Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2017 7:06:49 AM EDT
I'm going to set my house up with 2, possibly 3 outward facing IP cameras. One of the things I would really like, is as follows..

I'd like to be able to sit in my home office and view the 2-3 cameras on a dedicated TV, or a dedicated ipad, preferring the TV option. I wouldn't mind also being able to switch through devices on the TV in my bedroom to pull the feed up as well.

#1. To be able to view the camera feeds on my TVs. They are all either amazon firesticks or Smart TVs across the house. HDMI or IP viewer apps is what I'm curious about.
If that doesn't work..
#2. I have a couple older Ipads and kindles that I would like to be able to turn them on and view the feeds fast, or leave them on and let them stream.
If that doesn't work..
#3. I could obviously use my android phone, since it's with me all the time.

I sort of wish there was a simple solution, but there isn't, so I'm curious if anyone has done something similar and has some products to point me toward. I pretty much just want to be able to monitor the cameras easily, or quickly from my phone.

Do you have any similar setups? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Most IP camera systems have an app associated with them.  So checking on a phone is easy.  If you're an apple guy, which sounds like you are.  You can use an apple TV to mirror what's on the ipad, so if you leave a dedicated ipad for camera viewing, then set ut up near the tv you want.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most IP camera systems have an app associated with them.  So checking on a phone is easy.  If you're an apple guy, which sounds like you are.  You can use an apple TV to mirror what's on the ipad, so if you leave a dedicated ipad for camera viewing, then set ut up near the tv you want.
View Quote
I'm not an apple guy, but somehow I've ended up with a couple older ipads that family members didn't have a use for anymore.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not an apple guy, but somehow I've ended up with a couple older ipads that family members didn't have a use for anymore.
View Quote
I'd still go with apple tv and use the ipads.   You'd probably be able to have an android app at the same time for the cell phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top