Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 1:34:17 PM EDT
Hey guys and gals,

The shop I'm working for is looking at switching from paper to an electronic book.  We've come across a few offerings that look promising, but it's quite new to us.  

I was curious what everyone else is using? Currently I'm looking at FFL Boss and Gun StoreMaster.  I'm not finding many reviews online for each of them though.  Any input would be appreciated.  My biggest complaint about FFL Boss it seems is that it's purely cloud based, although this is not a problem if we're downloading a copy of our book each time we make edits. 

Also, keep the discussion specific towards who uses what and their thoughts of their product, please.  It's pretty much decided we're going electronic, there is no way to keep us on paper unless the ATF reverses their ruling.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Gun Store Master for the last 2.5 years. I was VERY HAPPY with it. It is web based but it has a companion app that is installed on your computer that allows mostly full use of your bound book even if your internet is of offline. It syncs with your GSM very easily and quickly. The functionality GSM offers is excellent. You can assign individual transaction id's to all of your sales. It allows separate management and staff log-ins so you can track who did what etc. It stores all of your inbound FFLs data, allows large batch processing for multiple entries (think a box of 50 stripped lowers from one vendor), and the quick find FFL search function allows for pre-filling their data without manually inputting it every single time. It also gives you the ability to separate Repairs, consignments, transfers, and manufacturing entries into their own categories so you don't have to wade through your entire book to find a specific entry. The search function is very accurate and not overly particular about upper/lower case issues etc. Cost to usability is very solid. I would not use anything else out there that I have seen. Doesn't mean there isn't something better, I'm just not familiar with it.
Please feel free to email/IM me if you have any questions. 44.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#2]
We use FFL Tools.

Relatively inexpensive
Auto checks validity of new FFL numbers and populates detail fields
Electronic 4473s with remote buyer entry
Auto populates NICS eCheck info
Multiple users with role controls
Not cloud based
NFA Forms
and more
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m a little late to this one. I used to use FFL Boss, it’s a good system, not too pricey, and it is pretty easy to use, no issue with it at all. On the downside, the layout and the dropdown menu selections were a little clumsy IMO, again NOT a functional thing, but I think it could have been cleaner. Bryan told me FFL Boss worked best in Chrome, and so it does. Personally I don’t care for Chrome, that’s just me. You can use a cheap bar code scanner to log in/out serials in the A&D and also print serial number tags from FFL Boss. The digital 4473 is nice as well. They have great customer support, and they are improving the product.  
I have since moved to CDS. We had some need that FFL Boss does not offer, and it was cheaper to bundle then in with CDS. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top