Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Sig MCX Virtus (Page 27 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
What’s the secret to removing the factory flash hider? Evidently it’s secured with rocksett.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SIASL:

I’m under the impression SIG had no idea the TacOps would become as popular as it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SIASL:
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
I wouldn't mind a MCX Tacops. But those things are as rare as hens teeth. Is that just because of COVID-19, or have those always been hard to find in stock? Limited release on them per production run?

I’m under the impression SIG had no idea the TacOps would become as popular as it is.

Definitely seems to be the case. Guess that is a good thing. I really enjoy my 11.5" Virtus. Great gun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BigChungus:
What’s the secret to removing the factory flash hider? Evidently it’s secured with rocksett.
View Quote

Don't think so....  Just that tapers work lol

it was tight... I will give you that
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]
What’s the secret to removing the factory flash hider? Evidently it’s secured with rocksett.
View Quote

I had to use a few packs of a rubber mallet on the wrench to get it to break free.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if this was covered earlier, any chance Sig will release 14.5” Virtus barrels?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the SURG upper?  Is that coming to the civilian market?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JK-919:
What about the SURG upper?  Is that coming to the civilian market?
View Quote

Looking at gunbroker there is already a couple of SURG for MCX for sale around the $2400 mark.  I've seen them at a few other random online retailers as well. 9" barrel with pinned/welded suppressor for a one-stamp gun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#8]
Originally Posted By rb889:
Not sure if this was covered earlier, any chance Sig will release 14.5" Virtus barrels?
View Quote

They make a 14.5 556 TAP barrel.  I have one I should throw up on EE.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

The make a 14.5 556 TAP barrel.  I have one I should throw up on EE.
View Quote

*Salivation intensifies*
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By M1A2Tanker:

Looking at gunbroker there is already a couple of SURG for MCX for sale around the $2400 mark.  I've seen them at a few other random online retailers as well. 9" barrel with pinned/welded suppressor for a one-stamp gun.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JK-919:
What about the SURG upper?  Is that coming to the civilian market?

Looking at gunbroker there is already a couple of SURG for MCX for sale around the $2400 mark.  I've seen them at a few other random online retailers as well. 9" barrel with pinned/welded suppressor for a one-stamp gun.

What is the UPC or product number for it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: call_me_ski] [#11]

View Quote

I believe the poster you responded to was asking about the SURG that was adopted by USSOCOM with an 11.5 inch 5.56 barrel and a suppressor with a heat shield around it rather than the typical suppressor handguard that Sig has sold for years.  

After the initial award in 2018 to USSOCOM it has been radio silence regarding that variant.  I am paying attention as I need it in my life as well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rb889] [#12]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

They make a 14.5 556 TAP barrel.  I have one I should throw up on EE.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rb889:
Not sure if this was covered earlier, any chance Sig will release 14.5" Virtus barrels?

They make a 14.5 556 TAP barrel.  I have one I should throw up on EE.

@silasB

TAP? You mean it's a Virtus barrel, using the tapered bolt?

Boner... Engaged.

And where would one look to buy such a barrel, hopefully pinned. Assuming you aren't interested in trading/selling yours, that is.

ETA: I see the Sig App/Osage County Guns had them at one point, out of stock... Along with the commie horseshit line "Only for qualer-fried and uniformed members of Mil/LE and first responders."

Can someone with greater patience than I explain to me... Why the hell is the 14.5" barrel only included in the "armed professional program," while the 11.5" barrel is freely available everywhere else?

Furthermore, why in the blue fuck is the county coroner on that list? Along with... NRA-certified instructors?

Almost the dumbest thing I've read today. Almost.

ETA2: Aha, found two more places by searching the SKU, Lone Star Firearms & Supply, and Shooting Sports Outlet.

Lone Star is cheaper than the other two places by $50.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:17:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#13]
It's a Virtus barrel and the flash hider is not pinned.  Part number is WCALX-MCX-14B-556-TAP. The W (whiskey) code references the APP/first responder/LE program, but they usually offer the same product commercially for a few bucks more. Just drop the W and search for it but I don't see that active anywhere. I have a spreadsheet that shows a commercial non-TAP (gen1 MCX) 14.5" barrel. Suspect not much commercial demand for that length so little motivation to crank a bunch in the new config.

My MCX stays as a 11.5 SBR.  The 14.5 556 barrel and a complete 16" 300blk upper just never got used.  Turned out I wasn't that motivated to play transformer.

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a Virtus barrel and the flash hider is not pinned.  Part number is WCALX-MCX-14B-556-TAP. The W (whiskey) code references the APP/first responder/LE program, but they usually offer the same product commercially for a few bucks more. Just drop the W and search for it but I don't see that active anywhere. I have a spreadsheet that shows a commercial non-TAP (gen1 MCX) 14.5" barrel. Suspect not much commercial demand for that length so little motivation to crank a bunch in the new config.

My MCX stays as a 11.5 SBR.  The 14.5 556 barrel and a complete 16" 300blk upper just never got used.  Turned out I wasn't that motivated to play transformer.

View Quote

Aha, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]
After wondering where my 6.75 barrel I ordered was from sig. I finally was able to get in touch with someone on the phone this AM. They notified me it was back ordered and had an error in the “system” when I placed the order showing incorrect stock. Would have been nice to know since I saw a couple for sale since then.

Oh well, Eform came in, so at least I have a 11.5 SBR to play with until I can figure out where to find a 6.75 .300.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:
After wondering where my 6.75 barrel I ordered was from sig. I finally was able to get in touch with someone on the phone this AM. They notified me it was back ordered and had an error in the “system” when I placed the order showing incorrect stock. Would have been nice to know since I saw a couple for sale since then.

Oh well, Eform came in, so at least I have a 11.5 SBR to play with until I can figure out where to find a 6.75 .300.
View Quote

Dang, I almost jumped on one of those last 6.75 at SIG.  Any lead on one currently?  Optics Planet ran out while I was thinking about it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

i heard that too. i soak mine in boiling water for 10mins and locked it up tight in a vice with blocks and it was still hard to get off.

a long handle breaker bar will help.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:57:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#18]
As an FYI to the Virtus/MCX Pistol community.

I picked up a CZCustom Brace bar and mounted a Tailhook Mod-1 to it - This is so much stronger better than the SB brace.  I looked at a SB brace locally, and it  was polymer and flimsy.  The CZCustom unit is all metal and locks up tight/solid.  It is very comfortable cheek weld as they have nicely beveled the edgs for a smooth feel.  First time in a long while I was impressed with an accessory.  This was made nicely.  I will post pics when Photobucket fixes its current problems!

I have https://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/evo-custom-parts/1913-knuckle-bar.htmlno affiliation with CZ Custom, just passing on to others that this is a nice alternative for bracing than the $200 polymer crap.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#19]

Aha, thanks.
View All Quotes
It's a Virtus barrel and the flash hider is not pinned.  Part number is WCALX-MCX-14B-556-TAP. The W (whiskey) code references the APP/first responder/LE program, but they usually offer the same product commercially for a few bucks more. Just drop the W and search for it but I don't see that active anywhere. I have a spreadsheet that shows a commercial non-TAP (gen1 MCX) 14.5" barrel. Suspect not much commercial demand for that length so little motivation to crank a bunch in the new config.

My MCX stays as a 11.5 SBR.  The 14.5 556 barrel and a complete 16" 300blk upper just never got used.  Turned out I wasn't that motivated to play transformer.

Aha, thanks.

Man, you made me google it. Interestingly, the 14.5" barrel has an NSN assigned to it!

https://www.parttarget.com/1005-01-663-2394_1005016632394_CALX-MCX-14B-556.html/-440C32CA-D1FA-4AC4-A43E-F04E1452E234
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the heads up, that thing looks pretty solid.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
What's the length of that?

Originally Posted By cherenkov:
As an FYI to the Virtus/MCX Pistol community.

I picked up a CZCustom Brace bar and mounted a Tailhook Mod-1 to it - 
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By vandal:
What's the length of that?

View Quote

approx 8.5 inches

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:15:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cdholmes] [#23]
Changed a few things around.  Not sure if it’s in its final configuration, but it’ll do for now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

Man, you made me google it. Interestingly, the 14.5" barrel has an NSN assigned to it!

https://www.parttarget.com/1005-01-663-2394_1005016632394_CALX-MCX-14B-556.html/-440C32CA-D1FA-4AC4-A43E-F04E1452E234
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

Aha, thanks.

I saw that, didn't feel like waiting a week to get a price quote.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Changed a few things around.  Not sure if it’s in its final configuration, but it’ll do for now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414212/231AED74-9743-4A97-8CE9-A42218941948_jpe-1427065.JPG
View Quote

Looks awesome.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:37:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#26]
Looking for a longer handguard for my Virtus. Do you guys prefer Sig or MI. Need it to fit a suppressor underneath it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Looking for a longer handguard for my Virtus. Do you guys prefer Sig or MI. Need it to fit a suppressor underneath it.
View Quote

I have both a 12" Sig SD rail (the one that comes with the TACOPS), and the 10" MI SD rail.  I currently have a 6" MI (non-SD) rail on back-order for turning my TACOPS into a poor mans Rattler.

SIG Pros:
+ Locks up TIGHT, no play at all. The MI has a slight wiggle to it when you first pick it up.  
+ QD attachments built in
+ Wider profile for the new suppressors with 1.75" diameter (SIG, Q, Dead Air, etc).

MI Pros:
+ Thinner Profile
+ In my opinion "looks" better (the piston ports are a lot smaller)

I personally prefer the MI on width alone.  I was originally just going to keep the SIG rail for spare parts, but If you decide to buy the SIG, I can post it in the EE and sell it for $115 shipped to your door.

It really comes down to:
Are you ever going to run a super FAT suppressor? if yes: SIG
Does the 2" diameter width of the SIG rail going to bother you? If No: SIG
Do you plan on running a laser that the slight wiggle of the MI rail may effect? If No: SIG

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By domestique1:

I have both a 12" Sig SD rail (the one that comes with the TACOPS), and the 10" MI SD rail.  I currently have a 6" MI (non-SD) rail on back-order for turning my TACOPS into a poor mans Rattler.

SIG Pros:
+ Locks up TIGHT, no play at all. The MI has a slight wiggle to it when you first pick it up.  
+ Wider profile for the new suppressors with 1.75" diameter (SIG, Q, Dead Air, etc).

MI Pros:
+ Thinner Profile

I personally prefer the MI on width alone.  I was originally just going to keep the SIG rail for spare parts, but If you decide to buy the SIG, I can post it in the EE and sell it for $115 shipped to your door.

It really comes down to:
Do you plan on running a laser that the slight wiggle of the MI rail may effect? If No: SIG

View All Quotes

SIG Pros:

MI Pros:
+ Thinner Profile

It really comes down to:

My fattest suppressors at the moment are 1.56" diameter and smaller. So at this point, it seems a MI rail is the best route to go in that regard.

I do like the tight fit of the Sig factory rail. Is the MI rail lose enough that it is an issue?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#29]

My fattest suppressors at the moment are 1.56" diameter and smaller. So at this point, it seems a MI rail is the best route to go in that regard.

I do like the tight fit of the Sig factory rail. Is the MI rail lose enough that it is an issue?
View Quote

I only have a sample of one, so I'm not sure if it is all MI rails, or just my copy... but have read of others experiencing loose MI rails with the MCX platform.

Honestly it's hard to describe... I feel the movement when I pick up the rifle from sitting in the safe. Kind of like the feeling you get when your grip screw isn't fully torqued down.  After I pick up the rifle I can't really get it to wiggle back and forth.  I haven't tired bending the sides in, adding a front sight to the joining point to bridge the rails, or any other methods. CDNN has MCX rail links for sale (I may try replacing the MI one to see if it is a tighter fit). The movement feels like there is slight play on the sides of the rail that slip over the receiver.  

I don't plan on running a laser on my rail, so to me it's really a non-issue, but something worth mentioning.  The smaller width, better looks (my opinion), and shorter length makes the MI rail a better option for my uses.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Looking to get into the MCX/Virtus game. The concrete 11.5" pistol to SBR later looks to be my preference.

Are they available anywhere retailer wise?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stretch415:
Looking to get into the MCX/Virtus game. The concrete 11.5" pistol to SBR later looks to be my preference.

Are they available anywhere retailer wise?
View Quote

They are out there. Just hard to find at the moment. Sign up for in stock notification is the best bet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: domestique1] [#33]
TACOPS in stock

No relation to this company or if they have actual stock or drop ship... but I just got an email that they have TACOPS in stock... looks like 10 when I try adding the max to checkout.

https://shootingsurplus.com/talo-mcx-virtus-300blk-6-75-30rd-crane-break/
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By NemesisMind:
Ordered one.
View Quote

Nice!  Hopefully it comes quick.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#36]
TACOPS in stock

No relation to this company or if they have actual stock or drop ship... but I just got an email that they have TACOPS in stock... looks like 10 when I try adding the max to checkout.

https://shootingsurplus.com/talo-mcx-virtus-300blk-6-75-30rd-crane-break/
View Quote

SOLD OUT! looks like it was all the same distributor and they had about 10. Saw a bunch on GB but now all taken down. Nice snag for those who got one!
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#37]
How often does Sig release new batches of 556 Virtus pistols?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
How often does Sig release new batches of 556 Virtus pistols?
View Quote

As often as we can lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:00:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By coregon:

As often as we can lol
View Quote

Did y’all experience a long shut down from covid-19? I guess that would go a long ways to explaining it. Keep checking my email for an inventory alert or update.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:18:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#40]

Did y’all experience a long shut down from covid-19? I guess that would go a long ways to explaining it. Keep checking my email for an inventory alert or update.
View All Quotes

As often as we can lol

No, we've been lucky and didn't lose any production.  Th demand for our products is at an all-time high - not even mentioning the LE/MIL/International contracts that we are signing daily.

ETA:  I think it gets lost on these boards sometimes how many gun owners aren't on the internet.  The number of MCX we ship is very high - but not all of them find there way onto Instagram or an online retailer.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#42]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2yAMXguW8
View Quote

I can't wait to get mine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Took out the 11.5” today...  am I crazy or is the flash hider like a tuning fork?  Super loud pinging on every shot...  just curious...  Either way I am replacing with a Dead Air Mount...

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JDangit:
Took out the 11.5” today...  am I crazy or is the flash hider like a tuning fork?  Super loud pinging on every shot...  just curious...  Either way I am replacing with a Dead Air Mount...

View Quote

Yes - Common on many prong Flash Hiders like the AAC 51Ts I have and oddly the Cage Flash Hider on the Ruger AC-556 or Mini-14 GB those are the worst. Pinging tuning fork sound just closing the action and I agree annoying.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#46]

No, we've been lucky and didn't lose any production.  Th demand for our products is at an all-time high - not even mentioning the LE/MIL/International contracts that we are signing daily.

ETA:  I think it gets lost on these boards sometimes how many gun owners aren't on the internet.  The number of MCX we ship is very high - but not all of them find there way onto Instagram or an online retailer.
View Quote

Finally!!!! Got one off PSA in the early hours this morning! Absolutely going to SBR it. Now need to stay on the hunt for the folding/collapsible stock haha.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone been able to track one of these rifles down for sale lately?

I have been looking for a 16" 5.56 Silver colored rifle for almost 4 months with no luck what so ever.  Or at least does any one know why they can't be found, freaking awesome rifles would love to find one
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:52:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: domestique1] [#48]
Originally Posted By Fate0n3:
Anyone been able to track one of these rifles down for sale lately?

I have been looking for a 16" 5.56 Silver colored rifle for almost 4 months with no luck what so ever.  Or at least does any one know why they can't be found, freaking awesome rifles would love to find one
View Quote

Your best bet is subscribing to as many online sellers as possible.  They sell out within hours of instock notifications.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Your best bet is subscribing to as many online sellers as possible.  They sell out within hours of instock notifications.
View Quote

Any online retailers you know of that get them in stock frequent?  I have been watching Xtreme Guns and ammo for a few weeks with no luck, I am staying away from gun broker. I have signed up on a few sites for stock notifications, can't remember names of the sites but a few but have never gotten a notification.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Fate0n3:

Any online retailers you know of that get them in stock frequent?  I have been watching Xtreme Guns and ammo for a few weeks with no luck, I am staying away from gun broker. I have signed up on a few sites for stock notifications, can't remember names of the sites but a few but have never gotten a notification.
View Quote

Rifle Gear, Impact Guns, Grab a Gun, Gallery of Guns, Omaha Outdoors, and Cabelas to name a few.

I would find the exact manufacturer SKU and google search that. Any gun shop that pops up in the search criteria, subscribe to an instock notification.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 27 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top