Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2017 9:18:42 PM EDT
People here have steered me to Reolink.  I'm just wondering how well the night vision works.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6KUKMY?tag=vglnk-c102-20&th=1
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
With ambient light from the neighbors:
Attachment Attached File

Absolutely no light at all on this side.
Attachment Attached File

ETA: Just realized this is from the auto set up, so 720p, that was screen capped, so in reality, probably not even 720p, when these cameras actually get 1440p.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

This is zoomed in on my phone with my front driveway lights on.

Attachment Attached File

Screenshot from the app and these have almost no ambient lighting.

I'll add that these are both from my phone and I can't stream them in HD because I have shitty internet out in the country.  The HD stream on the computer/TV is much better quality.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
the camera has IR LEDs, you can see the reflections and the "hot" zone near the camera.
use your cell phone camera to look at the cameras and they will show a "hot" spot, ie IR Leds,
good, quality, not true night vision.
they look like they will get the job done
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have that exact setup (Reolink 8cameras) and will be installing it tomorrow.  I can give u an update afterwards.   Its the final step in securing my house.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I use additional IR spots in areas where I need more IR light outside to see farther
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top