BCM
User Panel

Sig MCX Virtus (Page 31 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NemesisMind:

Definitely the 12" handguard. Looks like an SRD762-Ti on a 6.75".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

What length handguard by chance?

Originally Posted By CombatCat:

Which Sig suppressor are you using with your MCX?

Thank you for the clarification!
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My Midwest Industries handguard came in yesterday, went ahead and swapped things around on my MCX. Still need to pull my Surefire flash hider from my Six8 PDW and migrate it over to my MCX 300BLK for suppressor use, sadly wasn't able to find one of the Legacy flash hiders to just slap onto it but oh well.

It compared to the Six8 PDW collapsed. Will be a tad longer, once it gets the Surefire flash hider but still should fit in my laptop bag easy.

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My amazing technicolor MCX

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

What length handguard by chance?

Which Sig suppressor are you using with your MCX?

Yes, Nemesis got it exactly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
My amazing technicolor MCX

https://i.imgur.com/b6um410.jpg
View Quote

It works, I dig it
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
6.75 BLK barrels at Osage/Sig Sauer Guns right now for $520
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:32:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#7]
Going to be posting a 11.5 556 MCX barrel with 120ish down the pipe.
Just giving everyone a heads up.

Fastest listing I've ever had listed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 11:05:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CombatCat] [#8]
Going to be posting a 11.5 556 MCX barrel with 120ish down the pipe.
Just giving everyone a heads up.

Fastest listing I've ever had listed.
View Quote

I wonder how fast a new barrel would sell.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]

I wonder how fast a new barrel would sell.
View Quote

It was gone in 3 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Midwestgunworks has the 6.75” x change kits back in stock if anyone is looking
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Midwestgunworks has the 6.75” x change kits back in stock if anyone is looking
View Quote

OOS
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems in my quest to get a low back pressure can, I found one that has too little. My 6.75" 300BLK barrel with the gas setting on suppressed with S&B 200 grain subs, was able to cycle but locks only half open on empty with 20 round lancer 300BLK mags. I've known I needed a better SBR can for a bit but guess this will end up rushing the matter.

Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:
Seems in my quest to get a low back pressure can, I found one that has too little. My 6.75" 300BLK barrel with the gas setting on suppressed with S&B 200 grain subs, was able to cycle but locks only half open on empty with 20 round lancer 300BLK mags. I've known I needed a better SBR can for a bit but guess this will end up rushing the matter.

https://i.imgur.com/VtiqO7I.jpg
View Quote

Which can are you running?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jle57:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jle57:

https://i.imgur.com/VtiqO7I.jpg

Surefire Legacy FA762K. Only 30 cal can I had laying around.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Did you try running it on the regular setting? If am running subs with my sandman s/k I run it the normal setting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kgknight1037:
Did you try running it on the regular setting? If am running subs with my sandman s/k I run it the normal setting.
View Quote

Nope, only attempted on the + setting, didn't attempt on the -. The way the manual read, figured was no point in attempting with lower gas (supersonic setting).

I'll give it another go in a moment
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:02:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: One_Mile_Up] [#17]
@Zerlak -- Not sure how often / thoroughly you clean but -- have you torn your piston / block apart lately and cleaned it all up??? Also, just curious -- are you by chance running a POF roller cam pin in this setup?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#18]
Originally Posted By One_Mile_Up:
@Zerlak -- Not sure how often / thoroughly you clean but -- have you torn your piston / block apart lately and cleaned it all up??? Also, just curious -- are you by chance running a POF roller cam pin in this setup?
View Quote

It's brand new, actually just tore it apart again and found the op rod is ridiculously tight in it. I had to push the op rod/piston out with a punch and then tap it back in even. PMed @JohnnyUtah427 as I noticed he was having a similar issue in another thread and he gave me some guidance on what to do.

Will get a few hundred rounds of 300blk through it and pull it apart a couple more times before I make any rash decisions or over-reactions.

Update:

It's locking back fully on last, with subs on the + setting. Seems the take down/scrub of the piston and gasblock freed it up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if a canebrake can take a virtus 11.5 barrel ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
With the current ammo shortage, about the only thing I can find is 6.5G.

Too bad Sig won't make that barrel yet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:

View Quote

I need more 6.5G...just got into it this year.

My Virtus and this 12” 6.5 are my two favorite rifles right now.

Link Posted: 8/22/2020 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#22]

I need more 6.5G...just got into it this year.

My Virtus and this 12” 6.5 are my two favorite rifles right now.

https://i.imgur.com/81hymQB.jpg
View Quote

Midlength gas?
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:

View Quote

With the 6 ARC comming out i see the 6.5G dying off slowly..  

I already said myself I am not going to buy any more 6.5G ammo until I see how the 6ARC shakes out...      IF it takes off all I need is a barrel    

But if Sig cant even keep up with 5.56 and 300BLK orders on the Virtus I would just take a wait and see approach as well.   But that brings us back to the gun industry for the last 10 or 15 years..   Sell a multi cal gun...  take forever to produce caliber conversions lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

Midlength gas?
View Quote

Carbine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

With the 6 ARC comming out i see the 6.5G dying off slowly..  

I already said myself I am not going to buy any more 6.5G ammo until I see how the 6ARC shakes out...      IF it takes off all I need is a barrel    
View Quote

Both of those excellent rounds cover a slightly different function, so I doubt either will be going away IMHO.

The 6.5 Grendel offers better performance for hunting, in large part due to the heavier projectiles it uses.

The 6mm ARC has excellent long range ballistics but is limited due to the lighter projectiles.

That being said... I'd love it if Sig Sauer added the 6mm ARC to the list of available calibers in the Virtus line.

Link Posted: 8/23/2020 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#26]
.458 Socom would be funny too
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I’d settle for 7.62x39 as originally advertised at this point.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Holy crap I had no idea, just read about it. That would have been fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Shower thought: would a Brownells BRN180 upper work on a Virtus lower?
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone knows OAL for 11.5" Virtus SBR?
Trying to form 1.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By chipandputt:
Does anyone knows OAL for 11.5" Virtus SBR?
Trying to form 1.
View Quote

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-virtus-sbr.html

Looks like 31in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-virtus-sbr.html

Looks like 31in.
View Quote

Thank you sir.
I haven’t shot it yet. Not sure I should stamp it first.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Took my 6.75" to the range on Saturday and shot some 110 American Gunner Hornady and Remington 120 Open tips. Found the Remington rounds did great, got a solid group at 100 yards even but the 110 American Gunners had grouping issues, including numerous fliers.

Decided to look into my can and found what might be some baffle hits.

I picked up some more of the Remington 120 grain rounds today and some 110 Hornady VMAX to experiment with but the 110 will be attempted without the can first to see if they work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Baffle strikes, wtf, that is common with different ammunition? SUBOPTIMAL
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GrAvril:
Baffle strikes, wtf, that is common with different ammunition? SUBOPTIMAL
View Quote

I'm still troubleshooting, doubt it's common and betting there is something out of spec somewhere in the stack.

Plenty of 6.75" 300BLK MCX users here that don't have this issue.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#36]

I'm still troubleshooting, doubt it's common and betting there is something out of spec somewhere in the stack.

View Quote

I’m not sure those are baffle strikes. The Wire EDM process can leave cuts that look like that. Annoying to see, but the won’t affect performance.

Have any “before” pics?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By goloud:

I’m not sure those are baffle strikes. The Wire EDM process can leave cuts that look like that. Annoying to see, but the won’t affect performance.

Have any “before” pics?
View All Quotes

Have any “before” pics?

Nope, didn't think to take pics of it before but my memory states they were full circles before. My other surefire cans are circles through and through too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Nope, didn't think to take pics of it before but my memory states they were full circles before. My other surefire cans are circles through and through too.
View Quote

I think if you were kissing three middle baffles to that extreme you’d probably have an end cap blow out. Especially if that’s a Titanium can.

This is an extreme example of possible EDM issues. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/SiCo-Omega-now-with-pre-bubba-d-baffles-/20-501089/

Could be unstable ammo I guess. Take off the can an shoot from the 3-5 yard line and check for keyholing?

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#39]

I think if you were kissing three middle baffles to that extreme you’d probably have an end cap blow out. Especially if that’s a Titanium can.

This is an extreme example of possible EDM issues. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/SiCo-Omega-now-with-pre-bubba-d-baffles-/20-501089/

Could be unstable ammo I guess. Take off the can an shoot from the 3-5 yard line and check for keyholing?

View All Quotes

I've had a 5.56 surefire can that I had to repair from baffle strikes, the end cap did go with it. The baffle damage looked pretty damn close to what I'm seeing in my 7.62 can here. It's not titanium, Surefire FA762K.

Work is keeping me busy and I'm damn low on 300blk ammo. Will be getting my can/barrel checked with an alignment rod first before doing any further shooting with it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Agreed - that looks odd to me, if they are indeed baffles strikes, without any end cap damage.

Interested to see what your investigation turns up @Zerlak - keep us posted
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By coregon:

Agreed - that looks odd to me, if they are indeed baffles strikes, without any end cap damage.

View All Quotes

Will do! It's a priority to get this taken care of as the MCX was intended to be my go to travel/defense setup and I have a trip to CO coming that I want this to come along for.

I'm hoping to have more information by this Saturday, I'm hoping it's something as simple as my mount being slightly out of spec or something. This is a new mount that I've personally never used before as the shop damaged the previous mount design I preferred. The joys of owning abandoned/antiquated silencers....
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

@coregon

Was able to take it in to a gunsmith to have a look over of it. He confirmed that the strikes are baffle hits and mentioned he saw some skipping on other baffles closer to the barrel.

He took an alignment rod to it and it was not centered completely, seemed to favor a side. The flash hider was mounted using the provided Sig tapered adapter, Surefire provided chamfered spacer and 3 timing rings. The Surefire Flash Hider is the legacy FH762K05 can be found here. It's a legacy can, so using whatever I can get my hands on.

I had the smith take off the timing rings and just mount it with the chamfered spacer to tapered adapter, was still favoring a side of the can, based on which of the four teeth that the silencer was mounted to. I had him pull the chamfered spacer off and attach the flash hider directly to the barrel, with the tapered adapter, was still having the offset issue appear.

I'm not sure what item is causing the issue, at this point. The mount could be messed up, despite being from the wrapper new for this barrel or my can is screwed up/bent from the factory and never noticed it as I was using it with a 6.8 caliber weapon that had plenty of clearance to use it.

Will more than likely be calling Surefire and seeing if they can take a look at the flash hider, see if they can determine it to be within spec.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#43]
Been meaning to ask this, does anybody know of a manufacturer who makes an MCX taper barrel direct thread mount for standard 1-3/8 x 24 suppressor tailcaps?

Edit: I mean without using the taper cap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0331OC] [#44]
Originally Posted By domestique1:
Anyone ever try a LAGE USA stock?  They make a 5 degree right sided folder... which may work with the forward assist, but will probably need the DIY delete modification that the Rattler uses.  It would make deploying the stock while slung tight against the body a little easier, and make the overall width smaller (lights and laser are all on the right side already).

I'm thinking about giving one a try once my Form 1 is back.

Here it is on a MPX. (MPX- K-Stock, Right Folding, 5 Deg. Cant)
http://www.max-11.com/photos/LMSStocks/CIMG7060.JPG
View Quote

I have the left folder and the hinge blocks the fingers when retracting the charging handle completely, and I don't think a larger charging handle will remedy the issue. However, the Lage RH 5* folding K stock may work without the FA. It might be a tight fit with the brass deflector though. Two photoshopped images, appear to be to scale, mind the ruggedness though as I did them in a few minutes.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone know if Virtus takes common AR pistol grips?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Yes it does.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Yes. have a MagPul MIAD on mine
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone tried running blanks with a blank fire adapter?Sig told me “it’s an expensive gun, use your best judgment”. A wholly non committal answer from someone I’m not sure understands the question. I can’t see any downsides besides needing to clean the daylights out of it afterwords. I can’t imagine the mil side of Sig would tell the military to not use blanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 1:18:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#50]
Originally Posted By cruze5:
Over a 2 month wait for a patrol and counting

Is Sig still making the full size rifle?
View Quote

Like crazy.  

I dont think people understand the demand for guns right now (on manufacturers).  2 months is a timeline that hasn't been quoted in 6+ months.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 31 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top