Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Springfield Hellion VHS 2 (Page 5 of 21)
Page / 21
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Any red dot recommendations for the hellion? Really like the aesthetics of the Aimpoint Pro on it, but worried the Pro isn't bright enough for daytime use outdoors.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gaflyer:
Any red dot recommendations for the hellion? Really like the aesthetics of the Aimpoint Pro on it, but worried the Pro isn't bright enough for daytime use outdoors.

https://imgur.com/a/5MqHmAr
View Quote
I’ve never owned a Pro but I’d imagine it’s plenty bright enough.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The PRO is what I have on my Hecklion and it's plenty bright outdoors.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the PRO without the spacer on the QD base.  I felt like it didn't need to be that high on that high rail.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 1:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SPARKY4] [#5]
Bereli has been great to me previously and they don’t charge tax or shipping, but they are OOS, where is the best place to pick one of these up now?
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SPARKY4:
Bereli has been great to me previously and they don’t charge tax or shipping, but they are OOS, where is the best place to pick one of these up now?
View Quote

Check gundeals on reddit. The last I saw was around 1595.
I got mine from skid tactical and got 5% off by paying with btc.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks.  What is BTC?
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks.  What is BTC?
View Quote

Probably bitcoin or some other form of cryptocurrency
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Thanks.  What is BTC?
View Quote

The future of money.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

They charge now for MO :(
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I just ordered one from Arms Unlimited- it was the best price I found and no tax.
https://armsunlimited.com/springfield-hellion-556-bullpup-rifle/
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Great prices!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I just saw the email blast from Brownells - they have the Hellion on sale  for $1619.  Not sure about tax, etc.  

https://www.brownells.com/guns/rifles/semi-auto-rifles/hellion-bullpup-5.56-16

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Berelli now charges tax, but still free shipping.  I was told this policy has changed beginning of 2023.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BNZ:
Berelli now charges tax, but still free shipping.  I was told this policy has changed beginning of 2023.
View Quote

Damn do they really?  I was just looking at getting a Hellion from them as they were $1,510 with the discount code.  Basically the discount now just negates the tax.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Damn do they really?  I was just looking at getting a Hellion from them as they were $1,510 with the discount code.  Basically the discount now just negates the tax.
View Quote

I almost bought that also.  But it is the “first line” model.  Your dealer where you do a transfer may make/need to have you prove you are eligible.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#17]

I almost bought that also.  But it is the “first line” model.  Your dealer where you do a transfer may make/need to have you prove you are eligible.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize it was a different model.  What is "first line"?  Is that their name for a LE/QP model?
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize it was a different model.  What is "first line"?  Is that their name for a LE/QP model?
View All Quotes

Same model, just a program that Springfield offers for first responders, mil, police…..Similar to the Glock blue label.

I do not qualify and had a few shops tell me they did not care and would give it to me anyway if I ordered online and transferred through them, but not sure how that works with paper work.  Not willing to risk the return fees, plus the whole stolen valor thing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Same model, just a program that Springfield offers for first responders, mil, police…..Similar to the Glock blue label.

I do not qualify and had a few shops tell me they did not care and would give it to me anyway if I ordered online and transferred through them, but not sure how that works with paper work.  Not willing to risk the return fees, plus the whole stolen valor thing.
View Quote

From what I have seen the originating FFL, that is the MIL/LE program dealer, requires documentation for an individual to qualify for the MIL/LE program before it ships to the FFL that would complete the transfer.

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

We are close with our first of several parts.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Eagerly awaiting! Any hints?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Thor:
Sadly, I am really hating the lack of a manual BHO. I’ve forced double feeds and FTEs and it’s a pain to clear. Luckily I haven’t had any real malfunctions so hopefully it’s a moot point.

Hit mine with a little Cerakote yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/17612034-9401-45F5-8C0E-9C8057E055FC-2719587.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/F9E281B7-7B9D-4B8B-9F02-DC8CE9275C37-2719589.jpg
View Quote

How far did you disassemble this? I'm considering koting mine but not sure if I need to detail strip or not.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:18:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#22]
Originally Posted By Karter14171:

How far did you disassemble this? I'm considering koting mine but not sure if I need to detail strip or not.
View Quote

@Karter14171

I didn’t strip the top. I need to contact Springfield or find someone who’s removed the rail screws before. They are locked in tight and I felt I was risking damaging the screw head or slipping offand marring the screw head. I had to smoke the camo in on the bottom of the upper.

Everything was pretty straightforward. If you feel you have to force something, you missed something. The safety is tricky. The pin is small and hard to spot without direct lighting. A long punch helps to ease removal, and it’s a bit of fun getting the pin back in if you don’t have a magnetic punch.

Edit:

Oh. And I couldn’t find out how in the hell you’d remove the ejection port covers without drilling a hole to knock them out. There’s actually a few pins in the gun that have no access from the opposite side.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Wish mine looked as cool as yours does.  Well done.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#25]

@Scrapple

I learned some years ago never to show your hand until the product is ready to ship.

That being said I expect our first two products for the  Hellion to launch in 60-90 days, parts are already in process.
View Quote

Totally understandable, I'll be standing by!
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:09:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#26]

@Scrapple

I learned some years ago never to show your hand until the product is ready to ship.

That being said I expect our first two products for the  Hellion to launch in 60-90 days, parts are already in process.
View Quote

Very exciting and totally agree on not showing your hand. Tends to only cause headaches in the end. Although a new safety would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]

@Scrapple

View Quote

Finally some accessories!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#28]

@Scrapple

View Quote

Not even a tease? Cmon man that's like social media marketing 101, build the hype especially when no one knows about any aftermarket for the vhs2
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#30]

I did tease...I let people know we have our first two products coming.

...and it worked, as I have you among several other people drooling over what those parts could be.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

P.S.  I learned the hard way once that if you show your hand before product is ready, you gain nothing, and only give any unscrupulous copycats the chance to try to beat you to market with your own product that you spent many hours of R&D and money on.  I have not made that mistake again.
View Quote

Don’t blame you. First to market usually always wins…
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By gaflyer:

https://imgur.com/a/5MqHmAr
View Quote

I’ve settled on a PA 1X micro prism.

For the rest of the class. Just thinking out loud and watching some YouTube. The cassette style trigger in the VHS2 looks very high quality compared to factory Tavor. It looks more like aftermarket cassettes for the Tavor. I’m just spitballing but I don’t think there is much low hanging fruit for trigger upgrades until you get into the trigger itself, new angle on the trigger bar. There’s also the firing pin safety to contend with.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm curious how many people are using that as a "go-to" weapon.  I laid my hands on one today and I could be convinced to buy one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:  I'm curious how many people are using that as a "go-to" weapon.  I laid my hands on one today and I could be convinced to buy one.
View Quote

I mean, there's a whole country's army using it, so several thousand.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:17:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Watch_this71] [#35]
I've seen the vids on youtube and I gotta say that I'm starting to like it over my Tavor SAR.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Springfield Armory Hellion | 1 Year Review
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:
I'm curious how many people are using that as a "go-to" weapon.  I laid my hands on one today and I could be convinced to buy one.
View Quote

I really, really like my VHS. I've seriously have thought about switching from my AUG to the VHS as my primary long gun.

But it's not the lack of aftermarket. It's the lack of available factory spare parts. Granted, I'd either probably wear out few parts or maybe even none. But I'd hate to go all in without parts availability.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO7hdc2Rl18
View Quote

It is the best 5.56 bullpup I've ever owned or tested...period...
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised how much I like mine.  First Bullpup I've owned.  I've found it to be awesome with a can as it balances it well. As opposed to an AR that you cam really feel can out at the muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Im still holding out on a hellion, left hand config works great for me.  But, I wonder if different calibers will become available?  Id want one in 6.8spc!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
Im still holding out on a hellion, left hand config works great for me.  But, I wonder if different calibers will become available?  Id want one in 6.8spc!!
View Quote

7.62x39 would be a winner.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:  I'm curious how many people are using that as a "go-to" weapon.  I laid my hands on one today and I could be convinced to buy one.

Croatia and all of Iraq is using it...Iraq has like 100K in service...

Romania will be using it soon once they can produce in-country...

The Hellion/VHS-2 is a well proven go-to design...on par with all the latest AR designs like HK416, SCAR etc...
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
View Quote

Don't hold out too long ...
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Lol at the 6” height over bore lol
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

Lol at the 6" height over bore lol
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DevilDog0402:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/87D543F5-C33B-475C-95CD-45D86133DAC9-476.gif

Exactly, the same people say that then put the skyscraper Unity mounts on their AR's.  Just know your CQB holdovers and it's a nonissue.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Lol at the 6” height over bore lol
View Quote

Is that your disqual for the rifle…lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Disappointed in mine.  Took it to the range and was consistently 4” low at 25 yards (max at indoor range) after I buried the front sight post as low as it would go.  I started about 6” or 7” low before the adjustments.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 21
Springfield Hellion VHS 2 (Page 5 of 21)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top