Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2017 4:50:49 PM EDT
Have a 556XI Russian that I just received my tax stamp (SBR) for. Trying to remove the nut or ring holding on the pistol tube. Won't budge. Two of us with a pipe wrench cant get it to budge. If I remove the pin in the hinge can I take the whole thing off?  I'm really beginning to HATE SIG!!! I feel like I've been fucked on the 551A1, 556, 556XI and the MCX. Even the P320. Outside of the 226 and 220 Sig has failed at every gun hey have produced.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't take this the wrong way but no one is forcing you to buy Sig products. I for one love my MCX and MPX, my two favorite guns.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Im right there with you OP.  Disgusted.

But in all fairness I do not remember hearing anything bad about their revolutionary M400.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to admit the M400 is very good. I'm really pissed because all the time I had the 551A1, 556, 556XI I called all the time and ask to buy spare parts for each after I bought each of them. I was told by Sig every time can't sell any parts right now but later. On every gun after it was discontinued I called back and no surprise they told me each time we don't have any parts for that gun, over and over again. Can't find any parts now for any of them. I like the MCX too but even that has had a big recall. I'm just not buying any more Sig long guns because they never seem to support them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't have to buy them...

I read the countless horror stories.  I'm not going to buy any of their crap.

I almost bought an MPX when they first came out, so close.  I wanted a factory SBR, by the time I found one they were releasing the gen 2 guns.

Same with the P320.  I thought about getting one of the suppressor ready Tacops....triggers going off when dropped.

Seems like there's a new MCX every month.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig 716 was one of the most accurate .308 semi's I ever shot, never a single problem with it. Other than 13 lbs with a heavy 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 716 and it did shoot very well the one time I fired it. Then they came out with the gen 2.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to admit the M400 is very good. I'm really pissed because all the time I had the 551A1, 556, 556XI I called all the time and ask to buy spare parts for each after I bought each of them. I was told by Sig every time can't sell any parts right now but later. On every gun after it was discontinued I called back and no surprise they told me each time we don't have any parts for that gun, over and over again. Can't find any parts now for any of them. I like the MCX too but even that has had a big recall. I'm just not buying any more Sig long guns because they never seem to support them.
View Quote
The BCG recall on the MCX is bogus IMO. I did not and will not send mine back so that AR parts no longer fit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have a 556XI Russian that I just received my tax stamp (SBR) for. Trying to remove the nut or ring holding on the pistol tube. Won't budge. Two of us with a pipe wrench cant get it to budge. If I remove the pin in the hinge can I take the whole thing off?  I'm really beginning to HATE SIG!!! I feel like I've been fucked on the 551A1, 556, 556XI and the MCX. Even the P320. Outside of the 226 and 220 Sig has failed at every gun hey have produced.
View Quote

1. You just received your tax stamp on a weekend when Sig's customer support is closed and because you feel you must put a stock on it today you're going to break out incorrect tools (a dam pipe wrench) for the job and you begin to force parts to come a part with two people and possibly enough torque to bend a receiver.

2. You're so clueless you don't know if the nut you're trying to remove is/isn't permanently attached by Sig yet you couldn't just let it wait until Monday when you can call Sig and get guidance from them rather than dick up a gun you just SBR'd like an idiot.

3. You're too foolish to figure out that if you just use a punch all you need is a few very lite taps to pop the pin out and the entire butt plate will come off.

4. You should have called Sig ahead of time while you where waiting on your stamp to find out if the pistol tube was permanently attached. That way if it was you could secure parts ASA F'ing P for a now discontinued rifle that you've SBR'd which you are now trying your best to jack up.

5. You're now blaming Sig for your errors. I had no issues changing my stock out, it takes about 3 minutes and doesn't require a pipe wrench.

Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]
My stock was a pistol Sig brace which has no pin. It just screws in and is so tight it did take a pipe wrench to get it off finally. I was not going to take it off until I received my stamp not knowing if it would be approved. And considering that there are no parts available for the Sig 556XI now I did not want to take a chance and take it off until then in case I wanted to sell it if the stamp was denied.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally have a 556 Patrol/SBR and a 556xi Russian SBR. These two took forever to get working correctly, and required a professional gunsmith to convert and get working.

I like these two (unsupported) Sig rifles, but I won't ever buy another.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#11]
US made sig products are crap.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My stock was a pistol Sig brace which has no pin. It just screws in and is so tight it did take a pipe wrench to get it off finally. I was not going to take it off until I received my stamp not knowing if it would be approved. And considering that there are no parts available for the Sig 556XI now I did not want to take a chance and take it off until then in case I wanted to sell it if the stamp was denied.
View Quote
Based on what you've already said I don't believe that.

Quoted:
If I remove the pin in the hinge can I take the whole thing off?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why wouldn't you be approved?

So you don't know how to disassemble your firearm, you didn't ask Sig or anyone how your firearm is assembled before buying it, You didn't investigate how easy it would be to make into an SBR before sending the paperwork, and you're on here mad that it was assembled tight so that it wouldn't come apart on its own??
Sounds like Sig really screwed you over
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
US made sig products are crap.
View Quote
If you're the type of guy that probably breaks out a sledgehammer to change his windshield whippers due to being easily frustrated and over eager then maybe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's like saying " I feel like I've been fucked on the Vega, Chevette, and Corvair.......Chevrolet has failed at every car they have produced"

You are looking at/ buying the wrong SIG products.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I have several SIG products and like them but after the MPX debacle i.e., never addressing Gen 1 issues, CH flop, etc., I'm not buying anymore of their stuff, I emailed them
and I'm sure they've read a shitload of posts on this forum, they had a chance to make it right and didn't. Not to mention said recalls of late. I'm sure they won't miss
my business and I don't give a rat's ass, plenty of people that have great customer service to buy from.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#17]
no offense, but I learned my lesson after just two 556 products.  I had plans to SBR a 556xi with different calibers, ended up getting a stamp refund once it became obvious Sig would no longer support the 556xi.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
no offense, but I learned my lesson after just two 556 products.  I had plans to SBR a 556xi with different calibers, ended up getting a stamp refund once it became obvious Sig would no longer support the 556xi.
View Quote
Sig has already shipped more legacy MCX rifles than the total production for all 556 series rifle made by Sig Sauer Inc during all years of production.  I would be harder for Sig to abandon so many customers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sig has already shipped more legacy MCX rifles than the total production for all 556 series rifle made by Sig Sauer Inc during all years of production.  I would be harder for Sig to abandon so many customers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But yet they continue to do so with zero ph-ucks given
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
My Sig Swat....has been very reliable....
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#21]
So I shouldn't buy a 553?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top