Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2017 8:53:50 AM EDT
Hopefully someone can help me out a bit.  I removed and cleaned the fore end of my 92, re-assembled and everything went back together flawless.  I do not think this is a connecting issue but now when the carrier assembly goes forward with the lever, the next round in the feed tube is not released onto the elevator.  The carrier cycling forward pushes a spring release to the left that releases the next round to be cycled onto the elevator.  In my case, the carrier does not push the spring stop far enough to the left and the next round stays secured in the tube, not 100% of the time but enough it is a problem.  I can easily reach in and push the spring slightly with my finger and the round is released from the tube.  Is there a way to adjust this spring stop to get a more positive retraction so the rounds cycle out of the feed tube more reliably?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Was it working before you took it apart?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't tell you.  It is brand new.  Obvious what the problem is.  This is my first lever so wondering if there is an easy fix.  Not going to send it back.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
SASS forum has a couple guys that work on these a lot.
Can you compare parts you can see to another rifle.
Perhaps the part that releases it was made improperly and all you need to do is buy new part.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a problem like that with .357.  .38 would cycle fine.  Luckily I had a rifle that worked to compare with it, side by side.  I had to file a part to remove some flashing/slag, but it was a five minute fix.  

Maybe you can take it to a gun store or find a friend to compare with a working gun?  It kinda needs to be done with ammo, so the gun store isn't the best bet, but maybe you can see the difference dry. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That is exactly what I was thinking about filing just a bit.  Only needs a little help!!  Negative on smith!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I found these 92 likes to be worked not soft stroked.
How far apart did you take the gun.
I have take my completely down and stoned and filed smooth the rough edges.

I follow these guys
Marauders
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I took it ALL the way down and back together about 12 times fiddling with lots of little  things.  The time spent was very well worth it!  I found little details everywhere and in my mind fixed them all.  
The problem with my main situation was a small burr in the grove the elevator ramp spring loaded pin slides in.  It was keeping the elevator ramp from dropping all the way down and not allowing the next round to load onto the ramp.  One pass with the Dremel through the removed loading gate and problem solved!
I love these rifles!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top