BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KGKinght1037, The CS rep told me two weeks ago 10 day turn around time. The have no clue at all.
View Quote

Yeah I have a feeling that's the generic response. We will see, I hope it's a quick turn around but I am also wondering once I get it will there be any issues.
My gun was fine and never had an issue prior to the recall, and I love the rifle but I am being cautious moving forward.

Also just to be sure I'm going to check headspace when the new bolt arrives, should be fine but it is a sig
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cylone, Pick up a IWI Tavor and never look back. The Tavor has been around for many years and has no issues at all. I own two Tavor's and two MCX rifles. The Tavor is the best by far. And you can get the 9mm barrel and have 5.56mm and 9mm in the same gun.
View Quote

Already have one...... I was looking for something to SBR, and might go with a Scorpion or MP5 clone
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine works fine, not sending in $hit till I can buy a spare and receive my 9" 300blk barrel and hand guard.

Read your manuals and reassemble correctly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah I have a feeling that's the generic response. We will see, I hope it's a quick turn around but I am also wondering once I get it will there be any issues.
My gun was fine and never had an issue prior to the recall, and I love the rifle but I am being cautious moving forward.

Also just to be sure I'm going to check headspace when the new bolt arrives, should be fine but it is a sig
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KGKinght1037, The CS rep told me two weeks ago 10 day turn around time. The have no clue at all.

If it took them a month and a half to get me a screw, I have no faith they'd be able to get an entire assembly in 10 days. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to see why Sig is why the way they are, read these job reviews. They blow my mind! http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Sig-Sauer/reviews
Ready down a handful of reviews...! The management is ran like a frat house!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure why anyone would have to send the entire gun back if you have an aftermarket trigger.  All they are changing is the carrier.  I called Friday and got through immediately.  Told them I had a Geissele SSA (actually think it's a G2S now) and they said their new carrier should work with the SSA.  AFAIK, they are just sending me a box for the carrier exchange.

At worst, whatever aftermarket trigger you have won't work with their new carrier and you have to reinstall the factory FCG.  No need to send in the whole gun for that since you can find that out yourself when you get the carrier back.  Most likely Sig is just using people's lowers with aftermarket triggers for their own testing.

With regards to what brought this on, I suspect at least part is due to the Nutnfancy video where one of the recoil spring rods popped out of that polymer keeper during firing and jammed up the action pretty badly, as well as destroying the spring.  That's probably where the captive recoil spring "fix" came from.  Haven't heard about the failure that made them add the firing pin safety.

BTW, they told me the total turnaround time, including shipping, was like 5 weeks, not 5 -10 days.  FYI.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not sure why anyone would have to send the entire gun back if you have an aftermarket trigger.  All they are changing is the carrier.  I called Friday and got through immediately.  Told them I had a Geissele SSA (actually think it's a G2S now) and they said their new carrier should work with the SSA.  AFAIK, they are just sending me a box for the carrier exchange.

At worst, whatever aftermarket trigger you have won't work with their new carrier and you have to reinstall the factory FCG.  No need to send in the whole gun for that since you can find that out yourself when you get the carrier back.  Most likely Sig is just using people's lowers with aftermarket triggers for their own testing.

With regards to what brought this on, I suspect at least part is due to the Nutnfancy video where one of the recoil spring rods popped out of that polymer keeper during firing and jammed up the action pretty badly, as well as destroying the spring.  That's probably where the captive recoil spring "fix" came from.  Haven't heard about the failure that made them add the firing pin safety.

BTW, they told me the total turnaround time, including shipping, was like 5 weeks, not 5 -10 days.  FYI.
View Quote

180 degrees different than what I was told. Informed the guy I have a SSA in mine and he specifically said it would not work, and the whole rifle would have to be shipped to them.
No one WANTS to send the entire rifle back, that is what Sig has been saying has to happen with aftermarket triggers. Never really made sense to me but that's what they want... inconsistent answers from them is a big reason why this is so aggravating.

Oh, and I still don't have the carrier shipping / replacement box, three weeks after they said they were going to send it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
If they end up wanting me to send them the entire gun, I'll say I misspoke and have the factory FCG in it and they can just send me the carrier box.  Not sending the entire gun unless they can specifically tell me why and give me a specific timeline.  And if they refuse to just swap out the carrier because I won't send them the gun, I'll see them in court for refusing to provide me with my "upgrade" that they consider mandatory.  Let Sig's whole sordid tale come out in court filings.  The problem with their guns, the conflicting information from Sig, and their inability to send out shipping boxes in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What I don't get is why they can't verify SNs with us, send us the new carrier and we send the old one back when we get the new one why should be put out for five weeks or more?  It's a fucking stupid move on sigs part handling this in the manner that they're. If it was damn important and a safety issue they would do it this way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I bet they want them back first because nobody would bother sending them back, and having the "recalled" parts out in public could be a liability?  Other than that we should enjoy doing all their product testing for them on our own dime, keeps their r&d costs down.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you want to see why Sig is why the way they are, read these job reviews. They blow my mind! http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Sig-Sauer/reviews
Ready down a handful of reviews...! The management is ran like a frat house!
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I say we do a 30 man march in front of SigUSA and chant WE WANT ARE CARRIERS AND WHEN DO WE WANT THEM!? NOW!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got this from Sig...

Dear Sig Sauer Customer,

Thank you for recently registering your MCX for the bolt carriage assembly upgrade program. We had originally set you up with a swap for just your bolt carriage assembly, but recently became aware that a small number of MCX’s shipped with an alternate hammer that needs to be replaced as well. Your firearm happens to be in this small group. Since this is an armorer’s level part, in order to swap out the carriage assembly, we will need to bring in your complete rifle to swap the hammer too.

If you have already sent in your carriage assembly, that’s fine. We are sending you a new rifle box with a return label to send back the whole firearm at your earliest convenience. We will then replace the carriage assembly and hammer as quickly as possible and return the MCX directly to you at your home. The turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks upon arrival of the firearm. If you happen to live in California, please contact us directly, as there is an alternate course of action. Thank you for your patience and please don’t hesitate to reach out us at 603-610-3000 option 1 with any questions.

Bill Larson

Customer Service Manager

[email protected]

D: +1 (603) 610-3854

F: +1 (603) 610-3004
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Wtfs! This shit get worse!!!?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/26/16 (was told return box would arrive that same week)
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - LaRue MBT
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped):  1/19/2017
Date Carriage Assemble Received (if not sending in whole rifle): N/A
Rifle dropped off at FedEx: 1/20/2017
Rifle received by SIG: 1/24/2017
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: 2/14/2017

SIG replaced my LaRue MBT with a Geissele SSA.  I just test fired it and function was perfect.

1/27/2017:  SIG called.  Trigger replacement plan has changed.  I can opt for SIG to replace my LaRue MBT with standard SIG MCX trigger and new bolt carrier group, and rifle and LaRue MBT are returned to me OR I can wait a few more weeks and SIG replaces LaRue with their new 2 stage ("nice") trigger and new bolt carrier group, and rifle and LaRue are returned to me.  I opted to wait for the new SIG 2 stage trigger.  

Note:  I posted "a few more weeks".  Actually I think she said something like 4 more weeks, but am not sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/23/16 
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - ALG ACT
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): Nothing Yet 
Date Carriage Assemble Received (if not sending in whole rifle): N/A 
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: Still waiting for the return box 
View Quote
Still nothing. 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:40:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/26/16 (was told return box would arrive that same week)
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - LaRue MBT
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): Per tracking info, rifle box is due to arrive 1-19-2017
Date Carriage Assemble Received (if not sending in whole rifle): N/A
Rifle dropped off at FedEx:
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: Still waiting for the return box
View Quote

Called 12/23 and was told I would get a box within a week. Still no box it's like that random ass formula they used to mail out those back ordered MPX stocks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Just received notice from Sig that the shipping box is coming and I have the return label.  Too bad I don't own the carbine anymore.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got off the phone and they said there was a problem with the labels and boxes are shipping now. It looks like some of you are getting shipping notices so I'll try to be a little more patient.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Got through to a CS agent today after about 3 minutes on hold.  I have a registered SBR (still in rifle config)and the pistol I bought to make the parts swap.  I asked if I could simply remove my aftermarket triggers from both (Larue MBT and ALG-ACT).  He said they needed both triggers in the rifles so they could "fit" the triggers to the new carrier assembly.  I mentioned I was under the impression they were replacing the triggers completely if they rifles came in with aftermarket triggers.  He said they had been doing that in the past and now were doing it only if they couldn't "fit" the existing aftermarket triggers.  So who knows what they'll come back from Sig with.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got through to a CS agent today after about 3 minutes on hold.  I have a registered SBR (still in rifle config)and the pistol I bought to make the parts swap.  I asked if I could simply remove my aftermarket triggers from both (Larue MBT and ALG-ACT).  He said they needed both triggers in the rifles so they could "fit" the triggers to the new carrier assembly.  I mentioned I was under the impression they were replacing the triggers completely if they rifles came in with aftermarket triggers.  He said they had been doing that in the past and now were doing it only if they couldn't "fit" the existing aftermarket triggers.  So who knows what they'll come back from Sig with.
View Quote

So every MCX is going to have a custom fit trigger?  That sounds ridiculous.

No way I am sending mine in until they provide some clarity.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Well for what its worth, both of my full rifle boxes ( I have a braced pistol and my son has the carbine) showed up yesterday.   We both called the day after the recall notice.

Edit to Add...

Decided to send em on in.  Both were shipped to SIG by FEDEX on 02-06-17.  Guess we will see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Now that Sig has won a big Army contract for the P320 I'm sure they will devote a lot of time on the MCX.  NOT!!!  MCX will be gone in a few months and the Army contract will be their new excuse as to why they can't support the MCX anymore. Just like all of their other long guns of past.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Just got my MCX box shipping notice. Going to send them back a dildo in it
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone and they said there was a problem with the labels and boxes are shipping now. It looks like some of you are getting shipping notices so I'll try to be a little more patient.
View Quote

Received shipping notice today.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I forget what day I called, but I did get my box.  I'll be damned if I'm going to let them "modify" another company's trigger to see if it will work with the new carrier.  I still love the gun and am going to continue to shoot the shit out of it.  

If someone has contact info for someone at SIG who isn't a mouth-breathing moron, an untrained CS rep, or a minimum wage peon, I think it would be enlightening if they'd drop into this thread.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I received my shipping box last night.
I really don't think I am going to send my rifle back any time soon. I can imagine this will turn out to be a 3 to 4 month drag out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Well I swapped out my Larue trigger for a cheap NP3 coated trigger I had laying around from Palmetto.  I'll send both back with those installed and see what they do.  The hammer profile on those are both quite different from the factory Sig trigger.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Going to call the rep I spoke with on Monday. My box should be here today or Monday, it said it was sent two-day. I'm not letting them hack up my MBT. If that's what they're doing now. I'll just throw the factory trigger back in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#31]
All this is of Sig's own making.  They should have just done the carrier swap and simply made the statement that the new carrier is designed and tested  to work with the factory trigger only, and isn't guaranteed to work with aftermarket triggers.  That way it's on the owner to figure out whether or not it works with whatever aftermarket they want to use (which is true for any aftermarket on any gun).  End of story.

With CS like this, how are they competent to support any military contract?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Called the day after the announcement.  Box shipped on Friday.  

I just don't see them working on anyone's trigger, it is to much of a liability.  they may work on their (your) gun to make the trigger fit.  I have a feeling this is the same as the kindergarten story telling exercise.  Say something to someone and by the time everyone has shared it, it is something totally different.  

I guess time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone received the replacement yet and maybe post some pics?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just got my MCX box shipping notice. Going to send them back a dildo in it
View Quote

I got my shipping notice. It said box with convoluted foam. 
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#36]
received box today for entire rifle, sent and the wait is on. They've had one carriage assembly on another for 12 days, no news.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my box today, so I'm shipping the MCX back. I have dealt with Sig long enough so I don't have any reasonable expectation for how long their turnaround is, so who knows when it will come back.  If it was my only rifle, I'd sweat it, but since it isn't, no worries.  I guess the only financial risk is that the empty spot in the safe inevitably gets filled by something else while the MCX is away.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Spoke with Sig CS again today after receiving a box to send my complete rifle back in.

The rep said mil-spec triggers will not work in the MCX and the only trigger that will work out-of-the-box is the factory trigger (which I guess is not really mil-spec).  No more aftermarket triggers.  So much for the convenience of using commonly available parts.

I opted for just a replacement of the carriage assembly and was told to send my original assembly back before a new one could be sent out.

So basically everything Sig have said about the recall in their press release is total bullshit.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
received box today for entire rifle, sent and the wait is on. They've had one carriage assembly on another for 12 days, no news.
View Quote
Not that it matters, but I thought they said a 10 day turn around time
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Spoke with Sig CS again today after receiving a box to send my complete rifle back in.

The rep said mil-spec triggers will not work in the MCX and the only trigger that will work out-of-the-box is the factory trigger (which I guess is not really mil-spec).  No more aftermarket triggers.  So much for the convenience of using commonly available parts.

I opted for just a replacement of the carriage assembly and was told to send my original assembly back before a new one could be sent out.

So basically everything Sig have said about the recall in their press release is total bullshit.  YMMV.
View Quote

I spoke to a rep yesterday and they said that milspec triggers will work with the new carrier.................... so sounds like sig isn't sure what will work with their new carrier.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#41]
All of this is why I'm not sending my rifle in. It's a different story every time you call in. Funny they said they would replace my Geissele with a Geissele made to work with the new carrier. Now they're back tracking on that comment just like they did with us Gen 1 MPX owners getting a caliber exchange kit for the price of a barrel
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
All of this is why I'm not sending my rifle in. It's a different story every time you call in. Funny they said they would replace my Geissele with a Geissele made to work with the new carrier. Now they're back tracking on that comment just like they did with us Gen 1 MPX owners getting a caliber exchange kit for the price of a barrel
View Quote
Wait.. they changed their mind on that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wait.. they changed their mind on that?
View Quote

When I spoke to them yesterday they said I can send in my whole rifle and they will put in a 2 stage trigger that they (sig) has made.....  they said also aftermarket companies like geissele are also making triggers.  So that whole replace it with a geissele trigger thing seems to be done now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When I spoke to them yesterday they said I can send in my whole rifle and they will put in a 2 stage trigger that they (sig) has made.....  they said also aftermarket companies like geissele are also making triggers.  So that whole replace it with a geissele trigger thing seems to be done now.
View Quote
What is so different about their trigger? Maybe I'm just ignorant but seems to me that the trigger shouldn't be that big of an issue. 

I bet sig ends up buying a bunch of these rifles back or getting their ass sued. I'd sell mine if my form 1 wasn't approved just before the recall came out. Not sure if I can cancel the form 1 and get my $200 back but this whole thing is being to really piss me off. 

First thing I did to that rifle was install a CMC trigger because the factory was shit. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What is so different about their trigger? Maybe I'm just ignorant but seems to me that the trigger shouldn't be that big of an issue. 

I bet sig ends up buying a bunch of these rifles back or getting their ass sued. I'd sell mine if my form 1 wasn't approved just before the recall came out. Not sure if I can cancel the form 1 and get my $200 back but this whole thing is being to really piss me off. 

First thing I did to that rifle was install a CMC trigger because the factory was shit. 
View Quote

I don't understand it either. If the trigger that came with the gun will work, then why wouldn't my ALG ACT?

And now they're backing out of the Geissele?

I don't see a compelling reason to send my rifle in. It supposedly affects only the .300 blk and my 5.56 rifle runs perfect.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone received the new BCG yet???
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Over a month later and I still haven't heard a thing from Sig... except for a customer service satisfaction survey in my email this morning! Isn't that rich!?

I do not think they are going to like what I have to say...
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#48]
So, I called Sig this am before I send in my whole rifle.  She was straight up the most knowledge CS rep I've had.  AMY, if you call.

Anyway,  the after market triggers we have may work, but they don't know yet.  They will function test them as they come in.   The trigger issue isn't a trigger issue so much as an interface tolerance.

The new firing pin design has a "locking mechanism" in conjunction with the spring and the hammer has to strike it correctly for it to unlock.  I was basically told, the hammer has to be taller.  

I have no idea who is machining the Sig 2 stage triggers or how good they will be,  but we continue to learn.

Edit-  time line for whole rifle increased to 3 weeks,  I was originally told 1 week when all of this started.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I suspect that it's like the triggers for the HK MR rifles, which need a hammer without the notch at the top for activating the firing pin safety.

It sounds like basically Sig is using your guns to test their carriers.  They need to stop messing around and get the carriers out to people, even if it only works with the factory FCG.  I'd rather have my new carrier now and it be on me to figure out whether it works whatever trigger I want to install, instead of waiting around for Sig to test their carrier with every possible trigger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Just talked to the rep handling my case at Sig. He repeated much of what's already been said, its no longer a Geissele trigger. It's a two-stage trigger made by SIG. He said they're working with Geissele on these triggers. He also said Geissele is making their own specific triggers for the MCX.

According to him they won't be modifying anyone's aftermarket trigger in anyway. They'll put their new 2 stage trigger in, and send our aftermarket triggers back with the rifles. He said turn around time once they receive the rifle is 2 weeks.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top