Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2017 6:52:04 PM EDT
Battery is fairly new.   Was in a hurry and no more than punched the 6 digit code in and tried turning the opening lever pretty much at the same time.  Lever would not open.  

When I get home from work tomorrow, gonna try a different battery.   If that doesn't work, call locksmith time?   Maybe have him put on a dial type opener?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Harbor Freight. $19 grinder and 15 minutes. There is a you tube video if you need further instruction.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Jiggle the handle to keep drag off of the deadbolt, I've seen Safe electronic dead bolts not retract with even a slight drag on them.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Take out old battery for several minutes.  Install new battery.  Enter code making sure that you're slowly and deliberately hitting each combination number and that it takes.  Listen for lock to unlock.  Turn handle.

If it doesn't work the first time, try that same process a second time, except place pressure on the handle as if you were locking it while you do it.

If that doesn't work, I suspect bad keypad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Normally I am patient and take my time doing stuff.    Opening the safe, letting the computer boot up fully until doing stuff with it, etc.

But I was in a hurry and without thinking, typed in my code and at the same time was turning the opening lever for the door.   Trying to figure out if that might have had something to do with it.

Thanks for the suggestions.   Will try them tomorrow when I get home.    Calling the manufacturer after that if it doesn't work.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Good greef, I'm such a drama queen.    Put in new battery and it works fine now.

Guess the old battery didn't have quite enuf juice left in it to move the solenoid gizmo, even tho the keypad beeped normally.

Thanks for the help.   Found it VERY disturbing being locked out.    *_*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top