Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2017 6:25:05 AM EDT
Hey folks,,
I'm looking for the status on our beloved Tavor.
308 Cal.
I've been away down in TX helping out my God Parents after the Hurricane.
I'm going through my e-mails and I have just over twenty orders for a Tavor in 7.62.
Did IWI come out with an announcement, shipping date?
I'll give IWI a call later on this morning, any info you could give me beforehand would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
two articles from TFB

Official details

Minor update in details

I haven't seen anything on pricing but they seem to be sticking to the Jan '18 release date.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Had one out being shown off at the AUSA convention in DC.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/10/7-62-tavor-7-iwi-usa-display-ausa-2017/
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone seen a MSRP projection?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Prob a few hunnit more than x95.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
This has not been released as far as I know. I'd expect it to street for the upper teens 1.8kish ballpark.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#6]
IWI TAVOR 7 Assault Rifle 7.62X51mm
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it just me or does that barrel seem to be whipping a fucking lot when firing?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is it just me or does that barrel seem to be whipping a fucking lot when firing?
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. The x95 flops around a good bit and gets 2moa +. Cant imagine it being any better
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The judge from PA gives them an 8.0 for synchronized sand diving.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Free float barrels tend to do that
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The judge from PA gives them an 8.0 for synchronized sand diving.
View Quote
They evidently hired professional soldiers for the video.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing. The x95 flops around a good bit and gets 2moa +. Cant imagine it being any better
View Quote

The Tavor 7 will have a free-floating barrel.  

And I often get 1.5 MOA with my (non-free floating) Tavor, so this could potentially be pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They evidently hired professional soldiers for the video.
View Quote
Hmm...ones that waited until they were in the field before configuring their rifles and loading their mags...
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Has it been confirmed free-float?  

And is that an adjustable gas system I spy?  I hope that helps cut down on the gas in face with suppressors.  Supposedly the X95 in .300blk they got right, maybe this will be the same.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hmm...ones that waited until they were in the field before configuring their rifles and loading their mags...
View Quote
Why the hate?

They're apparently more professional than DT's robot soldier ad.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why the hate?

View Quote
No hate, just mild amusement and disgust.  At least DT sent their actors into the field ready for "combat" and didn't have them practice synchronized maneuvers that make them look like a bunch of wannabe airsoft rangers.  IWI bills itself as a military arms company, the same company that provides weapons to the Israeli military...you'd think they'd at least try and keep the ad from looking like it was scripted by someone who has played COD and never saw reality.

Just my opinion.  

And yes, I thought the DT ads were just as moronic as this one.   And don't get me started with them posting pictures of some kid shooting the MDR and making a big deal of it when the rest of us are still waiting.  Optics, always optics.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No hate, just mild amusement and disgust.  At least DT sent their actors into the field ready for "combat" and didn't have them practice synchronized maneuvers that make them look like a bunch of wannabe airsoft rangers.  IWI bills itself as a military arms company, the same company that provides weapons to the Israeli military...you'd think they'd at least try and keep the ad from looking like it was scripted by someone who has played COD and never saw reality.

Just my opinion.  

And yes, I thought the DT ads were just as moronic as this one.   And don't get me started with them posting pictures of some kid shooting the MDR and making a big deal of it when the rest of us are still waiting.  Optics, always optics.
View Quote

True, the ad is scripted and cheesy (plus dramatic music and cheesy editing), but the people they hired for it are soldiers - the fact they can dive into prone position is what gives it away. Towards the end of the Negev advert they even dive into a puddle, which I know will make your day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpk-OHMVtlk
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Steyr Mannlicher videos are best though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWkN_3lU64
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That much? Most of my rifles are free floated, I guess I've just never watched from the side in slow mo. I know it's a thing, but that shot towards the end made the barrel look like a damn vibrating diving board.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#20]
So much hate on the sill guy in the video I only see a 308 Tavor and want!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope msrp is $2000
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Steyr Mannlicher videos are best though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWkN_3lU64
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great video
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#23]
It'll be selling on Atlantic (after the first several months or so) for $1799 or $1749 - I guarantee it. All the Tavor variants seem to be that price on Atlantic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Verdy interlesting...

Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hope msrp is $2000
View Quote
Agreed. If they can street price it in the upper teens they'll sell a fuckton of these.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:47:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just my opinion.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the hate?

Just my opinion.  

They don't "BILL" themselves as suppliers to the Israeli military, they are the supplier of the Israeli combat rifle. Israel, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Brazil, Senegal, Chad, Chile, Columbia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Cyprus, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Ivory Coast, Macedonia, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Rwanda, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam all issue Tavors to front line or SF troops. Several LEO agencies in the US also adopted them.

Meanwhile, DT doesn't hold up to internet commandos and range rangers, and either can't make feed system parts and covers, or can't pay the vendors that do make them for them.

So far as accuracy, the specs for the Israeli combat rifle proposal was for 4moa or less, and reliability was a much more important standard. The guns met all requirements as designed. A Tavor with a good trigger and match ammo, especially hand loaded ammo , will shoot 1moa. They are picky about what they shoot well, but when you find what they like, they shoot well.

The .308 cal Tavor, being that it will be used in the DM role, and will be geared towards civilian consumption, will have a heavier emphasis on accuracy, so you will see that. IWI builds an extremely accurate sniper rifle for the Israeli mil, and can build accurate rifles.

IWI will actually deliver rifles to customers, DT hasn't been able to, and after several years of pushing back release dates, they have yet to release more than a handful, and Friday, issued another " two more weeks suckers" statement with more excuses.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They don't "BILL" themselves as suppliers to the Israeli military, they are the supplier of the Israeli combat rifle. Israel, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Brazil, Senegal, Chad, Chile, Columbia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Cyprus, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Ivory Coast, Macedonia, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Rwanda, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam all issue Tavors to front line or SF troops. Several LEO agencies in the US also adopted them.

Meanwhile, DT doesn't hold up to internet commandos and range rangers, and either can't make feed system parts and covers, or can't pay the vendors that do make them for them.

So far as accuracy, the specs for the Israeli combat rifle proposal was for 4moa or less, and reliability was a much more important standard. The guns met all requirements as designed. A Tavor with a good trigger and match ammo, especially hand loaded ammo , will shoot 1moa. They are picky about what they shoot well, but when you find what they like, they shoot well.

The .308 cal Tavor, being that it will be used in the DM role, and will be geared towards civilian consumption, will have a heavier emphasis on accuracy, so you will see that. IWI builds an extremely accurate sniper rifle for the Israeli mil, and can build accurate rifles.

IWI will actually deliver rifles to customers, DT hasn't been able to, and after several years of pushing back release dates, they have yet to release more than a handful, and Friday, issued another " two more weeks suckers" statement with more excuses.
View Quote
It's not a fair comparison. IWI mass produce weapons for armies around the world. They have large production capacities and hundreds of employees.

Desert Tech is a small, little-known, family workshop company, that's never made a semi-automatic before, and seems to rely on using customers' pre-order money to fund its products.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know if the free-float changes will make it over to newer production X95s? 
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
And people call *me* a fanboy for DT...
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are, but what I posted are facts. You attack the facts with feelings like you're personally vested in the DT company and project. You've made no factual statements that counter the shit show that DT is, but you attack IWI in order to try and make DT look good. DT at this point is vaporware other than early prototypes that they shipped and called production guns. Clearly they are not production guns, as they are still fixing major issues. They are product testing using customer's hard earned money. After all of these delays to supposedly test and test to put out a perfect product, they have failed to do so.

I cannot prove it, but my educated guess is that they've used the preorder money to finance the development of the guns. That's the only explanation for the failure of delivering a reliable gun on schedule.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did he say that was wrong?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the free-float changes will make it over to newer production X95s? 
View Quote
I’m going to guess no as that would be a redesign of multiple parts.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you said that in response to the typical British tabloid hyperbole they always engage in when discussing military matters that would be one thing. What he posted was factual. IWI makes actual military weapons and has sold them to actual militaries worldwide for decades even before the current name of the company after branching off from IMI.

PS: the commercial was silly COD type marketing but that’s probably a lot of the tactical rifle market just look at all the dumbass “tactical” shit that sells now a days. May not be my cup of tea and I think synchronized dirt belly flops are silly but if it increases their sales it’s not stupid.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What did he say that was wrong?
View Quote
Once he finally got around to discussing the Tavor 7, it became hopeful speculation as we have seen nothing but promo materials for the rifle.  To claim that it will do something when the previous versions of the Tavor have shown they can't achieve that level of accuracy is...hopeful.  At least the accuracy claims DT made of ~1MOA have been shown to be accurate.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Once he finally got around to discussing the Tavor 7, it became hopeful speculation as we have seen nothing but promo materials for the rifle.  To claim that it will do something when the previous versions of the Tavor have shown they can't achieve that level of accuracy is...hopeful.  At least the accuracy claims DT made of ~1MOA have been shown to be accurate.
View Quote
At the moment the groups from the MDR look similar to what I usually get with my SAR - 1.5 to 2 MOA.  And the Aug is at least as good:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/10/jeremy-s/desert-tech-mdr-gun-review/
Although that's not a production gun, and they might improve when it comes out and they finish beta-testing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

At the moment the groups from the MDR look similar to what I usually get with my SAR - 1.5 to 2 MOA.  And the Aug is at least as good:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/10/jeremy-s/desert-tech-mdr-gun-review/
Although that's not a production gun, and they might improve when it comes out and they finish beta-testing.
View Quote
And others have posted groups about 1MOA.  Either way, it makes the X95, which is the most recent IWI offering, look horrible.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And others have posted groups about 1MOA.  Either way, it makes the X95, which is the most recent IWI offering, look horrible.
View Quote

Not really. There have been some fake claims by Desert Tech's marketing team on social media. But that is the only actual review that has been posted so far (albeit on a non-production version of the rifle) and it gets very similar groups to what I get with my SAR. So as it is, the MDR is not more accurate than the rest of the bullpups on the market.

I've yet to see anyone give a valid reason why you would pay more for the MDR (beyond the fact it's in 7.62), when its specifications do not appear to be any better than all the other bullpups in the market. And all the other bullpups on the market, don't have the lack of quality control and other function problems the MDR has.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not really. There have been some fake claims by Desert Tech's marketing team on social media. But that is the only actual review that has been posted so far (albeit on a non-production version of the rifle) and it gets very similar groups to what I get with my SAR. So as it is, the MDR is not more accurate than the rest of the bullpups on the market.

I've yet to see anyone give a valid reason why you would pay more for the MDR (beyond the fact it's in 7.62), when its specifications do not appear to be any better than all the other bullpups in the market. And all the other bullpups on the market, don't have the lack of quality control and other function problems the MDR has.
View Quote
You need to crawl off your pedestal of hate for DT and open your eyes.  There are several people who have posted their groups from rifles that they've purchased, you just have to look outside this little echo chamber.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I think his skepticism is warranted and im quite fond of my tavors. It's kind of silly to call out how accurate a new design will be when all we have are ads. Since it's free floated I think that will give it a better chance of performing better as that's a limiting factor on military style rifles (especially thin barrel profiled ones like the tavors) since until very recently most militaries gave 0 shits about free floating the barrel as they could get acceptable combat accuracy without it. But there is more to accuracy than that and while it looks similar to the earlier tavors if im not mistaken nearly everything about its internals is different I seem to remember people saying adjustable short stroke piston which is different than the long stroke non adjustable system of the prior systems. Im sure it will be functional the question is will it be the precision rifle that some people are yearning for, or more of a military 7.62 battle rifle. Unless im mistaken it's too early to tell. Now if IWI started saying this was designed to replace the old galatz or that it was competing for DMR contracts with nation x y or z then I think we could make more assumptions about its intended accuracy level. While I think its neat unless its a precision rifle and they plan to offer it in calibers other than 7.62 I wont be adding one to the stable to sit next to my other 2 hebrew battle princesses . As 5.56 is more economical to plink with, lighter, and I already have a ptr91 or a mas 36 to shoot when I feel the rare urge to play with a military .30 cal.

Now if he put that same level of skepticism towards a certain other company...
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It'll be selling on Atlantic (after the first several months or so) for $1799 or $1749 - I guarantee it. All the Tavor variants seem to be that price on Atlantic.
View Quote
I hope you are right, ill add one to my safe at that price.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I just looked up dealer pricing on the 7.62 and its $100 more than the 5.56 x95.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#43]
If the 7.62 Tavor 7 hits the streets at roughly $100 more than X95 they’ll sell a boat load of those bullpups!
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If the 7.62 Tavor 7 hits the streets at roughly $100 more than X95 they’ll sell a boat load of those bullpups!
View Quote
Yeah, I'll be in for one, especially if they propose a 6.5 Creedmore swap kit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Also, while looking up pricing, I noticed they had one in 12ga listed.  It has since been taken down off the distributors site.

I think the model name was TS12.  Wish I could find it again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Also, while looking up pricing, I noticed they had one in 12ga listed.  It has since been taken down off the distributors site.

I think the model name was TS12.  Wish I could find it again.
View Quote
RSR entry

Pretty detailed in there. 18.5” barrel, 15 rounds, accepts Beretta chokes?  That ain’t just a glitch in the Matrix. Unannounced product for 2018?

Must have posted a bunch of stuff to their database.

RSR Tavor 7

X95 SBR
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow a 12ga bullpup with 15rd mags - unless they are double stack those mags will be looong. Either way gigantic magazines.
As a Saiga 12 & Vepr 12 fanboy I am looking forward to seeing what this is.
Need to see a picture.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wow a 12ga bullpup with 15rd mags - unless they are double stack those mags will be looong. Either way gigantic magazines.
As a Saiga 12 & Vepr 12 fanboy I am looking forward to seeing what this is.
Need to see a picture.
View Quote
Searching the part number, I see references to a rotary magazine.  That would be an interesting way to solve the length issue since I first pictured a huge Saiga/Vepr mag hanging out of a Tavor.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

RSR entry

Pretty detailed in there. 18.5" barrel, 15 rounds, accepts Beretta chokes?  That ain't just a glitch in the Matrix. Unannounced product for 2018?

Must have posted a bunch of stuff to their database.

RSR Tavor 7

X95 SBR
View Quote
shot show may be interesting this year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#50]
https://youtu.be/lnmnHJ_nIWE?t=555

Video from the Defense and Security Thailand 2017 Bangkok international military and defense industry Day 4.  The Israeli rep is at 9:15 explaining the Tavor 7.  Interesting thing is it can be changed between left and right hand ejection in the field without a different bolt.  The charging handle and ejection port cover is the same.  The gas regulator includes a setting for suppressed firing and an "off" setting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top