Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 30 of 44)
Page / 44
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

Will the Warcomp + Warden clear the end of the handguard?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SIASL:
TacOps with 9” barrel and TR25. Just throwing ideas around - set at max power and use a ring mounted RMR/SRO for 1x + NV use? The ring mounted RDS would keep it at a good height for NV (quick check) and the x-power for possibilities? Plan on a SF Warcomp and Warden in the near future.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384478/7675F506-D6E7-49E4-98BE-00B581B20804-1332986.jpg

I believe so. If I figured correctly it should play peek-a-boo at the very end.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Rattler / M4 / MI / BOSS

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#3]
^ Very nice.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Rattler / M4 / MI / BOSS

https://i.imgur.com/67uiqla.jpg
View Quote

So there is enough clearance between the MI handguard and can to fit mlok accessories?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:40:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#6]
^ That’s nasty.

Picked up my SRD762-Ti yesterday (and the QDC/CQB).

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
Rattler versus MCX 6.75" "LFaux" (Faux-LVAW).

Similar guns functionally in and that they're both short 300 BLK suppressed guns, but set up for totally different roles, Rattler as a PDW, MCX as a Low-Vis fighting gun.

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/90792353_2770655873054272_7214108442531555554_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=PJVXfO7rSLkAX9rbQGt&oh=f1bcd23f715f2b84b453fd8721b89b84&oe=5EA73B9A

~Augee
View Quote

@TNVC_Augee

Are you bridging the two rails together with the MAWL?  How has laser repeatability been?

Very nice setups. Especially the Eotech FTC mount.  I plan on buying that and the G45 magnifier once they are available.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]

The Legacy MCX has a longer receiver rail than the Virtus, so the MAWL is 100% sitting on the receiver rail.

IMHO, the longer receiver rail makes the Legacy guns better suited for night fighting guns than the Virtus. Granted, the Virtus handguard *is* rated for RTZ, but so’s the 416 handguard, and I know very few guys who have used the 416 long-term that actually trust it.

Sadly, the G.45 will not be compatible with the G.33 FTC.

The G.33 is tight enough because of the way it needs to be mounted in order for the FTC function to work that dimensions of the G.34 FTC mount had to be very specific, and EOTech changed them enough with their new magnifiers to preclude their use.

~Augee
View Quote

Man, that sucks about the G45.... thanks for the heads up.... you saved me $600+ in headaches.  I'd rather have the FTC function.

I have a MCX on order and plan on using it more as a PDW/get home gun. I have a LMT CSW upper with a monolithic upper rail that I plan on using with a MAWL for a night setup.

Thanks again @TNVC_Augee
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Current status: EOTech, Rex MG10 Ultra 308, Grey SD Carbine Handguard, Geissele Super MCX Trigger

Next: SRD762Ti is in jail. SBR and maybe the Romeo4T

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By domestique1:

Man, that sucks about the G45.... thanks for the heads up.... you saved me $600+ in headaches.  I'd rather have the FTC function.

I have a MCX on order and plan on using it more as a PDW/get home gun. I have a LMT CSW upper with a monolithic upper rail that I plan on using with a MAWL for a night setup.

Thanks again @TNVC_Augee
View All Quotes

The Legacy MCX has a longer receiver rail than the Virtus, so the MAWL is 100% sitting on the receiver rail.

IMHO, the longer receiver rail makes the Legacy guns better suited for night fighting guns than the Virtus. Granted, the Virtus handguard *is* rated for RTZ, but so’s the 416 handguard, and I know very few guys who have used the 416 long-term that actually trust it.

Sadly, the G.45 will not be compatible with the G.33 FTC.

The G.33 is tight enough because of the way it needs to be mounted in order for the FTC function to work that dimensions of the G.34 FTC mount had to be very specific, and EOTech changed them enough with their new magnifiers to preclude their use.

~Augee

Thanks again @TNVC_Augee

Just as an FYI - I have a MAWL that’s been mounted on a 6.75” Virtus for ~1 year.  It’s been through riding in my truck everyday, on my Polaris at my farm, multiple commercial flights, a helicopter hog hunt, a couple of instructor courses, multiple demos and bumping around my safe all in-between.  It has yet to lose zero.

I intentionally check it every few days with a Target I have setup in my shop and it’s been solid.

YMMV, obviously, but it helps for me to “live what I preach” on the RTZ function of the Virtus Rails.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: domestique1] [#12]
Good to know.  Are you bridging the gap on the rails, or running it on just the handguard?

Thanks @Coregon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:
^ That’s nasty.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49705973561_3fa64ca06f_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49706333122_b0ee1cf7f4_k.jpg
View Quote

TACOPS?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to know.  Are you bridging the gap on the rails, or running it on just the handguard?

Thanks @Coregon.
View Quote

100% on HG
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

TACOPS?
View All Quotes
^ That’s nasty.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49705973561_3fa64ca06f_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49706333122_b0ee1cf7f4_k.jpg

TACOPS?

Probably technically so by the components, but that’s not how I got it.

I started with a Rattler pistol that I Form 1’d then picked up a Virtus upper (9” 300). l later snagged the 6.75 barrel kit and the 12” handguard.

Was definitely the more expensive path, but it was the only option for black at the time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:07:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BurtSaun1049] [#16]

I started with a Rattler pistol that I Form 1’d then picked up a Virtus upper (9” 300). l later snagged the 6.75 barrel kit and the 12” handguard.

Was definitely the more expensive path, but it was the only option for black at the time.
View Quote

Largely the only option for black now as well

*ETA I ordered a 762TI-10 back in January and will likely pickup a TACOPS sometime after.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#17]

*ETA I ordered a 762TI-10 back in January and will likely pickup a TACOPS sometime after.
View All Quotes

That’s awesome. I regret not waiting for the Ti-10 but I got a good deal on the full size and there were some uncertainties about the future of suppressor ownership in VA.

Ultimately, I’d love to pick up a Legacy upper and switch over the LVAW-ish stuff there and add a Lancer—that’s about as sexy as it gets.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By coregon:

Just as an FYI - I have a MAWL that's been mounted on a 6.75" Virtus for ~1 year.  It's been through riding in my truck everyday, on my Polaris at my farm, multiple commercial flights, a helicopter hog hunt, a couple of instructor courses, multiple demos and bumping around my safe all in-between.  It has yet to lose zero.
View Quote

Me too on RTZ, however, there IS some side to side wobble you can induce by pulling on a sling or pushing against barricades when the laser if 100% on the handguard so I clamped the rail with the front sight to the upper and there is now no movement.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By elucidate:

Me too on RTZ, however, there IS some side to side wobble you can induce by pulling on a sling or pushing against barricades when the laser if 100% on the handguard so I clamped the rail with the front sight to the upper and there is now no movement.
View Quote

Good to know. I remember you mentioning the front sight clamp. The Mod Button would probably work as well, depending on switchology configuration.

I'll most likely end up going MAWL, with the Unity Hot button in front of the MAWL buttons.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Just as an FYI - I have a MAWL that's been mounted on a 6.75" Virtus for ~1 year.  It's been through riding in my truck everyday, on my Polaris at my farm, multiple commercial flights, a helicopter hog hunt, a couple of instructor courses, multiple demos and bumping around my safe all in-between.  It has yet to lose zero.

On mine, you can press up on the handguard where it mates to the receiver and induce some lateral wiggling. Doesn't seem to affect the top rail whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#22]
Wrong thread.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a bunch of not your everyday MCX stuff...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:07:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#25]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't "get" those FAST mounts.  A little bit too much BeowulfX for me.

I saw someone new on the MCX Owner's group facebook page, too.  

Can you post a size comparison between the Virtus and SPEAR?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#28]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/37E89432-B0A9-4CFF-B296-95F889B4E15A_jpe-1341049.JPG

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Where can I get this rail?  Does it work on a Virtus?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#29]

You're just doing this to hurt me.

I thought we were friends, dude.  

One day, dammit.

~Augee
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/232800/37E89432-B0A9-4CFF-B296-95F889B4E15A_jpe-1341049.JPG

You're just doing this to hurt me.

I thought we were friends, dude.  

One day, dammit.

~Augee

Had to get another one, since I had the short rail, too
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/37E89432-B0A9-4CFF-B296-95F889B4E15A_jpe-1341049.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

You can't, unfortunately.  

No, it will not work on any commercial MCX.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Have you shot passively through NODS? Ever shot in a gas mask? Do lots of force on force training and using a face mask?

I assume you haven't as it would suddenly click why having another inch under an RDS optic makes sense.

The beowulfx thing was multiple inches with cheap magnified optics for no real benefit or theory.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I don't "get" those FAST mounts.  A little bit too much BeowulfX for me.

I saw someone new on the MCX Owner's group facebook page, too.  

Can you post a size comparison between the Virtus and SPEAR?

Have you shot passively through NODS? Ever shot in a gas mask? Do lots of force on force training and using a face mask?

I assume you haven't as it would suddenly click why having another inch under an RDS optic makes sense.

The beowulfx thing was multiple inches with cheap magnified optics for no real benefit or theory.

Yes, yes, and more yes.  

I also understand fundamentals of marksmanship, and understand that a repeatable cheekweld is desirable, and the farther up you go on your face, the more difficult it is to repeat that cheekweld, as you're on your chin.  I also don't want any larger deviation than necessary to my point of aim/point of impact.  So no.  I don't "get" it.  It's a hardware solution to a training problem.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#32]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#33]

I've got Unity FAST mounts (2.26" optical centerline to top of rail) on an MCX (higher than standard AR height over bore) with a "Kate Moss" folder.

I'm still getting a cheek weld, I'm not on my chin. Everyone's heads and faces are different, but the "chin weld" thing is played out.

The "less cheek" argument vis-a-vis repeatability is counteracted by the fact that in just about every shooting position except for the prone, taller optics allow for a much more natural and comfortable head positioning on the weapon, which = more easily repeatable/less fatigue over time = more consistency.

It is slightly less ideal in the prone than an absolute cowitness optic, but if you're in the prone, you probably have more time/standoff to align the shot while still retaining speed, comfort, and consistency in other positions.

In practical terms the difference between "tall" optic mounts and "standard" (whether absolute cowitness or lower 1/3) is negligible and frankly beyond most ammunition and shooters' ability to hold offhand under stress--regardless, as always, shoot your offsets and learn them for yourself, not what some shareware graph tells you it should be.  

Pictured, dude with not enough training using a hardware solution because (in his own words) "Sergeant Major loved training in gasmasks."

https://sun9-5.userapi.com/c852132/v852132082/7532d/de6d3T8UTl0.jpg

(P.S., that's a 2.27" optical centerline to top of rail height - EOTech 551 1.52" + KAC 3/4" riser)

If you don't like 'em, they don't work for you, or you just don't think they're necessary, then don't use 'em, no one's forcing you to. But the whole "it's a fad" and "I know how to marksmanship" thing that people have about not wanting to use them and criticizing those who do because they're so much smarter got old a long time ago.  

~Augee
View Quote
Maybe my head's a funny shape. I thought my lower 1/3 cowitness T-1 was waaay too high on my MPX due to the immediate drop of the brace off the lower receiver. I don't even like piggybacked RMRs.

But since mUh MaRkSmAnShIp fundamentals aren't a thing, whatever. There's a reason that adjustable cheek pads are desired in many cases. Look at the ARX-100, and how many people have built or bought cheek risers for it. No one wants a "neutral head position" on over watch for hours at a time.

I'm far from a fucking boomer, but just like I said, I don't get it. I can get my face down low enough wearing a gas mask, mask for sims, or NVGs. And I have a huge fucking head. Like XL kevlar size. I still firmly believe that the "neutral head position" thing is a just marketing. I've had hours and days at a shot behind 249s, 240s, M4/16, and I've never once said "man, my neck hurts."
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe my head's a funny shape. I thought my lower 1/3 cowitness T-1 was waaay too high on my MPX due to the immediate drop of the brace off the lower receiver. I don't even like piggybacked RMRs.

But since mUh MaRkSmAnShIp fundamentals aren't a thing, whatever. There's a reason that adjustable cheek pads are desired in many cases. Look at the ARX-100, and how many people have built or bought cheek risers for it. No one wants a "neutral head position" on over watch for hours at a time.

I'm far from a fucking boomer, but just like I said, I don't get it. I can get my face down low enough wearing a gas mask, mask for sims, or NVGs. And I have a huge fucking head. Like XL kevlar size. I still firmly believe that the "neutral head position" thing is a just marketing. I've had hours and days at a shot behind 249s, 240s, M4/16, and I've never once said "man, my neck hurts."
View Quote
the unity tactical mount is lower than piggybacked rmr.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#35]

I've got Unity FAST mounts (2.26" optical centerline to top of rail) on an MCX (higher than standard AR height over bore) with a "Kate Moss" folder.

I'm still getting a cheek weld, I'm not on my chin. Everyone's heads and faces are different, but the "chin weld" thing is played out.

The "less cheek" argument vis-a-vis repeatability is counteracted by the fact that in just about every shooting position except for the prone, taller optics allow for a much more natural and comfortable head positioning on the weapon, which = more easily repeatable/less fatigue over time = more consistency.

It is slightly less ideal in the prone than an absolute cowitness optic, but if you're in the prone, you probably have more time/standoff to align the shot while still retaining speed, comfort, and consistency in other positions.

In practical terms the difference between "tall" optic mounts and "standard" (whether absolute cowitness or lower 1/3) is negligible and frankly beyond most ammunition and shooters' ability to hold offhand under stress--regardless, as always, shoot your offsets and learn them for yourself, not what some shareware graph tells you it should be.  

Pictured, dude with not enough training using a hardware solution because (in his own words) "Sergeant Major loved training in gasmasks."

(P.S., that's a 2.27" optical centerline to top of rail height - EOTech 551 1.52" + KAC 3/4" riser)

If you don't like 'em, they don't work for you, or you just don't think they're necessary, then don't use 'em, no one's forcing you to. But the whole "it's a fad" and "I know how to marksmanship" thing that people have about not wanting to use them and criticizing those who do because they're so much smarter got old a long time ago.  

~Augee
View Quote

@TNVC_Augee

Nice Photo.... Have you watched Jamey's NV DVDs?  I'm not really a Panteao fan (seeing how they dicked over Paul Howe and others), but I am curious if the second DVD had any useful info for a NV newbie.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#37]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:21:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: domestique1] [#38]

Obviously it aint mine, it was just the first really clear one I could pull up with a quick search, but photographs of similar setups aren't uncommon, hahaha.

I haven't seen the DVDs, so I can't really comment on them, but I've trained with him--good, knowledgeable guy with a lot of good experience.  

Incidentally, I just sent him a FAST mount the other day to try out.

~Augee
View Quote

Being that he's a Ball/Detent user.... I'm not surprised!

Gotcha. I follow him on Instagram and read that he was finally getting a FAST mount... previously he stated he didn't see the need, and it was too tall..... but I don't think he realized that the Wilcox riser he helped design and the FAST mount were very similar in height.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#39]
if anyone has a gen1 mpx upper for sale dm me
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#40]

~Augee
View All Quotes
Yes, yes, and more yes.  

I also understand fundamentals of marksmanship, and understand that a repeatable cheekweld is desirable, and the farther up you go on your face, the more difficult it is to repeat that cheekweld, as you're on your chin.  I also don't want any larger deviation than necessary to my point of aim/point of impact.  So no.  I don't "get" it.  It's a hardware solution to a training problem.

~Augee

Oh Snap!
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:

Oh Snap!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:
Yes, yes, and more yes.  

~Augee

Oh Snap!

Me: Looking over at old EOTech 552 laying around.... Great. Now I need to go buy a KAC .75 riser :)
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#42]
SIG MPX by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:07:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#44]
TacOps with 9” barrel and TR25. Just throwing ideas around - set at max power and use a ring mounted RMR/SRO for 1x + NV use? The ring mounted RDS would keep it at a good height for NV (quick check) and the x-power for possibilities? Plan on a SF Warcomp and Warden in the near future.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384478/7675F506-D6E7-49E4-98BE-00B581B20804-1332986.jpg
View Quote

View Quote

I believe so. If I figured correctly it should play peek-a-boo at the very end.
View Quote

So this is the end result with the 12” handguard -

ETA: Basically, a flush fit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#45]
This is the 10” rail -

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Does Midwest make a FDE Handguard for the MCX?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:
Does Midwest make a FDE Handguard for the MCX?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Until tax stamp comes back.

Gotta decide on what handguard to run, thinking the Sig SD 10in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/450250/5E785F19-1E9B-4AF5-B32B-14807549A849_jpe-1387362.JPG

Until tax stamp comes back.

Gotta decide on what handguard to run, thinking the Sig SD 10in.
View Quote

Looks great. Nice gun.
Page / 44
Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 30 of 44)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top