Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 9:42:56 PM EDT
Does this mean it is going to be hard to find barrels and parts in the future? Are they going to continue to support it or just phase out everything?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Their facebook said they will continue to support. Also if I'm not mistaken the barrels should be the same between Tavor and X95.

It just seems like the market has spoken and they are selling way more of the X95 than they are of the standard Tavor.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you are right. X95 seem to sell better. They were not for me. I like the SAR better. I am happy they will still support it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Just wanted the add, the barrels are not the same.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their facebook said they will continue to support. Also if I'm not mistaken the barrels should be the same between Tavor and X95.

It just seems like the market has spoken and they are selling way more of the X95 than they are of the standard Tavor.
View Quote
When the Tavor first broke IWI sold truckloads of them, several years ago. Has the same been true of the X95?
I have an 18" that I bought used and take it to the range and a still NIB 16" that I have a 9mm kit for so I am stocked on Tavors but I'd like to know comparative sales numbers SAR vs X95.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When the Tavor first broke IWI sold truckloads of them, several years ago. Has the same been true of the X95?
I have an 18" that I bought used and take it to the range and a still NIB 16" that I have a 9mm kit for so I am stocked on Tavors but I'd like to know comparative sales numbers SAR vs X95.
View Quote
If memory serves, they sold something like 35,000 SARS within the first year or so, which means it sold more in about a year than the AUG has in 30.  Then it was on the market several more years before the X95 came out.  Which should make the SAR the most prolific bull pup in the US.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a SAR owner and have handled the X95. As silly as it sounds, when the X95 released, I had to pass on it due to the mag release butting being to far rearward for my long fingers. I also like that the SAR has an 18" barrel option and can accept the Podium Bipod on the pistol grip. I have a feeling that when Desert Tech ramps up production on the MDR, their sales of the .223 model will eat away at the X95 sales.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a SAR owner and have handled the X95. As silly as it sounds, when the X95 released, I had to pass on it due to the mag release butting being to far rearward for my long fingers. 
View Quote
This.  That, and the weird PG angle (and the fact that its only comfortable if you choke down, and I choke up on my grips) killed the X95 for me.  I wanted to like it, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top