Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Put order in. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for continuing to innovate!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Reminds me, I need to get a curved buttplate for my X95.

In a bit of a hijack, how do you like my CZ Manticore Scorpion.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Are we supposed to remove the handguard ring for the OE handguard from the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:35:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58387/2F885905-1DE6-49A3-A579-E4A0966C20BF_jpe-1933911.JPG

Are we supposed to remove the handguard ring for the OE handguard from the barrel?
View Quote

Yes, per the instructions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, per the instructions.
View Quote

I’ll have to poke around, I don’t remember mine coming with anything.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:57:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58387/2F885905-1DE6-49A3-A579-E4A0966C20BF_jpe-1933911.JPG

View Quote

Install video is here:

https://manticorearms.com/product/x95-optimus-polymer-forend/
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Install video is here:

https://manticorearms.com/product/x95-optimus-polymer-forend/
View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As soon as you make one in FDE I will buy one.
View Quote

+1

Except I would probably order 3.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Sven, I’ll pester you here too - I’m hoping you will run these in OD because I suck at coating.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sven, I’ll pester you here too - I’m hoping you will run these in OD because I suck at coating.
View Quote

Def need OD .  I'll take one in OD as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn, that's nice looking, I'd def put one on mine
View Quote
Just ordered !! And received it yesterday 5/17 lol nice !
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Any chance you’ll make one the same length as the standard HG?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Got mine and installed.
Fits nice and snug, the installation instruction help.

Here it is on my 9mm SBR 13” barrel with 3-lug, can and standard top rail.
Suppressor nest nicely inside forearm.
Forearm has nice solid feel.
M-lok slots are great addition.
Attachment Attached File

I will share my modifications I made later, but for now, thank you Sven for coming out with these, definite improvement over factory  handguard with the M-lok and abilty for a suppressor to fit inside.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I would buy one if you made it for the 13.5” barrel like the Israelis use.

Here is mine after modifications.

Short SBR top rail.  I sawed the rail to be just past the standard top rail length.   Added a small rail section just behind the T yoke to mount my TLR7 (retained T yoke incase I decide to use the standard top rail). I added some of the Bravo FDE M-lok rail covers just for flair
With my 13.5” barrel my 3-lug fits completely inside the rail.  I can use it with my suppressor or as-pictured or I can use it with a 3-lug blast shield that gets it just past the end of the forearm.  I am very happy with this set up now, it really has made my SBR closer to what it should be.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@FullAssault

By "standard HG" do you mean the same length as the  handguard that comes on the 16" and 18.5" civilian X95's we have here in the USA?  No, we have no plans to offer it that length- the point was to cover all of the 16" barrel.

If you are referring the "standard handguard" as in the round forend the Israeli military uses on their 13.5" guns, then it is a "maybe" - we aren't sure there is enough market demand to cover the cost of a mold, but we are keeping an eye on requests for it and if there is enough we might consider making them.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
that’s a shame, I like the round open mlok design but I don’t like the awkward extension past the top rail.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered a black one tonight. Was going to hold out for FDE, but want to try one ASAP.

This will be good for many reasons, my favorite vert grip is maguls MLOK version and, my swap around bipod is a magpul pic rail type with a QD MLOK attachment....so much win!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Got mine today....happy it came in a timely manner.

I am surprised how robust it is. Pleasantly surprised that it. Very nice. Install was easy thanks to the video.

Decided to put this one on my 9mm. If I like it after getting some time with it...I may need 2 more to change out my 5.56 and .300.

I don't mind the 2 tone look with the black. Kinda like it.

Feels solid and looks great.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#20]
NICE!
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#21]
If only you’d do a run for those of us looking for a forend for our SAR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#22]
There is just the right amount of space for me. I have my vert grip, two open MLOK slots (Can stick my bipod in now and then if needed) and my handstop at the end.  Also enough space between the 2 items to conventionally grip the forearm.

I will be buying 2 more as funds allow.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#23]
@Manticore_Arms

Sven,

Is this gap normal? I didn't notice it before with my factory forearm and I don't see it on my other X95s?

Maybe I am imaging things???
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#24]
No it is not. Did you remove the top rail? It appears the top rail is not fully seated correctly into the top of the chassis and is probably binding somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I did remove it and did the install exactly as per the video...seemed fine at the time, but must not have noticed it.

I will look at it again this eve.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#26]
No matter what I do, that gap is there. It seems like there is a high spot somewhere that is not allowing it to seat fully.

Added: basically exactly what dubagel said:)
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hear you in regards to the request for FDE and OD Green, thanks for the feedback guys.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Another vote for FDE, please.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@HK_DUDE

Yes, that "gap" happens on some guns, it varies a bit.  I could go down a long road of why, how, parallel and non-parallel lines on the X95, but in short there is nothing wrong and it does not affect anything.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Manticore_Arms

Sven,

Is this gap normal? I didn't notice it before with my factory forearm and I don't see it on my other X95s?

Maybe I am imaging things???
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20210520_151628_jpg-1949412.JPG

@HK_DUDE

Yes, that "gap" happens on some guns, it varies a bit.  I could go down a long road of why, how, parallel and non-parallel lines on the X95, but in short there is nothing wrong and it does not affect anything.

Sven
Manticore Arms

It does make the top rail a smidgen "rainbow" shaped, but you don't see that unless you look down the top. Probably be a bigger problem if I ran a scope.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I found on mine doing a close visual inspection there was a small plastic burr on the inside that prevented my rail from bottoming. Once I removed it and reinstalled the top rail, I lightly tapped it with a small plastic mallet. Then torqued the rail down, untorqued it then retorqued it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I found on mine doing a close visual inspection there was a small plastic burr on the inside that prevented my rail from bottoming. Once I removed it and reinstalled the top rail, I lightly tapped it with a small plastic mallet. Then torqued the rail down, untorqued it then retorqued it.
View Quote

Pic of burr location?
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@FullAssault

By "standard HG" do you mean the same length as the  handguard that comes on the 16" and 18.5" civilian X95's we have here in the USA?  No, we have no plans to offer it that length- the point was to cover all of the 16" barrel.

If you are referring the "standard handguard" as in the round forend the Israeli military uses on their 13.5" guns, then it is a "maybe" - we aren't sure there is enough market demand to cover the cost of a mold, but we are keeping an eye on requests for it and if there is enough we might consider making them.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Alot of people have been clamoring for IWI to release the round HG but they can't/won't.   It would enable people to nest cans in super short setups AND allows disassembly without unscrewing your suppressor muzzle device (the stock handguards on x95's are only made to fit over A2 diameter muzzle devices. Most suppressor QD devices are larger in diameter and thus one cannot remove the HG (and disassemble the gun) without unscrewing it
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#33]
It was on the top left forward area of the receiver. And what I would call a piece of the plastic receiver. Like extra piece of plastic flash that wasn’t removed during the receiver clean up after being removed from the mold process. Like when you built plastic airplane models as a kid and all the individual parts were on a plastic sprue. You sometimes had mold lines on the parts you would file off or use an exacto blade to remove.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Regular IDF sbr length works for me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#36]
As a X95 product, it looks good.
As a SAR owner...  unimpressed... unless there is SAR model "coming soon"  :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Just ordered my 3rd one.

Thanks for the great option.

I don't own a SAR 7 .308 yet...probably buy one if you make a similar, longer, polymer handguard for it.

Just saying:)
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Sven, hoping sales have been brisk enough to justify another run including OD…
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Uh, yeah, I understand that...that is exactly why we made the round forend, the one in the very first post I made in this thread I started.  

What I was trying to ask Full_Assault is when he wants one shorter than ours, exactly what length shorter is he looking for...

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@FullAssault

Sven
Manticore Arms

Alot of people have been clamoring for IWI to release the round HG but they can't/won't.   It would enable people to nest cans in super short setups AND allows disassembly without unscrewing your suppressor muzzle device (the stock handguards on x95's are only made to fit over A2 diameter muzzle devices. Most suppressor QD devices are larger in diameter and thus one cannot remove the HG (and disassemble the gun) without unscrewing it

Uh, yeah, I understand that...that is exactly why we made the round forend, the one in the very first post I made in this thread I started.  

What I was trying to ask Full_Assault is when he wants one shorter than ours, exactly what length shorter is he looking for...

Sven
Manticore Arms
I want one the same size as the oem hand guard on the current 16” bbl x95

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Great news, Sven!  Ordering OD now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I just received my OD green and it’s awesome. Gives me more options on what lights I can use. It works great with a X300 at the 12 o’clock. The Optimus also works great with the cloud defense owl.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#46]
How much weight does it save? Hanging a can on the end with a free-float barrel would shift the POI down quite a bit I would imagine?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#47]

I really need another MAcharging handle and a MA butt pad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#49]
It seems like a very very nice product, but my concern is that with the barrel free-floated, and the pencil barrel on the x95, the POI shift due to suppressor weight would be significant compared to the standard handguard. The standard handguard is not free-floated, and I believe that it supports the barrel, which helps with the POI shift. This is all theoretical. If anyone has tried it and could share their observations, it would help me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top