[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. I need to SBR mine.
View Quote
Do it
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's my Rattler SBR.  I added a Trijicon RMR and Griffin Armament Alpha.  Time to file the Form 4.

Mike

Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody know if a 45 degree offset M-LOK mount (like this one from Arisaka for example) for a surefire scout will fit on the Rattler handguard? I'd like to mount one on the 3 o'clock slot to put the light at 4:30, but IDK if there's enough room.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anybody know if a 45 degree offset M-LOK mount (like this one from Arisaka for example) for a surefire scout will fit on the Rattler handguard? I'd like to mount one on the 3 o'clock slot to put the light at 4:30, but IDK if there's enough room.
View Quote
your best bet is probably this one from midwest industries. It will push the light up or down but doesn't require the 45 degree space.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-mlsslm.htm

Link Posted: 7/28/2018 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I tried one from Impact Weapon Components. Wouldn’t fit. FYI.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn. I need to SBR mine.
Do it
I agree!

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Yin/Yang
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking that the Rattler must be going gangbusters.  I was looking at the used market today-nothing.  A few MCXs, mostly 16" in .300blk, and I found a single Virtus rifle that the guy wanted to trade for a Virtus pistol.

I have a bad case of the wants.

Question:  Should I just get the upper kit, or the full Rattler?  I have a SBR'd Legacy MCX, but I think that I'd like the pistol lower for interstate transport/legal protections.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm thinking that the Rattler must be going gangbusters.  I was looking at the used market today-nothing.  A few MCXs, mostly 16" in .300blk, and I found a single Virtus rifle that the guy wanted to trade for a Virtus pistol.

I have a bad case of the wants.

Question:  Should I just get the upper kit, or the full Rattler?  I have a SBR'd Legacy MCX, but I think that I'd like the pistol lower for interstate transport/legal protections.
View Quote
If you got the Rattler upper, it will come with the M4 lower adapter, Rattler stock and Match Duo trigger.  So, you could use the upper on your SBR MCX lower, but pick up a cheap AR lower to use as a pistol along with the included adapter.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you got the Rattler upper, it will come with the M4 lower adapter, Rattler stock and Match Duo trigger.  So, you could use the upper on your SBR MCX lower, but pick up a cheap AR lower to use as a pistol along with the included adapter.  
View Quote
But didn't we say that the telestock brace doesn't collapse all the way on the adapter?  That's the one holdup that I have.

That, and trying to figure out if I really want the Sig bobtail grip.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered a Rattler pistol today, I'm hoping to get the form 1 in the mail as soon as it's in my possession.  Now to decide what I want to do for a can.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are these available yet through distributors? All I am seeing is gun broker rattler takeoff uppers with just the upper. I want the stock and trigger/adapter too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are these available yet through distributors? All I am seeing is gun broker rattler takeoff uppers with just the upper. I want the stock and trigger/adapter too.
View Quote
Yes - they've been shipping for a couple of months.  I received mine back in April and usually get items ~30 days (in most cases) before shipping to the dealer base.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
@coregon

Do you have a part number for the complete Rattler kit?

Sig CS seems to be a little clueless.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@coregon

Do you have a part number for the complete Rattler kit?

Sig CS seems to be a little clueless.
View Quote
@JAG2955

UAMCX-5B-300-BLK-TAP
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@JAG2955

UAMCX-5B-300-BLK-TAP
View Quote
Thanks, man.

Happen to know who would have the best price on these?

ETA:  I'm seeing a few different versions on Gunbroker and various sites.  At least one of them has a 1913 to buffer tube adapter instead of the Rattler stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Ariska mount works perfect on the Midwest handguard for the Rattler. I don't know for sure about the factory handguard, I got rid of it once I handled this Midwest one. So nice.

Link Posted: 8/3/2018 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Are the Rattler barrels threaded 5/8-24 or 1/2-28?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are the Rattler barrels threaded 5/8-24 or 1/2-28?
View Quote
5/8x24
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#20]
After looking at the honey badger vs. rattler for a few weeks, then considering a custom 6.5-7.5 300blk build, I walked into my local shop and randomly bought a rattler with  PSB yesterday. $1950 seemed like a deal. It’ll live next to my bed wearing a half Nelson in a few months.

Are there any game-changing upgrades out there? If anyone can get me up to speed on mag/ammo compatibility for these and any quirks it’d be appreciated. I’m not loving the trigger from a few minutes of dry firing

The factory PSB brace is definitely coming off for a side folder. Anyone using a buffer tube adaptor with sba3 care to share how it shoulders? Trying to decide if I should wait for the new sb brace instead.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
After looking at the honey badger vs. rattler for a few weeks, then considering a custom 6.5-7.5 300blk build, I walked into my local shop and randomly bought a rattler with  PSB yesterday. $1950 seemed like a deal. It’ll live next to my bed wearing a half Nelson in a few months.

Are there any game-changing upgrades out there? If anyone can get me up to speed on mag/ammo compatibility for these and any quirks it’d be appreciated. I’m not loving the trigger from a few minutes of dry firing

The factory PSB brace is definitely coming off for a side folder. Anyone using a buffer tube adaptor with sba3 care to share how it shoulders? Trying to decide if I should wait for the new sb brace instead.
View Quote
You did well at $1950.

Midwest has an extended rail, is that’s your thing.  Change the trigger for a SIG Match Duo or the Geissele MCX trigger.

I’ve ran many different Ammo types through mine with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#22]
@coregon

Or anyone else with an SBR.  Whats the OAL with the factory Skelton stock?

TIA.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I get 23 5/8" from tip of the flash suppressor to the heel of the stock open.

16" folded.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I get 23 5/8" from tip of the flash suppressor to the heel of the stock open.

16" folded.
View Quote
Thanks!  Picked up my pistol yesterday, trying to get the Form 1 in the mail before I go to work on Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks!  Picked up my pistol yesrerday, trying to get the Form 1 in the mail before I go to work on Saturday.
View Quote
That's the Rattler (mini) stock, fyi.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's the Rattler (mini) stock, fyi.
View Quote
Like the one on VT_K9's gun in the 2nd post on this page?  Thats the one I'm planning on going with.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Like the one on VT_K9's gun in the 2nd post on this page?  Thats the one I'm planning on going with.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone shot The Rattler with Omega 300?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@JAG2955

UAMCX-5B-300-BLK-TAP
View Quote
Whats the deal with availability on this kit?  I cannot find one anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I run the folding adapter with a buffer tube and a tailhook mod 1. Shoulders fine for me,

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

I'm going to need a handstop, though.  I want to keep all my fingers.

I'm debating about doing a fixed front sight like a DD or Scalarworks and run a X300U in front of it.  The RMR is probably not permanent, the eyebox is too tight for me.  I have a T-1, but it's on another rifle right now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356105/Rattler-643198.JPG

I'm debating about doing a fixed front sight like a DD or Scalarworks and run a X300U in front of it.  The RMR is probably not permanent, the eyebox is too tight for me.  I have a T-1, but it's on another rifle right now.  
View Quote
I would recommend some type of handstop on the side rail, paired with some type of vertical grip.  I have a RailScales Karve on the side and a BCM Vert grip, works perfect for me - the Karve keeps me from getting my hand on the muzzle and the grip gives me the control.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would recommend some type of handstop on the side rail, paired with some type of vertical grip.  I have a RailScales Karve on the side and a BCM Vert grip, works perfect for me - the Karve keeps me from getting my hand on the muzzle and the grip gives me the control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a Karve at Cola Warrior Texas, but it's a Keymod.

D'oh!

If I do another control accessory on the bottom, it will likely be a Gripstop, as the inventor is an acquaintance. I also want to avoid a vertical grip for when it's a pistol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

D'oh!

If I do another control accessory on the bottom, it will likely be a Gripstop, as the inventor is an acquaintance. I also want to avoid a vertical grip for when it's a pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

D'oh!

Yeah, NM is a good dude.

I love the Gripstop, and have them on many rifles, but I can’t use it on a rifle this short.  I have too much arm to have a gripstop in a Rattler.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, NM is a good dude.

I love the Gripstop, and have them on many rifles, but I can’t use it on a rifle this short.  I have too much arm to have a gripstop in a Rattler.
View Quote
I'm thinking when when my stamp comes back, I'm going with an Arisaka finger stop.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, NM is a good dude.

I love the Gripstop, and have them on many rifles, but I can't use it on a rifle this short.  I have too much arm to have a gripstop in a Rattler.
View Quote
That he is. I don't know if it will work for me yet, or not. I also have a long wingspan, and the Rattler is very short.

Maybe i'll just cut a Magpul vertical grip down into a handstop/ afg.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thanks, man.

ETA:  I'm seeing a few different versions on Gunbroker and various sites.  At least one of them has a 1913 to buffer tube adapter instead of the Rattler stock.
View Quote

Seeing this as well - perhaps the vendors are changing parts out to sell the stock for more $$?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Seeing this as well - perhaps the vendors are changing parts out to sell the stock for more $$?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, man.

Your avatar seriously messes with me.

I would guess your hypothesis is correct.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Should the rattler be able to cycle the Hornady 190gr Sub-X unsuppressed (on the + setting)? (Mine wouldn't. Would eject but not pick up the next round.)

If not this round, what are the characteristics of subsonic loads that it might be able to cycle?
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally got a picture of my Rattler PSB.  The ATF cashed both my checks last week, Form 1 to SBR the Rattler, and the form 4 for the SRD-76QD I picked up at the same time.

Patiently waiting....

Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Is there a reaction rod that will work on the Rattler?  The short barrel provides little space for a barrel clamp.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@JAG2955

UAMCX-5B-300-BLK-TAP
View Quote
I appreciate this, thanks.  It makes searching for one in stock much easier.  I have not found one yet, but I have a stamped AR lower waiting.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is there a reaction rod that will work on the Rattler?  The short barrel provides little space for a barrel clamp.
View Quote
Just swapped mine out for a dead air tonight. I have barrel clamps but didn’t need them. I clamped the flats of the gas block into the vise, and used a decently long crescent wrench. Came right off with minimal effort.

If you’re using a non-Sig suppressor, be sure to use the barrel taper adapter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought a Magpul M-LOK® Polymer Offset Light Mount for like $17 bucks to try out and it works perfectly on the Rattler FYI.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey other Rattler owners, do me a favor.

Look at your recoil spring retaining plate.  Does yours have "223" marked on it like mine does?  Are there even different recoil springs?  Or just a coincidence?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hey other Rattler owners, do me a favor.

Look at your recoil spring retaining plate.  Does yours have "223" marked on it like mine does?  Are there even different recoil springs?  Or just a coincidence?
View Quote
Mine is marked 223 in the lower left corner, that’s some small engraving, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Since from the beginning, this Rattler has been a gun I didn't really need, but looked interesting, I decided to try something new for optics.

I went with a dual illuminated RMR, with the green triangle reticle, in this mount I stumbled across.  The mount is the ANVL UKON by ANR designs.  It incorporates a set of sights.  The front is a standard AR post, with a pistol style rear.  This should go well with the PDW theme of the Rattler, and I pretty much see it as a 50 meter and in gun.  If nothing else, I can use the RMR on another gun, if it doesn't work out here.

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Interesting.  I am using an RMR as an optic on mine as well right now.  I am not a huge fan, the eye box is not very forgiving.  Your mount looks low?  Mine is an absolute cowitness on an AR-15.

The telestock gives you a very different feeling cheekweld because of how wide it is.  I really noticed it yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I am using an RMR as an optic on mine as well right now.  I am not a huge fan, the eye box is not very forgiving.  Your mount looks low?  Mine is an absolute cowitness on an AR-15.

The telestock gives you a very different feeling cheekweld because of how wide it is.  I really noticed it yesterday.  
View Quote
The mount is very low.  I also think the eye box isn't great on the RMR, and it's not the best solution, but it seems to fit for the Rattler.  Once my stamp comes back, I'll probably go with the minimalist stock, it also fits the "short, thin" PDW for 50M or less engagements theme.

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top