Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2017 12:35:16 PM EDT
I have a Rossi Ranch Hand in 357/38 that I love. I searched high and low for over a year to find one at a reasonable price. My current one came up for sale at the local gun store for $300 and I swooped it up right quick.

Well, I walked in the door yesterday and they have another one. This time in 44mag. I certainly don't need the damn thing, but I have a buncha "I don't need" guns in  the safe already, so what is one more. With this one though, I was thinking of trying to come up with a solution to mount a "brace" on it. 44Mag has a little more punch to it and having a brace to wrap around my forearm could help to mitigate some of that recoil. With that being said, the internet is pretty much void of anyone doing this. Not just for the obvious reason of how blasphemous it is, but because nobody makes any kind of adapter to just make it happen.

With that all being said, anyone have a way they have seen or done to mount a brace to a ranch hand/mare's leg? My personal thought is either an Ace folding buffer tube adapter or the Definitive Arms Stock Adapter UFM4-AKMS. The ace adapter would just mount on the backplate of the current "stock" on the ranch hand and the definitive arms unit would go around the stock and thru bolt. There is also whatever the hell this is in the pic below. Just replace the stock with a brace.

I realize just how damn ugly this is, but it's about finding a functional solution to me. I already have pretty. Any suggestions you guys may have seen that keep it legal and functional are appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
That is fugly.  If it was me I would just SBR it instead.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that is not a brace, that is an adjustable stock. Besides looking like crap, that would not be legal without at least a 16" barrel. A Sig brace or KAK brace would not look any better but at least would be legal.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, that is not a brace, that is an adjustable stock. Besides looking like crap, that would not be legal without at least a 16" barrel. A Sig brace or KAK brace would not look any better but at least would be legal.
View Quote
RIF. But thanks for your concern.....

Anyways, plans changed. they got a damn JM stamped 1894c in 357 in and it's mine for $450. So the ugly ass 44mag with a brace idea is on hold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top