my AAC TiRant Short can I plan to run on this gun. It would make my life easier to keep the 1/2-28 piston on the can full-time so that I can go back and forth between the APC9 and my 9mm threaded handguns versus removing one piston in favor for the other when changing platforms. That said, there aren't many Triad pistons out there for sale, so I don't want to hesitate and miss out on buying one and end up forced into purchasing a new 9mm can strictly for the APC9.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
This has come up from time to time and the response is usually that a 3 lug female to 1/2"x28 adapter would not be rigid enough and could lead to possible baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By michealj:
This has come up from time to time and the response is usually that a 3 lug female to 1/2"x28 adapter would not be rigid enough and could lead to possible baffle strikes.
View Quote
Then I'll buy the Triad adapter and be done with it. Lastly, for those who are on a Form 1 with their pistol, where have or where do you all plan to engrave the receiver? I am considering a Form 4 factory SBR simply to avoid having to engrave my receiver.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Then I'll buy the Triad adapter and be done with it. Lastly, for those who are on a Form 1 with their pistol, where have or where do you all plan to engrave the receiver? I am considering a Form 4 factory SBR simply to avoid having to engrave my receiver.
View Quote
I engraved mine on the bottom of the upper next to where B&T USA is engraved. And I’m not sure if they make a factory SBR in the States.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:10:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: STXDobie] [#6]
Originally Posted By 59chevy:

I engraved mine on the bottom of the upper next to where B&T USA is engraved. And I’m not sure if they make a factory SBR in the States.
View Quote
Cool, thanks for the suggestion! They have them, talked to two dealers who have them on Form 3's at the moment. Correction, they were laser marked, so they aren't legit factory SBR's.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Just pick this guy up.. The locking tri lug is very cool and rock solid when mounted.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn  I'm jealous ........I want 2 of those
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice. Im still leaning OmegaK or Wolf SD.

Thoughts on either's style of 3 lug lockup?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Are there any B&T USA dealers that will special order from B&T in Thun?

I haven't gotten any response.
I need that TP9 carry bag and Tactical Bottle Opener.

Hell, you can't even buy a B&T shirt!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Group buy bottle openers??

I was wondering if the pic rail sling mount point came with the bit of cord that mine has from the factory? I like that its rigid enough to stay open and not sure how Id duplicate it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I plan to run my AAC Tirant Short with the AAC Triad attachment on the APC9 when the Form 1 returns for SBR.

What are these bottle openers I hear of?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
Just pick this guy up.. The locking tri lug is very cool and rock solid when mounted.
http://i.imgur.com/ZajQafN.jpg
View Quote
This......

B&T's suppressors with their locking trilug FAR surpasses any of the other trilug adapters that are currently out there. Absolutely ZERO wobble / slop when locked down. I ca't wait till I get mine out of jail!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]

What are these bottle openers I hear of?
View Quote
Tactical Bottle Opener
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Who is selling B&T cans stateside?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#16]
Originally Posted By branflake12:
View Quote
G and R Tactical carries B&T suppressors
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

View Quote
From what my dealer told me, I have a better chance of going to the B&T storefront in Thun and buy the accessories in person then trying to order direct.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Any B&T authorized dealer can order the cans. And it is very easy for a FFL to become an authorized dealer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Capital Armory has them in stock and they qualify for their easy pay system as well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Tarheel state firearms is a stocking dealer as well. They are awesome to do business with.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:30:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: r_shackelford] [#21]
What about a trip-lug to threaded adapter like 1/2-28, is anyone making one or have one in the works? I'd much rather buy an adapter than the $200 Triad piston for my AAC TiRant Short can I plan to run on this gun. It would make my life easier to keep the 1/2-28 piston on the can full-time so that I can go back and forth between the APC9 and my 9mm threaded handguns versus removing one piston in favor for the other when changing platforms. That said, there aren't many Triad pistons out there for sale, so I don't want to hesitate and miss out on buying one and end up forced into purchasing a new 9mm can strictly for the APC9.
View Quote
Remember, that the B&T is a fixed barrel, not a tilting barrel like most pistols. So, when switching back and forth, you generally need to remove the spring from your threaded mount and replace it with a fixed spacer. Don't know what the AAC design is like, but you're basically removing the mount anyway.

Eventually I just bought a dedicated three lug can myself.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By r_shackelford:
Eventually I just bought a dedicated three lug can myself.
View Quote
That what I’m doing as well. My evo9 is my 9mm pistol suppressor and the 45 Osprey is for the 45’s. The Obsidian is going to be the 3-lug PCC can.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:52:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#23]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:

From what my dealer told me, I have a better chance of going to the B&T storefront in Thun and buy the accessories in person then trying to order direct.
View Quote

LETS START A GROUP BY FOR THE BOTTLE OPENERS.  

Their shipping policy is clear:  no USA.

Why aren't there any dealers, or B&T USA if they can return a call, putting in special orders every quarter?  
Now that everyone knows about B&T there is a market for special orders, parts, merch.  
I'm willing to be Paying $300+ for a fancy laptopbag......just ship it to me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Group buy for openers and parts kits (extractor, some springs, maybe a spare bolt assembly...etc)
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I’d be in for that group buy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I would absolutely be in for parts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I missed the $1850 APC9's at Arms Unlimited a while ago, but still want one. Where's cheapest these days? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Group buy for openers and parts kits (extractor, some springs, maybe a spare bolt assembly...etc)
View Quote
I'd be in for some parts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
I missed the $1850 APC9's at Arms Unlimited a while ago, but still want one. Where's cheapest these days? Thanks!
View Quote
G&R Tactical still has them for 1999.50.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
View Quote
Ohio Armament has them for $1970.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
watch the coupon thread here for a 10% off at brownells, should be the best way to do it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
watch the coupon thread here for a 10% off at brownells, should be the best way to do it.
View Quote
Where is said coupon thread?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Have you asked Dakota Tactical??   or B&t USA in Florida?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:17:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: roughrider94] [#34]
What kind of light/switch combos are you all running on your B&T guns?

Also, can anyone give me a perspective on the quality/tone differences between a Rugged Obsidian and a B&T suppressor? I currently own the Obsidian and love it, but I am open to the idea of getting a B&T suppressor dedicated to the APC if it is exceptional.

View Quote
Like some other people have said, try reaching out to hkparts and dakota tactical. I believe that it can only help to let them know that there are consumers interested in purchasing the more esoteric parts that B&T offers. They may not import the $80 bottle opener just on the belief that there aren't many Americans who are interested. If enough interest is shown, they're more likely to import it in, yeah?

I have no idea if I had any effect in it, but a few months ago I inquired about the 12 and 17 round apc45 mags and they(hkparts and dt) happily responded that they were able to import them. They showed up in stock on websites a few weeks later. (It's probably wishful thinking to believe I caused anything, but who knows).

I've previously called a B&T distributor before about importing parts. Everything seems to be fair game for importation, EXCEPT there are apparently specific bipods/parts that other US companies have patent trolled B&T out of obtaining. I can't recall the exact bipod, but I was told there was a specific one that they can't import due to a conflicting patent with a US company (who isn't even producing anything while owning the patent).
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GataGunner:

Where is said coupon thread?
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Current-Coupon-Codes/333-194866/

Check daily, these aren't advertised via email.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#36]

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Current-Coupon-Codes/333-194866/

Check daily, these aren't advertised via email.
View Quote
Thanks. I shall diligently check everyday in anticipation of a nice 10% Brownells discount.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#37]
I may have missed this somewhere in this thread, but is this magazine loader available in the U.S. for the B&T?

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JohnLWare:
I may have missed this somewhere in this thread, but is this magazine loader available in the U.S. for the B&T?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqb1tE3lH4M
View Quote
Pretty sure HKParts has it.

Side note...does anyone know what the sling loop is made out of? Id like to put another up front, thru one of the handguard holes. Its not regular paracord, as it holds it self open.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Pretty sure HKParts has it.

Side note...does anyone know what the sling loop is made out of? Id like to put another up front, thru one of the handguard holes. Its not regular paracord, as it holds it self open.
View Quote
They have one, but stress that it only works for MP5 mags. Also, the B&T website says they are different part numbers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: roughrider94] [#40]
Anyone know of the cheapest place to get APC45 mags? Cheapest I can find is brownells for $90.59 shipped after using one of their coupons.

They have one, but stress that it only works for MP5 mags. Also, the B&T website says they are different part numbers.
View Quote
Check out their youtube vid under B&T's channel. They left a comment on a guy asking about it on his APC9. It works with the MP5 as well as a decent amount of their 9mm weapons as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#41]
THis is what I saw as well. I'd bet people didnt know how to use it and they got returns or complaints. I'll wait for someone else go guinea pig this one.

Originally Posted By roughrider94:
Anyone know of the cheapest place to get APC45 mags? Cheapest I can find is brownells for $90.59 shipped after using one of their coupons.

Check out their youtube vid under B&T's channel. They left a comment on a guy asking about it on his APC9. It works with the MP5 as well as a decent amount of their 9mm weapons as well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#42]
The B&T website says the MP5 version is BT-231230 and the APC9 et al. version is the BT-231229.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#43]
The GHM9 comes with the fast loader.  When I get mine paid off and out of layaway I'll post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I have the BT-231230 loader and I can verify that it does NOT work on the APC9/P26 mags.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
I have the BT-231230 loader and I can verify that it does NOT work on the APC9/P26 mags.
View Quote
Good to know! Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: razARback] [#46]
The B&T website says the MP5 version is BT-231230 and the APC9 et al. version is the BT-231229.
View Quote
I just bought the APC9 magazine loader (231229) from an eBay seller in Italy. The price was EUR 20.00, and the seller quoted me EUR 6.00 for shipping ($30.18 total). I literally just ordered it, so I can't vouch for the seller, but it still shows 7 available. Here is the video again:

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:02:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: branflake12] [#47]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#48]
link to seller if there are more?
View Quote
Sorry, I forgot to add the link. Fixed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Sweet, I’ve been trying to get my hands on one of these for a while. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Sorry, I forgot to add the link. Fixed.
View Quote
Thanks for the link, I grabbed one too.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 23 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top