Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2017 8:43:37 PM EDT
I want a PTZ camera but want it to be under $200.  Does anyone  have any experience with this camera?

I just built my Blue Iris (was going to use Genius Vision but that is another story) and am happy with the 9 Hikvision cameras I have so far.  I just want to add a couple of PTZ's to the stable.

I have never used Reolink before though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The Reolink's have been getting good reviews.  When I get the money I'm going with a Reolink system.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have seen good things as well but have never personally used a Reolink.

I may take the plunge as they appear to be disappearing for some reason.  I don't want them to be discontinued before I can grab one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was mentioned some where in here that they are due to come out with 5mp cameras soon.  Might want to investigate that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I will check that out.  Thanks for the tip!

Hopefully they get the auto-focus sped up too as that is the one complaint I see with this model.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is a link with some of the new model information.

I am torn on waiting or not though as I don't really need 5MP for my use when I can get the 4MP version for $180 right now.

The only thing that concerns me is Reolink's 8192Kbps max bitrate on these cameras.  At 5MP that seems way to low to me since my Hikvision's can record at 12288Kbps for 1080P (2.1MP).....thoughts?

Here is a site about camera bitrate's.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have either that camera or the 423/PTZ, but I do have the 5mp camera coming my way, it just got into NY yesterday.

I can't speak anything but praises about Reolink. I started a thread about a month ago with info on the 5mp stuff, and will update once I get the 5mp camera in hand, and have some time with it. As for the bitrate, I personally have not noticed any lag or problems at all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Really close to grabbing this when the lightning deal hits, depending on how good the deal is...

Then adding a 423 later (I’d get the two bullet, two dome kit)

Amazon Product
  • 1440p Super HD Surveillance Camera System: Supports 1440p/1080p/720p video live view & recording day & night.
  • Built-in 2TB HDD: 8 channels simultaneously recording & playback. Secure your home & business indoors & outdoors 24/7. Motion triggered recording supported.
  • DIY Security System: Easy PoE connection, plug & play. No expert installation required.

Link Posted: 11/21/2017 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really close to grabbing this when the lightning deal hits, depending on how good the deal is...

Then adding a 423 later (I’d get the two bullet, two dome kit)

www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHXEHSU
View Quote
Do you know for sure that this will be going on sale?  I'm hoping to pick up a two bullet, two dome kit as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it’s on the list of upcoming deals. Says 12:20pm (either today or tomorrow)

Edit: Central time
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes, it’s on the list of upcoming deals. Says 12:20pm (either today or tomorrow)
View Quote
Thanks.  Do you have a link?  I'm not finding it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found it yesterday on the app, but I’m not seeing it today either. However, it still says I’m watching it so I guess it’s still on...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#12]
It looks like between yesterday and today they’ve limited how far ahead it shows the deals (at least for me). I could scroll all the way through Thanksgiving yesterday to see upcoming deals. Now it’s only showing 4 hours in advance (at least when I filter for electronics).

I’ll keep this thread posted when it’s showing for me (getting close).
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#13]
It’s showing up now. Deal starts at 12:20pm today (central).
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I just noticed in the specs that this camera is out of consideration for most people in colder climates along with many of their other cameras.

It is only rated down to 14F which is nowhere near good enough for Nebraska.

Most Hikvision cameras are rated to -22F from what I am seeing.

Bummer
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn’t notice that. That stinks for you northern folks (I live in Mississippi).
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just noticed in the specs that this camera is out of consideration for most people in colder climates along with many of their other cameras.

Bummer
View Quote
Dang, that sucks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#17]
It sure does.

All of their cameras appear to be that way that I have seen.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bummer
View Quote
I don't have the ptz. But My reolink bullets and domes have spent extended time hoovering around 0F. As in weeks at a time. No issues.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe you could knit little sweaters for them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't have the ptz. But My reolink bullets and domes have spent extended time hoovering around 0F. As in weeks at a time. No issues.
View Quote
0F may be fine but we get below that frequently in the winter with wind chills sometimes hitting -25F or worse.  I just don't want to spend $200 on a camera that isn't rated for our weather conditions here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Cameras don’t care about wind chill... Absolute temp is what matters...
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cameras don’t care about wind chills... Absolute temp is what matters...
View Quote
Good to know.  I figured if they were exposed directly to the wind that it would matter.

I learned something new today
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

0F may be fine but we get below that frequently in the winter with wind chills sometimes hitting -25F or worse.  I just don't want to spend $200 on a camera that isn't rated for our weather conditions here.
View Quote
I'm averaging. You may get a little colder but  not much. That wind chill isn't unheard of here. Days in single digits aren't anything special with actual temps dipping below 0 at night. I live on top of a ridge at the confluence of two rivers. 40mph sustained winds throughout winter.

I don't think the cold will effect the cameras. I'm not sure how exactly the temperature will effect them.

In your case though I'm pretty sure the cameras are proprietary to reolink. I'm not positive but I haven't heard of anyone running them on blue iris
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm averaging. You may get a little colder but  not much. That wind chill isn't unheard of here. Days in single digits aren't anything special with actual temps dipping below 0 at night. I live on top of a ridge at the confluence of two rivers. 40mph sustained winds throughout winter.

I don't think the cold will effect the cameras. I'm not sure how exactly the temperature will effect them.

In your case though I'm pretty sure the cameras are proprietary to reolink. I'm not positive but I haven't heard of anyone running them on blue iris
View Quote
Blue Iris is gtg according to Reolink  Pretty much as long as the camera is ONVIF compatible you can run them on any of the major DVR software out there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Blue Iris is gtg according to Reolink  Pretty much as long as the camera is ONVIF compatible you can run them on any of the major DVR software out there.
View Quote
Good to know.

Looking at reolinks web site they have a section on cold weather. It say does say the bullet is thier most robust cold weather performer and should be good for southern Alberta Canada. I dunno know if Alberta is warmer than the other parts of Canada but in general I would think the further north you go
the colder???

ColdWeather
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Deal up! $384 now (30% off) for the 4 bullet cam system (the 2 bullet 2 dome option wasn’t discounted unfortunately). FO’n anyway.

Edit: You have to be a prime member to get the deal (and who’s not nowadays...)
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Sold out already...
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sold out already...
View Quote
Fuuuuuuuugh.  I got into a bullshit head lock with a guy that was just here buying some old speakers and forgot to check.  Damnit!
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm using a RLC-423 with a Reolink NVR. It works great. The only real complaint I have is I wish it had greater zoom capabilities, but considering how well the camera works, it's definitely not a dealbreaker.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I wound up getting a Hikvision DS-2DE3304W-DE to try out.  It doesn't have IR but it has excellent low light visibility it appears and is rated down to -22F.  It was 16F here last night and it isn't even December.

I may wind up adding an IR illuminator but we will see how it goes without it.

Skip to 9:00 to see some time lapse footage.

HIKVISION PTZ Mini Dome Security Camera Setup & Review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top