Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quick little video showing the new version versus the old.  I have the old, Deluxe version which I adore!

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

No thanks.  That thing is butt ugly.

I will stick to what I have.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wooden guns grew into Black Guns. This one just grew hotter.........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That thing is hideous.

Wooden guns grew into Black Guns. This one just grew hotter.........

For what it's worth, I agree with ToyCop - that thing is hideous.

The appropriate, modern evolution is what MCW has done.  As much as I like blued steel and walnut, I can't find anything wrong with his stainless steel and laminated wood version.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Rails on lever guns make me cringe.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rails on lever guns make me cringe.
View Quote

Well then, prepare to be triggered, because I have an AimPoint on mine.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have found a new interest in lever guns!  I have a Winchester 94AE in 44 mag.  I put a Burris FF III on it for my old eyes.  Some have given me a bad time for putting the Burris on it, but it is a fun gun to shoot.  My other lever gun is a Browning BL 22, that is very nice!!!!!  It still has the factory sights in it and shoots a lot better then I can hold!
My old lever gun and one that I have complete faith in is my Marlin Guide gun in 45-70.  Yes it has a low power scope, which puts it spot on out to 100 yards.  Two bison and one moose have been harvested with this gun!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
@truenorth:

Hey, OP.  Took my 86/71 out yesterday for the first time in a while.

I forgot how much I LOVE the 1886 action.  The PMG barrels on these guns are shooters!

I think you will love your gun!  Did you get it yet?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Pedersoli Boarbuster Mark II - FULL REVIEW
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
You must hate what I do then...
https://madpigcustoms.com/lever-action-gunsmithing
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:
You must hate what I do then... 
View Quote

What, not hotlink?

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd rather have a Big Horn Armory Model 89 500 S&W
View Quote

I’m working on getting one of these now
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@COSteve: you can place the sight at the forward or the rearmost position on the newer rails.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Pedersoli_Boarbuster_JPG-1357268.jpg
View Quote
Good to see that they corrected that stupid original approach, however, I'm not a fan of plastic stocks so I'm still not impressed with the design.  As I said, it's an individual style thing not a weakness or problem for those who like the plastic.  I for one don't like it at all and I grudgingly have only a single rifle with plastic furniture, a lightweight AR carbine.  However, I actually rarely get it out as I don't like the feel of it so when I want to shoot a 5.56 carbine, I use my 'Mini M14' instead.   It's no surprise then that my other AR, my A4 'Appleshooter' AR wears real walnut.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather have a Big Horn Armory Model 89 500 S&W

Wish I could afford one right now.  I settled for a used JM Marlin 1895 in 450 Marlin in the mean time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very nice. What options? I'd have to go with the fancy walnut, color case hardened, and octagon barrel, but then after spending that much, I'd probably have to tighten the belt a bit.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#15]
dtap
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That thing is hideous.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Tang safety = yuck
No threaded barrel = nope
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#18]
No threaded muzzle?  Trash!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good to see that they corrected that stupid original approach, however, I'm not a fan of plastic stocks so I'm still not impressed with the design.  As I said, it's an individual style thing not a weakness or problem for those who like the plastic.  I for one don't like it at all and I grudgingly have only a single rifle with plastic furniture, a lightweight AR carbine.  However, I actually rarely get it out as I don't like the feel of it so when I want to shoot a 5.56 carbine, I use my 'Mini M14' instead.   It's no surprise then that my other AR, my A4 'Appleshooter' AR wears real walnut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@COSteve: you can place the sight at the forward or the rearmost position on the newer rails.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Pedersoli_Boarbuster_JPG-1357268.jpg
To the extent of my knowledge, the stocks are coated wood.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Standard walnut and 18” barrel.
Ordered it yesterday. 4 month lead time and they let you make payments as you wait.
$600 down with minimum $100 payments as you go.
I been wanting one for years and could never afford it then I lost my job.
Got a call from a interview Thursday and got a new job with hefty pay raise.
So it was a gift to myself for beating out 250 applicants.
Oh and by the way they offer a 5% discount to current/former law enforcement and military.
So I got the 5% off which was nice!
@scuba_steve

Quoted:

Very nice. What options? I'd have to go with the fancy walnut, color case hardened, and octagon barrel, but then after spending that much, I'd probably have to tighten the belt a bit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Standard walnut and 18” barrel.
Ordered it yesterday. 4 month lead time and they let you make payments as you wait.
$600 down with minimum $100 payments as you go.
I been wanting one for years and could never afford it then I lost my job.
Got a call from a interview Thursday and got a new job with hefty pay raise.
So it was a gift to myself for beating out 250 applicants.
Oh and by the way they offer a 5% discount to current/former law enforcement and military.
So I got the 5% off which was nice!
@scuba_steve

View Quote

Nice. Congrats on the job
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Adjustable comb on a woods gun?  No thanks.  Buy a gun that fits.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What, not hotlink?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:
You must hate what I do then... 

What, not hotlink?

Better?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I think this thread is a true indication of why Truenorth's original post is by definition wrong.  Not that he's not entitled to his opinion, but that in this diverse forum we find enthusiasts of all kinds with all different likes and tastes.  Leverguns and cowboy action in an AR forum? Absurd some would say.  But that's the diversity within the sport that makes it interesting.  

I'm an older style, wood and steel guy who leans towards leverguns and mil type semi-autos but not towards the tactical modern.  Others are the opposite.  Who's right?  We all are!  
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wooden guns grew into Black Guns. This one just grew hotter hideous.........
View Quote

^^FIFY.   That is the thing nightmares are made of.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If I am elected President, possession of a lever-action rifle with a Picatinny rail or a safety will be a felony.

A plastic stock will be a capital felony.

View Quote

Add pistol grip stocks and you'll have my vote for life.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Looking back, Miss erg was widely panned for the 464 SPX.  Yet, aside from the goofy ass AR stock, from the receiver forward it was ahead of the times.

Everyone is putting out railed lever guns with threaded barrels, rails snd a more “tactical” appearance.

I have to think these manufacturers are putting out these new lever designs because they sell, or at least be aside they believe they’ll sell.

Who knows, eventually the lever rifle with blues finish and wood furniture may be one the exception, only available in limited “classic” runs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
An 8" iron sight radius on a long arm, that's a new one on me.
View Quote

Shorter sight radius is something you see on some Euro bolt action rifles designed for driven hunts.  The Tikka Battue rifles have pretty short sight radius.

For fast offhand shooting, a short sight radius is fine.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If I am elected President, possession of a lever-action rifle with a Picatinny rail or a safety will be a felony.

A plastic stock will be a capital felony.

View Quote

I concur and will add, a capital felony with death by cruel and unusual means for one of those stupid, ugly, looks like a bull with inflamed scrotum, levers wrapped in leather.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top