Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2017 6:56:46 PM EDT
Anybody planning on participating in the group buy Sturdy Safe announced on their Facebook page?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Didnt know that and plan to go look now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Any links for those of us without FB?

I wouldn't mind a small one for my bedroom....
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Copy/paste from their Facebook:

STURDY SAFE GROUP BUY!
What you need to know:
1. Before everyone orders, a list of participants first and last name must be given to us via email or phone.
2. The orders must be placed over the phone, and a $300 non refundable down payment needs to be made.
3. All participants need to order the same day. Participant count will be tallied and discounts will be applied by the end of the day. Updated invoices reflecting the discounts will be emailed.
4. We will lower the cost of the safe if possible. The group buy discount will be in addition to this potential discount.
5. Discounts are applied to everything but shipping and tax (if you're in CA).
6. The Cube safe is excluded. All other safes and vaults apply.
7. The safes or vaults don't need to be delivered to the same place at the same time, although you would save more by doing so.
8. At 14 orders or more, we will include the Extra Warranty. A $150 value.
9. Drumming up interest on forums, social media sites, newspapers, etc. is allowed, however, you are not allowed to use Sturdy Safe's Facebook or Instagram accounts to gain members. If such messages are posted, they will be erased.
10. Group by orders can be placed anytime between now and November 20, 2017

Discount Percentage:
3 orders- 5.5%
4 orders- 6%
5 orders- 6.5%
6 orders- 7%
7 orders- 7.5%
8 orders- 8%
9 orders- 8.5%
10 orders- 9%
11 orders- 10%
12 orders- 11%
13 orders- 12%
14 orders- 13% + Extra Warranty
15 orders or more- 14% + Extra Warranty

Can't get three guys to join? Give us a call to see what types of discounts are available. Rules are subject to change. This offer is available now till November 20th, 2017. You will never see discounts like these so share, share, share.
I've been in the market for a new bigger safe so I'm seriously considering getting in on this deal
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I only saw the link on FB by googling the deal.  It really hard to tell what the discount (price) will be and people are not commenting as in on FB as of yet.  I know they have done group buys in the past, I may go back and see what type of discounts/deals were had there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll keep my eyes open for others trying to get a group buy going on other forums. Obviously, I'd like to get in on a group of at least 15 to get the max discount. I'm sure others share the same view. If I find anything promising I'll share the info. Ideally, 15 from here will commit, but time will tell...
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. I wish I could scrape up the coin for another one
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do they include vault doors?
View Quote
That's unknown, it doesn't say one way or another in their announcement
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I am definitely in for at least 1 (larger) safe.  Possibly two medium ones.   I have been planning on buying a new Sturdy Safe ever since I moved and sold my old one with my house.  Like many, I'm looking to join a list of ~15 people or more.  I'm leaning towards 2 medium safes myself because one safe is for sure going upstairs and I'd rather not test my upstairs tile / subfloor with 1400+ pounds if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do they include vault doors?
View Quote
Yes.  It does say in their post on Facebook that Vaults are included. The small cube safe is excluded.

From their rules posted on Facebook, here is an excerpt:
"6. The Cube safe is excluded. All other safes and vaults apply.
7. The safes or vaults don't need to be delivered to the same place at the same time, although you would save more by doing so. "
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]
You can get a 15% discount just by calling them and ordering the safe instead of ordering it online.

The first safe I bought I got for about 15% off their price on the Internet just by calling them and ordering it
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the discount you can get by calling them varies.  A group buy is a way for a company to get a little help with marketing and give the people buying a safe a break.   I tentatively have about 7 safes on the list so far just by combining forums.  I created a dedicated thread for this November 20th 2017 group buy here.   If you want to buy a Sturdy Safe, please join.  I'm pretty sure that I'm buying 2 safes, myself. I'm definitely buying 1 for sure.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Doesn’t sound like much of a discount.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can get a 15% discount just by calling them [...]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You can get a 15% discount just by calling them [...]
Quoted:
Doesn’t sound like much of a discount.
Double check #4 in Sturdy Safe's Group Buy Information above:
"4. We will lower the cost of the safe if possible. The group buy discount will be in addition to this potential discount. "

I got clarification from Sturdy Safe, and they said that the above about the discount when you call being 15% is simply not true.  They did provide a nice discount for calling them when I bought my first safe, but it wasn't that much.

They confirmed for me that #4 is true:  They will discount the safe if possible for each buyer and then applying the group buy discount on top of that.   So, a buyer can end up with a much greater discount.  (It makes sense to me this is a case by case basis. We aren't buying the same safe, the same options / addons, and some of us may ask for something custom or something extra that isn't in their regular price list.)   They can't predict all the variables that could affect that statement.

Please, feel free to contact Sturdy Safe for clarification on their rules / Group Buy information first before sharing inaccurate analysis of it that might sour other people against them needlessly and inaccurately.  Be nice to them.  They'll be nice to you...  (at least in my experience so far.)

The first time I bought a safe from Terry and Alyssa, I found them to be helpful, patient and accommodating where they could.   I had them do a couple things on my first safe differently that I really liked. They were very willing to answer questions and they are proud of their product and can explain why they are proud of it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Their advertising listed right below the price of each safe that shipping and tax included is bullshit

Their line is shipping included but not free. That's what she told me when I asked about it.

SHIPPING INCLUDED BUT NOT FREE WTF I've never heard that line before

If shipping is not included say so. Up front. Don't listed on their web site that it is. Then add it to the invoice and try to justify it. Luckyly I asked upfront for a invoice of charges.

Look below the price shipping include what would anybody think

Id not known that unless I'd asked for an invoice with a break down of charges.

I'm not say their product is not good. But that their tactics are very misleading.

I believe the group was locked because op did not have permission to do it. Could be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Group buy for his group purchase is over as of today, we got the max discount so it worked out.

Also, the price listed online is the max that you would pay, shipping and tax wont make it extra.  If you call them to inquire about discounts, I believe that if shipping is less than they expect (ie you live close to them) you get some of that money back that they save.  

FYI, PRIOR to the group buy I was quoted a model 4227 with Fire liner at $4,134 when the online price for the same is $4,420.  This is with tax and shipping included.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I did call and got a price and the price was less than online price. But when they mailed me an invoice the
Shipping and tax included quoted on line right below the price is a lie. That is absolutely a misleading and lie statement.

When I emailed them back she said and I quote shipping and tax are included but it's not free

Really they were charging me 350.00 dollars for something they plainly stated right below the price is include. Look at it what would anybody that read that think. Shipping is included in the price quoted. Bullshit........shipping and tax is not included and they should say so. Not mislead the public and try try to sneak it in on the invoice.

So when you call and get a price quote they charge you for shipping and then say shipping is included but not free. Well that's not what it says on line. It plainly gives a price and right below it says shipping included.

I've never heard that line before. ( SHIPPING AND TAX INCLUDED BUT IT'S NOT FREE )

That's a good one.

I'm not making this up look right here and tell me what would any of you think if you read this.

What's it state right below the price and what would anybody think that read it.

Not saying they don't have a good product. But if they lie about that. What else are they lieing about or trying to scam people on. I've lost all trust in anything they say or post on their site. Is that really the basic model without any beefed up modifications they show in the videos. They use the forklifts on or ones modified. I don't know now.

I'm thinking now there's a reason they won't get a rating done on their safes. Because they cant be held accountible without a rating and can do whatever they want or say what they want. I really wanted one. I'm glad I asked for everything in writing up front is all I've got to say.  Because with them no matter what they say nothing is free

If I sound angry it's because I am. I was mislead up to the point I was ready to buy then all these other charges came out. Also this curb side delivery is bullshit. They guaranteed delivery to your sidewalk not to your house. How in the hell would an average person get a 1300 lb safe from their sidewalk up to their garage.

They say the driver if they can will do it. What if you live on a deadend street. What if a tractor trailor cant come down your rd. When I buy something even if I pay for delivery I espect delivery to my house not the sidewalk.

Want it brought to your house and set in your garage that's extra. They call that inhouse setup. Huh in house setup for delivering it to my house and that's an additional charge.  
Really other wise it's totally up to the driver.

What if you have a 50 ft driveway of shell you explain that upfront. Sorry maybe we can help I don't know. Bottom line extra charge to deliver safe to your house other wise it's delivery to the curb/sidewalk not your house.

Your responsible for moving a 900 plus pound safe you now paid a delivery charge that's included but not free to your house yourself

I've never bought anything that was not delivered to your house. I just could not imagine a safe being dropped on the street and being told here you and your stuck with trying to figure out how to move a 1300lb safe to your house even after you paid now for delivery.

Now sometimes the driver does bring it up to your home and sit it in your garage. But what if they don't/or cant because they are pressed for time or don't have the right tool to do it.

Oh well and that's with shipping included but not free charge.

Ask when you buy the safe. Are you getting a curb side delivery or home delivery. Answer is well the driver will bring it to your house if they can or have the time. If not you hsve to move it yourself. Press them on this and ask. Don't be nice about now that since they lied and they are actually charging you for delivery and it really is not included in the price.

Deer_Huntn  

Also, the price listed online is the max that you would pay, shipping and tax wont make it extra. If you call them to inquire about discounts, I believe that if shipping is less than they expect (ie you live close to them) you get some of that money back that they save.
View Quote
Shipping made it more not less. I guess they don't want to ship to Florida she did make a mention about Florida during our conversation. Again read their web page shipping and tax INCLUDED  no where does it say shipoing available at an additional charge. Maybe your definition of included and mine are different. I know for a fact that people in California the definition is different. But when you say you include something in the price it means just that. It's include. Not extra.

Another typical California company scamming people. Besides I thought they were ar15.com sponsors for some reason. That's a major strike against them right there

Further more your group buy was an unauthorized group buy and was not approved here on this forum.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I did call and got a price and the price was less than online price. But when they mailed me an invoice the
Shipping and tax included quoted on line right below the price is a lie. That is absolutely a misleading and lie statement.

When I emailed them back she said and I quote shipping and tax are included but it's not free

Really they were charging me 350.00 dollars for something they plainly stated right below the price is include. Look at it what would anybody that read that think. Shipping is included in the price quoted. Bullshit........shipping and tax is not included and they should say so. Not mislead the public and try try to sneak it in on the invoice.

So when you call and get a price quote they charge you for shipping and then say shipping is included but not free. Well that's not what it says on line. It plainly gives a price and right below it says shipping included.

I've never heard that line before. ( SHIPPING AND TAX INCLUDED BUT IT'S NOT FREE )

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94613/Onthefloorlaffing-152751.gif

That's a good one.

I'm not making this up look right here and tell me what would any of you think if you read this.

What's it state right below the price and what would anybody think that read it.

Not saying they don't have a good product. But if they lie about that. What else are they lieing about or trying to scam people on. I've lost all trust in anything they say or post on their site. Is that really the basic model without any beefed up modifications they show in the videos. They use the forklifts on or ones modified. I don't know now.

I'm thinking now there's a reason they won't get a rating done on their safes. Because they cant be held accountible without a rating and can do whatever they want or say what they want. I really wanted one. I'm glad I asked for everything in writing up front is all I've got to say.  Because with them no matter what they say nothing is free

If I sound angry it's because I am. I was mislead up to the point I was ready to buy then all these other charges came out. Also this curb side delivery is bullshit. They guaranteed delivery to your sidewalk not to your house. How in the hell would an average person get a 1300 lb safe from their sidewalk up to their garage.

They say the driver if they can will do it. What if you live on a deadend street. What if a tractor trailor cant come down your rd. When I buy something even if I pay for delivery I espect delivery to my house not the sidewalk.

Want it brought to your house and set in your garage that's extra. They call that inhouse setup. Huh in house setup for delivering it to my house and that's an additional charge.  

What if you have a 50 ft driveway of shell you explain that upfront. Sorry maybe we can help I don't know. Bottom line extra charge to deliver safe to your house other wise it's delivery to the curb/sidewalk not your house.

Your responsible for moving a 900 plus pound safe you now paid a delivery charge that's included but not free to your house yourself

I've never bought anything that was not delivered to your house. I just could not imagine a safe being dropped on the street and being told here you and your stuck with trying to figure out how to move a 1300lb safe to your house even after you paid now for delivery.

Now sometimes the driver does bring it up to your home and sit it in your garage. But what if they don't/or cant because they are pressed for time or don't have the right tool to do it.

Ask when you buy the safe. Are you getting a curb side delivery or home delivery. Answer is well the driver will bring it to your house if they can or have the time. If not you hsve to move it yourself. Press them on this and ask. Don't be nice about now that since they lied and they are actually charging you for delivery and it really is not included in the price.

Shipping made it more not less. I guess they don't want to ship to Florida she did make a mention about Florida during our conversation. Again read their web page shipping and tax INCLUDED  no where does it say shipoing available at an additional charge. Maybe your definition of included and mine are different. I know for a fact that people in California the definition is different. But when you say you include something in the price it means just that. It's include. Not extra.

Another typical California company scamming people. Besides I thought they were ar15.com sponsors for some reason. That's a major strike against them right there

Further more your group buy was an unauthorized group buy and was not approved here on this forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94613/Onthefloorlaffing-152751.gif

That's a good one.

Quoted:
I know this is an old post. I did a search on safe reviews and found it. I'm buying a new safe. This jimbojones21 that popped up out of no place just to post in this post and it seems this is the only post he ever posted in also. What does that tell everyone here.

He's a safe dealer bashing from mostly what I read a another safe dealer and pushing another safe.

To call Sturdy Safes garbage is about the most ridicule thing I've ever heard on this forum. From my research they are one of the best built safes I've seen. I have zero to do with them to. It just pisses me off to hear another dealer makeup a bogus acct. and dash another site sponsor.

Also there is a hugh difference in say 2800.00 and 10k or even 6k when the difference are minor. If a 10 ton fork lift can pry a door off a pry bar isn't. Either way the things this jimbojones21 said is bullshit along with himself for hiding behind a fake acct.

Not even a paying member and bashing a site sponsor. Ban hammer right there. Does not matter though
If you look at the date this post was started 1-12 and this jimbojones21 registration date to arfcom is 1-13 you know it's a troll acct set up by an existing member/dealer in safes.

This is 10-2017 and last post date of jimbojones21 was 11-1-14

Rockola is correct. I'm no expert but I can read. Sturdy for the money you cant beat. I'm buying one this month. But be sure you call them do not go by prices on web site they are way lower if you call.

But this jimbojones21 you were a joke and ruined a good informative post with your argumentative nonsense. This post was for information and to help with a buying decision. You turned into a who's better B.S. post

I know your still out there under your real user name. You should be banned if caught.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#20]
This was posted before I was lied to. So do not try and twist what I say out of proportion. Also I did say that sturdy probably does make a good product. But in light of being lied to. What else may they have not been forth coming about. They said that forklift test was done with their basic model without any upgrades. Well I don't know about that know. Whose is to say that's true. Them especially since they do not meet any ratings as far as safes go.

Hell they can do whatever they want and claim whatever they want. Thinking about it why push upgraded packages if your safe can withstand a 10 ton forklift on a basic model with no upgrades unless it's a stainless package. I can't trust their videos now.

Originally I wss told I could pay for just adding steel to specific areas on the safe. Instead of buying a package. Like the top or sides. It cost a lot less than buying a package to do this. Try it now.  Heck originally the first safe which was bigger and spec out with upgraded packaged of steel on the sides cost less than the smaller safe they sent me an invoice on. This really stumped me.

No matter went on craigslist there are tons of really great safes for sale at half the cost as new

So don't try to use my own words against me. That post was done before I attempted to order and was hit with all the hidden fees and was told in contrast to what is posted on their web site right below their prices on their safes.

Shipping and Taxes included. But according to them when you order by phone yeah shipping and tax are included but it's damn sure not for free like they insinuate it is on their web site.

Hell they can't even guarantee delivery to your home when you buy it and even pay for shipping now. They only deliver to the street curb not your house. Good luck if your home is 100 yds from the rd and your safe weights 1300 lbs.

This the driver if he's got time will bring it to your house and set it in your garage don't cut it. Especially after finding out they lied and actually do charge you for shipping if you call. So this price discount really is not a discount by the time they add all these hidden fees.

Yeah I was really excited until I actually put pen to paper and git teady to buy and had them put everything in writing and email me invoices of actual cost break down.

That bubble burt real fast when I saw what game they were playing.

I see what game your playing to buy posting that post before I got the invoice emailed to me.

I'd read some place they were a site sponsor apparently that post was wrong. They may have been at one time maybe who knows.  I still go by my comments on that phantom poster though. He appeared just for that post and pretty much disappears afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]
But anyways I'm done with Sturdy Safes and their nonsense and lies. I'm subscribing from this post so I'll not be responding to it again.

So now you can really defend them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Deleted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top