BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We have had a few issues with new users who registered since 6PM yesterday and the accounts may not have taken.  I think we found the issue now, so you should be able to try it.

Done. (again)
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Should be GTG
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Look what the mailman brought me today :-)

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ATF cashed check on 9th of March, and im still waiting.  They are probably pretty low on people up here in AK.  They said short staffed.  Im going to run my little shop out of a finished room over my garage with regular hours, so I guess im technically B&M and KT.  The other shops around here dont do military type rifles, so I dont think im going to be stepping on too many toes.  

where do you guys get your books?  are you allowed to get them ahead of time?

Im still waiting.  last time I called they said everything looked ok, but there was nobody to fly out to Kodiak to inspect and interview.  The person said there was a supervisor doing the work of one of the atf grunt types, and that person was in seattle because the normal guy wasnt available or something.  This fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn AKsala, that sucks.

They cashed the check for our SOT 6/29 if that helps rub salt in the wound...

Mine was delayed so the agent could go on vacation to AZ.  Worked out for me because she was in a good mood when she got back.  Peggy is who I dealt with.  

If I can help you out at all lemmee know.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Getting interviewed the 23rd.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WooHoo!!

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

WooHoo!!

Im pretty stoked.  Shes like (melanie, not peggy) ok it will only take about an hour.  Because im sure she wants to gtfo of kodiak asap.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I think i passed my interview.  Now just wait for it to come in the mail
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#10]
ATF cashed my registration fee last Wed. I guess I will be hearing from the ATF gent sometime in Oct. My wife and I are starting a internet to internet business selling firearms at places like Gunbrokers.com. I hear a lot of advice about opening stores, but what about Internet to internet based gun business. Does anyone have any advice on what we need to have for the ATF agent. We already know that the city and state that we live in does not require a business license for a home business as long as we are not stock-piling on the product that we will be saling. Also, the neighborhood that we live in does not have a home owners association. If we have forgot anything else please let us know. We currently live in Kentucky.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
As Eagle_Armory said, they want to see you're in it to make a profit. Our inspector asked us where and what we were planning on selling including asking us what brands etc. Do your homework and have some answers thought out so you sound more professional and prepared. This may also help you refine your business plan (if you have one).
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ATF cashed my registration fee last Wed. I guess I will be hearing from the ATF gent sometime in Oct. My wife and I are starting a internet to internet business selling firearms at places like Gunbrokers.com. I hear a lot of advice about opening stores, but what about Internet to internet based gun business. Does anyone have any advice on what we need to have for the ATF agent. We already know that the city and state that we live in does not require a business license for a home business as long as we are not stock-piling on the product that we will be saling. Also, the neighborhood that we live in does not have a home owners association. If we have forgot anything else please let us know. We currently live in Kentucky.

Don't plan on it happening in October, you should be ready now. I mailed my application in on the 12th of July, and I got the call on August 4th. I was 12 hours away from home, and they guy was like "hey I'm in town lets do this". I was in my car headed home within 20 minutes. LIke you, I figured it would take a couple months minimum.  All went well though. I called ATF today and my FFL was issued yesterday. If your legit they will see it and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I pissed someone off.  Im still waiting on my license.  I finally called and asked wtf,  she said she sent it to her supervisor for approval.  There has been no problems with paperwork at all.  Check cashed mar 09.  Ill tell you now, they can take as long as they want.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I pissed someone off. Im still waiting on my license. I finally called and asked wtf, she said she sent it to her supervisor for approval. There has been no problems with paperwork at all. Check cashed mar 09. Ill tell you now, they can take as long as they want.

According to the ATF site

"The Gun Control Act requires ATF to act on a properly completed application within 60 days. ATF usually considers an application to have been properly completed when all required information has been provided to ATF in writing. This includes submission of the correct number of legible fingerprint cards, the correct fee, a correctly completed application, etc. If material changes have to be made to an application(e.g., a change from one license type to another or the addition of or changes to the responsible persons, different business name, premises address, hours of operation, EIN, etc.) after its initial receipt by the FFLC, then the 60-day processing period may re-start."

I would find out why they have taken that long.

They have taken that long because he is on an island in the gulf of Alaska and because the BATF can do what ever the Hell they want.  I do not think filing suit or even threatening to is going to make things move any faster.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#17]
they said its on the bosses desk for review and he will look at it first thing next week when he gets back from travel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Recommended for licensing, and sent to the licensing center, whatever that is.  They probably will wait till the ninth to make it a good round 6 months of having people call and try to do business, and me telling them to wait another couple weeks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Recommended for licensing, and sent to the licensing center, whatever that is.  They probably will wait till the ninth to make it a good round 6 months of having people call and try to do business, and me telling them to wait another couple weeks.

I think it takes a week after it hits the licensing center..

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Holy fuck AKsala!!

Im switching from an to 07/02. I didn't have to do fingerprints or photo's. Hopefully i get it a little faster. i'll be really fucking pissed if it taks as long as AK's

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Holy fuck AKsala!!

Im switching from an to 07/02. I didn't have to do fingerprints or photo's. Hopefully i get it a little faster. i'll be really fucking pissed if it taks as long as AK's

Im in the club as of today.  Incredible.  Now i want my SOT.  I got a packet with another fingerprint card,  do i need to do that again.  Which SOT is good for sbr?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it takes a week after it hits the licensing center..    

First post nails it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy fuck AKsala!!

Im in the club as of today.  Incredible.  Now i want my SOT.  I got a packet with another fingerprint card,  do i need to do that again.  Which SOT is good for sbr?

What do you mean by this?

My check was cashed over a month ago. Havent heard anything.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy fuck AKsala!!

What do you mean by this?

My check was cashed over a month ago. Havent heard anything.

Yekimak set me straight, i thought you needed different sots for different things.  Just a newb rambling, pay no mind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#25]
ATF received our application on 7/14, we had our interview on 8/24.  Ran into the same problems as many, selected wrong type, we are LLC and doing the EIN it said we were a partnership, so that's what I choose.  We fixed that then and there.  Hoping our FFL arrives this week, or next at the latest.

Which # are you guys calling to check on your status?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Should be GTG

Just signed up too.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top