Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No malfunctions, I loaded it and fired single rounds, 5 rounds each with bolt forward, working ch to load and then bolt to the rear with BC. Checking gas function, etc. Then fired 3 mags each with PMC xtac and Rem umc ball.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just (2/8/2017) got my return tracking info for my full rifle received on 2/1/2017.  
View Quote

Me too, after SIG said it would be weeks.  There is speculation (from another SIG rifle forum) that instead of substituting a SIG designed 2 stage trigger for your aftermarket trigger that SIG has instead designed different firing pin locks where needed to function with the different aftermarket triggers.  This is based upon an owner who got his returned rifle with a "G" marked on the lock and an invoice which stated "upgrade with Firing Pin Lock for Geissele trigger".
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Me too, after SIG said it would be weeks.  There is speculation (from another SIG rifle forum) that instead of substituting a SIG designed 2 stage trigger for your aftermarket trigger that SIG has instead designed different firing pin locks where needed to function with the different aftermarket triggers.  This is based upon an owner who got his returned rifle with a "G" marked on the lock and an invoice which stated "upgrade with Firing Pin Lock for Geissele trigger".
View Quote

I'm sure a firing pin lock is cheaper to make than a whole two stage trigger.  My return shipping invoice shows the standard item description.  I have a larue mbt2 trigger,  it will be interesting for sure.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Communication from Sig surrounding the circumstances of the recall and proposed measures to address has been absolutely abysmal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Woot! Ship notification from Sig on the .300 RIFLE. See what the trigger replacement is once it arrives.

Should be in Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else sitting on the fence whether to send their BCG back or not?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am. Mine works fine. I've tried to induce a slam fire 60 plus times so far and nadda. I really like my Geissele Tricon in it so I see no need to have it replaced. Been reading over on the sig forum and guys are reporting excessive wear on the receiver now with the replacement bcg. I'm glad I'm holding back on the replacement.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't plan on sending mine in. A guy I know sent his in and I looked over the new BCG. I like the "idea" of the rounded lugs and its nice that you don't have to take a recoil spring off to take apart the BCG.

That said I see the extra "safety" measures as 2 more things to fail.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't plan on sending mine in. A guy I know sent his in and I looked over the new BCG. I like the "idea" of the rounded lugs and its nice that you don't have to take a recoil spring off to take apart the BCG.

That said I see the extra "safety" measures as 2 more things to fail.
View Quote

This brings up an interesting question.  I wonder if the "recall"  was also something that is a requirement for "agency" purchases.  We've seen the photo's of some agencies that are using the gun.  Anyone know if they are required to get the "upgrade"?  Also wondering if this only effects semi-auto versions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Very interesting.  Rifle has upgraded BCG, removable capture piece.

As for the trigger.  Went in with a LaRue MBT came back with a Geissele trigger installed along with the notation of a Geissele firing pin safety latch. And yes the LaRue was in the box.

Need to pull it apart to see which Geissele it is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As for the trigger.  Went in with a LaRue MBT came back with a Geissele trigger installed along with the notation of a Geissele firing pin safety latch. And yes the LaRue was in the box.

Not really sure how to tell which Geissele it is.
View Quote

Very happy to see this.  I sent both of mine in with Larue triggers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're saying that it has a removable firing pin retaining pin?  Glad to hear that the trigger swap went as promised.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a SSA.  In comparing the LaRue and the Geissele hammers they are so close my eyes can't tell the difference.  It seems like it might work, but if it did I'm sure Sig wouldn't be sending out free triggers.  

Bonus, remember the 50 gift card, mine was in the booklet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I have no idea if the firing pin safety is removable, just that my paper work says Geissele Firing pin safety latch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Like others that had installed the LaRue MBT trigger in their MCX's, my MCX arrived back today.  My LaRue trigger had been removed and returned to me so I can use it in another receiver.  SIG installed a Geissele SSA.  2nd stage of the Geissele is a touch heavier and not as smooth as my other SSA's, but then they have been fired 14,000 and 4,000 rounds so are well broken in.  I just test fired a few rounds and functioning was 100%.  I am certainly happy how this turned out for me.  The firing pin lock has a "G" on it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got mine back and the ACT trigger was returned. "G" marked firing pin safety and so the replacement is an SSA? Functioned checked ok and feels nice. I need to compare the "G" marked FPS against the other non marked ones. I hope one can purchase the "G" FPS if wanting to change trigger. When I get time, I will see if the ACT will work in either one.
Hey, nice 2 stage, I'm good
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine came back yesterday as well.   I had a Hiperfire 24E trigger in the MCX when I shipped it to them.  Normally it has a Geissele super 3g, but I actually got the MCX and MPX mixed up when I was on the phone with CS.   The Hiperfire is my go to in the MPX since it beats up triggers.   Initially, I had Super3g in both but since Geissele's gold warranty turned out to be not so Gold, I swapped in the Hiperfire.  Since I had told CS I had a Hiperfire in the MCX, I made that true when I shipped it.    

When it returned yesterday, the Hiperfire was in a little bag, and the MCX had a shiny new SSA trigger in there.  I returned the Hiperfire to the MPX and put the Super3g back in the MCX.  So now I have an extra SSA, and that was only slightly gaming the system.

I have not had a chance to Shoot it yet, but everything seems good so far.  

19 days door to door, full weapon on a Form1, not too bad. Where is my 6.75" 300 Barrel???!?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I received my carrier upgrade and it does NOT work with the Wilson Combat TTU. Very disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Cops66 That is why I will not return mine. I'm ok with the way it is now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been sitting on the box to return my carrier. Wonder if I should call them and send the whole rifle back. 
That way I can use that CMC Trigger in something else. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I sent my entire rifle in that I had gotten secondhand, so no sales slip or anything.  It had a Geissle 3 gun trigger in it when I sent it in and that is what it came back with as well.  They only did the carrier upgrade with the firing pin lock for geissle triggers.  It appears they ran at least a mag or two through it to function check it.  I'm happy with the customer service, although I had dreams of a free trigger like some are getting, lol.

I'll run the gun next week and make sure it works right - if anything goes wrong, i'll let the forum know.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Are the complete rifles returning with the new charging handle?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#23]
This whole thing is a scam.  If you don't have a Geissele trigger installed, you get one, plus your old one back, so you get a spare trigger to use in something else.  If you already have a Geissele trigger, you don't get squat!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This whole thing is a scam.  If you don't have a Geissele trigger installed, you get one, plus your old one back, so you get a spare trigger to use in something else.  If you already have a Geissele trigger, you don't get squat!
View Quote

You get back what you paid for in safe working order some people are as bad as ghetto goblins on welfare complaining they don't get more free shit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You get back what you paid for in safe working order some people are as bad as ghetto goblins on welfare complaining they don't get more free shit.
View Quote

Not true.  Someone's gun with a non-Geissele trigger, or even the factory trigger, was no more safe or unsafe than mine with a Geissele trigger.  If you swapped out the factory trigger for a Larue or whatever, you paid money out of pocket, same as me.  So, why should you get a free new Geissele trigger in addition to your Larue, which can then be used in another gun, when those who choose Geissele in the first place instead of Larue don't?  Why shouldn't I get their new trigger too, and then I can use my existing Geissele in another gun?  If Sig were providing the same crappy factory trigger that made so many people want to swap out the trigger in the first place, that would be different, but they aren't.

If Johnny has one trigger, and sends his gun to Sig and it comes back with two triggers, he now has two triggers.  If Bill has one trigger and Sig doesn't send him another tigger, then he only has one trigger.  Johnny has more triggers than Bill.  Math.  It's fundamental.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not true.  Someone's gun with a non-Geissele trigger, or even the factory trigger, was no more safe or unsafe than mine with a Geissele trigger.  If you swapped out the factory trigger for a Larue or whatever, you paid money out of pocket, same as me.  So, why should you get a free new Geissele trigger in addition to your Larue, which can then be used in another gun, when those who choose Geissele in the first place instead of Larue don't?  Why shouldn't I get their new trigger too, and then I can use my existing Geissele in another gun?  If Sig were providing the same crappy factory trigger that made so many people want to swap out the trigger in the first place, that would be different, but they aren't.

If Johnny has one trigger, and sends his gun to Sig and it comes back with two triggers, he now has two triggers.  If Bill has one trigger and Sig doesn't send him another tigger, then he only has one trigger.  Johnny has more triggers than Bill.  Math.  It's fundamental.
View Quote

I have a Geissele in mine and I don't understand where you're coming from. So what if someone else comes out ahead and ends up with a free trigger out of it? Are you really whining about that not being "fair"?? They're already giving you a $50 gift card to their online store, so you'll get some free shit for the inconvenience anyway and the BCG will be brand new. I just don't get your point...

I will add that I'm not happy about the whole thing and I think Sig screwed the pooch with it communication-wise, but I'm not going to complain about someone else ending up better off. Good for them!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok, test fired the  .300 with "G" FPS and Sig supplied SSA, all went well. Tried the MCX lower with STOCK SIG trigger on the upper with "G" FPS and it works fine. Then tried the lower with SSA on the non "G" FPS and it WILL NOT work.

You can see the slight difference with the "G" FPS. The SSA hammer is shorter, guess that's why they needed a different FPS--question is-why not just have that one for all of them?

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#29]
They went from Ar-15 compatable bolt and firing pin to proprietary parts that they wont sell replacements for?  

Awesome design choice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

So again. You just want free shit you didn't pay for because Someone else got it for a problem you don't have?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They went from Ar-15 compatable bolt and firing pin to proprietary parts that they wont sell replacements for?  

Awesome design choice.
View Quote
Pretty much. 

One of the the reasons I bought it was because I could use common parts if needed. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:06:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I will try this week to install the ACT trigger to see and advise.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm keeping mine as is. Every Sig long gun I've every purchased I can't get spare parts for it. Sig says parts will be available later. Never is. They discontinue the rifle and come out with another model. Won't be buying any more Sig rifles ever.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok, Non "G" marked firing pin safety, standard (stock) Sig trigger. Installed an ALG ACT trigger and it passes a functions check and I can see the firing pin being released by viewing through the mag well and into the weep hole on the carriage body. Will try to test fire in the next two days.

EDIT
Test fired, works great! My guess is Sig doesn't know the dimensional differences in the ACT verses the SSA, etc and replaced those with them and added a different FPS. Anyhow, have a SSA now! I don't see why they just didn't use the one FPS that will work with the stock trigger, an ACT and as we know the SSA, guessing it would work with anything, but I'm not paying the bills.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I sent my MCX off a week ago.  What are you guys seeing for turnaround time?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess that answers my question.  Just received an email with a tracking number!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:11:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Mine were delivered on 02/14.  No word yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#38]
So I'm running a POF trigger and I sent in my bolt, have I screwed up?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I sent mine in end of Jan. and a buddy sent his in a week later in Feb. and he go a notification that his new bolt is on the way back. I called Sig and got told it would be about another week before mine was on the way back.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Got my MCX back today after chasing the Fedex truck around yesterday.  They never come when I'm home.

Everything looks good.  New "SSA" installed and my Larue MBT in a little bag.  That will go in another project rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone know if the new carriage assembly is required to use the 300BLK conversion kit?  

I remember when they were initially announced there were some parts on the assembly that needed to be swapped out.  Is anyone running the old carriage assembly on a factory 5.56 rifle that also has a 300BLK conversion kit?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I stopped by the pro shop to get some use out of that $50 voucher, apparently its online only.  Also a little bummed the rifles no longer include iron sights with purchase.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I stopped by the pro shop to get some use out of that $50 voucher, apparently its online only.  Also a little bummed the rifles no longer include iron sights with purchase.
View Quote
I didn't notice that but did notice they now include the adjustable stocks. And a hefty price increase 
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got mine back.  I had a Geissele S3G in it and was expecting it to stay in the gun.  Instead they swapped it out for the Geissele SSA.  Anyone know if there is any reason the S3G wouldn't work?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I didn't notice that but did notice they now include the adjustable stocks. And a hefty price increase 
View Quote

Not just the MCX, all sig rifles no longer include any sights
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#46]
I am working in a LGS.  We have 10 each Sig 516s in stock.  We have put them on sale.  I will not recommend ANY Sig products at this point.
If someone wants to buy one they can feel free to do so.
I will not even recommend their handguns at this point.
No sweat off my back.  I don't get commissions.  LOL.
The MCX problem convinced me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Both of mine (11.5" SBR and rifle) showed up today with Geiselle triggers.  My Larue MBT triggers were packed in baggies.  The charging handles they were shipped with remained.  Overall I'm happy.  2 week turn around, two free triggers I can use in other builds and $100 to spend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Sent mine in about two weeks ago, received shipping notice today, will be here Tuesday. I expect to have an SSA in place of my ACT based on posts above.

Overall, despite a rocky start to the recall, I'm happy with how it was handled.

Long term happiness will depend on parts availability.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#49]
My MCX rifle was delivered last week.  They replaced my Geissele S3G with the "SSA".  Has anyone else sent in the S3G and did they also replace it?  I had thought that any of the Geissele triggers would work with the G version of the block.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I sent mine in end of Jan. and a buddy sent his in a week later in Feb. and he go a notification that his new bolt is on the way back. I called Sig and got told it would be about another week before mine was on the way back.
View Quote

2 weeks have gone by and nothing from Sig. They told me to wait another week. I ask for my old BCG back and they refused. Sick of this, I know dam well it isn't going to work with my POF trigger.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top