Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2017 10:25:57 AM EDT
Is anyone here using / hear of / or know of this system/company for 41F requirements?  

I don't know the pricing of it, but it seems all inclusive.

Livescan System
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with Secure Outcomes Inc, but Google says they've been around since 2008.

There are literally hundreds of vendors offering livescan fingerprint systems, they just happen to be marketing this one to SOTs. There's nothing special about the 41F fingerprint requirements, as FBI's CJIS sets the same requirements for all FD-258 civil print cards. Literally any certified livescan solution will do what you need. CJIS maintains the certification database, and that's a good starting point to seek out vendors.

When it comes to researching systems to buy, price is basically the main data point. Also find out who wrote the software API. I would try to only buy from vendors who wrote their own API, or at least wrote the front-end software running the API, as they will be in a better position to support it.

There are so many resellers and middle men, it's hard to weed them all out.
Most everyone is shy about publicly posting their prices for this gear too. Typically you're looking at $5,000 minimum for a total livescan solution.

I wouldn't pay extra just because it can output 2x2" color photos. I take NFA form photos using my phone. The real trick is outputting them on the PDF. (I do that with Adobe Acrobat.)
Backdrop and subject lighting are the key to acceptable passport photos.

I have seen no indication that ATF will accept electronic transmissions in the future. Actually, the FBI would be the accepting entity, on behalf of ATF. They'd have to work together to integrate that for NFA forms.
(FBI does accept digital prints through state LE upload hubs, and some individual agencies). Maybe in the 22nd century. 

If they really cared about streamlining the NFA process, they wouldn't require a card set with each form submission in the first place. It's completely redundant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top