User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is exciting!
Could make for some neat bullpups and a new home for my 18" Grendel barrel with high pressure bolt...
View Quote

I think that's the most exciting thing, is opening up all of the possibilities that no other bullpup can address.

Given that I can't have a Ukrainian Malyuk yet, I may do a 762x39 Senex. Hard to say.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Why is it that when I attempt to send a message to Senex Arms using their online senexarms.com/contact page, the Send Message box disappears and my message is not sent?
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why is it that when I attempt to send a message to Senex Arms using their online senexarms.com/contact page, the Send Message box disappears and my message is not sent?
View Quote

Probably for a similar reason we haven't seen any updates on this in quite some time.  Unfortunately going all the way to full commercial production and distribution is often the most difficult part of product and business development
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hello everyone,

Brandon Makowski, owner of Senex Arms, here. To address a few of the comments here:

1. Yes, this will make it to market. There is no doubt. I've partnered up with some great minds in the industry to help facilitate that. I've given up a lot to make it this far and there is no reason to quit now. We've been making some solid progress and are looking to send our first live rounds down range this Fall.

2. I started this in 2015. In short, I thought the x95 in 6.5 Grendel would be cool. After I learned it wasnt a feasbile task, I decided to design the MBLR-15. The design obstacles were substantial and many features took several years to develop to this point. There is a reason others haven't done it, and it's not a lack of market.

3. I'm a prior Recon Marine with 2 deployments. Function over form, every time. I can't tell you how many times we'd get a shiny new piece of equipment that was trash (Colt M45 ??). When live fire testing is proving successful, we'll reevaluate some aesthetics but bear in mind, I won't add weight, cost, or complexity to accomplish a "pretty" gun.

4. The base concept is to provide a modern bullpup firearm that gives the end user the maximum number of options. Ejection/charging side, trigger, grip, barrel, gas system, etc. The intention is to provide a baseline for aftermarket companies to expand on. I remember several companies slow to develop x95 handguards so I spent a lot of time and consideration ensuring each part is easy for the aftermarket pick up.

5. I'm truly grateful for all the feedback received, positive or negative. Whether I'm able to respond or not to each piece, I do see it and it is considered.

Thank you for your time and have a Happy Independence Day!
View Quote

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for stopping in. I'm a longtime Bullpup buff. And I like the concept of your upcoming MBLR-15. I'd like to see a left-side/right-side ejecting MBLR-15 chambered for the 6.5 Grendel! Hoping to see your latest efforts at SHOT 2023.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I just checked the Exhibitor list for SHOT Show 2023 and took note that Senex Arms will be at Booth #71132 ---

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just checked the Exhibitor list for SHOT Show 2023 and took note that Senex Arms will be at Booth #71132 ---

https://i.postimg.cc/Y901SQmZ/SHOT-Show-planner-2023.png

View Quote

Excellent!  The world desparately needs a 6.5 Grendel Bullpup option!   (or 6.8 or 6 ARC, or etc)
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The Sennex guy posted that they have a press release coming this month on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bullpups/comments/zercg1/big_news_is_on_the_horizon_from_senex_arms_about/

(He did a similar announcement around the same time as this thread on Reddit).
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Much excitement!
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Dang it's hard to keep saving money... But this is very high on my want list.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Update: https://fb.watch/i87jDjgJ_c/?mibextid=6aamW6

If you can't watch the video, basically they've made some great progress showing off their prototype, an SBR concept, showing takedown, and the rail design. However production is still a ways off.

Quick change AR-15 barrel with proprietary quick change barrel nut. You will be able to buy extra barrel nuts so you can swap barrels.

Looks like everything in the BCG except the carrier is standard AR-15. Uses AR-15 triggers actuated by a linkage of some kind.

Watch the video if you can.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]
So the bolt carrier has twin springs on rails for the recoil. Anyone know if these are proprietary springs and how easily they are changed out to tune for different cartridges?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So the bolt carrier has twin springs on rails for the recoil. Anyone know if these are proprietary springs and how easily they are changed out to tune for different cartridges?
View Quote

That's a great question.

I think you can use any AR-15 gas block so an adjustable might help.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I saw your question while I was at SHOT so I asked Brandon (the owner of Senex Arms) when I stopped by their booth.  He said the springs are proprietary and they have some testing to do with various calibers to see if the current spring rate is good to go or if they need to adjust it or use different springs.

I spent quite a bit talking with him, and I think he has something good here- it is essentially the lovechild of an X95 and an AR-15 with all the best features of both- no more crushed X95 gas tubes , and the barrel swap is easy and well thought out.

The fact he has brought it to SHOT not once but two years running and with visible improvements and refinements is encouraging.

He has some really clever features in the design, and I honestly hope he is able to bring it to market!

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw your question while I was at SHOT so I asked Brandon (the owner of Senex Arms) when I stopped by their booth.  He said the springs are proprietary and they have some testing to do with various calibers to see if the current spring rate is good to go or if they need to adjust it or use different springs.

I spent quite a bit talking with him, and I think he has something good here- it is essentially the lovechild of an X95 and an AR-15 with all the best features of both- no more crushed X95 gas tubes , and the barrel swap is easy and well thought out.

The fact he has brought it to SHOT not once but two years running and with visible improvements and refinements is encouraging.

He has some really clever features in the design, and I honestly hope he is able to bring it to market!

Sven
Manticore Arms

Did you get the sense he had enough industry partners to facilitate supply and manufacture?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't think they are at that point yet, but I gave him some advice and told him to reach out if he needs any help sourcing anything.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
You're good people, Sven.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Sven, it was a pleasure meeting you. I really do appreciate you taking the time to stop by and chat. It was very encouraging listening to your story and learning our starting points in the industry are fairly similar. I'll be reaching out very soon.

Folks, I can't express my appreciation for your interest and support. As I'm sure you have noticed, I'm not fantastic on keeping up with social media and forums. I'll try to do better going forward.

I wanted to answer the question about industry partners:

Since April of last year, I've been working with a manufacturing rep in the industry who has multiple manufacturers in his network. And since May I've been working an engineer who has been in the industry for some time. They both have been a huge help and much of the progress since last year is to their credit. As much as I'd like to name drop or share their backgrounds, 1) I'm not sure if they'd appreciate it and 2) I want this project to stand out on its own merit and not ride anyone's coat tails anymore than I already am by making this comment. There are also a few manufacturers outside of the rep's network that I'm either currently working with or speaking with about picking up certain components.

I'm far from having it all figured out but I'm walking away from this Shot Show a year wiser than the last. Shot was a massive success for me this year on many fronts and I expect the progress will grow exponentially from last year.

If anyone has any questions, please reach out via email. I'm going to spend the next week or two catching up on my emails so please forgive any delays.

Thank you all again!

Edit:

On changing out the recoil springs, it's a captured bolt carrier. The backplate is removable by simply squeezing the 2 levers on the bottom together. Once the backplate is removed, you can access the springs quickly and easily.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m gonna hold my ground here… it’s kinda ugly. But I no longer care. Function trumps form and It seems very well thought out. I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these and put the guts of my 5” 7.63x39 ar into it.

The QD barrels and handguards are really freakin cool. Looks just as easy as the upper swap in an AR, so something I’d actually utilize. Oh man, pair this with an optic like the Sig Romeo 9T and you’d  be set!

Anyone shoulder this thing at Shot? I can't tell if it's just the way it's designed or optics just because it's so squared, but the vertical surface area on the stock looks short. Hoping there's adequate surface area. As a taller, but not unusually tall, guy I tend to only contact the bottom half of the stock and have had trouble with some of the smaller "minimalist" stock in the past. Or maybe I just have a long neck?

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m gonna hold my ground here… it’s kinda ugly. But I no longer care. Function trumps form and It seems very well thought out. I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these and put the guts of my 5” 7.63x39 ar into it.

The QD barrels and handguards are really freakin cool. Looks just as easy as the upper swap in an AR, so something I’d actually utilize. Oh man, pair this with an optic like the Sig Romeo 9T and you’d  be set!

Anyone shoulder this thing at Shot? I can't tell if it's just the way it's designed or optics just because it's so squared, but the vertical surface area on the stock looks short. Hoping there's adequate surface area. As a taller, but not unusually tall, guy I tend to only contact the bottom half of the stock and have had trouble with some of the smaller "minimalist" stock in the past. Or maybe I just have a long neck?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_6914-2693805.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_6916-2693807.jpg
View Quote

why is your hellion stock exended while the AR stock is almost fully in?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

why is your hellion stock exended while the AR stock is almost fully in?
View Quote

I don’t know that it is. I could have not locked in the first position when I put it in the safe. It is really tight to get it completely collapsed on my rifle. Sometimes it doesn’t fully engage in pops loose on me. I just pulled it out for the picture.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#22]
@ Thor

Off topic maybe but you posted pics so I'm gonna ask: do you shoulder all rifles that way/high?

Yesterday at the pawn shop we were passing around the Hellion and my boss(lefty)showed that even though the rifle can be easily configured for left-

handed shooting he said this(high, like yourself)is how I'd be shooting it.

I've seen some guys that shoot with just the bottom of the stock in the shoulder. Is that how the military trains. My high school ROTC didn't touch on

that but now that I've seen a pic of it I'd like to try shooting a rifle like that and see if it DON'T get a neck ache just aiming like that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sven, it was a pleasure meeting you. I really do appreciate you taking the time to stop by and chat. It was very encouraging listening to your story and learning our starting points in the industry are fairly similar. I'll be reaching out very soon.

Folks, I can't express my appreciation for your interest and support. As I'm sure you have noticed, I'm not fantastic on keeping up with social media and forums. I'll try to do better going forward.

I wanted to answer the question about industry partners:

Since April of last year, I've been working with a manufacturing rep in the industry who has multiple manufacturers in his network. And since May I've been working an engineer who has been in the industry for some time. They both have been a huge help and much of the progress since last year is to their credit. As much as I'd like to name drop or share their backgrounds, 1) I'm not sure if they'd appreciate it and 2) I want this project to stand out on its own merit and not ride anyone's coat tails anymore than I already am by making this comment. There are also a few manufacturers outside of the rep's network that I'm either currently working with or speaking with about picking up certain components.

I'm far from having it all figured out but I'm walking away from this Shot Show a year wiser than the last. Shot was a massive success for me this year on many fronts and I expect the progress will grow exponentially from last year.

If anyone has any questions, please reach out via email. I'm going to spend the next week or two catching up on my emails so please forgive any delays.

Thank you all again!

Edit:

On changing out the recoil springs, it's a captured bolt carrier. The backplate is removable by simply squeezing the 2 levers on the bottom together. Once the backplate is removed, you can access the springs quickly and easily.
View Quote

You might consider starting a mailing list for updates.
Spoke too soon, found it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@ Thor

Off topic maybe but you posted pics so I'm gonna ask: do you shoulder all rifles that way/high?

Yesterday at the pawn shop we were passing around the Hellion and my boss(lefty)showed that even though the rifle can be easily configured for left-

handed shooting he said this(high, like yourself)is how I'd be shooting it.

I've seen some guys that shoot with just the bottom of the stock in the shoulder. Is that how the military trains. My high school ROTC didn't touch on

that but now that I've seen a pic of it I'd like to try shooting a rifle like that and see if it DON'T get a neck ache just aiming like that.
View Quote

There are so many reason, but comfort is just the happy bonus!

I shoot the same way regardless of “load out” and high on the shoulder works for everything. Plate carrier interferes with the butt, so I have to shoulder high. Aiming through optics with helmet mounted night vision means you have to bring the sight to your face cause leaning down to see your sight points the night vision down, so again I have to shoulder high.

Bringing the rifle to your face greatly improves first shot accuracy and eliminates accuracy issues introduced by head cant. One of the main reasons to do this is to get a repeatable cheek weld. If your cheek is in the same spot everytime, your accuracy greatly improves. If you have to bend down to get in line with the sights, you are unlikely to get a good consistent cheek weld.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Great explanation!

Next, was this a learned response(from watching others)or were you taught this way?

Many thanks, Thor.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Great explanation!

Next, was this a learned response(from watching others)or were you taught this way?

Many thanks, Thor.
View Quote

It was a natural evolution for me. I never even noticed when I started shooting like that. I always shouldered low when shooting targets, neck shoulders and back all under much tension. When I started reactive shooting, move and shoot drills, shoot houses, and strong side weak side transitions I noticed it wearing on me. I was always fighting to get the stock low and my head down whenever I or the rifle had to move. Didn’t think anything of it and just kept pushing to get faster, and I did. It wasn’t until I saw a video of myself that I even noticed I had subconsciously switched to a high shouldering. I thought my muscles had just adapted to the strain, but turns out my body mechanics just took over and I unknowingly retrained myself. Once I noticed that, I started to pay attention to the other guys I trained with and saw the majority of them shouldered the same.

I that said, I do not high shoulder large caliber bolt guns or heavy loads in shotguns. Good way to get a hell of a bruising!
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It was a natural evolution for me. I never even noticed when I started shooting like that. I always shouldered low when shooting targets, neck shoulders and back all under much tension. When I started reactive shooting, move and shoot drills, shoot houses, and strong side weak side transitions I noticed it wearing on me. I was always fighting to get the stock low and my head down whenever I or the rifle had to move. Didn’t think anything of it and just kept pushing to get faster, and I did. It wasn’t until I saw a video of myself that I even noticed I had subconsciously switched to a high shouldering. I thought my muscles had just adapted to the strain, but turns out my body mechanics just took over and I unknowingly retrained myself. Once I noticed that, I started to pay attention to the other guys I trained with and saw the majority of them shouldered the same.

I that said, I do not high shoulder large caliber bolt guns or heavy loads in shotguns. Good way to get a hell of a bruising!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great explanation!

Many thanks, Thor.

Seems like a tall mount, NVG height, and a cheek riser would be a superior option, giving you the ability to keep the recoil directly into your shoulder instead of over it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought I read about the Hellion being the softest shooting 'pup around.

I can't wait for army Monday to come up so I can try out some "high shouldered" shooting.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Seems like a tall mount, NVG height, and a cheek riser would be a superior option, giving you the ability to keep the recoil directly into your shoulder instead of over it.
View Quote

It certainly would! However I’m not about to develop muscle memory only for carbines. I like being able to shoot everything I grab pretty much the same way.

My shotgun are set up with cheek riser and a spacer my my red dot. I need full contact on that thing!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It certainly would! However I’m not about to develop muscle memory only for carbines. I like being able to shoot everything I grab pretty much the same way.

My shotgun are set up with cheek riser and a spacer my my red dot. I need full contact on that thing!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, that seems fair.

I've sort of taken the same approach, but in the other direction. I'm setting up all my rifles and carbines for giraffe warfare. So I have common muscle memory across platforms.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like I'll be adding another bullpup to the aresenal sorry I meant collection. I currently own a KelTec RDB17 so this one would fit in nicely.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Looks like I'll be adding another bullpup to the aresenal sorry I meant collection. I currently own a KelTec RDB17 so this one would fit in nicely.
View Quote

Mmmmmmmaybe!   If it actually ever gets commercially available.  Which so far, it's about as readily purchasable as that Kel-Tec 6.5 Grendel bullpup unit promised about 5 years ago.

For reference, it took Desert Tech years later than implied, to finally actually have their promised 6.5 Creedmoor MDR bullpup model available for sale.  Many years.  And they were already an established manufacturer with staffing, logistics supplies, facilities, practices, and an established billing and HR system.

I hope this project succeeds, but the difference between a great design, and a commercially available production model, is a common challenge that the majority of new-product-developers face-plant on.   I am eagerly hopeful that Senex exceeds that challenge.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#33]
It looks really cool to me. And practical. But what I really want in a new bullpup is a suppressor option that doesn’t ruin the best part by adding unnecessary length.

This looks like you could have an integral can that adds volume behind the muzzle under the handguard. Forgive me for not knowing the proper nomenclature if it exists. I imagine something with a threaded sleeve so one could clean it and access an adjustable gas block underneath it.

That buttplate is short and being inline with the bore would certainly compound it being awkward with conventional hunting sights in my estimation. But many are finally onboard with higher dot/NV mounts like the Scalarworks or whatever that would be perfect.

A thermal and suppressed .300 BO bullpup around 30” would make me so happy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It looks really cool to me. And practical. But what I really want in a new bullpup is a suppressor option that doesn’t ruin the best part by adding unnecessary length.

This looks like you could have an integral can that adds volume behind the muzzle under the handguard. Forgive me for not knowing the proper nomenclature if it exists. I imagine something with a threaded sleeve so one could clean it and access an adjustable gas block underneath it.

That buttplate is short and being inline with the bore would certainly compound it being awkward with conventional hunting sights in my estimation. But many are finally onboard with higher dot/NV mounts like the Scalarworks or whatever that would be perfect.

View Quote

The MDRx Micron is 23" long.  You have plenty of room for a suppressor for an under 30" build
The MDRx 300 BLK 16" barrel is 27.5" long (not sure if it includes muzzle device if it does remove an inch or two).  So with a Thunder Beast Ultra the best you could do is 32.5.

For comparison an M4 SOPMOD with the KAC NT-4 Suppressor is between 37-40" long when the buttstock is deployed depending on setting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The MDRx Micron is 23" long.  You have plenty of room for a suppressor for an under 30" build
The MDRx 300 BLK 16" barrel is 27.5" long (not sure if it includes muzzle device if it does remove an inch or two).  So with a Thunder Beast Ultra the best you could do is 32.5.

For comparison an M4 SOPMOD with the KAC NT-4 Suppressor is between 37-40" long when the buttstock is deployed depending on setting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MDRx isn't really a great example since it's a 308 sized receiver. Granted the X95 300blk is now discontinued, and the 300blk AUG has yet to be seen in America.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Still kicking myself for passing on an MDR at the local store. It was the sexy tan color and even had a cool serial number. But there were reports of problems and I’m still in debt.

I picked 30” at random but could certainly go shorter.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#37]
New video update.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Cliff notes?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Still kicking myself for passing on an MDR at the local store. It was the sexy tan color and even had a cool serial number. But there were reports of problems and I’m still in debt.

I picked 30” at random but could certainly go shorter.
View Quote

I wouldn’t the mdr was a shit show. The mdrx made a lot of changes and the 2023 mdrx is the one you want.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Cliff notes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cliff notes?

Raising money w/ t-shirts & patches.  Expensive geegaws will be applied to the actual purchase of the rifle somehow.  Trigger is typical bullpup.  Bolt carrier is being hacked on at a machine shop to stop rubbing on the magazine, machine shop not in house.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Cliff notes?
View Quote

1. Website development took longer, up soon, I thought he said it was up, but I can’t find it.

2. New clothing and patches, but if you want to help you can select high tier (adding 100 or 300 to you order) and that money goes towards your rifle and you get pre access to purchase it. Basically a pre order without preorder. You get your jacket and it cost you 300 but that money will go to the rifle should it make it to production.

3. Live fire video demonstrated a clearance issue between bcg and magazine. It’s being fixed now. After it’s ready a new live fire video is going up.

4. Trigger pull was heavy at shot show, being fixed to 6-8lbs. Was also spongy, they believe they found the issue and it will be fixed in the next prototype. Next prototype is coming and will be closer to final production materials.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks similar to the (original) M17S/AR180 BCG.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

1. Website development took longer, up soon, I thought he said it was up, but I can’t find it.

2. New clothing and patches, but if you want to help you can select high tier (adding 100 or 300 to you order) and that money goes towards your rifle and you get pre access to purchase it. Basically a pre order without preorder. You get your jacket and it cost you 300 but that money will go to the rifle should it make it to production.

3. Live fire video demonstrated a clearance issue between bcg and magazine. It’s being fixed now. After it’s ready a new live fire video is going up.

4. Trigger pull was heavy at shot show, being fixed to 6-8lbs. Was also spongy, they believe they found the issue and it will be fixed in the next prototype. Next prototype is coming and will be closer to final production materials.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cliff notes?

https://senexarms.com/ here you go.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know if the trigger transfer bar uses a "pull" or "push" interaction with the fire control group? A lot of pistols use a transfer bar that pushes, but with something like a bullpup the distance from the FCG is significantly longer and seems like it would always have a mushy trigger if trying to use "push" action.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cliff notes?

Is the plan still a modified AR trigger that’s not compatible with AR’s?
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Do you know if the trigger transfer bar uses a "pull" or "push" interaction with the fire control group? A lot of pistols use a transfer bar that pushes, but with something like a bullpup the distance from the FCG is significantly longer and seems like it would always have a mushy trigger if trying to use "push" action.
View Quote

I wouldn't say that's exactly true.The Mdrx uses a push action for their trigger and it's not mushy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say that's exactly true.The Mdrx uses a push action for their trigger and it's not mushy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure it pushes?  I thought it was linked such that it pulls the trigger-pack's linkage forward.
JARD Desert Tech MDR Sear Assembly Installation
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#48]
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/desert-tech-mdr-gun-review/

Well they say it's a pull and I remember the Dt owner  making a big deal about that being a difference from other bullpups..I swear he said push..oh well

- Checked the trigger bar Moves the same direction for both rifles..
When the trigger is pulled,the transfer bar goes forwards and Pulls the sear off of the rear of the hammer on the MDR
Tavor also is a pull mechanician but it is pulled forward off the front lip of the hammer.

So Maybe the Aug is a Push? I dont thing the M17s is a Push mechanism and it has a Timney trigger in it.
The Muzzlelite Bullpup stock is a push mechanism as is pushes against the actual mini 14s trigger to actuate the firearm.

Keltec gets around this entirely by ditching the trigger pack entirely and keeping the trigger and sear upfront.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top