Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked The Gun Room Picture Thread (Page 26 of 31)
Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mban2:
Since photobuxket absolutely destroyed this thread... let's get this going again!  I need some inspiration!!!
View Quote
I’ll have concrete floor and framing starts next week and I’ll try to motivate you.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I just joined the site to view this thread for gun room ideas and it is literally unusable thanks to photobucket...
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vikingr:
I just joined the site to view this thread for gun room ideas and it is literally unusable thanks to photobucket...
View Quote
It really is disappointing.  This thread always served as a great source of inspiration for alot of people and was also very entertaining to thumb through every few months or so.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Why people used photobucket garbage the first place is beyond me.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TacticalHeater:
View Quote
Why not? It was free, easy and worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 11:33:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalHeater] [#6]
Originally Posted By NCCobra:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCCobra:
Worked like a charm?  It did?   Easy? Really?

Try Imgur next time.   They never had the restrictions, accounts, limits, etc etc

I never once recall a good time to have used photobucket.... this thread is proof of that concept.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 12:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#7]
Worked like a charm?  It did?   Easy? Really?
Try Imgur next time.   They never had the restrictions, accounts, limits, etc etc
I never once recall a good time to have used photobucket.... this thread is proof of that concept.
View Quote
If you had a paid account before ~2 years ago, it worked great.
The recent site updates hobbled it, and the new pay scale killed it entirely.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:20:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DashDot] [#8]
Update:
Looking into the room
Attachment Attached File

Looking out
Attachment Attached File

My FEMA holes
Attachment Attached File

Slowly coming along. I’ll fir out the walls 1.5” to run electrical.
Room is about 16’ square. I need to figure out the best bench set up. One wall will be slatboard for hanging Guns. The drain is for a small sink and a dehumidifier drain.

Here’s the sink I’m thinking about.

Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#9]
nice progress
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep it coming.  That's exciting.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TXBO:
Keep it coming.  That's exciting.
View Quote
Goddamned slow process. Should be framing upstairs next week. The decking is almost done. I wont have many updates now until its closed in and I can get in and start wiring etc.

Need to pick a flooring also.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]

The only part of my humble room that is worth showing. The rest is just a TV and a safe or two.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]

better pic.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Dash_ISpy:

Goddamned slow process. Should be framing upstairs next week. The decking is almost done. I wont have many updates now until its closed in and I can get in and start wiring etc.

Need to pick a flooring also.
View Quote
Is the concrete sealed? If not, I would look in to a company called U-Coat It. They make a 3 part coating for concrete. I used it in my garage and the stuff is awesome. I didnt end up using that in my room since I didnt have a good way of getting water out of there once I washed/prepped the floor. It's pricey but worth the money.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 3:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Patrick303] [#15]
Previously I kept my gun safe in my attached garage.  I just moved into a new house in a metropolitan area and only have a detached garage, so I needed to come up with a new solution.  Just so happens that our master bedroom included a large walk-in closet and a small corner closet.  I decided to turn the corner closet into the gun closet.  It's definitely not as grand as some of the gun rooms in this thread, but I thought I'd share.  You can still see the stripe across the middle where I removed a shelf and haven't bothered to repaint.

I know this isn't as secure as a good safe, but my primary goal is to make it difficult to breach during a smash-n-grab type burglary.  My dog + security system should prevent thieves with the proper tools from having the time to cut through the wall or whatever.  I've added security hinges with non-removable pins and safety latch and a bio-metric lock to the door for quick access.  I didn't want to swap out the door for a solid core and lose the aesthetic appearance, so I may explore options of attaching sheet metal to the inside for more security.

Exterior lock:

Gun closet with Gallowtech cabinetry:

Always a work in progress.  I'll probably hang one more panel at the top with more shelves. I could also hang panels on the sides for hooks or small bins if I run out of space.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:

Is the concrete sealed? If not, I would look in to a company called U-Coat It. They make a 3 part coating for concrete. I used it in my garage and the stuff is awesome. I didnt end up using that in my room since I didnt have a good way of getting water out of there once I washed/prepped the floor. It's pricey but worth the money.
View Quote
The outer walls are waterproofed. What part are you talking about? I hadn’t planned to do any waterproofing interior. I’ll have a heater and dehumidifier inside.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Patrick303:
Previously I kept my gun safe in my attached garage.  I just moved into a new house in a metropolitan area and only have a detached garage, so I needed to come up with a new solution.  Just so happens that our master bedroom included a large walk-in closet and a small corner closet.  I decided to turn the corner closet into the gun closet.  It's definitely not as grand as some of the gun rooms in this thread, but I thought I'd share.  You can still see the stripe across the middle where I removed a shelf and haven't bothered to repaint.

I know this isn't as secure as a good safe, but my primary goal is to make it difficult to breach during a smash-n-grab type burglary.  My dog + security system should prevent thieves with the proper tools from having the time to cut through the wall or whatever.  I've added security hinges with non-removable pins and safety latch and a bio-metric lock to the door for quick access.  I didn't want to swap out the door for a solid core and lose the aesthetic appearance, so I may explore options of attaching sheet metal to the inside for more security.

Exterior lock:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4577/24917574388_bd6caf6e3d_c.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4538/38790331771_39411b7ebc_c.jpg

Always a work in progress.  I'll probably hang one more panel at the top with more shelves. I could also hang panels on the sides for hooks or small bins if I run out of space.
View Quote
Nice setup.

However, that lock gives away that you probably have valuables there.  Is there any lock that looks like the other locks you have in your house but will feel "broken"?  Like if you try to open it it spins freely and does not unlock.  Only unlocks if you either use a special pin or something else.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#18]

The outer walls are waterproofed. What part are you talking about? I hadn’t planned to do any waterproofing interior. I’ll have a heater and dehumidifier inside.
View Quote
Sorry, I was referring to the floor. I was suggesting that you look into that epoxy coating, unless of course you were wanting to do wood/tile, etc..
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Sorry, I was referring to the floor. I was suggesting that you look into that epoxy coating, unless of course you were wanting to do wood/tile, etc..  
View Quote
Oh gotcha. Still trying to figure that out. I’m thinking about industrial vinyl in some pattern. I’ve got time though so I’m still looking.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Exterior lock:

View Quote
Solid core door + expanded metal sheet and plywood on the inside of the closet.  The only tool needed to get through that hollow core door or the walls around it is a foot and a a good kick or two right now.  As previously mentioned that lock actually screams "LOOK IN HERE"
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:37:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Orion_Shall_Rise] [#21]
Originally Posted By Rossi:

Nice setup.

However, that lock gives away that you probably have valuables there.  Is there any lock that looks like the other locks you have in your house but will feel "broken"?  Like if you try to open it it spins freely and does not unlock.  Only unlocks if you either use a special pin or something else.
View Quote
hmm interesting idea, would fit in more in an older house
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Rossi:

Nice setup.

View Quote
That is a cool idea, but I haven't seen anything like that, at least not in the handle style in my house.  Wish there was a product to turn a standard handle into something like that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#23]

That is a cool idea, but I haven't seen anything like that, at least not in the handle style in my house.  Wish there was a product to turn a standard handle into something like that.
View Quote
I'd ditch that door handle, and get the flattest single cylinder deadbolt for the door I could find.  Buy a cheap bookcase that will conceal the door frame and some furniture sliders to put it on.

A hollow door isn't going to provide much security; you may be better off trying to conceal it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Exterior lock:

View Quote
Looks good. Maybe consider putting a mirror over it to disguise it a little?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Helping keep this thread alive.

The entrance to 250 square feet of pure war room goodness.

Link Posted: 12/25/2017 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Helping keep this thread alive.

The entrance to 250 square feet of pure war room goodness.

https://i.imgur.com/EClfxPR.jpg
View Quote
Sounds like exactly what I’m building. 16x16ish. More pics?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 9:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#27]
Realized I never updated. Room is completely cinderblocked.

Link Posted: 12/26/2017 12:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SERVED_USMC] [#28]

Sounds like exactly what I’m building. 16x16ish. More pics?
View Quote
It's roughly 20' x 13'. Interior of the room got drywall, flooring, trim, etc..

ETA picture.

This is one of the short walls I dedicated to the reloading junk. The other short wall is all Gallowtech panels (same as above the bench) with most of the guns. The 2 long walls are mostly unused at the moment. I need to hang up the TV and security camera monitor and I've got a love seat on the other wall next to the door. I plan on ordering some more Gallowtech stuff to make a spot for everything that doesnt currently have one. The ceiling is concrete, but some 2x2 furring strip and 870 tapcons later I had a place to secure drywall.

Link Posted: 12/26/2017 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#29]

ETA picture.

This is one of the short walls I dedicated to the reloading junk. The other short wall is all Gallowtech panels (same as above the bench) with most of the guns. The 2 long walls are mostly unused at the moment. I need to hang up the TV and security camera monitor and I've got a love seat on the other wall next to the door. I plan on ordering some more Gallowtech stuff to make a spot for everything that doesnt currently have one. The ceiling is concrete, but some 2x2 furring strip and 870 tapcons later I had a place to secure drywall.

https://i.imgur.com/ASUQUgW.jpg
View Quote
That’s really cool. We are roofing this week so i have some time still. Once it’s all closed in i can get work on the Sheetrock, benches and lighting.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#30]

ETA picture.

https://i.imgur.com/ASUQUgW.jpg
View Quote
More pics plz  
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#31]
My submission.  Our house has a suspended 3-car garage.  This is the room underneath.  It's my workshop, gun room, reloading room, preps storage room, air rifle range (haven't done that in a long time though) and tornado shelter.  The door is currently a solid core wood door with 3/4" plywood attached, with a single deadbolt and locking knob.  I'm going to add a way to brace it shut with 2x4s in the near future.  I want an actual vault door, but that isn't in the budget anytime soon  I need to clean and organize thoroughly too, but I have several ongoing projects I'm working on.  I just retrieved my hunting clothes/gear from the in-laws' farm, so that needs put away too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:26:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I LOVE this thread!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 170Driver:
I LOVE this thread!!
View Quote
This thread cost me $1,000 in extra concrete and an upcoming Vault door.

I wish i could update faster but I’m waiting to get dried in before i can do anything in my Concrete room.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Finished up my winter project which was moving my guns from the basement (which was pegboard and literally fold-out plastic tables) to upstairs and building a bench and shelving.

Started with the rack...

Then built the bench and just finished the shelving yesterday. Just need to pick up a dehumidifier before the end of winter.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#35]

I wish i could update faster but I’m waiting to get dried in before i can do anything in my Concrete room.
View All Quotes
I LOVE this thread!!

Hahaha, it seems like Arfcom has that effect on a lot of us! I look forward to seeing the finished pics!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Hahaha, it seems like Arfcom has that effect on a lot of us! I look forward to seeing the finished pics!
View All Quotes
I LOVE this thread!!

I hear ya. I had a few people give me a bunch of good info before we built. Cost me a decent chunk of change, but still worth every penny!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 2:31:21 AM EDT
[#37]

I hear ya. I had a few people give me a bunch of good info before we built. Cost me a decent chunk of change, but still worth every penny!
View Quote
Oh I believe it. Judging from your pictures, it looks like it is money well spent! I may be a little jealous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Commurado:

More pics plz  
View Quote
I bought a 55" 4K for the bedroom, so I mounted the 42" in the boom room.

*shameless teaser pic of gun wall

Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#39]

I bought a 55" 4K for the bedroom, so I mounted the 42" in the boom room.

*shameless teaser pic of gun wall

https://i.imgur.com/Yp6JPwM.jpg
View Quote
Show me the money!!!!

Link Posted: 1/6/2018 11:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skiwithnoskis] [#40]
@Served_USMC

Looks like another quality Doug Smith door.  Just had one identical to that installed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:18:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SERVED_USMC] [#41]
Originally Posted By Skiwithnoskis:
@Served_USMC

Looks like another quality Doug Smith door.  Just had one identical to that installed.
View Quote
It is! There’s more than a couple people on this board that have them. I picked mine up based on other members suggestions.

ETA: While Im here...

Link Posted: 1/8/2018 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#42]

It is! There’s more than a couple people on this board that have them. I picked mine up based on other members suggestions.

ETA: While Im here...

https://i.imgur.com/7ecWBTl.jpg
View Quote
Give me mooooooore!

Looks amazing from what you're showing us!

Someday I'll have something like that...  someday
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 2:39:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SERVED_USMC] [#43]
The lack of posts in this thread makes me sad.

Here's a chunk of the Gallowtech wall. They have enough hangers and attachments that the entire system is very versatile. I've got some of their vertical rifle magwell hangers heading my way to try out. It'll be a much better use of the space I've got and give me some more real estate for things that are currently laying on the floor. This is a little budget pistol that I built from black friday sales. It's shoots pretty well for what it is. It is definitely getting a trigger upgrade, but I may just leave the irons on it instead of putting a red dot on there.

Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:17:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDE_diesel] [#44]
Here is the start of my vault room.  It's about 12x10.  The rest of the house is currently in drywall.. should be finished up around mid-May.

Solid 3000psi concrete in the CMU with rebar horizontally every other course and vertically every other brick.

Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FDE_diesel:
Here is the start of my vault room.  It's about 12x10.  The rest of the house is currently in drywall.. should be finished up around mid-May.

Solid 3000psi concrete in the CMU with rebar horizontally every other course and vertically every other brick.

https://i.imgur.com/8jLdkJp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8Djt18j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZXEKmxQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KxYm1hG.jpg
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:49:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#46]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MrRecon:
Added some camo netting as man decoration

http://www.mg-monkey.com/Misc_Images/20180128_144232.jpg
View Quote
Can't see your pic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:17:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#48]
Originally Posted By mitsuman47:
Can't see your pic.
View Quote
Sorry, uploaded on my Mac in the Mancave and didn't realize the file was huge. Went to my PC in the house and changed it. Hopefully you should see it now. Please let me know if you can't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MrRecon:

Sorry, uploaded on my Mac in the Mancave and didn't realize the file was huge. Went to my PC in the house and changed it. Hopefully you should see it now. Please let me know if you can't.
View Quote
Works now.

Looks good!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:10:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DashDot] [#50]
What are you guys with larger Vault/gun rooms using for lights? I have a 16x16 room that I’m thinking of going with 6 x 6” can lights. I want to make sure i have plenty of good bright workable light.

The ceiling is 8’ 10” and I’ll be sheetrocking with a gap for lighting but would like to keep the ceiling as high as possible.

Something like this. 5k 100w equivalent or so.

Page / 31
Tacked The Gun Room Picture Thread (Page 26 of 31)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top