Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2017 12:27:00 PM EDT
With gun prices at the lowest in quite awhile, I want to get a bullpup because I've always wanted one.   Don't really have a need for it.  

I'd prefer one in x39, but alas that's not really feasible.  

What bullpup is considered the most accurate?   I'm talking relative to one another, not in absolute MOA.   What bullpup can be made more accurate with aftermarket parts?   Triggers, or whatever?   I know the Aug had a 20/20 trigger pack at one point, so that absolutely counts.  

To repeat, just concerned with relative accuracy in the bullpups that are available.  With whatever tweaks are common.  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The MDR is supposed to be MOA, but there are only a few shipped, and the only accuracy tests I've seen are from the manufacturer or those employed by the manufacturer so take them with a grain of salt until they're out in public more with more data collected.

Other than that most everything shoots about the same. I know the AUG tends to shoot well, though I've never owned one. My Tavor with a G trigger will do a pretty consistent 2 MOA with 77gr Black Hills loaded TMKs, but that's with a 3x ACOG rested off a range bag. I'd wager it could do better in a more controlled setup, and a better trigger puller.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Walther WA2000

If you can find one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With gun prices at the lowest in quite awhile, I want to get a bullpup because I've always wanted one.   Don't really have a need for it.  

I'd prefer one in x39, but alas that's not really feasible.  

What bullpup is considered the most accurate?   I'm talking relative to one another, not in absolute MOA.   What bullpup can be made more accurate with aftermarket parts?   Triggers, or whatever?   I know the Aug had a 20/20 trigger pack at one point, so that absolutely counts.  

To repeat, just concerned with relative accuracy in the bullpups that are available.  With whatever tweaks are common.  

Thoughts?
View Quote

You want a sub moa bull pup? No caliber requirement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=RyybmryvRhs
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
M17s out of my BPs. This is due to an excellent trigger. The 308s come with an adjustable gas block and soon the the 223s will, too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They're not cheap and though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably the Barrett M99 for widely available rifles...
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]
WA2000.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#8]
The Desert Tech SRS is no slouch.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I see a lot of answers in here about precision bullpup rifles, big bore bullpups etc

I'm assuming you were asking about bullpup 'assault' style weapons, so I'll answer based on that, and my experiences.

Ranked from most to least accurate (in my own experience only)
AUG>RFB/RDB>Tavor>FS2000

The AUG struck me as the most well made, and the FS2000 felt the cheapest despite being the most expensive. I'd never buy a keltec but the ones I shot were accurate. The Tavor just seemed kinda middle-of-the-road, didn't feel as nice as the AUG or as lame as the FN.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#10]
MDR is a big question mark. The f90 Looks interesting but unknown as well. I would say the aug, plus the take down is super easy. F90 might fix that trigger though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#11]
IME AUG/RDB ,  Tavor/FS2000
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I have similar opinion/experience

AUG is the king of bullpup. I've had doubts about its accuracy but it is far better than most people think. It will shoot like a mil spec AR15 or slightly better. You can expect sub 2 MOA for sure.

FS2k wasn't impressive to me. Its bulky design and none of the features really stood out to be unique. Accuracy wise, I can't give you a solid answer but if I hadn't heard of its accuracy then it's certainly below AUG.

Tavor is a piece of shit.

I don't know why people are talking about bolt action bullpups. By context, OP is clearly talking about assault rifles... Silly folks

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see a lot of answers in here about precision bullpup rifles, big bore bullpups etc

I'm assuming you were asking about bullpup 'assault' style weapons, so I'll answer based on that, and my experiences.

Ranked from most to least accurate (in my own experience only)
AUG>RFB/RDB>Tavor>FS2000

The AUG struck me as the most well made, and the FS2000 felt the cheapest despite being the most expensive. I'd never buy a keltec but the ones I shot were accurate. The Tavor just seemed kinda middle-of-the-road, didn't feel as nice as the AUG or as lame as the FN.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top