Page / 69
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:28:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#1]

Edit. Answered. Pic from today instead.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By goloud:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83570/1A2A391A-71D8-437C-9542-92A91AE784CC-1864276.jpg

View Quote

@goloud Details on how you got that color anodizing on a MCX? Doesn't look to be cerakote.

Love the setup.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:18:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#3]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

@goloud Details on how you got that color anodizing on a MCX? Doesn't look to be cerakote.

Love the setup.
View Quote

Edit: weird my comment didn’t show.

Outlaw Anodizing and the color is MK18 FDE.

And thank you
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83570/1A2A391A-71D8-437C-9542-92A91AE784CC-1864276.jpg

View Quote

Nice suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Had this about a year now. Can't be overstated how fantastic these rifles are.  I would not have one if I wasn't able to trade into it, thank goodness.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlbinoMuskrat:
Had this about a year now. Can't be overstated how fantastic these rifles are.  I would not have one if I wasn't able to trade into it, thank goodness.

https://i.imgur.com/GrZbpi3l.jpg
View Quote

Very nice set up!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74novaman] [#7]
Getting closer.  Just need my damn can to finally clear.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My search for a virtus has not been fruitful mainly because there going for crazy prices but I was able secure a legacy MCX locally for $1700 which is a pretty good deal in today’s market.

What is the parts compatibility between the patrol and the virtus? Can I throw virtus handguard on the patrol? If not does anyone have a Midwest handguard laying around because I believe they are discontinued.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
You need legacy handguards. You can use Virtus barrels IF you swap the bolt to the new taper lug style. Otherwise everything else should be cross-compatible.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
Threw the K16i in a Badger 1.54" mount on this. The lower optic height feels much better than the 1.7" I had on. Also swapped the taller Arisaka offset RDS mount to a lower T. Rex arms offset mount.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210307_172808239_2_jpg-1855970.JPG
View Quote

I like your stock setup. I can see the skel tubes themselves are available but can’t find the folding mechanism. Signed up for notification but I’d get the tube standalone if I could get the folding mech elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#11]
Originally Posted By SIASL:

I like your stock setup. I can see the skel tubes themselves are available but can't find the folding mechanism. Signed up for notification but I'd get the tube standalone if I could get the folding mech elsewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
Threw the K16i in a Badger 1.54" mount on this. The lower optic height feels much better than the 1.7" I had on. Also swapped the taller Arisaka offset RDS mount to a lower T. Rex arms offset mount.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210307_172808239_2_jpg-1855970.JPG

I like your stock setup. I can see the skel tubes themselves are available but can't find the folding mechanism. Signed up for notification but I'd get the tube standalone if I could get the folding mech elsewhere.
@SIASL

Thanks. I've been really happy with the JMac/CTR set up.

The JMac tube uses the standard Sig folding mechanism, so if you have a Sig stock or Sig brace, you can just remove it and add it to your JMac tube.

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Had my first FTExtract the other day causing a misfeed - No suppressor, shooting 194gr subs in binary mode. I don’t consider it an issue, just an observation.

Anything new on handguards?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#13]
Found two 5.56 Virtus SBRs in the wild. $2499 if anyone is interested.

Edit. Not mine. No relationship with the dealer   \
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Found two 5.56 Virtus SBRs in the wild. $2499 if anyone is interested.

Edit. Not mine. No relationship with the dealer   \
View Quote

Man the temptation to cancel my back order and grab one of these is strong.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:01:19 AM EDT
[#15]
My dealer just back ordered a Tacops for me. Any idea how long the wait is going to be or how long it’s taking to fulfill previously placed orders?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
My dealer just back ordered a Tacops for me. Any idea how long the wait is going to be or how long it’s taking to fulfill previously placed orders?
View Quote

I asked Osage County Guns (a larger Sig dealer), and they said they only got a handful so far this year. I have an 11.5” on order at my lgs since September if that gives you an idea.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Hopefully they don't sell it for double the money on Gunbroker first.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JK-919:

I asked Osage County Guns (a larger Sig dealer), and they said they only got a handful so far this year. I have an 11.5" on order at my lgs since September if that gives you an idea.
View All Quotes
My dealer just back ordered a Tacops for me. Any idea how long the wait is going to be or how long it's taking to fulfill previously placed orders?

I asked Osage County Guns (a larger Sig dealer), and they said they only got a handful so far this year. I have an 11.5" on order at my lgs since September if that gives you an idea.
That's why I asked earlier in the thread if much is being produced bc it seems like a lot of the big Sig dealers aren't getting much product in terms of MCX's.  But it very well could be they are throwing them up on GB....

Just saw an KAC SR30 lower go for about $4K
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
That's why I asked earlier in the thread if much is being produced bc it seems like a lot of the big Sig dealers aren't getting much product in terms of MCX's.  But it very well could be they are throwing them up on GB....

Just saw an KAC SR30 lower go for about $4K
View Quote

There’s a Virtus lower on GB for $1800 right now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#20]

There’s a Virtus lower on GB for $1800 right now.
View Quote

GB is just toxic
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#21]
picked up a SiCo trifecta muzzle device today so that I can run my Saker K on the Virtus.  She dresses up reeeel nice.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Do we know if sig is making any more barrels for these? Feel like I haven't seen one for sale (outside of $1500 on gunbroker) for over 8 months
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By it7eke2000:
Do we know if sig is making any more barrels for these? Feel like I haven't seen one for sale (outside of $1500 on gunbroker) for over 8 months
View Quote

Check their site often, parts show up here and there.

Their main focus is on complete pistols/rifles, demand is insane.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Do we know if sig is making any more barrels for these?
View Quote

Yes. Not sure what is going on with their fulfillment to dealers, I've had a backorder open with Proven Arms for >8mos now for a barrel and even longer on a stock. Sig isn't providing an ETA, but both have popped up on their own webstore periodically. It's frustrating, to put it mildly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:

Yes. Not sure what is going on with their fulfillment to dealers, I've had a backorder open with Proven Arms for >8mos now for a barrel and even longer on a stock. Sig isn't providing an ETA, but both have popped up on their own webstore periodically. It's frustrating, to put it mildly.
View All Quotes

They have the hottest rifle available so I'll cut them some slack
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

You have to take into account that not all dealers buy directly from SIG.  If a dealer is ordering through distribution, there are multiple allocation steps that a dealer is going through to get product.

So you may be #7 on the list for a gun that they’re only getting allocated to them sporadically.

Lots of variables, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By coregon:

You have to take into account that not all dealers buy directly from SIG.  If a dealer is ordering through distribution, there are multiple allocation steps that a dealer is going through to get product.

So you may be #7 on the list for a gun that they’re only getting allocated to them sporadically.

View All Quotes

Hypothetically speaking, would any new "generation" MCX be released as an in-line change (MPX) or would it be introduced as an entirely new product @coregon?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Supposedly Proven gets them directly from Sig.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I hope scopelist orders direct from Sig
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Let's do an Area 51 raid on Sig and we can all get MCX's.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Are the all black 11.5" MCX Virtus pistols rare? I found a new production one but are black more desirable than the grey? It's priced extremely high.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ZoomerJimbo:
Are the all black 11.5" MCX Virtus pistols rare? I found a new production one but are black more desirable than the grey? It's priced extremely high.
View Quote

Welcome to the new world order. Everything right now is going for way more than it normally should/would.  Just go check out GB if you want to see some crazy prices. I dont think it has anything to do with one color being more desirable than another. Just supply and demand at this point.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

Welcome to the new world order. Everything right now is going for way more than it normally should/would.  Just go check out GB if you want to see some crazy prices. I dont think it has anything to do with one color being more desirable than another. Just supply and demand at this point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZoomerJimbo:

Crazy. I’m seeing bids that are in the $4k range
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I mean I want to get my hands on a Virtus but I'm not pay 4K for it. I think dealers are getting MCX's in and sticking them on GB. It sucks but guess that is capitalism.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#35]

I mean I want to get my hands on a Virtus but I'm not pay 4K for it. I think dealers are getting MCX's in and sticking them on GB. It sucks but guess that is capitalism.
View All Quotes

I should correct myself - there’s at least one that has busted $4k

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895400572 - Just over $4k currently

Insane.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#36]

I should correct myself - there’s at least one that has busted $4k

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895400572 - Just over $4k currently

Insane.
View Quote

Considering starting bid was 3k.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Feel bad for you guys looking in and wanting a Virtus. I don’t see things changing any time soon regarding market circumstances. High prices and low supply aren’t going away any time soon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Is there a bottleneck somewhere on supply, or were they always somewhat low volume?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Is there a bottleneck somewhere on supply, or were they always somewhat low volume?
View Quote

@coregon can answer this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I'm not going to talk specifics about our production numbers. But, high/low volume is somewhat subjective - we'll never make as many MCX as we do M400, for example.  

The market is in a place where we will never be able to produce equivalent to the demand.  Because of that, you dont see MCX as being very available - but, there are alot of items (not just SIG products) that are going through a similar supply/demand crunch right now.  

I took one of my new employees to a SIG Elite store ~ last week.  While we were there, they received 4x MCX pistols.  By happenstance, a guy walked in looking for "the best rifles you've got".  One of the employees mentioned the MCX's that had just come in and they were getting ready to put out.  He bought all 4.  This particularly store doesnt do preorders/backorders unless they can readily get it from a manufacturer or distributor.  I'm not saying situations like this one are causing the lack of supply, but I think situations like this one are happening alot more than people realize.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:53:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaThree] [#41]

I'm not going to talk specifics about our production numbers. But, high/low volume is somewhat subjective - we'll never make as many MCX as we do M400, for example.  

The market is in a place where we will never be able to produce equivalent to the demand.  Because of that, you dont see MCX as being very available - but, there are alot of items (not just SIG products) that are going through a similar supply/demand crunch right now.  

I took one of my new employees to a SIG Elite store ~ last week.  While we were there, they received 4x MCX pistols.  By happenstance, a guy walked in looking for "the best rifles you've got".  One of the employees mentioned the MCX's that had just come in and they were getting ready to put out.  He bought all 4.  This particularly store doesnt do preorders/backorders unless they can readily get it from a manufacturer or distributor.  I'm not saying situations like this one are causing the lack of supply, but I think situations like this one are happening alot more than people realize.
View Quote

How much, as a percentage, is Sig’s production capacity allocated to government sales vs civilian sales? I was speaking with a Sig “insider” about the cross rifle last year and asked about the .277 fury and whether I should look at a cross in that caliber because it sounds like a very capable round. He told me I won’t find .277 on the shelf for years because of the standing government order. I’m speculating there are similar circumstances with the MCX line and other Sig products. But who knows
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:49:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#42]

How much, as a percentage, is Sig’s production capacity allocated to government sales vs civilian sales? I was speaking with a Sig “insider” about the cross rifle last year and asked about the .277 fury and whether I should look at a cross in that caliber because it sounds like a very capable round. He told me I won’t find .277 on the shelf for years because of the standing government order. I’m speculating there are similar circumstances with the MCX line and other Sig products. But who knows
View All Quotes

It's not really allocated by percentage - sometimes MIL/LE may get a larger allocation, based on a specific contract, etc (MHS contract, for example).  

I'm not sure who your "insider" is, but they're incorrect.  When we first launched 277SIG @ SHOT 2020, we were still waiting on SAAMI to formally accept the round.  Then the COVID/Riot stuff started, sending the industry into its current chaotic market, thus delaying items that were originally slated for delivery in 2020/2021/whatever, while prioritizing other items.  277SIG is no different here, in that it got caught up in the rippling wave of the crazy market.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#43]

It's not really allocated by percentage - sometimes MIL/LE may get a larger allocation, based on a specific contract, etc (MHS contract, for example).  

I'm not sure who your "insider" is, but they're incorrect.  When we first launched 277SIG @ SHOT 2020, we were still waiting on SAAMI to formally accept the round.  Then the COVID/Riot stuff started, sending the industry into its current chaotic market, thus delaying items that were originally slated for delivery in 2020/2021/whatever, while prioritizing other items.  277SIG is no different here, in that it got caught up in the rippling wave of the crazy market.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply and your continued contributions to this forum!👍
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Apologies that I have to be vague with some of these questions, but such is life.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I took one of my new employees to a SIG Elite store ~ last week.  While we were there, they received 4x MCX pistols.  By happenstance, a guy walked in looking for "the best rifles you've got".  One of the employees mentioned the MCX's that had just come in and they were getting ready to put out.  He bought all 4.
View Quote

I am willing to bet all four of those ended up on GB.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Even before the COVID craziness Virtus wasn’t easy to find in stock. Same with the TACOPS. Had to wait weeks/months to find a dealer that had them. Now it is even worse.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#47]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Even before the COVID craziness Virtus wasn’t easy to find in stock. Same with the TACOPS. Had to wait weeks/months to find a dealer that had them. Now it is even worse.
View All Quotes

Wasn't the case down in Texas, found them with relative ease before COVID. Grabagun was even discounting the 11.5 FDE pistols rather heavily, in January 2020.

Demand for the MCX is insane, at this time.

ETA: Here is an excerpt from Grabagun from a Jan 25 2020 email.

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Wasn't the case down in Texas, found them with relative ease before COVID. Grabagun was even discounting the 11.5 FDE pistols rather heavily, in January 2020.

https://i.imgur.com/dCstomg.png
View All Quotes

I am speaking from experience. Took me a few months to find mine. They were not easy to find.

Also, the FDE got blown out on sale back then. That was not the norm. Most online dealers that got them, didn't have many Virtus/TACOPS in stock when they did get them every once in awhile. And when they did get one or two in stock from their distributor, many other online dealers inventory went out of stock right away when those were sold since they all got their stuff from the same place.

The panic of this last year has only extrapolated the lack of inventory with the influx of even greater demand. MCX Virtus/TACOPS were never easy to find in stock before. Just look back at all of the posts that Coregon responded to here in late 2019/early 2020 asking him when more would be made and shipped to dealers. This has been an ongoing issue. Sig couldn't keep up with the demand for the Virtus before. So yeah, the Virtus has always been in high demand and low supply. Now it is even higher demand and even lower supply. I never saw the Virtus just sitting on dealer shelves on in stock at online dealers for weeks and months at a time, collecting dust and having to be discounted so that the dealer could move the item out of their inventory.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

haha those were the days! I got my FDE for $1550 shipped...
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#50]

I am speaking from experience. Took me a few months to find mine. They were not easy to find.

Also, the FDE got blown out on sale back then. That was not the norm. Most online dealers that got them, didn't have many Virtus/TACOPS in stock when they did get them every once in awhile. And when they did get one or two in stock from their distributor, many other online dealers inventory went out of stock right away when those were sold since they all got their stuff from the same place.

The panic of this last year has only extrapolated the lack of inventory with the influx of even greater demand. MCX Virtus/TACOPS were never easy to find in stock before. Just look back at all of the posts that Coregon responded to here in late 2019/early 2020 asking him when more would be made and shipped to dealers. This has been an ongoing issue. Sig couldn't keep up with the demand for the Virtus before. So yeah, the Virtus has always been in high demand and low supply. Now it is even higher demand and even lower supply. I never saw the Virtus just sitting on dealer shelves on in stock at online dealers for weeks and months at a time, collecting dust and having to be discounted so that the dealer could move the item out of their inventory.
View All Quotes

I'm speaking from experience too, I found them rather easily in Texas as well as in Washington State. They were sitting on shelves, in various setups (Pistol and rifle). Was even at a Sig sponsored event at my local range, they were pushing people to purchase several of the MCX setups that they had in stock. As for the TACOPS, that's always been a harder to find setup.

Heck the one I purchased from Grabagun in 2020 had been sitting on their shelf since 2018. Demand had started to go up for sure but they weren't unobtanium, as they are now.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 37 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top