Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 6:58:20 PM EDT
What are you guys with brick and mortars using for a point of sale system?

Have three stores, looking at Eagle from Epicor right now but it's very expensive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
NCR Silver. I should probably get something cheaper and that has layaways and such. Thought about trying RSR's PoS system. 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have one location so this may not apply to your question but I switched to the Square system last spring. I saved $7000 on bank credit card fees in the first year. I love it and everything about it. It has a more advanced system for lots of plus but I dont need that and have never seen it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm didn't think Square and guns went hand in hand. 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
We are using Clover right now which is a complete joke. Really want to stay away from the touch screen based systems. Need something that offers much more complexity. Invoicing, AR, layaway, loyalty, web site, multi store distribution, etc
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]
i think ffltools might suit you.

ETA - but i think their version of POS isnt really POS. its more of an invoice system for sales. I think. NOT 100% sure on that.

btw  i like the square idea as i use their pos for 2 of my businesses (not guns) and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Can someone using Square clarify the guns for me? I was told by several people that Square and Guns did not play well together. That would save me a ton of time / stress / $$$$$$$$$$ if I have been told false information.

Never mind. I recall checking with them before I got another CC company and I do remember reading this. Not sure how anyone can get by this!!!

Prohibited Goods and Services with Square Point of Sale. Sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
ive used sqaure for a while now (for ffl type stuff) and i have the other company EMS+ which is actually gun friendly and alot of small shops (and big) use them for credit card processing since its same like square based. but i use square more. but i dont specifically list when i use the square app.

in other words. i dont put "gun" i usually put like "Retail sale" and just run it. now im not telling you specifically to circumvent the square policy. you do what you want. I use it but mainly for transfers as i usually take cash for everything else. but i can tell you right now. Everything works well until you get on the bad side of someone, or someone isnt happy and they write into sqaure and say they bought an "ASSAULT RIFLE GUN" and then you will be SOL..

i wish square was gun friendly because their square pos is so easy to use and free of course.

im not sure if EMS+ has a pos system.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you guys enjoying using a tablet as a POS? or would you rather it to run off a PC/Mac/Laptop?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#9]
One of my projects as COO for a chain of ten stores has been introducing a unified POS. We are using Aimsi-Pro.

It is WAY more powerful than what we need, and some of the processes can be a bit convoluted, but it seems to work well and their tech support has been very helpful when we've needed it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I know this is an older post but i am very happy with https://www.technology4retailers.com/t-aimsi.aspx . They have a lot of good things for FFLs built in. The prices is very reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are using Clover right now which is a complete joke. Really want to stay away from the touch screen based systems. Need something that offers much more complexity. Invoicing, AR, layaway, loyalty, web site, multi store distribution, etc
View Quote
Ahhh. I worked for a large merchant company (associated with a large bank) and sold Clover and then was a sales trainer for a long time.

I am so glad my Clover days are past me. The thing was always trouble, coupled with the fact that people sold it because they were incentivized to, not because it was a good fit for the business owner.

What you are looking for goes way beyond Clover. You'll be spending 10 times what you spent on Clover to get those abilities.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Avoid Aimsi. Buggy and there is zero logic to how anything is laid out. True it is powerful but very buggy. My Wife is on the phone with tech support at least once a month due to some report or another not working. They finally fixed the bug that would lock up randomly any of the computers running it after a year of headaches.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Ended up going with Eagle by Epicor. In one store now, will roll out to the others soon.

Talk about a learning curve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top