User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You guys have made a very fine handguard, I own one, it’s well made and I appreciate that you’re providing a service to MPX owners.  I’m actually planning on  buying another.  So, no disrespect, and don’t take this the wrong way, but...  What’s with the angled cut on the front bottom?  I dislike the look of it, and it reduces the available MLOK slots by 1/2 of a slot.  What’s the rationale behind the angle?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess it's just personal preference. I LOVE the way the angled cut on the bottom looks. The half slot is enough for what I needed (AFG). 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered an 8" version to replace my Lancer, as I just bought a Dead Air Wolf-9SD suppressor to replace my Omega 9K and the diameter is larger and the cross-section of the Lancer is too constricting at the top to adequately clear it.

When doing the math on the OD of the Wolf-9SD and the published ID of your handguard, I'm going to have to grind M-Lok nuts from .096" thick to about .050" thick (at the thinner flange) to get .040" clearance on each side.

Have you pondered offering thinner M-Lok nuts and screws shorter than .25" (the shortest I've been able to find) to accommodate larger diameter cans?  It would be nice to not have to Dremel ten of these nuts down.

Can't wait to receive this thing to try it!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No disrespect taken . I designed it that way because it looks much better with some flow to it . When designing the handguard it not only had to feel good and be functional but it had to look good . There are lots of parts out there that people make that fill a need but are not fully thought out and look like crap .
thanks
Troy
MI
View Quote
I can appreciate that for the sizes other than 4.5 but....

We need as much room as possible for our hand and rather people use them or not, the safety of a handstop. The rail hand purchase of the 4.5 as limited as it is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We need as much room as possible for our hand and rather people use them or not, the safety of a handstop. The rail hand purchase of the 4.5 as limited as it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No disrespect taken . I designed it that way because it looks much better with some flow to it . When designing the handguard it not only had to feel good and be functional but it had to look good . There are lots of parts out there that people make that fill a need but are not fully thought out and look like crap .
thanks
Troy
MI

I'd have preferred it be squared off as well on mine but subcompact pistols like a G26 or G43 don't have a hand stop and no one is worried about safety for their support hand so that argument doesn't hold up.

I would have liked it square to get my vert grip out farther because I have long arms
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

subcompact pistols like a G26 or G43 don't have a hand stop and no one is worried about safety for their support hand so that argument doesn't hold up.
View Quote
What do you believe the utility and purpose of the handstop is? Is it ok in this instance to call you, "2 finger bob?"
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do you believe the utility and purpose of the handstop is? Is it ok in this instance to call you, "2 finger bob?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

subcompact pistols like a G26 or G43 don't have a hand stop and no one is worried about safety for their support hand so that argument doesn't hold up.
Again, you have a hand stop on your CC pistol?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Apples and oranges. Muscle memory and manual of arms are not the same. Someone named 2stamp bob should know this and not argue about something so rediculous.

Im trying to help. You should have a fucking handstop on a shortbbl subgun, shotgun, or rifle. Some brilliant MFers learned that and created a solution, they called it a "handstop."

The rest is history.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Apples and oranges. Muscle memory and manual of arms are not the same. Someone named 2stamp bob should know this and not argue about something so rediculous.

Im trying to help. You should have a fucking handstop on a shortbbl subgun, shotgun, or rifle. Some brilliant MFers learned that and created a solution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im trying to help. You should have a fucking handstop on a shortbbl subgun, shotgun, or rifle. Some brilliant MFers learned that and created a solution.
So...all those you mentioned don't involve muscle memory when shooting

The forward vertical grip is literally stopping a persons hand from moving forward when used as designed.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing match but you are being a fool for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The forward vertical grip is literally stopping a persons hand from moving forward when used as designed.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing match but you are being a fool for some reason.
View Quote
Lol,

Whatever, i made a comment about the importance of handstops, and you basically told me im dumb.

And not everyone is trying to SBR their weapon, another issue. I would also have a verticle grip if i could, but i need something i can haul around with a simple ccw license, from state to state. A verticle handgrip changes that reality.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol,

Whatever, i made a comment about the importance of handstops, and you basically told me im dumb.

And not everyone is trying to SBR their weapon, another issue. I would also have a verticle grip if i could, but i need something i can haul around with a simple ccw license, from state to state. A verticle handgrip changes that reality.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol,

You didn't say this you said it was a safety issue in the post I quoted.

And I wasn't trying to insult you just point out what I did.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 12:45:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Don’t mind Bob, he is a troll.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don’t mind Bob, he is a troll.
View Quote
Your only contribution to this thread is to stalk me and i'm the troll.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Your only contribution to this thread is to stalk me and i'm the troll.
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up the K hand guard. Really wish the bottom part went all the way to the end As opposed to tapering up. (On the K model only due to lack of real estate)  I know you said you did it for aesthetics but on the K hand guard it would be best if extended the length of the full rail so a hand stop could go to the very end as opposed to the middleish. Please make an updated version. I’d buy another.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
what is the outside diameter? Are they thinner and lighter than stock?
View Quote
I am curious as well - how do they compare to the originals in terms of weight?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Picked up the K hand guard. Really wish the bottom part went all the way to the end As opposed to tapering up. (On the K model only due to lack of real estate)  I know you said you did it for aesthetics but on the K hand guard it would be best if extended the length of the full rail so a hand stop could go to the very end as opposed to the middleish. Please make an updated version. I’d buy another.
View Quote
I actually like the taper alot. I think it looks better and has the capability of reducing snag...
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a K model from MI. I installed it for 3 minutes, immediately removed it and sold it for a loss. I was happy.

The cut might "look cool", but with a fore grip allowed my top fingers to index or drift close to the barrel, I didn't like that. The worst part was the locking pin that interfaces with the takedown pin in the receiver. The hand guard had a back and forth slide slop. The guy I sold it to commented "what a piece of shit". I would pass, the OEM kit fits much better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had a K model from MI. I installed it for 3 minutes, immediately removed it and sold it for a loss. I was happy.

The cut might "look cool", but with a fore grip allowed my top fingers to index or drift close to the barrel, I didn't like that. The worst part was the locking pin that interfaces with the takedown pin in the receiver. The hand guard had a back and forth slide slop. The guy I sold it to commented "what a piece of shit". I would pass, the OEM kit fits much better.
View Quote
I have the K model handguard and mine experiences the same forward/back movement.

Personally not a fan of the angled cut either but I prefer Mlok to keymod so will continue to use the MI for now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Do these have the same clearance inside the handguard? I have a short fat suppressor that runs under my factory handguard and want to to fit under this.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#26]
How about a skinny version.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I actually like the taper alot. I think it looks better and has the capability of reducing snag...
View Quote
It definitely looks better but I think function would be better to have it all the way to the end. I ended up ordering a SLR handstop. Hopefully that will work out ok.

Here’s how it sits right now. My handstop should be here tomorrow. I love he new 3 lug mount from SiCo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Will you be making a Flat Dark Earth option?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 2:01:39 AM EDT
[#30]
If my suppressor is 1.75 od, would that be cutting it too close?
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks!
In all of our testing and with handling a fairly large sample size of guns including my personal pistol, I have see no movement. I have my iron sights zeroed and am very happy with the accuracy.
We have shipped a lot of these handguards and have not had any complaints.

All of that said, if you buy it from us and are not happy we will gladly give you a refund.

Respectfully,
Pete
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great looking handgaurd, MI!

A question - my stock carbine length handgaurd has quite a bit of up and down movement making my irons pretty much useless.  Does your handgaurd lock up tightly to the reciever, with no movement?
Thanks!
In all of our testing and with handling a fairly large sample size of guns including my personal pistol, I have see no movement. I have my iron sights zeroed and am very happy with the accuracy.
We have shipped a lot of these handguards and have not had any complaints.

All of that said, if you buy it from us and are not happy we will gladly give you a refund.

Respectfully,
Pete
I recently had the exact same problem with my Gen 2 MPX. Eventually, I had to swap my MI MPX handguard for a MI MCX handguard. I don't know why that is happening, but it sucks because the Midwest product has a much better feel/look to it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top