BCM
User Panel

Sig MCX Virtus (Page 25 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

It was from a vendor, fwiw. Ended up snagging it after talked with a rep through work who does some sig stuff. Said with high demand of guns going on, that is the focus. Said to expect 60-120 days but not exact time frame. Rather have the 11.5 when stamp gets approved and spend the extra 50. Did MI ever make a FDE/tan handguard?

Probably just pick up a FDE 10in SD handguard from Sig.
View Quote

Did it come with a bolt?

I paid full SIG price off their website, but it included a bolt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:45:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kgknight1037] [#2]
Does anyone know if the 16 inch 556 caliber exchange kit barrel is tapered?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#3]
Originally Posted By domestique1:

Did it come with a bolt?

I paid full SIG price off their website, but it included a bolt.
View Quote

Not sure... I’ll find out. Now I feel like an idiot, but is it needed to run 11.5 barrel?

Edit: said doesn’t remember seeing one in the box and only remembers seeing them in .300 blackout barrel kits. So, not sure..
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kgknight1037:
Does anyone know if the 16 inch 556 caliber exchange kit barrel is tapered?
View Quote
If the part number ends in -TAP it is
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:
If the part number ends in -TAP it is
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Not sure... I'll find out. Now I feel like an idiot, but is it needed to run 11.5 barrel?

Edit: said doesn't remember seeing one in the box and only remembers seeing them in .300 blackout barrel kits. So, not sure..
View Quote
I'd check with him again...
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
550 fair price for a 11.5 Virtus barrel?
View Quote

If you want for Sig to catch up with demand and start making barrel kits again, you can get a factory new for $500. If you aren't in a rush, I would just wait. Or get the price down.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Not sure... I’ll find out. Now I feel like an idiot, but is it needed to run 11.5 barrel?

Edit: said doesn’t remember seeing one in the box and only remembers seeing them in .300 blackout barrel kits. So, not sure..
View Quote

First, try SIG. another member called them up and they sent him a bolt.

If you don’t have luck with SIG, PM me your address. I have a new/unused bolt I’ll send you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By goloud:

First, try SIG. another member called them up and they sent him a bolt.

If you don’t have luck with SIG, PM me your address. I have a new/unused bolt I’ll send you.
View Quote

Soon as it comes in I’ll do that if it’s not in the box. It should be brand new from factory, snagged it from a dealer in neveda.. If they don’t, I’ll shoot you a PM and buy it from you. I wasn’t aware it was supposed to come with the bolt, I checked Sig’s site and description and it wasn’t mentioned so I figured it matched up and was good to go. Even got sku # from the guy to verify.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Just picked up a helicopter brace off a member, it does indeed do a meatspin at the worst possible time, in addition to being a bit more flexible than I thought it would be. Waiting on a GHW no-spin Tailhook adapter and DirtyJ non-buttpad "devoid filler." Will post my thoughts on that whenever I get to try it out.

I now come to realize that no one, anywhere, has a Mod 1 Tailhook in stock.  

Kinda debating on doing a form 1 for a real stock, nothing else to do in my off time during quarantine.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Pop an o-ring in there, and tighten it up with pliers. No more helicopter that your wife would be jealous of.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Pop an o-ring in there, and tighten it up with pliers. No more helicopter that your wife would be jealous of.
View Quote

Debating on a can for .300 blackout atm, i think i'm going to stick with Sig's line. However, i know they are going to release new cans. Is it worth the wait to go with the new 3D printed ones coming out, price drop on current sigs (if there is one), or possibly a Nomad30 ( I know someone was saying it was really quiet as well).
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Debating on a can for .300 blackout atm, i think i'm going to stick with Sig's line. However, i know they are going to release new cans. Is it worth the wait to go with the new 3D printed ones coming out, price drop on current sigs (if there is one), or possibly a Nomad30 ( I know someone was saying it was really quiet as well).
View Quote

The SIG cans are great. Steel if you plan on running it hard. Titanium to save weight. Direct thread for set and forget. Or QD for swapping. Good deals are out there.

Nomad L is super quiet. Nomad is quiet an a bit shorter.

YHM Resonator for price to performance value.

I bet the 3D SIG cans will be good, but I can’t recommend anything I haven’t personally shot. I had a brief amount of time with the MIL versions at SHOT and they seemed good. But the consumer ones are supposed to be quieter.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#14]

The SIG cans are great. Steel if you plan on running it hard. Titanium to save weight. Direct thread for set and forget. Or QD for swapping. Good deals are out there.

I bet the 3D SIG cans will be good, but I can’t recommend anything I haven’t personally shot. I had a brief amount of time with the MIL versions at SHOT and they seemed good. But the consumer ones are supposed to be quieter.
View Quote

Thats what I was most curious about. I know they mentioned price point MSRP would be around 1000+.
I think initial time was around Summer, but they may be pushed farther back?

Are the consumer ones tan as well? or was that just MIL? All i saw in the shotshow video was tan on display.
Hmmm.. might just narrow down between new Sig or Nomad. Or... both is always the right answer
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Thats what I was most curious about. I know they mentioned price point MSRP would be around 1000+.

Are the consumer ones tan as well? or was that just MIL? All i saw in the shotshow video was tan on display.
Hmmm.. might just narrow down between new Sig or Nomad. Or... both is always the right answer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You should also check out the Energetic Armament Vox if you haven't already. It is made from C300 maraging steel which is much stronger than stainless steel or Titanium. Been looking at them myself.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

You should also check out the Energetic Armament Vox if you haven't already. It is made from C300 maraging steel which is much stronger than stainless steel or Titanium. Been looking at them myself.
View Quote

i've never heard of them, i'll check them out now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/23/energetic-armament-vox/

They are great people. Great silencers too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

There is also a good thread in the Silencer forum that is worth checking out. Sig also makes a great suppressor, as does YHM, Dead Air and many others. Just depends how much you want to spend, construction material and method you want, size, weight, QD mounts....etc.  Lots of great choices.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Introducing-The-Energetic-VOX/20-489039/
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I have a sig762QDTi on my mcx and really looking at sig 762SRD or Sig762-10. Probably for a 6.75inch virtus barrel. Isn't the 762-10 basically same as my 762QDTi except direct thread. Any reason I should pick one or the other besides cost?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#20]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:

I have a sig762QDTi on my mcx and really looking at sig 762SRD or Sig762-10. Probably for a 6.75inch virtus barrel. Isn't the 762-10 basically same as my 762QDTi except direct thread. Any reason I should pick one or the other besides cost?
View Quote

Haven’t seen it called the “-10” but I assume it’s the direct thread Ti version.

ETA - A little birdie from NH informed me the “-10” is a 10 baffle version as opposed to the standard 13.

If you are planning on running it hard with supers and/or using the 5.5” barrel, get the steel. If you are mostly running subs and/or don’t do multiple mag dumps with supers, the Ti is nice for the weight.

I’m thinking about doing the same thing, have the 762SRDTi-QD and may pickup the 762SRD for the 6.75” barrel.

Most of us mortals won’t wear out a silencer. Titanium or not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#21]
The 10 baffle Ti can is still longer than the srd steel when I checked.  Might need to go steel for durability and compactness. Is the 762-10 closer to the LVAW one?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/DC18B891-3A98-4ADF-A6AD-3362E9F93258-1389638.jpg

The Ti-10 is shit hot!

I spent a lot of time bugging folks at Sig about cans and decided the Ti-10 was the best balance of length, weight, and sound suppression for me.

I went Ti because knew I was going to run this gun 90% subs and wanted the reduced weight and direct thread because it was going to be dedicated to the barrel (6.75”) and it was never going to get shot unsuppressed, and I like the aggressive look of the wrench flats/strike face.

That made it between that and the SRD762Ti, but I decided if I was going to build a short 300BLK gun, I wanted it to be shorter than my 5.56 guns—with the SRD762Ti it basically bumps you back up to the length of a 10.5” 5.56 and 6” suppressor (6.75” barrel and 9.3” suppressor). The SRD762Ti suppresses slightly better, but the Ti-10 is still very quiet, so to me the reduced length was more worthwhile.

The SRD762-QD is also slightly longer than the Ti-10 as well, especially when you consider the length added by QD attachment mechanism.

~Augee
View Quote

Which length barrel? Which handguard? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:12:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#25]
Think I’m between the 762TIQD or Nomad-L.
Was leaning Nomad L until I found out it’s direct thread until you snag the Keymo. But then it’s about the same price I suppose.
Edit: unless I misunderstand info on them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Think I’m between the 762TIQD or Nomad-L.
Was leaning Nomad L until I found out it’s direct thread until you snag the Keymo. But then it’s about the same price I suppose.
Edit: unless I misunderstand info on them.
View Quote

Really liking this. Nomad 30 plan A setup.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tbuck:

Really liking this. Nomad 30 plan A setup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/765/30C47911-4CA8-4D27-8D9D-25D650C78A73_jpe-1391562.JPG

View Quote

That's hot!

I'm thinking about snagging the 6.75in BLK barrel and 8in MI Suppressor rail with a 2in KAK flash can until my Nomad clears.  So I can shoot supers and dream subsonic dreams.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I am running a SureFire 300sps on a Tacops.  While it is heavy, but not too too bad...   I still ordered a SRD762Ti while they were in stock.   Light and thick cans they are, plus it fills up the SD handguards nicely.....can't wait to get it on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:53:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BiggestLittleEM] [#29]
New to the forum. Thought I would show my virtus with 11.5in 5.56 and it's SRD762-QD. Really happy with the rifle.

Edit: Not sure how to get the image to post, Image shows in preview but not in actual post. I am only getting links to appear. Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BiggestLittleEM:
New to the forum. Thought I would show my virtus with 11.5in 5.56 and it's SRD762-QD. Really happy with the rifle.

https://imgur.com/hGD4ZWt

Edit: Not sure how to get the image to post, Image shows in preview but not in actual post. I am only getting links to appear. Any help would be appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/hGD4ZWts.jpg
View Quote

You need to use the image extension in the code. Good looking stick!

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#31]
Originally Posted By NemesisMind:

You need to use the image extension in the code. Good looking stick!

https://imgur.com/hGD4ZWt.jpg
View Quote

Very nice!

Until the tax stamp arrives to throw on the 11.5 barrel..Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#32]
NemesisMind thank you for the tip. I think I have it figured out now.

Tacticool_Duck How do you like the kate moss on the mcx? I have one on a mpx, it is thin making me think it would be uncomfortable with more recoil than 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

My new truck gun...    I have a new surefire 640 in FDE on the way to complete the package lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BiggestLittleEM:
NemesisMind thank you for the tip. I think I have it figured out now.

Tacticool_Duck How do you like the kate moss on the mcx? I have one on a mpx, it is thin making me think it would be uncomfortable with more recoil than 9mm.
View Quote

To be honest, I haven’t shot it with the Kate Moss stock yet. I actually don’t want to shoot that 16in barrel since I’ll probably end up selling it. But I may not be able to resist the urge.

But, I’m not too worried, it was on some of the original MCXs I believe. My buddy had that stock and never mentioned it being too bad. I have the standard telescoping stock as well if it’s too uncomfortable. But it’s just 5.56,  Cheek weld is nonexistent tho just from shouldering.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

Very nice!

Until the tax stamp arrives to throw on the 11.5 barrel..https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/450250/48FF366C-F25D-475F-BED3-F7343D782CA0_jpe-1392946.JPG
View Quote

That long ass barrel....

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I’ve got an odd question.... Has anyone ever tried to run blanks with a blank fire adapter on a mcx or virtus?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#37]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

That long ass barrel....

https://media.giphy.com/media/lIU7yoG72gyhq/200w_d.gif
View Quote

In due time! Sent off prints and submitted Form 1 last Thursday. Already have the 11.5 barrel waiting to be throw on.

I should get brownie points for snagging a Kate Moss stock for $100.00
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#38]

In due time! Sent off prints and submitted Form 1 last Thursday. Already have the 11.5 barrel waiting to be throw on.

I should get brownie points for snagging a Kate Moss stock for $100.00
View Quote

I saw that one on the EE. I already have one but almost took it just because it was such a great deal.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

The little adapter comes in the box..  It just takes it form a tapered barrel shoulder to a 90 degree shoulder.  

I got my 11.5 pistol in FDE form mile high shooting a few weeks ago and he said he had another on is stock..   worth checking..   the one I got was not listed in there websight..   so call and check.. it worked out for me lol
View Quote

They were OOS :-(
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Palmetto State Armory had some grey 11.5 pistols in stock. 1979.99 (i think)

Edit: Disregard OOS.

I did call a gun shop in NC (near by dealer) And they had them in stock Mace's Sports?
(919) 563-4070

Believe they also had one couple days ago. They said they would ship to FFL.
View Quote

Looks like they may have a grey one. Would prefer FDE. Gotta think on it
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Vik:

Looks like they may have a grey one. Would prefer FDE. Gotta think on it
View Quote

FDE color has been discontinued so probably going to be slim pickings as inventory dries up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

FDE color has been discontinued so probably going to be slim pickings as inventory dries up.
View Quote

Exact reason i settled for a 16in 556 FDE MCX Virtus.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#43]

FDE color has been discontinued so probably going to be slim pickings as inventory dries up.
View Quote

Yeah I believe you’re correct on the slim pickings. Haven’t been able to find one :-(
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#44]

View All Quotes

Makes me damned happy I grabbed mine just before the coronavirus bull shit scare.

Has the older brace design but prefer it with FDE over the grey 11.5 setup.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Stupid question, but is a Brownells BRN-180M lower drop-in ready for an MCX upper?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

Makes me damned happy I grabbed mine just before the coronavirus bull shit scare.

Has the older brace design but prefer it with FDE over the grey 11.5 setup.
View All Quotes

Makes me damned happy I grabbed mine just before the coronavirus bull shit scare.

I like the stealth/concrete grey. It looks sharp. FDE one isn't bad either. But there must be a reason they dropped the FDE version. It is kind of sad, as I like there being more color options being available for customers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#47]

I like the stealth/concrete grey. It looks sharp. FDE one isn't bad either. But there must be a reason they dropped the FDE version. It is kind of sad, as I like there being more color options being available for customers.
View All Quotes

I like the stealth/concrete grey. It looks sharp. FDE one isn't bad either. But there must be a reason they dropped the FDE version. It is kind of sad, as I like there being more color options being available for customers.

The grey looks good but I always have a preference for FDE. In a perfect world, the MCX would be color anodized and I'd be sitting on a multi shade of FDE, similar to the SCAR haha.

I'm a bit curious why they are dropping the FDE 11.5 setup as well. Seems a bit odd but they must have some internal reason.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:49:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#48]

The grey looks good but I always have a preference for FDE. In a perfect world, the MCX would be color anodized and I'd be sitting on a multi shade of FDE, similar to the SCAR haha.

I'm a bit curious why they are dropping the FDE 11.5 setup as well. Seems a bit odd but they must have some internal reason.
View Quote

Man, i wish they were anodized. But, i asked a couple pages if there was a reason why, never heard/probably got buried.
But, I'm half considering getting it anodized.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By goloud:
Stupid question, but is a Brownells BRN-180M lower drop-in ready for an MCX upper?
View Quote

Per Q&A on Brownell's site: "Actually no. You need to contain the spring guide rods and there is no way to use the SIG adapter for AR-15's with this lower"
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#50]

The grey looks good but I always have a preference for FDE. In a perfect world, the MCX would be color anodized and I'd be sitting on a multi shade of FDE, similar to the SCAR haha.

I'm a bit curious why they are dropping the FDE 11.5 setup as well. Seems a bit odd but they must have some internal reason.
View All Quotes

Cerakote isn't bad, but would rather have anodized as well if given the choice. Multi shade FDE, ODG would have been nice options.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 25 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top