Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#1]
SIG SAUER RATTLER MCX 300BLK - FULL AUTO

I'm not interested in one but I found this video while looking for MPX suppressed videos.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything about what type of supersonic 300blk, besides sig's ammo) ammo works best in the rattler?  Has anyone had a chance to shoot both the 5.5" 300 blk barrel and the 6.75" barrel?  If so I'd be curious about their observations.  One last question,(at least for now), I know the rattler barrels aren't compatible with standard MCX barrels but would say the 6.75" mcx barrel work on the rattler?

Looks like a great gun, now I just need to get my hands on one to buy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything about what type of supersonic 300blk, besides sig's ammo) ammo works best in the rattler?  Has anyone had a chance to shoot both the 5.5" 300 blk barrel and the 6.75" barrel?  If so I'd be curious about their observations.  One last question,(at least for now), I know the rattler barrels aren't compatible with standard MCX barrels but would say the 6.75" mcx barrel work on the rattler?

Thanks
View Quote
How are you going to do that living in CA?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The Rattler is basically 3.5" shorter then the Virtus SBR in 300 blackout. No other difference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi,

Thanks
View Quote
I've shot our (SIG's) 125gr super and 120gr HT rounds, Barnes 110gr and Lehigh Defense supers through mine.  All cycled, shot and group well.

I have all lengths for MCX - do you have specific questions about 5.5" vs 6.75"?

The Rattler is just a shorter version of MCX.  Barrels are interchangeable between the two.  You may have alignment issues with gas blocks depending on the barrel/hand guard you use.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard due to the length of the  5.5" barrel on both 300 and 5.56, the barrel life isn't the best. Has something to do with unburnt powder. Could someone confirm this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#8]
So for my purpose it will be mostly used with supersonic ammo both suppressed and un suppressed, the ammo you listed is most of what I have been looking for/have shot.  My central question is that generally a PDW gun shorter/lighter = better, do you feel there is any marked performance differences between the 5.5" barrel vs the 6.75"?  If the 6.75" is that much better than I'm gonna have to figure out how to get the handguard cut down so I can actually get the suppressor off and on easily.  I appreciate the time and the knowledge "Coregon", all your pictures and your various set ups have helped answer a number of questions I've had.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Just snapped a few pictures of the config that I have been using the past coupe of weeks.  

MCX Rattler 5.5" 300BO.  SIG Romeo1.  SIG SRD338Ti-QD.

Pretty dang quiet with the 338 can.  A SRD762 will live on it, but it is back at the factory being refurbished.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Measurements.  23.5", folded and with the 338Ti-QD can.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Comparison pictures:  Rattler with 338Ti-QD vs 6.75" (LVAW) with 762Ti-QD

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
More comparison pics.

Rattler vs 4.5" MPX-k

Attachment Attached File

Rattler vs MP5k

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

MP5k, Rattler, MPX-k

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#11]
No shit!. Just like the 551A, 556 ,556XI and on and on. Cant ever get parts and then Sig will change or discontinue and owners are screwed as always.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]
This looks cool but every Sig released the price keeps going up and up. I guess they don't realize the gun market is flooded and my LGS they can't sell guns like this now  cause of price. I went into a shop the other day and they had S&W M&P15's for $489.00. I would think Sig would do better if they came out with an M400 with a good competitive price on it. They keep aiming for the $2,000 market.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I got to fondle a rattler today, wasn't impressed. I'll just get the Virtus 11.5" 5.56 upper to replace my legacy MCX upper and call it good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got to fondle a rattler today, wasn't impressed. I'll just get the Virtus 11.5" 5.56 upper to replace my legacy MCX upper and call it good.
View Quote
What did you like or dislike? I want, but would like to hold one first
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I mean it's cool and all but built for a specific purpose. For me it was a little to small and it will definitely be ballistically challenged from what I'm used to and like. It wouldn't be my SHITF senerio weapon of choice. I also love and will stick with 5.56 and at a 5.5" barrel length, that's crazy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Any news on when the rattler SBR might be shipping?  My local gun store, which has rattler pistols in stock, could only tell me that they will be shipping later. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I mean it's cool and all but built for a specific purpose. For me it was a little to small and it will definitely be ballistically challenged from what I'm used to and like. It wouldn't be my SHITF senerio weapon of choice. I also love and will stick with 5.56 and at a 5.5" barrel length, that's crazy.
View Quote
Definitely crazy for 5.56 but probably well suited for 300BO.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I love the look of it, but I would rather have a 7" one in 5.56.

Why does it come with a lame MOE-K grip instead of one of the 2 newly designed grips it was advertised with?

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Are they really saying they made this because people were asking for it?!
View Quote
Isn't why SIG does things?

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I want that Rattler folding stock as a stand-alone item.  I’m sure we can’t purchase them yet, hopefully someday.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I want that Rattler folding stock as a stand-alone item.  I’m sure we can’t purchase them yet, hopefully someday.
View Quote
That was my first question too, answer is always the same,

"once the productions is caught up with orders, maybe"
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd love to have one of the pistols...............way out of my price range though
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I have always wanted an HK MP7...but the more I read about this little thing, the more it seems like this is superior to something like an MP7 in every possible way (I imagine that's the impression they're shooting for).

And even better, this is something I can actually buy.

How quiet would a .300 Blk Rattler be with a SRD762 or similar-sized can? Still hearing safe?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have always wanted an HK MP7...but the more I read about this little thing, the more it seems like this is superior to something like an MP7 in every possible way (I imagine that's the impression they're shooting for).

And even better, this is something I can actually buy.

How quiet would a .300 Blk Rattler be with a SRD762 or similar-sized can? Still hearing safe?
View Quote
Have you ever had the opportunity to shoot an MP7?  Don't get me wrong, i'd love to own one - but part of that desire is the fact that HK says "fuck you, you no haz MP7".  

Definitely still hearing safe.  An SRD762-QD is what will live on mine (as soon as it gets back from it's checkup - just getting refinished, etc).  

I've shot mine with an Omega9k and it's still not bad - no idea what it meters at, but the tone isn't unpleasant to the ears at all.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Have you ever had the opportunity to shoot an MP7?  Don't get me wrong, i'd love to own one - but part of that desire is the fact that HK says "fuck you, you no haz MP7".  

Definitely still hearing safe.  An SRD762-QD is what will live on mine (as soon as it gets back from it's checkup - just getting refinished, etc).  

I've shot mine with an Omega9k and it's still not bad - no idea what it meters at, but the tone isn't unpleasant to the ears at all.
View Quote
Rattler with Omega 9k, you say? hmmm.... You wouldn't happen to have a picture of that setup, would you?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rattler with Omega 9k, you say? hmmm.... You wouldn't happen to have a picture of that setup, would you?
View Quote
I can go out to the shop and snag one.  Standby.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I can go out to the shop and snag one.  Standby.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got to shoot one at a rental range in Vegas, and it was a very cool little gun. EXTREMELY light and compact, negligible recoil even on auto...the experience didn't make the fact that HK has no interest in ever selling me one more palatable.

But the Rattler is about the same size, and correct me if I'm wrong, even with that diminutive barrel, .300 BLK blows tiny PDW cartridges like 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm out of the water in terms of ballistics.

The idea of a rifle that tiny that I can still suppress to hearing safe levels AND get some decent ballistics out of is VERY interesting to me...
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Here you go, @Daggertt

MCX Rattler with Omega9k

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

5.5" Rattler w/ O9k, sandwiched between OG LVAW on top (6.75" with direct thread Ti can) and Virtus LVAW on bottom (6.75" with 762Ti-QD)

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  The ARF upload really darkens these pictures.  Ill see if I can lighten them up and re-upload.

ETA #2:  Re-uploaded using the only filter I know how to
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome! thanks!

That looks pretty slick, especially if you're trying to keep the profile down and still take the edge off. I might end up with that very combo at some point [wallet sighs].
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here you go, @Daggertt

MCX Rattler with Omega9k

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_3159-363233.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_3160-363236.JPG

5.5" Rattler w/ O9k, sandwiched between OG LVAW on top (6.75" with direct thread Ti can) and Virtus LVAW on bottom (6.75" with 762Ti-QD)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_3161-363239.JPG

ETA:  The ARF upload really darkens these pictures.  Ill see if I can lighten them up and re-upload.

View Quote
My apologies as my questions may have been answered in various ways in various threads but I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

You cannot switch out barrels and hand guards on the rattler upper because of its length correct? If I have a standard upper could use it on a rattler lower?  Is there any difference between a rattler lower and a standard virtus lower, other than the stock?  Are there any plans to either offer a complete upper (other than the pinned lvaw upper) or just a stripped upper in the future?

Finally, my broken record question - when will the ratttler sbr start shipping?  Thanks for making yourself available for all these questions.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 12:56:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My apologies as my questions may have been answered in various ways in various threads but I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

You cannot switch out barrels and hand guards on the rattler upper because of its length correct? If I have a standard upper could use it on a rattler lower?  Is there any difference between a rattler lower and a standard virtus lower, other than the stock?  Are there any plans to either offer a complete upper (other than the pinned lvaw upper) or just a stripped upper in the future?

Finally, my broken record question - when will the ratttler sbr start shipping?  Thanks for making yourself available for all these questions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here you go, @Daggertt

MCX Rattler with Omega9k

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_3159-363233.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_3160-363236.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_3161-363239.JPG

@drudge

Yes, you can switch barrels between Virtus and Rattler, no problem.  The problem is the upper receiver on the Rattler is shorter, therefore the only hand guard that correctly mates to that upper receiver is the very short hand guard that ships with the rattler.  Make sense?  So, you can definitely use a Rattler barrel in a Virtus or Legacy upper (using the correct bolt) and you can use Virtus or Legacy barrels in a Rattler upper (using the correct bolt).  You are just locked in to the Rattler short hand guard.  Clear as mud, huh?!

There is no difference in a Rattler lower, Legacy lower or Virtus lower.  They are all the same and interchangeable.  The Rattler lower has the different stock/brace and grip, that's it.  The SBR lower you see on my Rattler was from one of my Legacy MCX (I just changed the grip, etc so that it had the Rattler look).

There are complete uppers that will be offered.  I do not know of a plan to make stripped uppers available.

Rattler SBR's should start shipping soon.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank you for the info. I hope you are getting paid for this.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#37]
lol they make a rail for a PDW all of about 10 people have, yet say not enough Bren's out there to make an extended rail for it.  (Their words, directly to me)
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
lol they make a rail for a PDW all of about 10 people have, yet say not enough Bren's out there to make an extended rail for it.  (Their words, directly to me)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I know you’re being (partly) facetious - I don’t know exactly how many Bren rifles are out there, but knowing the number of firearms CZ brings into the country each year and also knowing the number of Rattlers we have shipped, I’d say there’s 3x as many Rattlers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<div class="quote-container"><div class="quote-style">Quoted:
Well that took long.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbkxg4iHyC3/?taken-by=midwestindustries
I know you're being (partly) facetious - I don't know exactly how many Bren rifles are out there, but knowing the number of firearms CZ brings into the country each year and also knowing the number of Rattlers we have shipped, I'd say there's 3x as many Rattlers.

I know this is an example of one, but there is a 19 or so page thread on the Bren on ARF, on top of all the Bren vs. threads or the this or Bren threads. 2 Pages for the Rattler. Not that ARF is the end all be all, but I bet more people are buying a $1200-1500 rifle than they are a $1800-2300 rifle/pdw. W/ that said, yes I was being partly facetious, however, same applies for Youtube, another good indicator of what guns are in what hands. One or two (non Sig produced and non Sig employed) decent vids on the rattler, and how many countless vids on the Bren.

ETA: Screwy code is messing up the quote.  Also, I can appreciate what you guys are doing with the platform as it truly is, IMO the most modular out there to date.  I'm just not sure if I want the Rattler or a pistol'd 6.75 300 BO MCX.  But your time and presence here is greatly appreciated by me and you have went above and beyond to provide pictures for us mere mortals.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#40]
coregon,

Would you please remove a Rattler upper, turn it over and see if it comes from the factory milled for the auto trip lever (like the MCX uppers do).

Thanks,  I'm the guy shooting his pistol MCX upper full auto on my M16 lower.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
coregon,

Would you please remove a Rattler upper, turn it over and see if it comes from the factory milled for the auto trip lever (like the MCX uppers do).

Thanks,  I'm the guy shooting his pistol MCX upper full auto on my M16 lower.
View Quote
@WholeBunches , do you have a Youtube channel with some lovely KAC & Sig gear on it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
@WholeBunches , do you have a Youtube channel with some lovely KAC & Sig gear on it?
View Quote
No.  My small YouTube channel has a few hog killing videos on it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyS4NzbCfAY

A friend posted the MCX upper to M16 lower video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShZf87R9H4s

Full auto mag dump pushing me back.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLVTZbZLtCk&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#44]
You guys are killing it with these.  Just tell me when I can order for my demo gun
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Any word on availability of upper with adapter for an AR lower?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Any update on sbr versions shipping?  It has been two months since i last asked so I feel like another ask is not too obnoxious. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It does?  It's not compatible with any existing MCX.  You cannot use a suppressor with it.  And the 5.56 and 300BLK versions use completely different gas systems.

Are they really saying they made this because people were asking for it?!
View Quote
Why bother with 300bo if you don't make it suppressor ready?

I don't nfa and even i see that as an issue.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any pics yet of the 5.56 Rattler Barrel?
Not yet.
Also no shots of people after they have shot it because they no longer have eyebrows.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Are there any issues with using a legacy MCX upper on a Rattler lower? There are some minor internal differences between it and a legacy lower.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top