Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
After more research, decided to go with a Timney two stage for my MPX.  It’s made specifically for the MPX and has a bridge piece to protect the rear of the disconnector from being beat up similar to the factory trigger.  Got it last night and popped it in this morning.  Little annoying you have to remove the safety to remove the factory trigger, especially since the right side lever is attached with a roll pin instead of a set screw, but just a little more work and I had the right tools.

Trigger dropped right in and fit good in the receiver well.  4 lb total pull weight, without the grittiness of the factory trigger.  Definitely an improvement over factory and it looks robust enough.  This is my first drop in trigger and I’m wary about the hammer and trigger pins walking out since they aren’t locked with either a spring loaded pin or spring leg like the normal setup, but the Timney setup seems OK and the pins seem tight.  We’ll see how it goes in the long run.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally got to put some rounds down range yesterday with the Wilson trigger. Such an improvement over the factory trigger. Had no issues at all. Pins don't walk out and hammer took its beating like a champ. Glad I made the plunge. Maybe one day Geissele can get one out...
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate your Wilson Combat trigger report. Been waiting for someone to give some real-time opinion. Still considering Wilson, Timney, and Elftmann for the MPX.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried dropping an MBT into my MCX and it does not work. I’ve been stuck with Sig’s two stage match trigger which is terrible comparatively.

I called Sig, they told me only their trigger would work.

Lots of back and forth on this board about the MCX and trigger problems with the Sig recalls.

FWIW @LaRue_Tactical
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

TL612,

Forward me the email you sent my sales office ...

Mark (at) LaRue (dot) com

Thanks in advance

ML

View Quote
So @LaRue_Tactical what’s the official position on MBTs and MPXs? I have a G trigger in mine now because they told *ME* it was supported but now they are apparently telling folks it isn’t.

I’d like to know if I should swap...
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a thousand or more trouble free rounds through my legacy MCX with MBT.

I didn't do the recall.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be wrong but I thought Bill said in last weeks live stream that the trigger was ready for the MPX..  It just needed to be tested when they had time
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
MBT runs great in my MPX. Unfortunately does not work in my MCX due to Sig special sauce.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Well said, Larue. I still have less than 1k through mine . Pigs have not been cooperating lately. More field work needed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll back it, because it's nice to have a sledge hammer that will run it to fail and then we get to see where that fail point is. And I don't have to pull ammo off my pile for the data.

Then Snackgunner can act all big and bad for noticing as we find out how far MBTs will take the sledgehammer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So @LaRue_Tactical what’s the official position on MBTs and MPXs? I have a G trigger in mine now because they told *ME* it was supported but now they are apparently telling folks it isn’t.

I’d like to know if I should swap...
I'll back it, because it's nice to have a sledge hammer that will run it to fail and then we get to see where that fail point is. And I don't have to pull ammo off my pile for the data.

Then Snackgunner can act all big and bad for noticing as we find out how far MBTs will take the sledgehammer.

Thanks Mark!  Honestly I'm fine if folks say their triggers are NOT compatible with the MPX, no shame in that - it was the G reversal and the mixed messaging that caused me to ask for an official response.  I've not been tracking round count through my MPX, so I truthfully don't know how many are on the G trigger now. I'm torn between the "run it until it breaks" mindset and "Swap to the one with a real warranty!"
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I tried dropping an MBT into my MCX and it does not work. I’ve been stuck with Sig’s two stage match trigger which is terrible comparatively.

I called Sig, they told me only their trigger would work.

Lots of back and forth on this board about the MCX and trigger problems with the Sig recalls.

FWIW @LaRue_Tactical
View Quote
Did you use the "G" Latch. My understanding is the MBT is a GTG with the Geissele "G" Marked Firing Pin Latch. If you call SIG CS they will send you one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Did you use the "G" Latch. My understanding is the MBT is a GTG with the Geissele "G" Marked Firing Pin Latch. If you call SIG CS they will send you one.
View Quote
I called to get one last week, as I have an upper with the lock now (never sent in my legacy), and they wanted to charge me $49 for the "G" lock.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top