BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone else might have better ballistics information, but from what I've read anyway, you should be good out to around 100 yards with barnes 110gr expanding ammo out of the Rattler.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks.
That was actually part of my question that I forgot to add, what kind of usable range would the 5.5" barrel have Vs say, a 8"?

I really like the idea of the rattler guess I'm worried 5.5" may be too short for what I wanna do with it.
Someone else might have better ballistics information, but from what I've read anyway, you should be good out to around 100 yards with barnes 110gr expanding ammo out of the Rattler.
My ballistics app says I have a bit over 100m of expansion range with TAC-TX.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My Form 1 (with stamp attached this time) came back this week.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My Form 1 (with stamp attached this time) came back this week.

https://i.imgur.com/OKwukF7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RBbrhq6.jpg
View Quote
Awesome. Where did you buy your stock?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Awesome. Where did you buy your stock?
View Quote
I got that one from SIG, but I'm considering giving the Parker Mountain Machine Ultra Light stock a try.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
You have to remove and use your existing knuckle as PMM doesn't provide one.  Otherwise, I'd already have one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You have to remove and use your existing knuckle as PMM doesn't provide one.  Otherwise, I'd already have one.
View Quote
I'm hoping they release their stock hinge, with the built in rear center QD socket soon.  I asked them about it last week, it got sidelined for some other projects, but they hope to have them out shortly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
:thumbsup
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Got one of these in today, and am happy to report they're now shipping with a nice 300BLK PMAG, and a revised, side folder brace. It's polymer, super lightweight. Comes with a velcro strap, I just removed it.

Only downside is the brace itself freely spins 360 degrees. Called sig, they said it's supposed to....

Need a suppressor. Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got one of these in today, and am happy to report they're now shipping with a nice 300BLK PMAG, and a revised, side folder brace. It's polymer, super lightweight. Comes with a velcro strap, I just removed it.

Only downside is the brace itself freely spins 360 degrees. Called sig, they said it's supposed to....

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4911/31328691207_e82cc75b87_h.jpg
View Quote
You said you removed the Velcro strap from the arm brace? If that is the case, you might want to rethink that before you commit a federal offense by altering the arm brace.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You said you removed the Velcro strap from the arm brace? If that is the case, you might want to rethink that before you commit a federal offense by altering the arm brace.
View Quote
Relax, it was for the photo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Is this a SIG product brace they just came out with? Is there a link for it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Finally picked up a conversion kit.  I had an extra SBRd Spikes Compressor lower (love this lower) waiting in the wings for the right SBR set-up and this was it.  It feels a little weird putting a Sig upper on a Spikes lower but with this combo it feels like I am getting the best of both worlds.

Waiting on a minimalist stock (no where to be found right now) so the thin stock will have to do in the meantime.

My 7.62 can is a Silencerco Saker.  Has anyone used a Saker on their Rattler?  I need to buy another ASR muzzle brake then I will be ready for a range trip.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4911/31328691207_e82cc75b87_h.jpg
View Quote
Can you weigh this unloaded with mag?

I handled the rattler when they first came out, however they were unreasonably heavy and was not a fan of the collapsible brace. Now that they have this configuration out, I am teetering between a Q Honey Badger and a Rattler. I like the weight and build of the Q, however the footprint the Rattler offers with this brace is unmatched. Even smaller than a MP5 or Scorpion but rifle performance.

Also how is the blowback suppressed compared to others? Any Sig MIM parts breaking like their P365s?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Several of you guys are starting to see these at retail, but wanted to post a few pics.  These are the new SIG braces - they'll be shipping on Rattlers and MPX-k, for sure.  Others pistol models, probably.

It is polymer, as opposed to steel.  Weight savings and all that.  It does "spin", this is to better assist when strapping to your arm - anyone who's ever used a brace, understands that the gun is actually canted ~45-degrees when using.  This has several advantages when using the brace.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:57:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Several of you guys are starting to see these at retail, but wanted to post a few pics.  These are the new SIG braces - they'll be shipping on Rattlers and MPX-k, for sure.  Others pistol models, probably.

It is polymer, as opposed to steel.  Weight savings and all that.  It does "spin", this is to better assist when strapping to your arm -
View Quote
Does the polymer feel sturdy on these?  I saw several people complaining the new SB FS1913 felt pretty flimsy.   How freely does it spin? Does it just flop around?  Overall do you like it? Is the minimalist also polymer?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone have an idea when the minimalist stock will be back in stock? Can’t find one anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does the polymer feel sturdy on these?  I saw several people complaining the new SB FS1913 felt pretty flimsy.  Yes.  Its extremely sturdy, not flimsy in the least.  

How freely does it spin? Does it just flop around?  No, it doesn't flop around or spin "freely".  There is still enough friction there to keep it in place, until you physically move it.  

Overall do you like it?  I think it's our best brace yet.  

Is the minimalist also polymer? No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is polymer, as opposed to steel.  Weight savings and all that.  It does "spin", this is to better assist when strapping to your arm -
Does the polymer feel sturdy on these?  I saw several people complaining the new SB FS1913 felt pretty flimsy.  Yes.  Its extremely sturdy, not flimsy in the least.  

How freely does it spin? Does it just flop around?  No, it doesn't flop around or spin "freely".  There is still enough friction there to keep it in place, until you physically move it.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Get on the back order list at Midway USA That's what I did. But I'm using the PMM stock now. I like it better.

Quoted:
Does anyone have an idea when the minimalist stock will be back in stock? Can’t find one anywhere.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sig has them in stock.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/minimalist-plus-folding-stock-mcx-mpx.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn. Thanks. I thought I had been checking often.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Get on the back order list at Midway USA That's what I did. But I'm using the PMM stock now. I like it better.

Just asked.  Their hinge isn’t available yet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
No it isn't. I'm using a sig hinge from one of my other folders. Actually I'm using the PMM and sig hinge on my MPX now. The collapsible folder is on my Rattler.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No it isn't. I'm using a sig hinge from one of my other folders. Actually I'm using the PMM and sig hinge on my MPX now. The collapsible folder is on my Rattler.
View Quote
I also meant to say thank you for the PMM heads up...
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know if/when they will be available for sale separately?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

looks like they already are.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-sauer-folding-pcb-kit-mpx-mcx-black.html
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I took this pic for a gent in the General Firearms board. Great size comparison between the Rattler and a full sized service pistol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I took this pic for a gent in the General Firearms board. Great size comparison between the Rattler and a full sized service pistol.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356105/3F717849-D0A3-4421-BFFA-5475C93BEB22_jpeg-797604.JPG
View Quote
1) not sure I'm a gentleman  

2) your picture has me shopping for these damn things now and my wallet will hate this
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

1) not sure I'm a gentleman  

2) your picture has me shopping for these damn things now and my wallet will hate this
View Quote
You know, trying to be nice and all.  At least you have good taste in pistols.

Just go buy a Rattler.  All the cool kids are doing it.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey Guys,

Just went to the Sig site to see whats new. There appears to be a new Rattler shown. It has the folding PCB but a longer hand guard and what looks like a 516 type gas block. Listed specs are the same, but that's not same Rattler I have ?!? Any body know what gives ?? Coregon, any info ?? Doug
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#31]
i guess this is what he's talking about:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-rattler-psb.html

ETA: looks like a longer gas system as well. Almost long enough to get in the way of a silencer? If so, it looks like SIG has said "screw suppressing our guns" with this and their new MPX Choad integrated squid flash hider.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe it's the 5.56 version?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey Guys,

Just went to the Sig site to see whats new. There appears to be a new Rattler shown. It has the folding PCB but a longer hand guard and what looks like a 516 type gas block. Listed specs are the same, but that's not same Rattler I have ?!? Any body know what gives ?? Coregon, any info ?? Doug
View Quote
Quoted:
i guess this is what he's talking about:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-rattler-psb.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/c/mcx-pcb-right.jpg

ETA: looks like a longer gas system as well. Almost long enough to get in the way of a silencer? If so, it looks like SIG has said "screw suppressing our guns" with this and their new MPX Choad integrated squid flash hider.
View Quote
Curious what it is, regardless. If I just bought the old version and they've already upgraded, I'm gonna be upset.....
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe it's the 5.56 version?
View Quote
the page I linked to shows that the only option currently is the 300blk. hmmm
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#35]
They seem to have updated the page since I posted earlier. Now the close up of the "5.5 inch barrel with PDW upper" shows the new upper. Earlier this evening it still showed the previous version.

It doesn't look good for those who want to suppress it. wtf sig.

It looks like they have the gas block internally threaded for the end piece of their muzzle devices.

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Hmmm...

That's interesting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#37]
These pics are the 556 model, gents.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone have a source for the Sig Rattler style grips?

- I've heard they are not great, but want anyway.  Sig nor an of the popular Sig dealers seem to have them in stock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
well that's a relief.

you should tell whoever takes the pictures to not use a 300blk-specific pmag in the 556 gun next time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
well that's a relief.

you should tell whoever takes the pictures to not use a 300blk-specific pmag in the 556 gun next time.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/Screen_Shot_2019-01-08_at_6_48_48_AM_png-800489.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well that's a relief.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/Screen_Shot_2019-01-08_at_6_48_48_AM_png-800489.JPG
I know, I know.  That was the first thing I saw, too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I received the new PCB today. Wow. Its way nicer than I could have imagined. Not flimsy in anyway.  The brace is solid, it does move, but wouldnt be an issue at all. Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@Daggertt pretty much sums it up.

Rattler will be a little limited when it comes to distances, but anything in the 100-150yd range, you should be fine (ammo dependent, of course).

If you already own an MCX, you could always go 6.75" barrel and get nearly there, without having to purchase an entirely new rifle/pistol/upper.
View Quote
@Coregon

Is that the standard Virtus 6.75 barrel that will work with the Rattler?  Is there a need to swap the carrier?  i.e. will the piston from the Virtus engage the carrier/anvil?

Will all Virtus hand guards fit the Rattler?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#43]
just saw a video of the 5.56 rattler. Wonder if they are going to sell the uppers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#44]
So is the flash hider on the Rattler 5.56 barrel permanently attached or removable?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So is the flash hider on the Rattler 5.56 barrel permanently attached or removable?
View Quote
That was exactly what I was going to ask. Thinking a krink type brake. That and someone is bound to come out with a 556 can that can handle this. I can think of a few mfgs that might.

Ok come to think of it I guess I could see why they wouldnt want some random brake on there. On that short of a system it could probably screw up the cycling and they probably figure no one in their right mind would run a can. In fact they probably want to make sure you dont run a can. Now... the copperhead on the other hand it was totally idiotic that they didnt include either a removable brake or a HK trilug with a port in front of the lugs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:35:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Looking at the 5.56 Rattler handguard there is an extra half of an MLOC cut out which would make the barrel slightly longer than the 300 BLK. Could someone confirm this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#47]

I asked at the Sig Range Day. The answer I got was the flash hider can be swapped for the Sig QD mount. But looking at my pics, I’m still not certain.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
@Coregon

Is that the standard Virtus 6.75 barrel that will work with the Rattler?  Is there a need to swap the carrier?  i.e. will the piston from the Virtus engage the carrier/anvil?

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Daggertt pretty much sums it up.

Rattler will be a little limited when it comes to distances, but anything in the 100-150yd range, you should be fine (ammo dependent, of course).

If you already own an MCX, you could always go 6.75" barrel and get nearly there, without having to purchase an entirely new rifle/pistol/upper.
@Coregon

Thanks!
Yes, the 6.75" will work in the Rattler upper.  No need to swap BCG/Carrier.

No, Virtus HG's will not work with Rattler.  They will "fit", but there will be a large gap between the top rail of the upper and top rail of the HG.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
just saw a video of the 5.56 rattler. Wonder if they are going to sell the uppers.
View Quote
Eventually, just like we offer the 300BO uppers.  Initially, all components will be dedicated to fulfilling open orders on complete guns.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/D56C40DF-02C4-4231-B4C0-10AB29C4C9CE-824166.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/E956B679-A284-4880-A842-14B260C2AADB-824167.jpg

I asked at the Sig Range Day. The answer I got was the flash hider can be swapped for the Sig QD mount. But looking at my pics, I’m still not certain.
View Quote
No, its not removable.  It is pinned and a part of the gas system.  Your pics aren't lying to you
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top