Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2017 3:16:58 PM EDT
There used to be some sort of tutorial online, but I sure can't find it.
Anybody have a link, input...something?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Josh can tell you what you need to know. Also, Estes Adams can probably do it for you...
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Easiest way is to remove FA internals and replace with semiauto. I would recommend you buy the Shooting Sight hammer and sear, then use with the factory trigger. Then sell the FA parts to Gatewood supply. Or see if Gatewood will swap your FA parts for a semiauto sear.

If you must convert the factory parts to FA, you will need to remove the automatic sear release lever, disassemble all of the FCG parts, dremel off the trip surface of the automatic sear (this causes it to simply function as a spacer instead of catching the hammer), reinstall everything without the burst mechanism and automatic sear release lever. The right side (I think) of the hammer spring is bent inward on the FA lower in order to interface with part of the burst mechanism. This will need to be gingerly bent into a straight conformation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top