Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/8/2016 1:40:33 AM EDT
My SSA failed after about 4k rounds.  The gun will fire 2-4 shots per trigger pull until the hammer followed the bolt home.  Real bummer since the SSA is a great trigger for the MPX.  anybody have good luck with a two stage trigger after a 'high" round count?
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. Just dropped one in my MPX but only have 200 rds through it. Tagged for more info.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#2]
SSA has a lifetime warranty.  Replace it and go another 4K rounds.

I have an SSA in my MPX ... not sure of round count.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SSA has a lifetime warranty.

Replace it and go another 4K rounds.
View Quote

This, I decided to try the Larue MBT in mine, and it's really nice.  Hopefully it will hold up, but if it doesn't, I know Larue will stand behind it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wanted to add - I have one in my Colt 9mm, too.  Seems like it doubles every now and then, but when I do the FCG test 100 times the disconnector always catches the hammer.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
In my case, in the last two magazines I put through the gun it happened about 5 times per 30 rounds.

I will see about sending it back to get a replacement.  I have no concerns about G triggers or the SSA.  It just wore out quicker than I thought it would
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In my case, in the last two magazines I put through the gun it happened about 5 times per 30 rounds.

I will see about sending it back to get a replacement.  I have no concerns about G triggers or the SSA.  It just wore out quicker than I thought it would
View Quote

Have you done the FCG test?

Curious since my 9mm seems to double every now and then, but passes the test.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure they'll want to know about it too and want to inspect it
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
probably 600 + rounds in larue trigger  no problems
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I was running a Wilson Combat TTU-MIL Single Stage in my MPX.  Have probably 1000 rounds through it without any issues.

But after doing some maintenance on it the other night and performing a functions check, I noticed when manually charging the firearm and having the trigger pressed, nothing happened.

After opening the upper I realized it was because the hammer was already forward.

The hammer has never once followed the bolt when firing the weapon so I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Upon further testing, if I pull the charging handle back hard, like you would in a combat situation, and let it fly back it works every time.  Likewise, the heavy impulse from actually firing the weapon seems to have no issue engaging the disconnector.

But every single time, if i casually pull the bolt back with the trigger pressed, it fails to engage.

To try something different I just installed an SSA last night but won't get around to testing it until this weekend.  I'll keep track of round count and report back if I have any issues but so far the SSA passed the basic functions check with ease.  I didn't even need to pull the charging handle back all the way for it to engage.

I think I may buy the new Timney Targa 2-stage to try in the MPX as well after seeing this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU7greKtYgU
http://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/AR-Targa-2-Stage-Short-Trigger-P77.aspx

The Timney rep specifically states it's for the MPX/9mm Carbines.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#10]
What you see with the Wilson Combat TTU-MIL is a better description of what I see with the SSA after 4k rounds.   Except the failure to engage also happens during fast trigger pulls to do a mag dump.  When I looked at the trigger I can see where some of the metal was warn away.

I wonder if the Timney would survive a high round count?
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]
If I buy the Timney, I'm gonna download the video and attempt to get some kind of assurance from them in writing/email and keep it on file.

That way I'll just send that to them if there ever were an issue.

But it seems like they did manufacture the trigger different to specifically relieve the issues of the high-impulse 9mm carbines so I would bet it'd handle things better than most.

I like that they mention the MPX directly in the video and not just 9mm carbines in general.

Oh hell, I might as well go buy it.  Watching the election results is making me sad.  I should cheer myself up! ;)
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#12]
The G customer support was incredible.  
They received my trigger, noticed a lot of the parts had abnormal wear, and sent me back a new trigger, the same day they received from me.  I expect the whole elapsed time from dropping it off at the post office to receiving it to be about seven days.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I have 16k+ rounds through my MPX - every round except the first ~500 have been with an SSA-E.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool, I hope your experience with the trigger is the norm.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#15]
SIG specifically warns against using aftermarket triggers in the owner's manual. They say they will fit, but they will not last. I'm sure Giessele will come out with a SIG MPX trigger that will last if they get enough requests for it.

Since I consider the MPX a short range defense rifle I really don't need a better trigger..............yet.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Well over 5k rounds through my Gen1 MPX with SSA and no issues thus far. I would return to Geissele for warranty OP
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#17]

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about my other thread that no one rsponded. this is more common than you think with the mpx. also as far as I know it's not about wearing a trigger out ( my velocity did it with in 20 rounds new) it's about  the BCG slapping the hammer.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Around 7K with a SSA-E in my MPX and no problems.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I run a SD3G trigger in the mpx. 4 -500 rounds through it so far and have not noticed any issues.  You do have to know how to use this trigger properly imo.  If you are bench sighting/supporting weapon on an object you have to follow through with your trigger squeeze or you are gonna bump fire it due to the short reset and light pull weight.  Its a blast to shoot simulated 3 to 5 round bursts that are controllable and relatively accurate however.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The MPX accepts AR15 fire control groups, however it is not an AR15. The MPX has a faster cycling action than that of a Mil-Spec AR15/M4 carbine, which is why the bridge was developed. Customers have had success using our AR15 triggers in the MPX without the stock trigger bridge, and they work fine to a point. Based on our customers’ feedback, at around 2,000 rounds any fire control group that doesn’t have the protection of the OEM bridge, starts to break down. Specifically, the hammer and disconnect. A rebuild option is available to customers who have used one of our AR15 triggers in a Sig MPX. While our AR15 triggers will work in the MPX, we would advise against it as it will void the warranty of the trigger. As it stand now, we do have an MPX specific trigger in the works, incorporating a trigger bridge. The release for this model is schedule for some time in 2017.

-Geissele Customer Service
View Quote
About time!!!
I also know that there are other things coming out for the MPX to help recoil issues. Someone from Sprinco told me this but didn't give any details.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The MPX accepts AR15 fire control groups, however it is not an AR15. The MPX has a faster cycling action than that of a Mil-Spec AR15/M4 carbine, which is why the bridge was developed. Customers have had success using our AR15 triggers in the MPX without the stock trigger bridge, and they work fine to a point. Based on our customers’ feedback, at around 2,000 rounds any fire control group that doesn’t have the protection of the OEM bridge, starts to break down. Specifically, the hammer and disconnect. A rebuild option is available to customers who have used one of our AR15 triggers in a Sig MPX. While our AR15 triggers will work in the MPX, we would advise against it as it will void the warranty of the trigger. As it stand now, we do have an MPX specific trigger in the works, incorporating a trigger bridge. The release for this model is schedule for some time in 2017.

View Quote

I will definitely order one when that comes out, I've been holding out hoping for a specific MPX trigger.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
About time!!! I also know that there are other things coming out for the MPX to help recoil issues. Someone from Sprinco told me this but didn't give any details.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About time!!! I also know that there are other things coming out for the MPX to help recoil issues. Someone from Sprinco told me this but didn't give any details.

Thanks for the update.  You guys make a heck of a product. I proudly wear one of your hats and have your "Trigger control that is out of this world" patch slapped on my plate carrier. Do you think there will be different configurations of the mpx trigger?  A SD3G mpx specific trigger that performs the same as the standard SD3G trigger?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Well that sucks.   I bought the SSA specifically for the MPX.  I worked awesome broke around 4k rounds.  Luckily they replaced the trigger before they changed their policy of voiding their warranty if it is installed on the MPX.   So it looks like the stock block is critical to prevent damaging the trigger, and nobody has an aftermarket trigger that has the block.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in for two!!!  Hopefully an SD version will be available. I also wouldn't be opposed to an SMR either.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well that sucks.   I bought the SSA specifically for the MPX.  I worked awesome broke around 4k rounds.  Luckily they replaced the trigger before they changed their policy of voiding their warranty if it is installed on the MPX.   So it looks like the stock block is critical to prevent damaging the trigger, and nobody has an aftermarket trigger that has the block.

View Quote

When I called them and asked about it, they told me I was GTG.

I guess that is one of those "that was then, this is now" things.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sign me up as well!  
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#28]
They told me as of last week I was GTG putting the replacement trigger in the MPX.   I called today to confirm their new warranty position.  However, they have not updated their website with we have a warranty, except if you install it in a MPX or MCX.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#29]
They told me as of last week I was GTG putting the replacement trigger in the MPX. I called today to confirm their new warranty position. However, they have not updated their website with we have a warranty, except if you install it in a MPX or MCX

This is new news to me as well.
Guess my S3G wont be going into the MPX after all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Just use a Hiperfire competition trigger.

The disconnect is fully protected, it can not be slapped by the head of the hammer.

I've got a couple thousand rounds thru mine so far with no issues.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Just noticed this warning on all AR trigger pages when I went to look at Geissele Black Friday sale.

"Please note, our triggers are designed for mil-spec AR15/M4 carbine rifles. Our AR15 triggers are not compatible with the Sig MPX/MCX weapons. The SSA-MPX trigger will be available in 2017. Please call 610-272-2060 for details."
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 4:01:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just noticed this warning on all AR trigger pages when I went to look at Geissele Black Friday sale.

"Please note, our triggers are designed for mil-spec AR15/M4 carbine rifles. Our AR15 triggers are not compatible with the Sig MPX/MCX weapons. The SSA-MPX trigger will be available in 2017. Please call 610-272-2060 for details."
View Quote

Yeah I just saw that as well...I have an SD3G here I was going to put into my MPX this weekend...Im guessing I won't do that now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I put an SSA in mine maybe a year ago.  ~1,500 rounds in an no issues so far.  Not seeing any abnormal wear whatsoever.  Almost all rounds fired have been subsonic suppressed.

I did so based on this Disqus Thread - see comment from Bill Geissele.  It was also referenced on an AR15.com thread Best Trigger for MPX Thread.

I also have Geissele's in my Tavor, Scar 16, Scar 17, and a couple of AR's.  Just love them.

For those of us that purchased prior to the change in direction at Geissele, if there is an issue it sounds like they will still fix or replace.  I would sincerely hope so given Bill's comment in the above story.

I guess the next question is that if it fails past when they have the new SSA-MPX trigger out in the market, do they send you an SSA-MPX trigger as a replacement?  Or do they just send you a new/repaired SSA?  I would hope the former unless they are willing to continue to fix/repair the replaced SSA if it breaks again.  But hopefully the one I have just keeps running without any issues...
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#34]
It would be a good gesture by G if they offer a discount on their MPX trigger for people who bought them on their recommendation.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Well a specific MPX tigger is a great way to ea. But the reversal of the warranty stance is troubling...
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Even more troubling is their retroactive reversal of their warranty based on their previous statements their triggers would work on the MPX and MCX.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Yea, the retroactive stance on geissele triggers into the mpx is troubling. I bought a s2g just for my mpx because of their stance and what Bill said in the above forums .

Hopefully the SSA-MPX comes out Q1 and is close in price to the SSA... Also would have been nice if the SSA-MPX was available during their black Friday sale .
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah.  Since they did not do a recall, I hope they will offer the SSA-MPX at a discount to people who bought the SSA for their MPX, and can no longer use them in the MPX.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Didn't larue say he guarantees his trigger in there.  Mine runs fine
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes, I think Larue said their trigger will run in the MPX.   So did G, until they said it did not.  I assume it is because some of the G triggers started to do slam fires once the trigger was worn out. Which mine did until the hammer followed the bolt home with a lite primer strike (normally after 2-5 rounds of slam firing)
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update.  You guys make a heck of a product. I proudly wear one of your hats and have your "Trigger control that is out of this world" patch slapped on my plate carrier. Do you think there will be different configurations of the mpx trigger?  A SD3G mpx specific trigger that performs the same as the standard SD3G trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here. Your SD3G is currently my favorite. You guys are sure causing a lot of OEM triggers to end up in my parts bin.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I guess i'll swap my SSA-E from my MPX with my LaRue in my AR SBR till further notice.

I'm over 7K rounds on my MPX and haven't had a problem yet
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well this is disappointing.  What happened to Bills statement?

https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/06/will-upgrading-the-sig-sauer-mpx-to-an-ar-15-trigger-void-your-warranty/

I called Geissele yesterday, and got the song and dance: "We didnt know, all we ever said was that it would fit, we can sell you a referb kit for $150".    Thats not what a Golden warranty sounds like.

Last night I removed my S3G from the MPX and swapped in a Hiperfire 24E.   I never had a problem with my S3G trigger, but with the recent developments it seemed the thing to do.

I have no shot the MPX with the new trigger yet, we'll see.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/218DEF39-B9F5-473B-9405-0B4751CA76C8_zpswkhjk919.png

https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/06/will-upgrading-the-sig-sauer-mpx-to-an-ar-15-trigger-void-your-warranty/

I called Geissele yesterday, and got the song and dance: "We didnt know, all we ever said was that it would fit, we can sell you a referb kit for $150".    Thats not what a Golden warranty sounds like.

Last night I removed my S3G from the MPX and swapped in a Hiperfire 24E.   I never had a problem with my S3G trigger, but with the recent developments it seemed the thing to do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/218DEF39-B9F5-473B-9405-0B4751CA76C8_zpswkhjk919.png

This is turning me off Geisele. Those triggers are very expensive and that is OK but they should stand behind them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screen shoted. If I have issues with my S3G I'll hold them to their word. I have 7 of their triggers and have had zero issues. Doubt I'll need collect on Bills "golden warranty".
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is turning me off Geisele. Those triggers are very expensive and that is OK but they should stand behind them.
View Quote

Not turning me off...My guess is they started seeing more issues with their triggers in the MPX than they anticipated.  If thats the case, you can't blame them.

I only hope the new MPX trigger they release is flat and not curved.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Does anybody have a Larue Tactical MBT-2S in their MPX with 5,000+ rounds through it with the trigger?   I am looking to replace my SSA in my MPX after it failed and G no longer supports it in the MPX/MCX.   I called LT and they said the MBT works in the MPX and they don't have any reports of failures in the MPX.  However, I want to make sure it will last more than a five months in the gun before I buy it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Does anybody have a Larue Tactical MBT-2S in their MPX with 5,000+ rounds through it with the trigger?   I am looking to replace my SSA in my MPX after it failed and G no longer supports it in the MPX/MCX.   I called LT and they said the MBT works in the MPX and they don't have any reports of failures in the MPX.  However, I want to make sure it will last more than a five months in the gun before I buy it.
View Quote

Everything breaks at some point. Sounds like LT is saying it works while G has backed off it. Go LaRue MBT in that case.

Why not just shoot the stock trigger if you are worried about it? It's not like it is a precision rifle. Doubt you will ever shoot it past 100y (more likely 50y and in) anyway.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#49]
la rue mbt is a much nicer trigger   probably over 1k now
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Everything breaks at some point. Sounds like LT is saying it works while G has backed off it. Go LaRue MBT in that case.  

Why not just shoot the stock trigger if you are worried about it? It's not like it is a precision rifle. Doubt you will ever shoot it past 100y (more likely 50y and in) anyway. 

--------------
Agreed that everything breaks at some point. I just want see if will last for a while longer than the SSA did.  If not, I will just wait for the MPX SSA trigger to come out

The stock trigger is not that bad, it is just is not nearly as nice as the SSA.  The SSA in mine, and the SSA-E in my friends MPX, spoiled me.  Don't get me wrong, I will save a lot of money in ammo with the stock trigger

On the flip side my Obsidian 45 will soon be out of jail and I have the 3-lug and 4k rounds of 147 grain waiting for its arrival.  The SSA will help me work through my ammo backlog
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top