Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2017 9:38:47 AM EDT
So this is what he suggested based on my discussion with him. He wants me to purchase it, and he will install it.

GW 8 CH NVR + 4 HD 1920P 5MP H.265 Megapixel IP Camera Weatherproof Smartphone Scan QR Code Quick Remote Access Varifocal Lens Surveillance PoE IP Camera System P2P Real Time Motion Detect (2TB HDD)

Price is $900 at Newegg. Just wondering if this is within acceptable limits, not outstanding, just OK to get.

Should I pepper my angus?
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be leery of that brand as their reviews suck.

Contrast that with this Reolink system for the same money and more cameras and I would go with Reolink.  Their 8 channel system is on that page as well for $480.

Another option is Blue Iris on a PC.  I just did that this weekend and am very happy with it.  It is a bit CPU intensive though so nothing below an i3-4370 would be a good idea with 8 cameras in my opinion.

ETA: The Blue Iris mobile app is awesome!

Link Posted: 11/21/2017 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, this really helps!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top