Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2017 2:26:27 PM EDT
My bosses house has a camera system that was put in probably about 7-10 years ago.  Its an analog system with 7 cameras covering the house and 4 cameras on a shop building about 30 yards away from the house.  Instead of a DVR box their is a power supply box in a bedroom and then the video lines collect into a couple of serial plugs that then plug into a board on a PC tower, which acts as the DVR and control.  Software is Nuuo.  Cameras are SeeStation brand bullet cameras.

The current issues are bad cameras and bad control system.  The computer is a PITA, now has some ransomware-type popup that takes a bit to get to go way, and has issues with recording reliably.  Also, the software used to allow for remote access/viewing via an iPhone app but that started having issues a few years ago and the guy who installed it couldn't fix it(remote viewing aspect).

I know that modern camera are so much better but at the moment, I don't want to completely replace the existing system and rewire everything with CAT5.  What I would like to do is replace the computer-type setup with a dedicated DVR/control box, particularly one that allows remote access via an iPhone app.  I have found many options but wanted to know what people would recommend.  Cost is a factor because I'm going to work on her to replace the system but I would guess it will probably be 2 years until that happens.  I don't want to buy a really nice one just to junk it in 2 years.

I would also like the replace the 3 cameras that are no longer working with models that are compatible with the existing cameras and whatever new DVR/control box I buy.  Preferably also similar style and with equivalent or better resolution.  I know analog is outdated but I just want to limp this system along for a few years until she's willing to do a total replacement and I'm able to spend the time to rewire everything with CAT5.  

Here are the specs on the current cameras:
"SeeStation SS-1141SNH
1/3' Sony Color CCD 480TVL, 0 LUX(F1.2 IR:on)
4-9mm Manual varifocal lens
External Lens Adjustments
30M IR distance 36 PCS LED
Cable Concealed inside of unique swivel bracket
IP66 DX 12V White case"

1:  What DVR options would you recommend? (with amazon or other retailer links if possible)

2:  What cameras would you recommend?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anyone here will know what a SeeStation camera is.   It's re-branded low end China stuff that a local Tulsa business sold / sells.    The NUUO card was good when it was originally put in the computer and I like it mostly.   If your installer can't make it work then they should not be allowed to work on it again.    Are all the cameras Coax or are any of them IP?    If you are wanting to make it work again I'd make sure there are not any installed licenses in the system and then wipe the computer and re-install everything starting with the operating system and then the most recent version of NUUO Mainconsole.  That would get you going again on the recorder side (assuming the hardware is good).

Another option would be to get a digital over analog recorder (TVI / SDI) like the HIKvision Tribrid.   It would work with the current operational cameras and you could replace the broken ones with newer TurboHD cameras all the way up to 5MP using the wire already installed.

I buy the OEM USA HIK stuff from a local wholesaler but if your in Tulsa you could go to Nelly's (everyone seems to love them I wouldn't know) and get the white box stuff

Let me know if you have any other ??

Ty-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top