User Panel

Site Notices
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 30 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

No worries at all. Was using brass cased XM193 (5.56 spec), XM193 (223 spec), M855 and some 62 grain soft tip (Winchester series).

Springs looked great, extractor looked fine and ejector moved back/forth with a bullet tip pressing on it. Ejector is properly stiff, same as my standard 5.56 AR bolts. It spent most of its life in a box at grabagun, as it was a heavily discounted model from a couple years ago now. Still has the folding thick pistol brace that is similar to the pistol receiver extensions of an AR.

It worked great for 60 rounds unsuppressed, when I first shot it but ever since shooter it suppressed, it just hasn't liked being used unsuppressed. I followed re-assembly steps to the letter, after doing a full tear down of the Virtus, so I don't think I put something together wrong.

I'll leave it up to smarter individuals than myself, to figure it out. I'm anxious to know though, will be curious to see.
View Quote

Odd stuff. Def keep us in the loop, I’m curious more than anything.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody know if the Lancer handguard is being discontinued for legacy guns?
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:
Anybody know if the Lancer handguard is being discontinued for legacy guns?
View Quote

It would be hard to imagine they would continue to make them for a redlined platform outside of .gov orders.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

Instead of running my Razor, I’m running Tano EXPS3-0, exactly set up the same (as I wait patiently for my Nomad-L to bust out)

I may have missed it and I’ll go back a page, what upper was anodized?

View Quote

I ordered one about three weeks ago. It can tannodized.

The Rattler pictured a few pages back I had anodized in MK18 FDE.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:51:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thetonk] [#5]
Attachment Attached File

Hey guys. Just got back into the virtus game.  Picked this up about a month ago for 1800.  Dealer got 5 in and out the rest on gunbroker. Got anywhere up to 3700 a piece for almost them.  That’s crazy.   So far I’ve changed out the brace for an sba4. Swapped out the trigger for an sd3g. Surefire m340 scour light. Viper pst 1-6 gen2 Geissele mount. Ferro slingster.   Having a lot of fun with it. Trying to decide if it’s worth from 1.  If I do I can’t use it as a truck gun where I live.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By thetonk:
Having a lot of fun with it. Trying to decide if it’s worth from 1.  If I do I can’t use it as a truck gun where I live.
View Quote

Congrats on the MCX!

Thats not an issue here so I form 1’d because stock>brace.

But in your shoes, I’d probably keep the brace so I could pack it.

One of the really nice things about the MCX over the AR is folding it small to carry around.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:45:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thetonk:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/226412/EF56AC6F-FE08-4967-A2B5-8D4B55693F61_jpe-1499424.JPG
Hey guys. Just got back into the virtus game.  Picked this up about a month ago for 1800.  Dealer got 5 in and out the rest on gunbroker. Got anywhere up to 3700 a piece for almost them.  That’s crazy.   So far I’ve changed out the brace for an sba4. Swapped out the trigger for an sd3g. Surefire m340 scour light. Viper pst 1-6 gen2 Geissele mount. Ferro slingster.   Having a lot of fun with it. Trying to decide if it’s worth from 1.  If I do I can’t use it as a truck gun where I live.
View Quote

You could form 1 it, but never put a stock on it, or engrave it.... and continue to use it as a pistol.  Then if the ATF ever puts a stop to pistol braces, you are already covered with a SBR.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:40:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JDangit] [#9]
Anybody know where to get a stock for this thing?   I E-Filed my Form1 and should be approved soon, but now I can’t find a stock!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No worries at all. Was using brass cased XM193 (5.56 spec), XM193 (223 spec), M855 and some 62 grain soft tip (Winchester series).

Springs looked great, extractor looked fine and ejector moved back/forth with a bullet tip pressing on it. Ejector is properly stiff, same as my standard 5.56 AR bolts. It spent most of its life in a box at grabagun, as it was a heavily discounted model from a couple years ago now. Still has the folding thick pistol brace that is similar to the pistol receiver extensions of an AR.

It worked great for 60 rounds unsuppressed, when I first shot it but ever since shooter it suppressed, it just hasn't liked being used unsuppressed. I followed re-assembly steps to the letter, after doing a full tear down of the Virtus, so I don't think I put something together wrong.

I'll leave it up to smarter individuals than myself, to figure it out. I'm anxious to know though, will be curious to see.

Sig sent me a shipping notification late last night, it's slated for delivery tomorrow. If all goes well I'll be able to see if they were able to replicate/fix the issue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Virtus back in hand.

Per the gunsmiths comments, the bolt has been replaced and was confirmed to work with 62 grain Fiocchi.

I'll see if I can get out to the range today, try out some M193 and check the reliability now. Here is hoping that it was just a bad bolt.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Virtus back in hand.

Per the gunsmiths comments, the bolt has been replaced and was confirmed to work with 62 grain Fiocchi.

I'll see if I can get out to the range today, try out some M193 and check the reliability now. Here is hoping that it was just a bad bolt.
View Quote

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like Sig was pretty quick on getting it back to you.   Keep us posted on how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like Sig was pretty quick on getting it back to you.   Keep us posted on how it goes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Virtus back in hand.

They were damn fast and spot on with the fix.

Did some suppressed shooting and bounced back to unsuppressed, no issues to report.

Used PMAGs, USGI and a Lancer, all locked on empty and all rounds positively ejected.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Efile approved for my MCX.

21 days total from application to approval.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Sweet! I'm on day 19!
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GrAvril:
Sweet! I'm on day 19!
View Quote

Day 60 for me today on the Radain lower I was planning on using for my 11.5" MCX upper, and on my MPX.  E filed them at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

Day 60 for me today on the Radain lower I was planning on using for my 11.5" MCX upper, and on my MPX.  E filed them at the same time.
View Quote
FYI, I had some issues with locking back the MCX bolt using the mag release button (you read that right) on my Radian AX556.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

View Quote

What service are you guys using for e-file?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By j-fonz:

What service are you guys using for e-file?
View Quote

ATF e-file, Forms Online
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
FYI, I had some issues with locking back the MCX bolt using the mag release button (you read that right) on my Radian AX556.
View Quote

Interesting.  I built the lower as a pistol, and have not yet had any problems.  It wouldn't lock back at all with the mag release?  I don't mind the setup, since I was using a red-catch on my SR-15.  It operates the same.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#21]
You hear the Silencer Shop applicants all got denied en mass? That's funny b/c I was annoyed I missed out and had to do it myself. Go fig
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Added the first part of my Virtus MCX today!

Now to find a TACOPS . . .
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Excellent. Share pic once its installed
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#24]
FYI received email from agent @ ATF. She wants photos of the serial # and model of MCX. Anyone submitting should add that when you do yours. Anyway I must be getting close
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

Interesting.  I built the lower as a pistol, and have not yet had any problems.  It wouldn't lock back at all with the mag release?  I don't mind the setup, since I was using a red-catch on my SR-15.  It operates the same.
View Quote
It seemed like maybe the shape of the MCX's BCG was interfering with the mag release/catch. I didn't mess with it much. Works fine with an AR upper.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:
Added the first part of my Virtus MCX today!

https://i.imgur.com/SIHEjSc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7zIct9e.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OEqbARW.jpg

Now to find a TACOPS . . .
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#27]
FYI received email from agent @ ATF. She wants photos of the serial # and model of MCX. Anyone submitting should add that when you do yours. Anyway I must be getting close
View Quote

I had a similar email with my Virtus SBR.  On the lower, it is listed as "MCX" for the model, but Sig submitted their manufacturing info with the model as "Virtus" for the Virtus serial number range.  I bought the lower by it self used and listed it as "MCX" but the ATF examiner had me correct it to "Virtus" due to the serial number range.  I was quick to get pics back and she was quick to approve my eform (18 days total).  She told me this is a common issue due to how Sig submitted their manufacturer info for the MCX family.  The "legacy" models are "MCX", newer are "Virtus" or "Rattler", and even though the lowers look identical (they are), the serial number range determines the model for the ATF.  The good thing is that the ATF knows this can be an issue, so they are asking for clarification rather than just disapproving forms.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By interfan:

I had a similar email with my Virtus SBR.  On the lower, it is listed as "MCX" for the model, but Sig submitted their manufacturing info with the model as "Virtus" for the Virtus serial number range.  I bought the lower by it self used and listed it as "MCX" but the ATF examiner had me correct it to "Virtus" due to the serial number range.  I was quick to get pics back and she was quick to approve my eform (18 days total).  She told me this is a common issue due to how Sig submitted their manufacturer info for the MCX family.  The "legacy" models are "MCX", newer are "Virtus" or "Rattler", and even though the lowers look identical (they are), the serial number range determines the model for the ATF.  The good thing is that the ATF knows this can be an issue, so they are asking for clarification rather than just disapproving forms.
View Quote

God, this just happened to me. I had listed it as Virtus and she disapproved it, so I resubmitted with another $200, this time putting down "SIG MCX" and got my tax stamp via email the next morning (today). Bunch of silliness.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I just got mine back today also - 21 Days total from date of application to approval.

Now I gotta find a stock!

LOL
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#30]

God, this just happened to me. I had listed it as Virtus and she disapproved it, so I resubmitted with another $200, this time putting down "SIG MCX" and got my tax stamp via email the next morning (today). Bunch of silliness.
View Quote

Exactly the opposite advice from one examiner to another.  God help us!
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:38:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BLKY] [#31]
I've always used the model number, for example RMCX-300B-16B-TAP-P-FDE and it has been approved.  This is what they told me to do.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JDangit:

I just got mine back today also - 21 Days total from date of application to approval.

LOL
View Quote

The telescoping only and minimalist stocks are around.  It's just the folding/telescoping regular stock that is OOS everywhere.

I went ahead and snagged a minimalist, even though I want a standard.  Won't get a chance to shoot it until Friday, but I think I preferred the brace to this one.  

Pictured with my other new Sig SBR.....

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#33]

The telescoping only and minimalist stocks are around.  It's just the folding/telescoping regular stock that is OOS everywhere.

I went ahead and snagged a minimalist, even though I want a standard.  Won't get a chance to shoot it until Friday, but I think I preferred the brace to this one.  

https://i.imgur.com/APyYo5o.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JDangit:

LOL

I just picked an FDE one (telescoping / folding) stock for $99 brand new from my LGS

They have 2 more if anyone wants one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:
I just picked an FDE one (telescoping / folding) stock for $99 brand new from my LGS

View Quote

Just FDE or black too?

Maybe it's time to suck it up and start rattlecan work.

Might have to pay you to snag and ship one for me.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Just FDE or black too?

View All Quotes

Just FDE or black too?

Just FDE unfortunately. I've been waiting for a black one for months now.

Saw them and thought the same thing "I can rattle can that!"
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Your inbox is full.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Your inbox is full.
View All Quotes

Your inbox is full.
Yeah used to be a paying member and my inbox is super full, you need to email unfortunately. Should be able to from my profile.

If you want me to snag one let me run by there tomorrow again and make sure I can get it before you pay me. I have no problem fronting the money to get it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Your inbox is full.
View All Quotes

Your inbox is full.

Just tried now myself and still full. Guessing he's gotten a lot of requests haha.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I have this stock that I am trying to trade for the telescoping/folding one... Buttttt...we will see if I can find one.

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 2:14:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GrAvril] [#40]
Looks like we all got our Form1s this week, very nice. Funny I have the fde folding but got the black minimalist today. If anyone comes across a good match for rattle can FDE please do share.
Noticed the shorter sd handguard is anodized so doesn't quite match the cerakote of the oem handguard btw, pronounced with camera flash

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Midwest Industries just contacted me.  Their 6" MCX Virtus is finally back in stock and should ship Monday.

I'll now be able to run my TACOPS like a poor man's Rattler.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By domestique1:
Midwest Industries just contacted me.  Their 6" MCX Virtus is finally back in stock and should ship Monday.

I'll now be able to run my TACOPS like a poor man's Rattler.
View Quote

Got the same call.

So I have a black MI rail coming, and a FDE stock, for my grey Virtus.

Its going to look fab-u-lous!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Got the same call.

So I have a black MI rail coming, and a FDE stock, for my grey Virtus.

Its going to look fab-u-lous!
View Quote

Nice.   If you didn't already pay, you "MIMAILER" for 10% off.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Looks like we all got our Form1s this week, very nice. Funny I have the fde folding but got the black minimalist today. If anyone comes across a good match for rattle can FDE please do share.
Noticed the shorter sd handguard is anodized so doesn't quite match the cerakote of the oem handguard btw, pronounced with camera flash

https://i.ibb.co/5x5xr4r/photo-2020-07-22-23-06-48.jpg
View Quote

What length handguard by chance?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#45]

https://i.ibb.co/5x5xr4r/photo-2020-07-22-23-06-48.jpg
View Quote

Which Sig suppressor are you using with your MCX?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I really want one of these.  Is there a reliable place to find them for sale?  They seem to be ghosts for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Big thanks to @fettesbrotde for finding a stock in stock at his local gun store.

It was cheaper to pay for his time and shipping+stock than it would have been to buy one online (if they were ever in stock) to boot.

And I like it a hell of a lot more than the minimalist.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to start spray painting things or live with the cacophony of colors that is my Virtus.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Big thanks to @fettesbrotde for finding a stock in stock at his local gun store.

It was cheaper to pay for his time and shipping+stock than it would have been to buy one online (if they were ever in stock) to boot.

And I like it a hell of a lot more than the minimalist.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to start spray painting things or live with the cacophony of colors that is my Virtus.  

https://i.imgur.com/ny777WP.jpg
View Quote
Looks dope!

I'll post up pics when i rattle can mine. Its a black APP rifle so still clashes with tan... but  I aint skeered!
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:
I really want one of these.  Is there a reliable place to find them for sale?  They seem to be ghosts for the most part.
View Quote

You can back order one at Proven Outfitters or Brownells. Also sign up for the Osage County Guns back in stock notifications.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#50]

What length handguard by chance?
View Quote

Originally Posted By CombatCat:

Which Sig suppressor are you using with your MCX?
View Quote

Definitely the 12" handguard. Looks like an SRD762-Ti on a 6.75".
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 30 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top