Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2017 11:10:44 AM EDT
Many good people at that forum but it is run by a bunch liberal progressive lying  PC rear wipes.
They just banned me for six months for doing absolutely nothing. Oh... I asked a moderator for some pics.

So I told them to ban me for ever. I'm done with them.

I am not telling anyone to stop using them. there are a lot of good people, and a lot of great information.

But their liberal PC moderators can suck.....  A straw. I'm done with them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They banned me when I start a build thread on my tactical marlin 30-30. A couple weeks later they created a tactical lever gun sub forum.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been a member since 2012. I haven't gotten the axe yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Years ago they banned a bunch of us that disagreed with the net Nazi that runs it.  One of them started a forum and we migrated there.  Sadly the loss of one of its central members resulted in its demise.

The best levergun forum these days isPaco Kelly's Leverguns  Be forwarned, much of the language and attitude displayed here is not acceptable there.  Be polite, and act like an adult and you'll be a welcome member.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't mind the cap on the language. That's no big deal

Nothing sets me off quicker than that stinking liberal progressive "Okay for me but not for you " attitude.

And the lies. Oh, my God, the moderators lies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#5]
This affects us how?

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you really need a explanation??
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't mind the cap on the language. That's no big deal

Nothing sets me off quicker than that stinking liberal progressive "Okay for me but not for you " attitude.

And the lies. Oh, my God, the moderators lies.
View Quote
Checked them out a few years ago thinking I'd sign up but after a bit of lurking I decided it was just another BS forum.  Way, way too much excusing the poor quality issues; attempting to justify their poor equipment and bashing everything else all while acting a bit Holier than Thou.  Not for me so I dropped the link to them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I go over there and read but never post.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Checked them out a few years ago thinking I'd sign up but after a bit of lurking I decided it was just another BS forum.  Way, way too much excusing the poor quality issues; attempting to justify their poor equipment and bashing everything else all while acting a bit Holier than Thou.  Not for me so I dropped the link to them.
View Quote
I was over there as well and haven't been back after selling a couple levers. A few questioned my integrity when on sale adds I requested PM verses email. Well you see my feed back score don't you? Same as the SW revolver folks and the "stocks"- give me a break.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I take a few minutes maybe every other day and skim through a handful of the forums as I have a couple of Marlin leverguns but, yeah I don't spend really any time on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got a 30 day ban on MO. One of the moderators searched arfcom for my EE listings and banned me for having a similar thread on arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got a 30 day ban on MO. One of the moderators searched arfcom for my EE listings and banned me for having a similar thread on arfcom.
View Quote
I've always thought that was a silly rule. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've always thought that was a silly rule. 
View Quote
what blows my mind is that someone (I'm assuming a moderator) either googled my listing or my username or checked arfcom for a similar listing.  I'd be surprised if they found both threads by coincidence.

I have perfect feedback as a seller on every site I've bought/sold/traded on, including MO and I've never had an issue managing a cross posted thread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I went back to when marlinowners was marlintalk.  It was a great place.  When the ownership/admin/mods took a serious "I am god" shift things went downhill fast.

I suspect that marlinowners survives only because a fairly small number of folks agree with the folks running the place and feel empowered by that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never had a issue on there but I only go there when I have marlin issue.
I'm a mod on another forum the old mod had their clicks and if you step out of line you got banned they left and we got new mods site is slowly rebuilding. It not easy being a mod but you really can't be a asshole and be a mod it really will bring a forum down over time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The best levergun forum these days isPaco Kelly's Leverguns
View Quote
I tried to register there but I never got a confirmation email. I tried contacting the administrator for help but no reply.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Leverguns recently changed from a .com to a .org.  The .com is still kind of active.  Make sure you are going to the .org site.

You're not the only person to have a few issues.  Even some of us long term members had issues after the switch.  But we are mostly dinosaurs and learn slowly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#18]
It's the .org address that I can't get into. I've also tried the option to resend the confirmation email a couple of times but still nothing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Most of their mods on that site, are asswipes. I bought a new 336Y a couple of years ago and made the comment how satisfied I was with its fit and function. Obviously, that was the wrong thing to say as Marlin diehards came out of the woodwork.
I finally had enough and said so. As you can guess, I was the only one banned. Since then, I have only been back to that site,once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top