Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
While I do see the value of these types of triggers and even the cost associated with them, in this case (MPX/MCX) a $10 JP 4lb spring kit works wonders. Just sayin....
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking of a spring job or MegaArms trigger http://www.megaarms.com/maten/maten-accessories/trigger/ as an option.  My concern is light primer strikes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Geiselle S3G in my MPX. About 3k rounds thus far, and no issues or malfunctions. Yet...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a LaRue MBT trigger.  According to Larue it is warrantied and they have not had one broken by a MPX.  

I was a big fan of the SSA trigger.  However, I am feeling jerked around by G.  I even called them earlier today to get a status update on the MPX trigger to see if I should wait before switching.  Straight to VM and no call back after five hours.    Additionally, no word when they will release a MPX specific trigger, retroactively  canceling their warranty if it is installed in a MPX, no word if they will give SSA / MPX owners a discount on the new trigger.

Also doing some research.  Can anyone confirm if the SSA is cast or MIM?  The MBT is machined out of a better alloy, so it likely stands a better chance of surviving > 5k rounds.   Best of all Larue gives out great SWAG with their stuff :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
So now on the Geissele Web page says the SSA triggers are not compatible with the MPX or MCX. It also says they are developing a MPX trigger whuch will be out in 2017... Anyone know a date?????
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope.  I called them last Th for an update, and they have yet to called me back.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So now on the Geissele Web page says the SSA triggers are not compatible with the MPX or MCX. It also says they are developing a MPX trigger whuch will be out in 2017... Anyone know a date?????
View Quote

They'll probably announce it at shot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
When I talked to them a couple of months ago, they thought late 2017 or Shot Show 2018.  They since updated their website to say in 2017.  Given this post, it looks like it will be a while
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Took the MBT in the MPX to the range today and did about 400 rounds to try the trigger out.  It worked flawlessly.  I don't miss the SSA.  Now to see if it will last the test of time
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Took the MBT in the MPX to the range today and did about 400 rounds to try the trigger out.  It worked flawlessly.  I don't miss the SSA.  Now to see if it will last the test of time
View Quote

FWIW, My MPX now has 1,954 rounds fired with the MBT.  I looked at it today and could see no evidence of wear/pounding of the metal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I have hit about 1,400 rounds and no sign of any wear on the MBT
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, I have an announcement, and nobody has to wait on it.

The Larue works and it is available now.

Larue has not changed his mind and backs it up.

End of thread
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]
bump to see if there is anymore info from the Geissele end of things..
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
My Larue MBT trigger lasted longer (6k rounds) than the Geissele SSA (4k rounds).  Then it failed (fire on pull & release, uncontrolled fire if trigger held just right).   Hopefully it was just a defective trigger.  It is on its way back to Larue for diagnosis.  Larue already sent me a replacement.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the update - in for results of the failure analysis.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Over 1k hard fast rounds on a Geissele SD3G. No issues at all
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a factory SBR MPX gen2 when they came out and based on Geissele's stance at the time I dropped a SSA in it.

No issues so far and I'm around a couple thousand rounds.

If it does crap out I plan to contact them in hopes they take care of me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My Larue MBT trigger lasted longer (6k rounds) than the Geissele SSA (4k rounds).  Then it failed (fire on pull & release, uncontrolled fire if trigger held just right).   Hopefully it was just a defective trigger.  It is on its way back to Larue for diagnosis.  Larue already sent me a replacement.  
View Quote
Interesting.  First MBT I've heard of failing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Coincidentally I emailed Larue this week to ask about MBT and was told that not only will not fit in a gen 2 but if it should fail, that it would not be warrantied.

I asked the same person twice (via email) since it was contradictory to everything I had read.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Coincidentally I emailed Larue this week to ask about MBT and was told that not only will not fit in a gen 2 but if it should fail, that it would not be warrantied.

I asked the same person twice (via email) since it was contradictory to everything I had read.
View Quote
The MBT will fit the MPX Gen 2, as I just put one in mine yesterday and have been dry firing all day.

I'd like to see an official word from LT on them not backing the MBT in the MPX, as this goes against everything Mark has said on several occasions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#21]
LT may or may not back the MBT in the MPX...
Geissele may or may not back their triggers in the MPX...
I'd never waste my time on a drop in...  Timney, CMX, blah, blah, blah....  or any other...

The stock trigger SUCKS!  That's a given.  So where does that leave us?

Is there anyone out there that can rework the stock crap to something a bit smoother and maybe a bit lighter?

I've SBR'd my pistol so I'm married to it.  I'm currently regretting that decision if a trigger solution can't be found.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#22]
The stock trigger was one of the worst on any firearm I've ever owned (Sig should ashamed to put that shit out the door but I digress), I went with the Hiperfire 243G and couldn't be happier. The design has a built in disconnector protector and when I spoke with the mfg they told me they had over 5000 with that trigger in the MPX and if it ever fails they would replace it without questions.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Any updates on the MBT?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Well one of the last posts by the OP was that Larue had sent him another MBT for his MPX, so I guess that settled the question as to whether Larue would guarantee the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#25]
FWIW Elftmann now has a match trigger for the MPX (and other AR-9s, but they have specifically stated it works in the MPX). It has a different disconnector from their other designs. I haven't used one before but I've heard excellent things about their triggers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Did they make that statement on their web site? I can't find it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#27]
When I talked to LT  last they highly recommended that I don't put the replacement MBT back in the MPX.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

When I talked to LT  last they highly recommended that I don't put the replacement MBT back in the MPX.
View Quote
Well great.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did they make that statement on their web site? I can't find it.
View Quote
They sent out an email blast about it, and I specifically asked them if it's MPX-approved, and they said yes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Okay,, thanks. I have an Elf in one AR and it is a fine trigger assembly! Which of the Elftmanns were you referring to?
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#31]
The new AR-9 model is the one they say is GTG for the MPX.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Just a heads up, I called Geissele this morning and was informed that they are no longer working on an SSA-MPX trigger.  They said that the project has been "shelved" with no ETA on when it might ever be picked back up again.

Very disappointing news for me personally since the last time I called them I was told that it would be be available for purchase in late 2017 and that was a contributing factor for me purchasing and SBR'ing my MPX.  Oh well, lesson learned I guess.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Dang, so we're down to *1* aftermarket trigger?

http://www.elftactical.com/elf-ar-9
Compatible with Sig MPX which was used extensively in development
View Quote
$259 is ummm, yeah, the price!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dang, so we're down to *1* aftermarket trigger?

$259 is ummm, yeah, the price!
View Quote
Interesting, I've been around this stuff a while but I've never heard of Elf.  Anyone have any first hand experience with them?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just a heads up, I called Geissele this morning and was informed that they are no longer working on an SSA-MPX trigger.  They said that the project has been "shelved" with no ETA on when it might ever be picked back up again.

Very disappointing news for me personally since the last time I called them I was told that it would be be available for purchase in late 2017 and that was a contributing factor for me purchasing and SBR'ing my MPX.  Oh well, lesson learned I guess.
View Quote
I don’t understand that at all.  They came out with a MCX trigger, and added a bridge that was never on the Sig factory MCX trigger.  After that, now they can’t make a MPX trigger?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Interesting, I've been around this stuff a while but I've never heard of Elf.  Anyone have any first hand experience with them?
View Quote
They are outstanding, if you like single stage triggers. Comparable to a very expensive 1911 trigger. They are absurdly good.

I just received my ELF AR-9 trigger but my MPX is still in NFA jail, so I can't install yet. Granite Ridge is selling them for $211 right now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I have had a hiperfire 24E trigger in my MPX forever.   It runs great and the geometry makes it a good fit for MPX.

I started with a Geissele S3G, which is a lot of $$ for not.   i have that installed on one of my "normal" ARs now...

I highly recommend the hiperfire:

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#38]
There have been some guys on sigtalk who were reporting doubling with hiperfire triggers after a while and when they removed them the disconnector/hammer interface was all chewed up. I’m sure plenty run them ok but the reports were enough for me to not spend $ on something that may not work or be warrantied down the road.

It looks like Wilson Combat has a two stage they’re saying is compatible with the MPX so might be another option. I don’t think it’s been out very long though. So hopefully it isn’t a case of “it’s compatible until we change our mind” like geiselle pulled with the SSA.

WC TTU
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Timney now has a drop in for the MPX.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Gentlemen, if any one of you was to choose between Elftmann, Wilson Combat, or Timney triggers that they state are for use in the MPX, which one would you go with?
I am happily familiar with Elftmann, but have no experience with the other two companies.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gentlemen, if any one of you was to choose between Elftmann, Wilson Combat, or Timney triggers that they state are for use in the MPX, which one would you go with?
I am happily familiar with Elftmann, but have no experience with the other two companies.
View Quote
Wilson Combat is a  very well known company for making high quality stuff. I have one of their triggers on order for the MPX.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just from past experience, I think I'll be going with Timney.  I have their single stage triggers in two AR's and one in a bolt gun.
Had a small problem with one of their drop ins and the customer service was outstanding.  Not to mention, the Timney single stage
will be the lowest cost solution thus far...

Performance, customer service, price...  What's not to like?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:59:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There have been some guys on sigtalk who were reporting doubling with hiperfire triggers after a while and when they removed them the disconnector/hammer interface was all chewed up. I’m sure plenty run them ok but the reports were enough for me to not spend $ on something that may not work or be warrantied down the road.

It looks like Wilson Combat has a two stage they’re saying is compatible with the MPX so might be another option. I don’t think it’s been out very long though. So hopefully it isn’t a case of “it’s compatible until we change our mind” like geiselle pulled with the SSA.

WC TTU
View Quote
I saw someone on BE said hiperfire will back their triggers in MPX, that was when the Geisseles began to show up problems and they put those red-colored words on their website though
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Errrrrrr..... this is really...... disappointing
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve finally decided to go with the elf trigger.  The problem I see with the Geissele, Larue, and Hiperfire triggers is that they are AR triggers, designed for center fire ARs.  An AR trigger will fit in the MPX, but it sounds like they aren’t designed for the high bolt speed of the MPX and will eventually break.   It’s nice that some of the companies may replace one that breaks when used in the MPX, but I’d rather have one that is less likely to break in the first place.

The Elf and Wilson both say they are designed specifically for pistol caliber AR carbines with high bolt speed, so hopefully they will have better long term reliability in the MPX than the “normal” AR triggers.  The Elf trigger also specifically mentions use in the MPX, as opposed to “yeah, it will fit”.

Also like that the instructions show that it comes with a plate to protect the bottom of the lower, plus locking screws to make sure the set screws that provide the tension to prevent the hammer and trigger pins from walking out don’t loosen.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Put the Wilson Combat trigger in this morning. Very nice trigger. Huge upgrade to the factory Sig one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I just ordered a Timney 2 stage MPX trigger this morning.  If Geissele doesn't want my money, Timney will take it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I would really appreciate any range reports on any of the three mentioned triggers (Elftmann, Timney, and Wilson).
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I would really appreciate any range reports on any of the three mentioned triggers (Elftmann, Timney, and Wilson).
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#50]
The Timney MPX trigger is looking like it’ll probably be in my gun later this year.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top