Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2017 10:19:17 AM EDT
I have been through a multitude of muzzle devices and have had negatives to all of them. Flash hider is a flash hider and doesn't provide a shooting benefit so I stuck with comps. First I settled on a Battlecomp 2.0 until the Lantac Dragon came around, and that has now been transferred from my MSAR when I replaced it with my RDB. It shoots super flat especially given that the RDB barely jumps anyway, but after bumping my ear-pro off my right ear in a shoot house, I started looking again for something that wouldn't leave my ears ringing for days.

I'm now looking at Blast Diffusers and the like. Again. I had one years ago on a AR pistol. but always resisted the urge to slap one on a non-sbr because that would just be "tacticool." I was able to borrow a KX3 for a bit, and while it did nothing for the recoil or flash, I really really liked how it directed the concussion away from me. It also didn't feel like I had a pick rammed into my ear when I fired a few without ear-pro (still far from pleasant, of course) so I'm pretty set this is the route I'm going to go. But it's big, and it seems all similar devices are. they also look odd hanging off the end of an exposed barrel.

So here's what I'm considering. Chop the barrel back as far as I can to get and OAL of 26.1" with a permanently attached KX3 or like and open up the inner portion of the handguard to accept the brake. Now I'm not set on a KX3, there's plenty of other linear comps out there, it's just that's what I've used and would be okay with it.

Lantac make a blast diffuser I could use on my current brake, but it leaves the two top ports open so I have no idea how much that helps direct the sound forward.
https://www.lantac-usa.com/bmd

Something I'm also looking at is a Surefire Socom brake and using their QD blast diffuser. Both items would cost $300 and I would absolutely need to use the diffuser as a good portion of the brake would be inside the handguard but it would give me the option of mounting a suppressor down the road with no further alterations, though limited with Surefires. I'd be very interested in any similar combos:
http://www.surefire.com/warden.html

Pic of the girlfriend:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What you want is a can. Sorry if the truth hurts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I know I want a can. I think everyone does! I'm just wanting to reduce the concussion and keep the OAL as short as possible. There's a big difference between the stock FH and the KX3 when you're behind the gun. My rdb is my truck gun, so I wouldn't want to keep a can on it anyway.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh.  What happens if someone steals your truck gun and there's a can on it?  You report it & when they find it there's 2 federal felonies on the thief, instead of one.

I would put a suppressor company brake/mount on, fixed @ your 26.5"/16" max length, and then put a brake shield over that.  Then when you get a can, twist off shield, install can.  If you're paranoid about leaving a Title 2 "firearm" in the truck overnight, twist off your can when you get out of the truck & take the can inside.  Leave the shield in the glovebox in case you forget the suppressor tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad KT doesn't sell a pistol version

I think the RDB with like a 12.5" barrel and a silencer would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Sort of on topic..

Some time back I bought one of the $15 flash cans from ebay, and hey..  It's steel, the cone has a retaining clip, and screws out.  It's knurled pretty well.  There's a gap between the small (inside) end of the cone and the main volume of the can, so gas is bled into the back side of the cone.  Really, I have to say I like it and would buy another if needed.  I doubt you'd want to pin this on a nice barrel, but just making aware if anyone wasn't.

I haven't tried it without muffs, but even with, it sounds like it takes the sharp edge off of the noise.

You can search "Flash can" on ebay and add "Krinkov" if you want this one.

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that an arm pistol?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that an arm pistol?
View Quote
It is.  Looking at the pics, I just noticed the sheet metal top cover has slid forward a bit.  I was just firing it earlier today, so I assume recoil kicked it out of place little by little.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a baffled muzzle break that has a blast shield that threads over it.  Coincidentally, the external threads are 3/4x16, which makes clean up with my Napa filter on the end so much safer and convenient when I screw it on.

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a baffled muzzle break that has a blast shield that threads over it.  Coincidentally, the external threads are 3/4x16, which makes clean up with my Napa filter on the end so much safer and convenient when I screw it on.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zPYAAOSwHL1Z5GDU/s-l1600.jpg
View Quote
I'll take,"How to make an ND a Federal Felony for $10,000," Alex.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zPYAAOSwHL1Z5GDU/s-l1600.jpg
View Quote
Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top