Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2017 9:08:00 PM EDT
Anyone know what the twist rate is on Sig Manufacturer Part #: CALX-MCX-16B-300B?

Is this the original barrel contour or new heavier "Virtus" contour?

Does this kit include a bolt?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know what the twist rate is on Sig Manufacturer Part #: CALX-MCX-16B-300B?

Is this the original barrel contour or new heavier "Virtus" contour?

Does this kit include a bolt?

Thanks!
View Quote

16" 300BO will have 1:6.  9" and shorter will have 1:5.

This is the original contour.  Virtus part number is: CALX-MCX-16B-300-TAP

It will not include a bolt from the factory.  The Virtus barrels WILL include a bolt.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a 16" 300BLK kit for my standard MCX a few months ago.  It came with a bolt.

All pictures of the cal-x-kit in the catalog show a bolt included.  And for what they are charging, it should be included.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered a 16" 300BLK kit for my standard MCX a few months ago.  It came with a bolt.

All pictures of the cal-x-kit in the catalog show a bolt included.  And for what they are charging, it should be included.
View Quote
I was told the same thing by somebody at Sig CS - that the kits come with a bolt.

Coregon are you sure they do not?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Neither of my cal x-change kits came with a bolt. I had both the 9" 300blk kit and 11.5" 5.56 kit and both times I only got a barrel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was told the same thing by somebody at Sig CS - that the kits come with a bolt.

Coregon are you sure they do not?
View Quote
Going forward, they will come with a bolt.

In the past, they have not come with a bolt.  It doesn't mean there weren't some that went out with a bolt, but as a general rule, the Legacy CALX will NOT come with a bolt.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#6]
OK I got a new 16" 300 Blackout barrel this past week. Corregon you are correct - it did not come with a bolt.

It went together fine - install was a breeze. It runs 100% with 3 different types of supersonic and one type of subsonic ammo.

However - it feels over gassed when shooting supersonic ammo. You can really feel the carrier smacking the plastic buffer. I only ran it on the "-" setting and it even runs subsonic ammo reliably on that setting.

This is strange considering that the 5.56 barrel in this gun is smooth as can be and perfectly gassed on the "-" setting. The 5.56 barrel is much more pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OK I got a new 16" 300 Blackout barrel this past week. Corregon you are correct - it did not come with a bolt.

It went together fine - install was a breeze. It runs 100% with 3 different types of supersonic and one type of subsonic ammo.

However - it feels over gassed when shooting supersonic ammo. You can really feel the carrier smacking the plastic buffer. I only ran it on the "-" setting and it even runs subsonic ammo reliably on that setting.

This is strange considering that the 5.56 barrel in this gun is smooth as can be and perfectly gassed on the "-" setting. The 5.56 barrel is much more pleasant to shoot.
View Quote
Call Sig and ask them to send you the bolt.  The kits come with them.  You paid for it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Coregon I have a question about MCX barrels. Are these still hammer forged? Is the chamber hammer forged as well or is it cut?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]
My 300 BO kit didn’t come with a bolt and it was directly ordered from SiG.  Why would it need a new bolt?  ARs and other guns use the same bolt for 5.56 and 300 BO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My 300 BO kit didn’t come with a bolt and it was directly ordered from SiG.  Why would it need a new bolt?  ARs and other guns use the same bolt for 5.56 and 300 BO.
View Quote
Because that is how they advertise the kit in their marketing materials.  If you don't want the spare bolt you paid for I guess it does not matter.

In practical terms I would think the bolt is matched to the barrel but it's Sig and it probably isn't.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because that is how they advertise the kit in their marketing materials.  If you don't want the spare bolt you paid for I guess it does not matter.

In practical terms I would think the bolt is matched to the barrel but it's Sig and it probably isn't.
View Quote
Where is the official Sig document that says the 300 BO conversion for the legacy MCX comes with a new bolt?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where is the official Sig document that says the 300 BO conversion for the legacy MCX comes with a new bolt?
View Quote
Page 110 of the 2017 catalog

http://html5.dcatalog.com/Default.aspx?docid=f2593e6b-bc3c-408a-94f0-a6fe00f6b421#page=110

Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Page 110 of the 2017 catalog

http://html5.dcatalog.com/Default.aspx?docid=f2593e6b-bc3c-408a-94f0-a6fe00f6b421#page=110

https://imgur.com/a/Z1cKW
View Quote
I found a printed copy of the catalog and you are correct not only does it say the bolt is included - it is in the picture.

I called Sig Customer service and they said "contents are subject to change" and then offered to sell me a bolt at a discounted price of $99 and change.

I am not really sure what to think about Sig Sauer any more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I found a printed copy of the catalog and you are correct not only does it say the bolt is included - it is in the picture.

I called Sig Customer service and they said "contents are subject to change" and then offered to sell me a bolt at a discounted price of $99 and change.

I am not really sure what to think about Sig Sauer any more.
View Quote
Yeah.  They suck.

This may have been printed before the carriage assembly fiasco when they were using standard AR parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top