Price is full MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By domestique1:
11.5" Virtus barrel kit in stock. 

Price is full MSRP.
View Quote

It’s actually moreIf it’s where I think it is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone had concerns with putting supers through the 1/5 twist barrels?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:42:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#4]
Originally Posted By SIASL:
Has anyone had concerns with putting supers through the 1/5 twist barrels?
View Quote

No issues here. Run the 120s fine in the Rattler and the 9” Virtus.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By goloud:

No issues here. Run the 120s fine in BoxThe the Rattler and the 9” Virtus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Has anyone had concerns with putting supers through the 1/5 twist barrels?

No issues here. Run the 120s fine in BoxThe the Rattler and the 9” Virtus.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#6]

Thanks
View Quote

I was happy with the groups with the SBR Ammo. Wondered the same as you.

I need to pull a few bullets and measure the lengths compared to the subs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

It’s actually moreIf it’s where I think it is.
View Quote

lol, I totally forgot to post the link.  

It's Midwest if anyone is interested.  I paid close to that from SIG a couple weeks ago. It DID come with new bolt.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone ever try a LAGE USA stock?  They make a 5 degree right sided folder... which may work with the forward assist, but will probably need the DIY delete modification that the Rattler uses.  It would make deploying the stock while slung tight against the body a little easier, and make the overall width smaller (lights and laser are all on the right side already).

I'm thinking about giving one a try once my Form 1 is back.

Here it is on a MPX. (MPX- K-Stock, Right Folding, 5 Deg. Cant)
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:17:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#9]
Anyone sees a virtus 6.75in .300 blackout barrel

Edit: snagged one for 530! Give Sig Pro shop a call, they have a couple left.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Just bought a SRD762 before they are all gone. Now I need one of those 6.75 barrels for a LVAW setup.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:
Just bought a SRD762 before they are all gone. Now I need one of those 6.75 barrels for a LVAW setup.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]
@coregon if you can share, do you know if this folding-telescoping stock is discontinued?

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Cant resist that LVAW life. I think Im gonna need to SBR another MCX now. Too many uppers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:

Cant resist that LVAW life. I think Im gonna need to SBR another MCX now. Too many uppers.
View Quote

One the hunt for another MCX lower... race you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By blackofwhite:
@coregon if you can share, do you know if this folding-telescoping stock is discontinued?

https://i.imgur.com/vunfZCf.jpg
View Quote

Not coregon, but it's still on the latest 2020 price list I have and is pictured in all the current product photos.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

Not coregon, but it's still on the latest 2020 price list I have and is pictured in all the current product photos.
View Quote

Thanks! Guess I just have to wait.... my tacops is just missing that last piece of the puzzle.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:12:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#17]
So finally had a chance to sneak off to the range. Only took 140rds with me but was great while it lasted. Ran most of it in binary and was floored at how fun it is. Cycled 60rds of Sig 120gr SBR supers 60rds of Sig 205 tipped hunting subs and 20rds Rem UMC 220gr subs without issue.

ETA: If you’ve ever wanted FA but not the NFA bs and associated cost then I highly recommend getting binary. It is something else with subs.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#18]
So finally had a chance to sneak off to the range. Only took 140rds with me but was great while it lasted. Ran most of it in binary and was floored at how fun it is. Cycled 60rds of Sig 120gr SBR supers 60rds of Sig 205 tipped hunting subs and 20rds Rem UMC 220gr subs without issue.

ETA: If you’ve ever wanted FA but not the NFA bs and associated cost then I highly recommend getting binary. It is something else with subs.
View Quote

So a BFS3 works in an MCX Virtus?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:53:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#19]
Originally Posted By tbuck:

So a BFS3 works in an MCX Virtus?
View All Quotes
So finally had a chance to sneak off to the range. Only took 140rds with me but was great while it lasted. Ran most of it in binary and was floored at how fun it is. Cycled 60rds of Sig 120gr SBR supers 60rds of Sig 205 tipped hunting subs and 20rds Rem UMC 220gr subs without issue.

ETA: If you’ve ever wanted FA but not the NFA bs and associated cost then I highly recommend getting binary. It is something else with subs.

So a BFS3 works in an MCX Virtus?

Unofficially, a definitive “Yes”.

ETA: I doubt anyone from SIG or FA will ever support the application and I don’t blame them, but it really is kick ass.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Unofficially, a definitive “Yes”.
View Quote

Well shit have one sitting here. Maybe I will slap it in my Rattler and try it out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#21]

Well shit have one sitting here. Maybe I will slap it in my Rattler and try it out.
View All Quotes

Unofficially, a definitive “Yes”.

Well shit have one sitting here. Maybe I will slap it in my Rattler and try it out.

You’ll want to look back a few pages to figure out what is necessary for the install.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone sees a virtus 6.75in .300 blackout barrel

Edit: snagged one for 530! Give Sig Pro shop a call, they have a couple left.
View Quote

Just snagged one myself.

Excited to give it a try but will need to get a handguard first.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

Just snagged one myself.

Excited to give it a try but will need to get a handguard first.
View Quote

I do as well, but figured might as well wait till suppressor is green lighted.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#24]

I do as well, but figured might as well wait till suppressor is green lighted.
View All Quotes

Just snagged one myself.

Excited to give it a try but will need to get a handguard first.

I do as well, but figured might as well wait till suppressor is green lighted.

I'll be using my Surefire 7.62 QD can for now, will eventually get a more appropriate setup.

Will probably grab both the Sig suppressed handguard to make it my own Tacops setup and a Midwest Industries one for backpack use.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:55:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#25]

I'll be using my Surefire 7.62 QD can for now, will eventually get a more appropriate setup.

Will probably grab both the Sig suppressed handguard to make it my own Tacops setup and a Midwest Industries one for backpack use.
View Quote

I'm going the Tacops route as well.  But i was considering a Midwest Industries.
Didn't someone say some of Sig's handguards came anodized instead of cerakoted?

Also, I can't find anything on the weight difference, does any know the weight of the SIG SD handguard?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#26]

I'm going the Tacops route as well.  But i was considering a Midwest Industries. 
Didn't someone say some of Sig's handguards came anodized instead of cerakoted?

Also, I can't find anything on the weight difference, does any know the weight of the SIG SD handguard?
View All Quotes

I'll be using my Surefire 7.62 QD can for now, will eventually get a more appropriate setup.

Will probably grab both the Sig suppressed handguard to make it my own Tacops setup and a Midwest Industries one for backpack use.

I'm going the Tacops route as well.  But i was considering a Midwest Industries. 

Also, I can't find anything on the weight difference, does any know the weight of the SIG SD handguard?

Only reason I'm looking at the Midwest Industries one is for the ultra compact setup. Their 6" handguard plays wonderfully with the 6.75" barrel, when it comes to being able to put it in a small pack.

I'm planning on using that to replace my SP5K, which will be demoted for fun at the range and no longer used as my pack setup.

The Sig handguard would be to mimic the TACOPS. I doubt I'll use the 300BLK setup in classes though, unless the cost of 300BLK finds a way to get a bit lower. Already did a 500 round class with a LWRC Six8 PDW in 6.8 SPC, was a rather expensive experience haha.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Only reason I'm looking at the Midwest Industries one is for the ultra compact setup. Their 6" handguard plays wonderfully with the 6.75" barrel, when it comes to being able to put it in a small pack.

I'm planning on using that to replace my SP5K, which will be demoted for fun at the range and no longer used as my pack setup.

The Sig handguard would be to mimic the TACOPS. I doubt I'll use the 300BLK setup in classes though, unless the cost of 300BLK finds a way to get a bit lower. Already did a 500 round class with a LWRC Six8 PDW in 6.8 SPC, was a rather expensive experience haha.
View Quote

I know Wolf .300 BLK steel case is suppose to be here soon. Was delayed a little and then COVID-19 hit. But it is coming. For $200/1000.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

I know Wolf .300 BLK steel case is suppose to be here soon. Was delayed a little and then COVID-19 hit. But it is coming. For $200/1000.
View All Quotes

Only reason I'm looking at the Midwest Industries one is for the ultra compact setup. Their 6" handguard plays wonderfully with the 6.75" barrel, when it comes to being able to put it in a small pack.

I'm planning on using that to replace my SP5K, which will be demoted for fun at the range and no longer used as my pack setup.

The Sig handguard would be to mimic the TACOPS. I doubt I'll use the 300BLK setup in classes though, unless the cost of 300BLK finds a way to get a bit lower. Already did a 500 round class with a LWRC Six8 PDW in 6.8 SPC, was a rather expensive experience haha.

I know Wolf .300 BLK steel case is suppose to be here soon. Was delayed a little and then COVID-19 hit. But it is coming. For $200/1000.

Not a fan of steel or aluminum cased ammo. I know that in the long run it "can" save money but I'd rather stick to brass cased ammo, this will include for 300blk as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Not a fan of steel or aluminum cased ammo. I know that in the long run it "can" save money but I'd rather stick to brass cased ammo, this will include for 300blk as well.
View All Quotes

Not a fan of steel or aluminum cased ammo. I know that in the long run it "can" save money but I'd rather stick to brass cased ammo, this will include for 300blk as well.

Then the best option would be to start reloading.

Right now factory brass ammo is $620-650/1000 for FMJ. Hopefully $200/1000 Wolf ammo will cause someone to sell brass ammo for less than it currently goes for. More competition is a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

My black TACOPS rail was not cerakoted but an anodized/parkarized type finish. I'm not sure what the FDE rails are, but they look cerakoted.

I sold my 12" SD rail for the Midwest Industries 10" Suppressor rail... the slimmer profile feels better, and looks better IMHO (smaller cutouts for gas piston adjustment). I also have a 6" MI rail on order, but it's currently backordered for a couple weeks.

I have a 11.5" 5.56 barrel for mine, and will probably buy a MI regular profile 10" at some point as well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#31]

My black TACOPS rail was not cerakoted but an anodized/parkarized type finish. I'm not sure what the FDE rails are, but they look cerakoted.

I sold my 12" SD rail for the Midwest Industries 10" Suppressor rail... the slimmer profile feels better, and looks better IMHO (smaller cutouts for gas piston adjustment). I also have a 6" MI rail on order, but it's currently backordered for a couple weeks.

I have a 11.5" 5.56 barrel for mine, and will probably buy a MI regular profile 10" at some point as well.
View Quote

How do the MI rails fit in your opinion?   I've heard mixed reviews.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

How do the MI rails fit in your opinion?   I've heard mixed reviews.
View Quote

Interested in this, too. The Botkin kids are telling everyone that will listen that the MI SD rail wobbles.

Curious if that is true because I am on the fence between MI SD and Factory SD.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:19:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: domestique1] [#33]
Originally Posted By Ghostdog1066:

Interested in this, too. The Botkin kids are telling everyone that will listen that the MI SD rail wobbles. 

Curious if that is true because I am on the fence between MI SD and Factory SD.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ghostdog1066:
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

How do the MI rails fit in your opinion?   I've heard mixed reviews.

Interested in this, too. The Botkin kids are telling everyone that will listen that the MI SD rail wobbles. 

Curious if that is true because I am on the fence between MI SD and Factory SD.

I only have an example of 1, and almost all my other rifles are LMT monolithic uppers... so I'm probably more sensitive to movement than others.

I wouldn't say they wobble. But there IS a slight play in the rail if you try to make it move. It slides on tight, but could be tighter (I wouldn't want it any looser). I haven't played around with it enough to see if slightly bending the contact points would make it tighter... but it definitely doesn't wobble.

I'm honestly not concerned with it, as the optic sits on the solid receiver, and I'm not using the MCX for a dedicated NV rig with laser. If that were the case, I'd try to bridge an accessory where the rails connect.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone know the typical street price for a Sig MCX Virtus pistol in 556? Thinking of getting one to SBR or use as a upper for a M16 I've got access to.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#35]
$1900 is the best price I could find when I was looking for one a mouth ago...   if you can find one 2k is fare in this current market IMO
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:
$1900 is the best price I could find when I was looking for one a mouth ago...   if you can find one 2k is fare in this current market IMO
View Quote

Was able to get my 11.5 FDE for 1690 from grabagun, back in late January. Doubt that will be common now though, panic wasn't going yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Anyone know the typical street price for a Sig MCX Virtus pistol in 556? Thinking of getting one to SBR or use as a upper for a M16 I've got access to.
View Quote

$2300
https://utahgunexchange.com/ads/bnib-sig-mcx-virtus-556/
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know the typical street price for a Sig MCX Virtus pistol in 556? Thinking of getting one to SBR or use as a upper for a M16 I've got access to.
View Quote

They've gone up significantly since the panic buy.  Guns in general are more rare, but the MCX was already desirable before hand, especially in the configuration you want.  There was one for $2400 on GB yesterday, but it was the one and only.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#39]
Originally Posted By Headspacer:

$2300
https://utahgunexchange.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/58858-500x200.jpeg

I got my grey Virtus 11.5" pistol for $1800 just a couple of weeks ago. Just need to wait for Sig to get more shipped out to dealers and distributors.

Was able to get my 11.5 FDE for 1690 from grabagun, back in late January. Doubt that will be common now though, panic wasn't going yet.

Is that the one with the new duo trigger? I guess FDE is/was on closeout since Sig is not making them (FDE) any longer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#40]

I got my grey Virtus 11.5" pistol for $1800 just a couple of weeks ago. Just need to wait for Sig to get more shipped out to dealers and distributors.

Is that the one with the new duo trigger? I guess FDE is/was on closeout since Sig is not making them (FDE) any longer.
View All Quotes

$2300

I got my grey Virtus 11.5" pistol for $1800 just a couple of weeks ago. Just need to wait for Sig to get more shipped out to dealers and distributors.

Was able to get my 11.5 FDE for 1690 from grabagun, back in late January. Doubt that will be common now though, panic wasn't going yet.

Is that the one with the new duo trigger? I guess FDE is/was on closeout since Sig is not making them (FDE) any longer.

Yup, has the Duo trigger but still has the old folding brace design.

Just received my 6.75" barrel from Sig today, decided to slap it into my Virtus upper. Still needing to get the MI handguard, hopefully I'll be able to order that this Friday.

I'm amazed at how compact this setup is, rather close to the stock SP5K in OAL. Seems to also fit perfectly in my bag, will be a little tighter once I get my suppressor flash hider on it but it will still work.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Which MI handguard are you going with?  The 6" Virtus is backordered (5-7) weeks still. I ordered one on April 20th, and was told 8-10

Yup, has the Duo trigger but still has the old folding brace design.

Just received my 6.75" barrel from Sig today, decided to slap it into my Virtus upper. Still needing to get the MI handguard, hopefully I'll be able to order that this Friday.

I'm amazed at how compact this setup is, rather close to the stock SP5K in OAL. Seems to also fit perfectly in my bag, will be a little tighter once I get my suppressor flash hider on it but it will still work.

https://i.imgur.com/9ukwyvT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WUn4fd3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ij9XHQm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Y6aDWIB.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Which MI handguard are you going with?  The 6" Virtus is backordered (5-7) weeks still. I ordered one on April 20th, and was told 8-10

View All Quotes
Which MI handguard are you going with?  The 6" Virtus is backordered (5-7) weeks still. I ordered one on April 20th, and was told 8-10

Yup, has the Duo trigger but still has the old folding brace design.

Just received my 6.75" barrel from Sig today, decided to slap it into my Virtus upper. Still needing to get the MI handguard, hopefully I'll be able to order that this Friday.

I'm amazed at how compact this setup is, rather close to the stock SP5K in OAL. Seems to also fit perfectly in my bag, will be a little tighter once I get my suppressor flash hider on it but it will still work.

https://i.imgur.com/9ukwyvT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WUn4fd3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ij9XHQm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Y6aDWIB.jpg

Going to have to get in the queue for that 6" setup. Primary intent of this is to be able to ride in the pack, the suppressor use handguard would defeat that purpose.

Damn the wait but such is life haha.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Hmm, I'll keep waiting around then. Did you just add yourself to the notification lists for online gun shops?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: domestique1] [#44]

Hmm, I'll keep waiting around then. Did you just add yourself to the notification lists for online gun shops?
View Quote

Get yourself on as many online stores as possible.

I had good luck with Rifle Gear (they actually have the actual item  in house), and shipped the next day.  Soo many are just selling from their distributors pages, and their inventory isn't always accurate.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Hmm, I'll keep waiting around then. Did you just add yourself to the notification lists for online gun shops?
View All Quotes

Yup, exactly. Get on as many lists as possible. Even then it isn't guaranteed depending when you get the email (if it hits middle of the night). I think I had to wait 4-5 weeks to finally find one and get it ordered when I was ready.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#46]

$2300

Already gone. Not mine BTW
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I wouldn't mind a MCX Tacops. But those things are as rare as hens teeth. Is that just because of COVID-19, or have those always been hard to find in stock? Limited release on them per production run?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I wouldn't mind a MCX Tacops. But those things are as rare as hens teeth. Is that just because of COVID-19, or have those always been hard to find in stock? Limited release on them per production run?
View Quote

I’m under the impression SIG had no idea the TacOps would become as popular as it is.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#50]
My friend that has been looking for one for almost 2 months now, was finally able to source one from a distributor in Colorado.  Its the Grey Virtus 11.5 pistol.  Came with a 15 round mag....  but at least he got one!  

They are out there...just got to be patient and search.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 26 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top