Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2017 11:51:44 PM EDT
Opinions? Of this JM 1894 stainless?

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com! http://www.gunbroker.com/item/692570697
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The current price is good but it has days to go and will probably go for around $900 give or take.

I bought one when they first came out and love it.  If I can ever find a second one at a decent price I'm going to convert it to a SBR.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a SS Marlin as my first lever gun. I kinda got lucky and bought it a good price. Its great to shoot, lo recoil, and accurate. I'm glad that I reload. I only wish the 357 version was not so scarce or expensive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn. That thing is beautiful. I just picked up a JM marked 1894c in 357 yesterday for a song. Wish it was stainless, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. After seeing the pics of that SS model, I know what my next one will look like.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
A while back,  Brian Pierce wrote an article in Rifles magazine someone converted one to a take down.  It was so sweet! 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one - 1894SS - new in 2007; keyholing bullets. Sent it back to the factory, came back and with a good load it would do 7.5-8" at 100, other loads were more like a foot - dumped it. Not all JM's were problem free.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one - 1894SS - new in 2007; keyholing bullets. Sent it back to the factory, came back and with a good load it would do 7.5-8" at 100, other loads were more like a foot - dumped it. Not all JM's were problem free.
View Quote
Cast or jacketed bullets?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes; Didn't matter what I tried, bullet, powder. Didn't try a "oversized" lead but if it wouldn't shoot jacketed I didn't want it. Ended up picked a used blued one a few years later. No problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes; Didn't matter what I tried, bullet, powder. Didn't try a "oversized" lead but if it wouldn't shoot jacketed I didn't want it. Ended up picked a used blued one a few years later. No problems with it.
View Quote
Didn't they get bought out at some point, and guns after that point aren't as good?  Could be internet rumors.

Anyway, I have a 1894 in .44 Mag as well, not stainless though.  18" round barrel.  Bought it new in 1995 for a deer trip up in Wisconsin.  Took a buck with it.  Very nice gun.  Haven't shot it in years though.  I need to get some rounds loaded up for it and take it out to the range soon.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn. That thing is beautiful. I just picked up a JM marked 1894c in 357 yesterday for a song. Wish it was stainless, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. After seeing the pics of that SS model, I know what my next one will look like.
View Quote
Blue< Stainless< Hardchrome

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top